- Hm.
-嗯。
Well your brother be not here, Major,be just the two of us.
你哥哥不在这里,少校,就我们两个。
And I know from having trekked through it,there'd be an absence of reason where we be heading.
以我从前的长途跋涉经历来看,我们会失去前进的理由的。
- [Washington] "The cold increased very fast and the roads we're becoming worse by a deep snow.
-[华盛顿]“天气变得越来越冷,路面也因为大雪而变得更糟了。
"therefore, we determined to continue our journey on foot."
“因此,我们决定继续徒步旅行。”
More provision, sir.
有补给了,先生。
You may take a rest when you finish with your stories, Major.
你写完故事后,可以休息一下,少校。
I'll keep watch.
我负责放哨。
- What do you think about eternity, Mr. Gist?
-你怎么看待永恒,吉斯特先生?
- Well, Major, currently I'm in the employee of avoiding eternity from the both of us.
-少校,我现在就想逃避,我俩的“受罪永恒”。
As long as I see those who are mine that I love.
只要我能看到我爱的人。
That should be enough.
也就够了。
- Do you fear the Allegheny more, or Sarah?
-你更害怕阿勒格尼山,还是莎拉?
- Oh.
-哦。
Well, if we make it not across the Allegheny,
如果我们没有翻过阿勒格尼山,
her anger will follow me into your eternity, sir,that I promise you.
先生,我向你保证,她的愤怒,将永远伴随着我。
- [Washington] "we met up with the Half King and his men at Logstown and made an alliance.
-[华盛顿]“我们在洛斯敦遇到了“半王”及其手下,并与之结盟。
"They joined our group.
“他们加入了我们的团队。”
"We all arrived at Fort LeBeouf, December 12th, 1753.
“我们都在1753年12月12日到达了勒伯夫堡。”
"While we awaited to visit the Commandant about the letter from Governor Dinwiddie,
“当我们递交了丁威迪总督的信,等待拜访堡垒指挥官时,”
"I had the opportunity to make observations about the Fort.
“我有机会,对堡垒进行观察。”
"According to my best judgment,there are approximately 100 soldiers.
“据我估计,大约有100名士兵。”
"The bastions are made of piles driven into the ground and about 12 feet above,and sharp at the top."
“这些堡垒是由夯入地面的木桩构成的,高出地面约12英尺,顶部很锋利。”
- I've assessed the Fort and made note.
-我已经评估过堡垒,并做了记录。
There are about 100 men on...
大约有100人在...
What say you, Mr. Gist?
你说呢,吉斯特先生?
- Half King is inside with Captain La Force.
-“半王”和拉福斯上尉在里面。
We cannot put our hopes in these Iroquois.
我们不能把希望,寄托在易洛魁人身上。
They've been good to us,but they can be swayed by what is best for their survival.
他们一直对我们很好,但他们也会为了更好地生存而摇摆不定。
- My hope is not in any man, Mr. Gist, but in the Divine.
-吉斯特先生,我的希望不在于任何人,而在于上帝。
And I pray that the Half Kings not succumb to their flattery nor their fine speech,
我祈祷“半王”不要屈服于他们的奉承和花言巧语,
but he assured me that we ought not be concerned,that he knew the French all too well.
但他向我保证,我们不必担心,因为他太了解法国人了。
- They have managed to keep us here far longer than we ought, Major.
-他们把我们拖得太久了,少校。
We cannot predict what these Indians will or will not bow to.
我们无法预测,这些印第安人,会或不会屈从于什么。
Must stay sharp.
必须保持敏锐。
对不起,先生们。
拉加迪耶司令官
让你们和他一起用晚餐。
- I believe we are being invited to sup, Major.
-我想我们是被邀请去吃饭的,少校。
- Very well.
-非常好。
这些闯入者的勇气
让我们给火鸡涂上黄油
- May I ask when Commandant Legardeur will arrive?
我能问一下,勒加迪耶司令官什么时候到吗?
- The Commandant has other demanding priorities, Major.
