Here you go.
谢谢
Thank you.
这不是咖啡
This isn't coffee.
这是咖啡和热巧克力
Coffee and hot chocolate.
你怎么知道的?
How did you know?
知道什么?
Know what?
这是我最喜欢的饮料
That was my favorite drink.
是吗?其实我还藏了好几招呢
It is? Guess I still have a couple of tricks up my sleeve.
听着
Listen.
丽兹 你觉得这地方到底是怎么回事?
Liz, what do you think is really going on here?
拜托告诉我
Please.
这和我在酒吧看到的那些书有关 对吧?
It has something to do with those books I saw in the bar, right?
你看到那些书了?
You saw the books?
它们就在我面前
They were right in front of me.
那些是你的书吗?
Were those yours?
是我工作的博物馆里的书
They're from the museum where I work.
但你说过我没有疯 还记得吗?
Okay, but you said I wasn't crazy, remember?
我不觉得你疯了 丽兹
I don't think you're crazy, Liz.
我绝不会那么想
That's the last thing I think.
我不知道孟买♥♥海滩发生了什么
I don't know what's happening in Bombay Beach,
但我觉得这与梦有关
but I think it has something to do with dreams.
梦?
Dreams?
是的
Yeah.
在我妈妈消失之前 她每天都在给我打电♥话♥抱怨这些
Before my mom disappeared, she was calling me every day complaining about these
她的梦
dreams she was having.
她说镇上的每个人在做梦
She said everyone in town was having them.
-什么样的梦? -各种各样的梦
- What kind of dreams? - All different kinds.
但是里面都有他们
But they all involved this
一些黑影
dark shadow figure.
还有一些奇怪的时间错乱
And some strange time-slipping thing.
你是说搞不清时间?
Like losing track of time?
还有现实
And reality.
杰克 你怎么了?
Jake, what is it?
呃
Well,
在我小的时候
when I was a kid,
大概八岁左右
like eight years old,
我睡不着
I could never sleep.
所以我整晚都醒着
So, I'd stay up all night,
关掉灯 听音乐
with the lights off, listening to music.
整晚?
All night?
是的
Yeah.
有时连续两三个晚上都是这样
Sometimes two or three nights in a row.
有一天晚上我在听披头士的《白色专辑》
This one night, I was listening to the Beatles White album.
这唱片我听了应该有一千遍
Which I'd listened to like a thousand times.
这张唱片放完的时候 我听到父亲的旧唱机转盘上的针划过末端
When the album finished, I heard the needle from on my dad's old turntable track across the end.
然后那根针抬了起来
Then, the needle picked up,
接着突然传来啪一声巨响
and then came back down with a loud snap.
吓人
Okay...
我也没有疯 丽兹
I'm not crazy either, Liz.
我明白 杰克
I know, Jake.
就在那响声的同一时刻
So, at the exact same time as the snap,
我妈妈出现在我房♥间的门口
my mom appeared at the door of my room.
她说该上学了
She said it was time for school.
所以你在无意识间睡着了?
So, you might have fallen asleep and not known it.
也许吧
Maybe.
但是19天之后……
But, nineteen days later...
我把日子记得很清楚 丽兹
I counted the days, Liz.
19天后 这事又发生了一次
Nineteen days later, it happened again.
这很奇怪
That's weird.
更奇怪的在后面
You haven't heard the rest.
当我第二天起床去上学的时候
When I got up and went to school the next day,
一切都发生了
everything happened
就像之前发生的一样
exactly like it happened before.
感觉似曾相识?
Like deja vu?
不
No.
丽兹
Liz,
那不是相似
it wasn't similar.
是一模一样
It was the same.
每一刻
Every moment.
每一件事都一样
Every event.
就好像是在看一部我已经看过的电影
It was like I was living through a movie I had already seen.
这太可怕了
That's so scary.
那可不
Tell me about it.
我当时八岁
I was eight.
我从来没有告诉过任何人这个故事
I never told anyone that story.
我很高兴你告诉了我 杰克
Well, I'm glad you told me, Jake.
梦和我消失的车子会有什么关系呢?
What the hell could dreams have to do with my van disappearing?
我不知道
I don't know.
也许这和你的车没有任何关系
Maybe they have nothing to do with your van.
也许只是一些孩子开着它去兜风了
Maybe it's just some kids taking it for a joyride is all.
