If anyone deserved to be saved, it was her.
丽兹告诉我还有一些人也失踪了
Liz told me there were a few others who went missing too.
孩子 这个镇子在你出生前很久就荒废了
The whole town is gone, son. It started long before you were born.
你什么意思?
What do you mean?
孟买♥♥海滩曾经是地球上最棒的地方
Bombay Beach used to be the greatest place on earth.
我妈妈给我看过当时的照片
My mom showed me pictures of back then.
我的办公室里有一些很不错的照片
I have some really nice photos right over there in my office.
我想看看
I'd like to see those.
请便吧 孩子
Oh, help yourself, son.
不要抵抗 丽兹
Don't fight it, Liz.
丽兹
Liz.
丽兹?你还好吧?
Liz? You okay?
没事
Yeah.
发生了什么?
What happened?
我不知道
I don't know.
你又开始发出奇怪的声音了
You started making that weird noise again.
我睡着了吗?
Was I asleep?
你的眼睛是睁着的
Your eyes were open.
嘿 我们该走了
Hey, we should go.
好的
Yeah, okay.
怎么了
What?
谢谢你帮我 杰克
Thank you for helping me, Jake.
这是莫斯利家吗?
Is this Mosley's place?
对
Yeah.
你觉得他在家吗?
Think he's home?
我每天都来这里 已经有一个星期没有见到他了
I've come here every day for a week and I haven't seen him.
那你打算怎么办
Well, what do you want to do?
我可能知道他在哪里 来吧
I think I might know where he is. Come on.
你好吗?
How y'all doin'?
你一定是那个杰克吧
This must be the famous Jake.
莫斯利 你为什么不告诉我你要去哪?
Mose, why didn't you tell me where you were going?
我非常担心
I was worried sick.
这不是我预想之路
This is not the path I thought.
也不是我寻求之地
This is not the place I sought.
这不是我憧憬之梦
This is not the dream I bought.
只是我命运的狂热
Just a fever of fate I've caught.
看来你们俩可能会很有共同语言
Looks like you boys might have a lot to talk about.
你在约翰逊这里干嘛
What were you doing at the Johnson place?
-德尔菲告诉我我得走了 -都告诉他们吧 酒保
- Delphi told me I needed to go. - Tell them the rest, barkeep.
她在我的梦里告诉我
Well, she told me in my dreams.
她让你也扔了一发保龄球吗?
Did she make you bowl a game for her too?
我本来想和你一起去的 莫斯利
I would have gone with you, Mose, you know that.
你在寻求什么?
What were you looking for?
涅槃
Nirvana.
我猜你说的不是那个摇滚乐队
I guess you don't mean the rock band.
从轮回中解脱 解放完全的救世
To be free from samsara. Total soteriological release.
-听起来很痛苦 -说得没错 杰克
- That sounds painful. - Exactly right, Jake.
我只是不想让你陷入危险 丽兹 仅此而已
I just didn't want to put you in any danger, Liz, that's all.
另外 我知道你有自己的路要走
Plus, I know you've got your own path to walk.
呃 约翰逊家非常大
Well, the Johnson place is huge.
你能告诉我你是在哪里看到我妈妈的车吗?
Do you think you could show me where you saw my mom's car?
我不能说 丽兹
I can't go back out there, Liz.
对不起 我做不到
I'm sorry. I just can't.
如果德尔菲说可以呢?
What if Delphi said it was okay?
他必须自己做出决定 猛♥男♥
He's got to make his own decisions, soldier.
就像你一样
Just like you.
我很抱歉 亲爱的
I'm sorry, sweetheart.
相信我
Trust me.
你们很容易就会找到那个地方的
You're not going to have any trouble finding it.
我不明白这里为什么白天这么热晚上又这么冷
I can never get over how it can be so hot here in the day and so cold at night.
我可以搂着你吗?
Is it okay if I put my arm around you?
可以让你暖和一些
I mean, just to keep you warm of course.
如果只是为了让我暖和些的话 我觉得可以
Well, if it's just to keep me warm, then I guess it would be fine.
湖上发生了什么事?
What happened to the lake?
没有人知道
Nobody really knows.
-那是什么味道?-硫磺和盐的味道
- What is that smell? - Sulfur. And salt.
盐?
Salt?
是啊 海水退去后留下了这个湖 这是一个咸水湖
Yeah. The lake's left over from when the ocean's receded here. It's a salt water lake, Jake.
海洋一直延伸到这里?
The ocean came all the way out here?