-少校,司令官还有其他重要任务。
Ye' do not think that you are the only one who vies for his attention?
你不会认为,你是唯一一个想要引起他注意的人吗?
But, I am certain that he will be back soon.
但是,我相信,他很快就会回来的。
- I should think the highest priority should be placed on French and British relations.
—我认为应该把法英关系放在首位。
- Are you not enjoying our hospitality, Major?
-你不喜欢我们的款待吗,少校?
Here, have some more of our finest French wine.
来,再来点我们最好的法国葡萄酒吧。
这很好喝,不是吗?
比你们英国人喝的啤酒好喝得多。
这药多喝点酒会更好吃
- We are obliged by your hospitality.
-我们很感激你的盛情款待。
But we are eager to see the Commandant so we may be on way.
但我们很想见司令官,所以我们才上路赶来了。
- You know, your Indian companions,they love our fine wine,
-你知道吗,你的印第安同伴,他们喜欢我们的美酒,
as well as our exquisite gifts.
还有我们精美的礼物。
- Aye.
-是的。
I'm quite certain, they do.
我很确定,他们喜欢。
我也很确定,你们已经经历了这段艰难的旅程...
...完全没必要。
- By whose authority and instruction do the French Commander-General
-法国总司令凭谁的授权和指示,
march his troops from Canada and invade Virginia territory?
将他的部队,从加拿大开进弗吉尼亚领土?
- Ye dare ask me this,when your English subjects are on French territory.
-你竟敢问我这个,你们的英国臣民,还在我们法国的领土上。
- They are only there to trade, Captain.
-他们只是来交易的,上尉。
- No.
-不。
No Englishman has the right to trade on French claimed lands.
英国人无权在法国宣称拥有的土地上,进行贸易。
- He speaks in English now.
-他现在说英语。
- The British have made claim to this land.
英国人声称对这片土地拥有主♥权♥。
And I demand a response to Governor Dinwiddie's letter.
我要求你对丁威迪总督的信做出回应。
- You are in no position to demand anything, Major Washington!
-你没有资格提出要求,华盛顿少校!
- Gentlemen, please,
-先生们,请息怒,
we are only here to deliver a message, not start a war.
我们只是来传递信息的,不是来挑起战争的。
Major.
少校。
- Major Washington, did you not know that La Sol
-华盛顿少校,难道你不知道,拉索尔
made the discovery of this land 60 years ago,
早在60年前,在英国人还没看见这里时,
long before English eyes were even upon it?
就发现了这片土地吗?
还是把他们送进巴黎的巴士底狱吧。
我们应让土著中的一个,剥下他们的头皮。
- What did they say, Mr. Gist?
-他们在说什么,吉斯特先生?
- I am not certain,but I would venture to say they are not applauding our charm and wit.
-我不敢肯定,但他们肯定不是在欣赏我们的魅力和机智。
Major, hold your anger.
少校,别生气。
- I have never laid eyes on such a fruitless endeavor.
-我从未见过,如此徒劳的努力。
I shall take my leave, gentlemen.
先生们,我要告辞了。
- No, Major, you shall wait for the Commandant.
-不,少校,你要等司令官来。
- We have waited far too long.
-我们等得太久了。
- Gentleman, forgive my tardiness.
-先生们,请原谅我的迟到。
I have much business to conduct in continuing the affairs of the Fort.
我有很多事情要处理,要继续处理堡垒的事务。
- Good eve, Commandant.
-晚安,司令官。
- Sir, we are glad you could join us.
-先生,我们很高兴你能会见我们。
- We also have much business to attend to,which brings us to the letter of remonstrance from Governor Dinwiddie.
-我们也有许多事务要处理,这就使我们不得不考虑丁威迪总督的抗♥议♥信。
Have you a reply for us?
你有给我们的答复吗?
- It must have been a treacherous journey to come here in the dead of winter.
-在隆冬时节,来到这里一定是一次危险的旅程。
- Aye.
-是的。
And I fear it will be much worse going back.
