不会 反而觉得很静谧
No. I think it's peaceful.
看着云聚云散、光影变幻
I watch the clouds form and the light change,
还有工钱领 简直是份恩赐
and I get paid to do it. It's a gift.
确实
yeah, I can see that.
你是怎么干上这行的?
How'd you come to this?
正需要工作的时候看到了招聘单
I saw a flyer for the job opening just when I needed it.
给 柳兰茶
Here, fireweed.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
还得托家族友人给我写封推荐信
I had to get a recommendation from a family friend.
他的原话是
In his words,
“克莱尔·汤普森 全然没有女性惯常的怯懦
"Claire Thompson is absolutely devoid of the timidity normally associated with her sex."
具备过人的职业素养
"She possesses more than adequate work ethic..."
且不惧任何飞禽走兽爬虫游鱼”
"...and is unafraid of anything that walks, creeps, or flies."
味道如何?
How is it?
好喝 谢谢
It's good. Thank you.
从这儿往下看一切都变得好渺小
Everything looks so small from up here.
是啊
Ye
要不要出去看看?
You want to take a look?
一切都长得好快
Everything grows so fast.
几乎看不出山火的痕迹
You can barely tell a fire came through here.
就像从未发生过一样
It's like it didn't even happen.
当时你在场吗?
Were you here when it came through?
没
No.
我没在场
I wasn't.
但...
But, uh...
我妻子和女儿...
my wife and... and my baby, uh...
她们没能逃出来
Ye They, uh... They didn't make it out.
天啊 罗伯特
Oh, Robert.
你知道吗?有时候...
Ye You see, sometimes it... it...
那无尽的悲伤仿佛要将我生吞活剥
It feels like the sadness will just eat me alive, but...
可有时候 又陌生得像是别人的故事
sometimes it just... It feels like it... it happened to somebody else.
我当时没在场
But no, I wasn't here.
我没...
Uh, not when, uh...
没出现在最应该出现的时候
Not when... when I should have been, I guess,
在她们最需要我的时候
and when... when, uh, they needed me the most.
有时候在林子里
I hear them sometimes.
能听见她们的声音
Out there in the woods.
在那儿说话、笑着
Just talking and laughing.
嗯
Ye
我连头都不敢回 深怕自己...
I don't even want to turn my head because I'm afraid...
怕自己惊走她们
that I'll scare them away.
所以就默默地听着
So I just listen...
直到她们的声音渐渐远去
until they fade away somewhere else...
消逝在未知的远方
wherever those things go.
我不曾跟别人说过
Never told anybody else that.
听着像不像是疯了?
You think that makes me sound crazy?
一年多前我也失去了丈夫
Ye I lost my husband too, a little over a year ago.
他煎熬了许久
It took him a long time.
走的时候 我的世界像是被掏空了一样
And when it was over, it was like there was a...a hole in the world.
我有太多疑问却找不到答案
I had more questions than answers,
仿佛这世上没人类死过一样
like no human had ever died before.
丧亲之痛非常人所能受
When you go through something like that,
又哪谈得上疯不疯?
nothing you do is crazy.
人终究要以自己的方式熬过去
You just go through what you go through.
在这林子里 哪怕最微末的存在都很重要
In the forest, every least thing's important.
所有生命相互交织 若真去细看
It's all threaded together,
根本分不清何处是起点 何处是尽头
so you can't tell where one thing ends and another begins if you really look at it.
肉眼看不见的小虫子 与河流同等重要
The little insects you can't even see, they play a role as vital as the river.
枯树和活树 都在完成各自的使命
The dead tree is as important as the living one.
这定有什么值得我们领悟的
There must be something for us to learn from that.
要是已经一无所有了呢?
What if you got nothing left to give?
那又怎么办?
What then?
正如需要布道牧师 这世界也需要林间隐士
The world needs a hermit in the woods as much as a preacher in the pulpit.
说得倒是
Ye Ye
所以是这样吗?
Is that what I am?
我就是个隐士?
A hermit?
咱俩其实都是吧 以各自的方式
Well, I mean, I believe we both are, in our own ways.
等待这世界揭晓你我未完的篇章
Just waiting to see what we've been left here for.
尽管理智告诉他不可能
Though he knew it must be impossible,
女儿归来的念头仍如洪水般涌上心头
the thought overwhelmed him that his daughter had returned.
凯特?
Katie?
凯特
Kate.
是你吗 凯特?
Katie?
天啊 凯特
Oh, Kate.
没事了
Okay.
不怕
Okay.
没事了
Okay.
天啊
Oh my God.
亲爱的 你腿骨断了
Honey, your leg's broken.
会有点疼 忍♥一忍♥
This is gonna hurt, just for a moment.
好了
Okay.
凯特
Katie.
不
No.
要不要打点水 亲爱的?
You want to get some water, honey?
要 - 好
Ye - All right.
拿好了
Up.
哇
Wow.
哎 你干吗?
What did you do?
扔河里干吗呢?
What did you do that for?
水!
Water!
再见喽
Bye-bye.
再见
Bye-bye.
再见
Bye-bye.
凯特?
Katie?
凯特?
Kate?
凯特!
Kate!
凯特!
Kate!
与凯特的重逢 真实如他生命中的任何时刻
Seeing Kate again felt as real as anything else in his life,
尽管连他自己都不清楚 是否真的发生过
even as he wondered if it had really happened to him.
此后经年 他日日夜夜徘徊在林野
He spent many days and evenings wandering the forests and fields of the region,
寻找她的踪迹
looking for any sign of her.
虽始终一无所得
Though he found none,
他终其一生等待
he spent the rest of his days waiting
只为在她再次归来时
so he would be there
能第一时间相迎
if she ever came back.
晚年的格兰尼尔
In his later years,
偶尔会乘大北方铁路去斯波坎
Grainier rode the Great Northern from time to time into Spokane.
在城中漫无目的地游荡
He wandered the city without much direction or purpose,
仿佛在寻找某件遗落多年的旧物
as if looking for something he had misplaced a long time ago.
收到 零重力 我感觉良好
Roger, zero G, and I feel fine.
太空舱正在转向
Capsule is turning around.
天哪 这景色实属壮观
Oh, that view is tremendous.
那人是在干什么?
What is that fellow doing?
收到 太空舱...
Roger, capsule...
他在外太空呢
He's in outer space.
我能看到助推器 就在身后几百米处
I could see the booster during turnaround just a couple of hundred yards behind me.
收到...
Roger...
所以那是...
So is that...?
是咱们人类
That's us.
收到 明白了 七圈返回
Roger. Understand go for at least seven orbits.
骆驼口吐金子啊各位
Huh....a camel spit gold from his teeth.
货真价实的金子!
Gold!
快来见识远东圣人孙子真人显灵
Witness Sun Tzu, the holy man from the far, far east.
圣人孙子给你解梦算命
Sun Tzu, the holy man, will read your dreams.
举世闻名的比特勒姐妹花 表演惊险绝技
Experience the world-famous Bittler Sisters,
十分钱就能看怪物奇观 走过路过别错过
or better yet, pay you a dime to see a monster.
你 就是你
You. You.
过来 过来嘛 抛开心里那点顾虑
Come here. Come here. Ye Cast the stone aside.
这扇门后头啊
Inside this theater,
藏着世间的所有奥秘 保你闻所未闻 见所未见
the mysteries of the world flit about like bats and insects.