就像看手相一样?
Like a palm reading?
差不多
Something like that.
不开车吗
No car?
不过我早晚会把你弄到我车后面去的
I guess I'm gonna get you in the back of my van after all.
我喜欢在早上散步 你介意吗?
I like to walk in the morning. Do you mind?
当然不
Hell, no.
清晨散步 我醒在自己选择的道路上
One day walking I awaken On this road that I have taken
这是什么?
What's that from?
是我在某一首诗里读到的句子
I must have read it in a poem somewhere.
一首诗?
A poem?
你们乡下男孩怎么会识字
Well, I didn't think you country boys knew how to read.
《绿色鸡蛋和火腿》:一部儿童绘本
是啊 女士 上周我刚看完《绿色鸡蛋和火腿》
Yes, ma'am. Why just last week I finished Green Eggs and Hamin just one sitting.
我猜人们还在睡懒觉吧?
I guess people sleep in, huh?
应该吧
Something like that.
马在哪儿?
Where's the horse?
马?
The horse?
每一个乡村小镇都应该有马
Every one-horse town's got to have a horse.
孟买♥♥海滩 社区中心
很高兴你来了 丽兹
I'm so glad you came, Liz.
你必须换掉鞋子
You have to change those.
谢谢
Thanks.
他很帅 但脑瓜不灵活 对吧?
He's cute, but not that bright, is he?
你一直在做梦吗 杰克?
Have you been having the dreams, Jake?
梦?
Dreams?
把你跟我说的告诉她吧
Tell her what you told me.
我刚刚做过一个
I had one earlier.
就像真的一样
It was like it was real.
梦都是真的 亲爱的
Well they're all real, darling.
是吗?
Yeah?
许多文化认为他们梦中的世界才是他们真实的存在
Lots of cultures believe their dream world is their actual plane of existence.
在这个地方…
And, this place...
-嗯… -我曾经有一个这样的朋友
- Well... - I had a buddy like that once.
他的创伤后应激障碍很严重
He had PTSD real bad.
叫做沙帕或者沙帕纳…
Called it, sapa, or sapna...
之类的
Something like that.
斯瓦普那
Svapna.
对 就是那个
Yeah, that's it.
-这是什么意思? -这是梵文
- What's that mean? - It's Sanskrit.
你的朋友怎么了?
What happened to your friend?
他去世了
He didn't make it.
死于用药过量
OD'd.
是自杀的?
Took his own life.
不清楚
Not sure.
都是那该死的医生给他开了那么多药
It's the damn doctor's fault for giving him all that crap.
当心那些自称有灵丹妙药的人
Beware the Mambo with the miracle elixir.
走啊
Well, come on.
嗯
Um,
丽兹说你会帮我解梦
Liz said you'd do a reading for me.
我刚刚解了 亲爱的
I just did it, darling.
什么?
What?
什么时候?
When?
你打保龄球的时候
When you bowled your strike of course.
你不信的话我待会可以去院子里捡个水晶球来
I can find a crystal ball at a yard sale later if it makes you feel better.
来吧 我们该走了
Now, come on. We need to go.
今天不是周日吗?
Isn't today Sunday?
是吗?
Is it?
相当肯定
Pretty sure.
我猜你不是个信教的人
Guess you're not a church-going-girl.
她曾经是
She used to be.
没有晨祷吗?
No morning service?
怎么了?
What's wrong?
没什么
Nothing.
我的表停了
My watch stopped.
我们来这里做什么?
What are we doing here?
这是帕蒂最后被目击的地方
This is the last place Patty was seen.
帕蒂?
Patty?
我妈妈
My Mom.
你妈妈失踪了?
Your Mom's missing?
这里曾经每周都会举办一次宾果比赛 我妈妈每次都来
There used to be a weekly Bingo here, and my Mom never missed a game.
一天晚上她开车回家 就不见了
One night she drove off to go home and that was it.
警♥察♥怎么说?
What did the cops say?
肖警长?
Sheriff Shaw?
说“正在调查中”
"It's under investigation."
那他派了多少人调查这件事?
