I let up one.
好的
Yeah.
他在做什么
What's he doing?
第四个坏球 守住你的垒
Ball four, take your base.
现在击球 33号♥ 梅森·黑斯廷斯
Now batting, number 33, Mason Hastings.
那只闪亮的新球棒帮不了你
That shiny new bat's not gonna help you.
你是决定胜负的一分 来吧
You're the winning run, come on now.
让我们出击吧
Let's rip one.
看起来库克准备继续正面投球
Looks like Cooke is gonna stay in the windup
集中注意在投球手身上
and focus on the batter.
这是在开玩笑吗
You gotta be kidding me.
12岁的球速记录是什么
What the record for 12-year-old?
好吧 是81MPH
Well, it was 81.
来吧
Come on,
早点行动 打到那个高速球 来吧
get around early and drive that fastball, come on!
那不是我的高速球
That wasn't my fastball.
你想看我的高速球吗
Do you wanna see my fastball?
好球
Strike.
嘿 这个孩子是个超人
Hey, this kid's superhuman.
一只12岁的胳膊扔不了那么快
A 12-year-old arm cannot throw that hard.
嘿 教练
Hey, Coach,
如果他把那个扔到你儿子头上你会怎么想
how'd you like if he threw that at your son's head?
来吧 再扔一次
Come on, throw that again.
如果你愿意 我可以扔得更用力
I can throw harder if you want.
投过来吧
Bring it on.
你准备好接这个快球了吗
You ready for the heat?
三个好球
Strike three!
打得不错
Good game.
凯尔 凯尔 凯尔
Kyle! Kyle! Kyle!
祝贺我们康涅狄格州的冠军
Congratulations to the Brighton All-Stars,
布莱顿全明星队
our Connecticut state champions.
最后的比分 布莱顿2分 奥克伍德1分
The final score, Brighton two, Oakwood one.
祝你们在地区比赛中好运 孩子们 让我们感到骄傲
Good luck at regionals, boys, make us proud.
嘿 泰德
Hey, Ted,
你有空吗
you got a second?
嘿 查德
Hey, Chad.
嘿
Hey.
呃
Uh...
我
I was...
去年我没给凯尔个机会是错的
I was wrong not to give Kyle a shot last year,
他和其他很多孩子
him and a lotta other kids.
我真的很抱歉
I'm really sorry about that.
你的儿子
Your son,
他是我见过的最伟大的棒球运动员
he's the greatest baseball player I've ever seen, ever.
听着 我
Listen, I...
我也很抱歉
I'm sorry too.
-不 -我只是
-No. -I was, you know...
好吧 在某种程度上 我应该感谢你
Well, in a way, I should be thanking you.
如果他没被刷掉的话
I don't think Kyle woulda worked that hard
我不认为他会训练的那么认真
if he hadn't been cut.
事情的结局总是出乎意料
Funny how things work out.
精彩得比赛 教练
Good game, Coach.
谢谢你
Thanks.
你们好 库克先生 库克太太
Excuse me, Mr. Cooke, Mrs. Cooke,
我是 卢·格雷
I'm Lou Grey,
我负责斯坦福大学棒球项目
I head up scouting
的球探工作
for Stanford University's baseball program.
如果你有时间 我想和你谈谈你的儿子
I'd like to talk to you about your son if you have a moment.
这是不是违反了 呃 招生规定吗
Isn't that some sort of, uh, recruiting violation?
我是说 凯尔才上八年级
I mean, Kyle's only going into eighth grade.
不 不 不 不
Oh, no, no, no,
我觉得凯尔不适合去斯坦福
I don't think Kyle's right for Stanford.
是关于泽维尔的
This is about Xavier.
听着 我这周看了他的几场比赛
Look, I caught a couple of his games this week,
我想只要他的破发球再下点功夫
and I think with a little work on his breaking ball,
而且他的学习成绩不错的话
and if his grades are good,
我想我们有兴趣
I think we'd be interested
给他提供全额奖学金
in offering him a full scholarship.
所以你要知道
So you know,
我们对你儿子的投资大约是30万美元
that's about a $300,000 investment on our part in your son.
呃 好吧 好吧 听着
Uh, alright, alright, look,
我才意识到这是有点空穴来风
I realize this is coming out of, well, left field.
这是我的名片
Here's my card,
你们何不谈一谈
why don't you guys talk about it
一两天内给我打个电♥话♥
and give me a call in a day or two
也许我们可以进一步讨论这件事 好吗
and maybe we can discuss this further, alright?
高兴认识你
Pleasure meeting you.
很高兴认识你
Pleasure to meet you.
-谢谢你 -谢谢你
-Thank you. -Thank you.
祝你今天过得愉快
Have a good day.
呃 格雷先生
Uh, Mr. Grey,
呃 只是有点好奇
uh, just curious,
你为什么不认为斯坦福大学适合凯尔
why don't you think Stanford's right for Kyle?
听着 嗯 作为一名招生教练
Look, um, as a recruiting coach,
我一年到头都在环游世界
I travel around the world all year long
寻找年轻的棒球运动员 库克先生
looking at young ballplayers, Mr. Cooke,
在我看来 几年之后毫无疑问
there's no question in my mind that in a couple of years,
凯尔将会是这个星球上最有前途的运动员
Kyle will be the number one prospect on this entire planet.
事实上 他高中毕业的那天
In fact, the day he graduates high school,
一些大联盟组织会给你提供
some major league organization will be offering you
一份价值一亿美元的合同
a hundred-million-dollar contract.
即使是斯坦福大学也无法与之竞争
Even Stanford can't compete with that.
听着 呃 我得说
Look, um, I have to say this,
很明显
obviously,
你的孩子们都是很棒的棒球运动员
you got a couple of great ballplayers in your boys,
从我在他们与教练
from what I've seen,
队友的互动来看
their interaction with their coaches, teammates,
你们培养了两个优秀的年轻人
you two have raised two fine young men.
你应该感到自豪
You should be proud.
好吧 我不该再占用你时间了
Well, look, I shouldn't tie you up any longer.
很高兴认识你
It's a pleasure meeting you.
我期待着再和你谈谈
I look forward to talking some more.
祝你今晚愉快
Have a great evening.
身体健康 我的朋友
Be well, my friends.
布莱顿队在他们的地区赛中无一败绩
他们晋级了世界大赛的全国锦标赛
在第十一局中输给了德州
凯尔创造了全垒打和打击得分的锦标赛纪录
在他的三次投球中 凯尔投了两个无安打 并打破了三振出局的纪录
凯尔·库克成为比赛历史上首位虽然被评为最有价值的球员 队伍却没有取得世界冠军的球员
电影精选列表