我真的很为你难过 杰克
I couldn't be sorrier for ya, Jake.
-需要的信息都记下来了吗? -记了 长官
- You got all you need there, son? - Yes, sir.
你别担心丽兹 等我们回到警局 我马上就开始处理这件事
Don't you worry, Liz. I'm going to get right on this when we get back to the station.
我所有的东西都在那辆车里
Everything I own was in that van.
没关系杰克 只是东西而已 可以挣回来
It's okay, Jake. It's just stuff. We can get more stuff.
-那可能就是他们偷车的原因 -他们?
- That's probably why they took it. - They?
我们认为是墨西哥人
We think it's Mexicans.
是的 他们在半夜来到这里 静静地潜入镇子
Yeah, they come up here in the middle of the night, they creep into town, real quiet like,
找一个目标 然后60秒内就把它偷走
pick out a mark, then bam! It's gone in sixty seconds.
你的车子挂的是别地的车牌 简直是再好不过的目标了
Your van parked out here with out of state plates is like a sittin'-duck in this town.
该死的 我忘了这个 肯塔基的车牌
Damn it. Forgot to put that down, Kentucky plates.
这些年丢掉的汽车数量多到惊人
You'd be surprised how many cars have gone missing over the years.
那为什么我们一辆都找不到呢?
How come we never find any of them?
因为这个地方很大 丽兹
It's because it's a big county, Liz.
就像我说的如果是墨西哥人干的 他们很可能开车穿过边境
Like I said, if it's Mexicans, chances are they're just driving them across the border
-或者把车拆掉然后把零件卖♥♥掉 -该死
- or strippin' them down to nothin' and selling the parts. - Damn.
嗯
Mm-Hm.
杰克 你还有什么要告诉我的吗?
Is there anything else you think we need to know, Jake?
暂时没有了
That's about it.
谢谢你这么快来告诉我
Thanks for coming out so fast.
啊“保护并服务” 就像大城市所说的那样
Ah, "Protect and Serve", as they say in the big city.
你的咖啡做得真棒
You sure do make a mean cup of Jo.
我会马上处理这件事的 我向你保证丽兹
I'm gonna get right on this. I promise you, Liz.
好 那我们赶紧开始调查如何
Well, what do you say we mosey on out of here and get to it then?
-别打扰他们俩了 -谢谢 山姆
- Leave these two kids alone. - Thanks, Sam.
约翰逊那里有多远?
How far is the Johnson place?
-它在很远的郊区 -我们能走过去吗?
- It's way on the outskirts of town. - Can we walk?
也许吧 但要走上一整夜
I guess, but it would take all night.
那么你能给我们弄辆车来吗?
Well, can you get us a car?
也许可以 走吧
Maybe I can. Come on.
孟买♥♥海滩
哇
Wow!
-这个地方真棒 -是啊
- This place is so cool. - Yeah.
这是什么?
What is it?
是这个镇的创始人的艺术创想
Oh, it's the town founder's idea of art.
大家都叫他孟买♥♥ 因为他经常喝那种蓝色杜松子酒
Everyone used to call him Bombay, because he used to drink that blue sapphire gin,
所以这里叫孟买♥♥沙滩 不过他早就去世了
so, Bombay Beach. But he's long-gone now.
-他从哪儿弄来的这些车? -我不知道
- Where'd he get all the cars? - I have no idea.
他常常把钥匙留在车里 好给那些要急用车的人用
He used to leave keys in that one, just in case anyone in town needed it in an emergency.
嘿你…想和我一起去免下车电影院吗?
Hey, you, um... want to go the drive-in movies with me?
免下车电影院? 和你?
The drive-in? With you?
没错 女士
Yes, ma'am.
好吧 我接受
Well, I accept.
但是我要让你知道 杰克兰多尔先生 我不会在第一次约会时接吻
But, I'll have you know, Mr. Jake Landor, I do not kiss on a first date.
我从来没有想过这样的事
I'd never think such a thing.
听着
Listen.
你有没有想过 如果我们找不出你妈妈的行踪 你怎么办?
Have you thought about what you'll do if we never find out what happened to your mom?
我会一直跟你找到最后的
I'm gonna see this thing through to the end.
我想让你知道
I want you to know that.
我很高兴
I'm so glad.
有时候我希望我能逃离这一切
Sometimes I just wish I could run away from all this.