Well, how many men does he have working on it?
只有他和他的副手马修
It's just Sam and Matthew, his deputy, around here.
一定还有我们能找到的线索
There's got to be something else we can do.
我已经打电♥话♥给州警♥察♥和联邦调查局了
I've called State Police and the FBI,
但他们说只有在犯罪发生后才会介入
but they only get involved if they think a crime has taken place.
好吧 也许她被绑♥架♥了
Well, maybe she was kidnapped.
这是有可能的 不是吗?
It's possible, isn't it?
好的 问题是 杰克
Okay, the thing is, Jake,
我没疯 好吗 我保证我没疯
look, I'm not crazy, okay? I promise I'm not crazy...
我知道你没有
I know you're not.
镇上几乎每个人都消失了
Almost everyone in the town has disappeared.
要么消失要么离开要么更糟
Disappeared, left or worse.
有多糟?
Worse?
死了
Died.
这个镇子的死亡人数明显太多了
They've had more than their fair share of death in this town.
-真的吗? -是的
- Really? - Yeah.
所以治安官忙得不可开交
So, the Sheriff has his hands full.
来吧
Come on.
我想让杰克和霍斯谈谈
I want Jake to talk to Hoss.
霍斯是牧师吗?
Is Hoss the priest?
牧师早就不在了
The priest is long gone.
小霍斯 这是我的朋友杰克
Little Hoss, this is my friend, Jake.
丽兹喜欢杰克
Liz likes Jake.
是的霍斯 杰克是我的好朋友
That's right, Hoss. Jake is my good friend.
丽兹喜欢杰克
Liz likes Jake.
好了 霍斯 可以了亲爱的
Okay, Hoss. That'll do, darling.
霍斯喜欢杰克
Hoss likes Jake.
我也喜欢你 霍斯 很高兴见到你
I like you too, Hoss. Great to meet you.
亲爱的你能告诉杰克 你昨晚看到帕蒂的事吗?
Hon, can you tell Jake about the last night you saw Patty?
我告诉了德尔菲和丽兹
I tells Delphi and Liz.
我知道 但是你现在能告诉你的新朋友吗?
I know you did. But can you tell your new friend now too?
好的
Okay.
帕蒂很高兴因为她在宾果游戏中获胜了
Patty was happy because she was winning at the Bingo.
她赢了又赢
She was winnin' and winnin'.
帕蒂之前从来没有赢过
Patty never win at the Bingo.
她说她能赢是因为丽兹的爸爸告诉她要玩什么号♥码
She says she was winnin' because Liz's dad tells her what numbers to play.
我父亲在我九岁的时候就死了
My dad's been dead since I was nine.
帕蒂说没关系 他会在剩下的时间里帮助她
Patty says that don't matter. He's going to help her for the rest of time.
嘿 德尔菲 我下次能在家穿他的鞋子吗?
Hey, Del, can Little Hoss wear his shoes home next time?
当然 下次你可以在家里穿那双鞋
Sure, Hon. Next time you wear them home.
这是什么?
What is it?
我一定要说吗?
Does I have to say?
我希望你能说
I wish you would.
莫斯利说他在老约翰逊家里看到了帕蒂的车
Mosley says he saw Patty's car at the old Johnson place.
我不喜欢那个地方
Little Hoss don't like that place.
他什么时候告诉你的?
When did he tell you that?
他昨天对我说的
He said it to me yesterday.
你怎么没告诉丽兹?
How come you didn't tell Liz?
丽兹一直都很伤心……我不想让她难过
Liz been so sad all the time, so sad... I didn't want to make her no sadder.
我明白
I understand.
我没有做错事吧?
Little Hoss didn't do bad, did he?
不 亲爱的完全没有 谢谢你关心我
No, hon, not at all. Thank you for being concerned about me.
霍斯爱丽兹
Little Hoss love Liz.
我也爱你 霍斯
I love you too, Hoss.
你要去房♥间里躺一会儿吗?
You want to go lay down in your room for a spell?
小霍斯想躺下
Little Hoss want to lay down.
好的 来吧
Okay. Come on.