-一百万年前确实是这样 -酷
- A couple million years ago it did. - Cool.
是啊 所以我们现在还在海平面以下
Yeah. We're actually way below sea level right now.
那这里一直都是这样的吗?
So, has it always been like this?
不是
No.
我小的时候 我们每年夏天都会在这里面游泳
We used to swim in it every summer when I was a kid.
哇哦
Man.
童年的夏天
Being a kid in the summer.
那可爽死了
That was great.
是的 确实如此
Yeah. It was.
那是一艘船吗?
Is that a boat?
我不知道
I don't know.
可能是吧
I think it is.
-来吧 我们去看看 -好的
- Come on. Let's go have a look. - Okay.
对不起丽兹 我不是故意要吓你的
- - I'm sorry, Liz. I didn't mean to scare you.
哦天哪 马修你差点让我心脏病发作
Oh, my God, Matthew, you almost gave me a heart attack.
好吧我们不是故意的 你还好吗?
Well, we don't want that, darlin'. Are you okay?
-你好警长 -你好吗杰克?
- Hey, sheriff. - How ya' doin', Jake?
我们没事 这艘船怎么了?
We're all right. What's going on with the boat?
一些孩子在这里玩
Some kids were out here getting high,
他们说有个长相奇怪的人把他们吓跑了
and they said that some strange looking person scared them off.
-我还以为这镇子里已经没有孩子了 -确实没有
- I didn't think there were any kids left in this town. - Well, there's not.
但是你很清楚孟买♥♥沙滩这地方 丽兹
But, you know how Bombay Beach is, Liz.
孩子们只是来这里冒险
Kids just come out here looking for some kind of adventure.
那么他们是怎么描述他们看到的那个男人的?
So, what did they say about the guy they saw?
-他们没说那是个男人 -是个女人?
- They didn't say it was a guy. - It was a woman?
其实他们也没那么说
You know, come to think of it, they didn't say that either.
-这有点奇怪不是吗警长? -确实有点奇怪
- That's kind of weird now isn't it, sheriff? - Kind of weird indeed.
那么他们有没有描述这个人?
So, did they talk about this... this person?
没有
Nope.
他们只说他远远地站着 看着他们
They just said he stood off in the distance, watching them.
我讨厌那样
I hate that.
被人盯着看
When someone just stares at you.
那么发生了什么?
So, what happened?
据他们所说 经过很长一段时间后
Well, from what they said, after a long time,
这个人突然全速跑向他们
suddenly this person just ran at them full speed.
-然后它就跳上了船 -什么?
- And then it just leaped up here in the boat. - What?
是的 就像是飞上去的
Yeah. It's like it flew or something.
你能相信吗 丽兹?
I mean, can you believe that, Liz?
什么样的人能一下子跳这么高?
What kind of person can leap all the way up here?
是的 吓坏了那帮小兔…我是说那群调皮的孩子
Yeah. Scared the shi... I mean, scared the you know what out the damn little delinquents.
-这故事真离奇 -我同意 杰克
- That's quite a story. - I agree, Jake.
他们来到警局的时候都很激动 我想可能只是旅行太糟糕了
They were pretty high when they came in the station. I think it's just a bad trip is all.
我不知道 警长 你有没有看到他们……
I don't know about that, sheriff. Did you see the way that they...
不管怎样我们确实找到了一些有人住在船上的迹象
Anyway, we did find some evidence of someone living out here in the boat.
-你知道是谁吗? -不知道
- Do you know who it is? - Nope.
很可能是我们听说的那个流浪者
Most likely it's that drifter we've been hearing about.
-你觉得他危险吗 山姆? -一切皆有可能
- Do you think he's dangerous, Sam? - Anything's possible.
杰克 帮我照顾好她 好吗?
Jake, why don't you take care of her out of here for me, will you?
当然
Absolutely.
-我能下来了吗 警长?-等一下 孩子
- Can I come down now, sheriff? - In a minute, son.
你们俩去接着溜达吧 这里交给我们就好
Why don't you two mosey along and let us finish up?
没问题
You got it.
如果我们有什么进展 我会告诉你的 好吗?
I'll let you know if we come up with any answers. Okay, Liz?
好的 那再见
Sure. We'll see you later.
再见 马修
Bye Matthew.
再见 丽兹
Bye, Liz.
杰克 你看
Jake, look.
我的车去哪儿了?
Where the hell is my van?
哦 我真的很感激
Oh, I'd really appreciate that.
当然
You bet.
谢谢你 山姆
Thank you, Sam.
请