我担心回程将更糟。
- Commandant, we have been here long enough, please.
-司令官,我们在这里等得够久了。
- I have reviewed the letter and I find it to be quite bold,
-我已经看了这封信,我觉得它相当大胆,
considering the French have already claimed this land.
考虑到,法国已经声称拥有这片土地。
Major Washington, it is our absolute design to take possession of the Ohio Valley.
华盛顿少校,占领俄亥俄河谷是我们的既定方针。
Adieu.
再见。
- [Washington] "I tied myself up in a match coat and with my pack containing the letter of remonstrance,
-[华盛顿]“我把自己裹在一件披肩大衣里,背包里装着抗♥议♥书,”
"provisions and a gun, set out with Mr. Gist,accompanied by an Indian guide."
“给养和一支枪,由吉斯特先生和一名印第安向导,陪同出发。”
- The guide hastens.
-向导加速跑了。
- Do you see him, Major? Is he before us?
-看到他了吗,少校?他在我们面前吗?
- Nay, he has quickened.
-不,他加快了速度。
Are we nigh?
我们接近了吗?
- Two whoops.
-两声大叫。
He made a claim of two whoops.
他喊了两声。
You be watchful, Major,I trust him not.
你小心点,少校,我不相信他。
- Are there others? - We're in Ottawa nation.
-还有别人吗? -我们在渥太华族领地。
- We have no writ of execution, Mr. Gist.
-我们没有处罚令,吉斯特先生。
We shall return to Williamsburg to put the Indian to custody.
我们要回威廉斯堡,把这印第安人拘留起来。
- Nay, this savage will not take breath a moment longer, Major.
-不,不能让这个野蛮人再多活一刻,少校。
Stand aside.
让开。
- You will put away your sidearm at once sir,or you will answer for mutinous acts.
-你马上把你的手♥枪♥收起来,先生,否则你将因叛变而受到惩罚。
Mr. Gist! - Ah!
吉斯特先生! -啊!
This fell beast is a sweet French monger.
这个怪物,是个可爱的法国小商贩。
- Halt, I said!
-住手,我说的!
- I now recall you ferreting about Fort Le Boeuf.
-我想起来了,你在找布夫堡的事。
- Halt at once, Mr. Gist.
-马上停下,吉斯特先生。
- He led us into Ottawa territory to have us murdered by his butchering lot.
-他把我们带进渥太华的地盘,让我们被他的屠宰场杀害。
They would have your precious governor's letter
要不是他在雾中迷路的话,他们
and our pitiful scalps if he had not lost the trail in this mist.
就会拿到你那宝贵的总督信件,和我俩可怜的头皮。
Two whoops to the cabin, you say...
你刚才还冲着小木屋,喊了两声...
And I suppose you got lost and fired your weapon without thought.
我猜你是迷路了,下意识地就开枪了。
We have neither the resource nor fortitude
我们既没有条件,也不敢
to take custody of this savage.
来关押这个野蛮人。
And since you will not let me kill him,
既然你不让我杀了他,
we must get him away and travel all night to the Allegheny River and hope it is froze hard to cross.
我们就得把他带走,连夜赶赴阿勒格尼河,希望河水冰冻得结实,足以过河。
- Be gone, treacherous fox.
-滚吧,你这狡猾的狐狸。
- We are not only emissaries of the Crown here, Mr. Gist,but ambassadors of the Divine.
-吉斯特先生,我们在这里不仅是国王的使者,也是上帝的使者。
Our every step will speak beyond this snowy hill.
我们在这的每一声脚步,都将传到在这座雪山之外。
- That Indian will find his brothers and they will hunt us down.
-那个印第安人会找到他的兄弟们,他们会追杀我们。
Our every step on this snowy hill will betray us.
我们在这雪山上的每一脚步,都会出♥卖♥♥♥我们。
We must hurry now.
我们得赶紧了。
- Water, Major. - Good.
-喝口水吧,少校。 -行。
Ah, let's not tarry long.
唉,我们别耽搁太久了。
电影精选列表