SLOW CLAPPING
缓慢的鼓掌
APPLAUSE
掌声
Well done, Phil. Well done!
干得好,菲尔。做得好
How are you feeling?
你的感觉怎么样?
Just show them who you are.
让他们看看你是谁。
What else can I do? No, I...
我还能做什么 不,我...
Do you remember when we first met?
你还记得我们第一次见面吗?
In the halls of residence?
在宿舍楼的大厅里?
I was playing darts and your room was on the other side of the wall.
我在玩飞镖,你的房♥间在墙的另一边。
You came out to ask us to be quiet. It was... It was distracting.
你出来是要我们安静点。这…这太闹心了。
I know!
我记得!
The way you asked us, the way you carried yourself.
你要求我们的方式,还有你的举止。
I could tell straight away, here was a good man.
我一眼就能看出来,他是个好人。
A kind man.
一个好男人。
A man of integrity.
一个正直的男人。
All the pieces of that man are still here, Philip...
那个人的一切还在这里,菲利普……
..which means so is he.
..就是他的本质。
That's who I want you to show them.
这就我要你展现给他们看的。
You'll be fine, Phil. Watch your shoe.
你会没事的,菲尔。我注意到了你的鞋。
Here we are. OK, so, good luck gentlemen. You're not coming in?
-我们到了。好了,祝你们好运。 -你不进去了。
Not going to help your cause if the press see me in there.
如果媒体看到我在里面,对你的诉讼没有好处。
Keep to the brief. Good luck.
-保持简短。 -祝你好运。
This is the only day of verbal evidence for the select committee
这是特别委员会获得口头证据的唯一一天,
and they're keen to hear from their star witness,
他们很想听到他们的主要证人,
the former head of the climate research unit at the University
东安格利亚大学气候研究所的前负责人
of East Anglia, and the subject of many of those emails, Phil Jones.
菲尔·琼斯的证词,他也是多项电子邮件的相关人物。
This is the first time he's come under close public scrutiny.
这是他第一次受到公众的密切关注。
So, shall we begin, Professor Jones, Professor Acton?
我们开始吧?琼斯教授,阿克顿教授。
Thank you. I do have a general statement I'd like to make.No.
—谢谢你!我想做一个一般性的陈述。—不用了。
No general statements, please.
请不要做一般性的陈述。
Oh, Jesus! Just answer the questions when you're asked them.
-哦,上帝! -当别人问你问题时,你就回答。
Perhaps I could just go back to one of Lord Lawson's earlier comments.
或许我可以回顾一下劳森勋爵早先的评论。
What did I miss?
我错过了什么?
That without an understanding of the methodology, that the
没有对方法♥论♥的理解,
peer review system is rather defunct?
同行评审系统就会失去功能?
Well, the, um...
嗯,,嗯……
The methods are published in the
这些方法都是登载
scientific papers, um, that...
在科学论文上,嗯,那个...
That... That... Relatively simple.
那个...那个...相对的简单。
There's nothing sort of rocket science about them. They're...
这些事情本没有那么复杂。它们就是...
Can you explain your email exchange on the 21st of January 2005,
你能解释一下你在2005年1月21日的邮件往来吗
when you say you aren't going to...How are they doing?
当你说你不打算…他们要干什么?
Not bad...Find something wrong with it?
还不赖。..发现有什么问题吗?
That's the nature of scientific pursuits, isn't it?
这就是科学追求的本质,不是吗
Well, I've obviously written some very awful emails. CHUCKLING
我显然写过一些非常糟糕的邮件。[轻笑声]
Let's get you home.
我送你回家吧。
You found him.
你找回他了。
..To look at the key works of CRU,
..看看CRU的关键工作,
to reaffirm the sure-fire quality of the science
重申科学的可靠质量,
and my I end by saying just how proud
最后我要说的是,
I am of the contribution that UEA and CRU in particular has
我为东安格利亚大学和CRU
made to humanity's ability to understand climate change.
为人类理解气候变化能力所做的贡献感到非常自豪。
So, what happens now?
那现在该怎么办?
We wait.
我们等待。
We wait.
我们等着。
Ah, Trevor. Do you know what time the select committee will publish their report?
啊,特雷弗。你知道特别委员会什么时候发表他们的报告吗?
Some time in the morning, so they said. Right.
他们说是上午的某个时候。 好吧。
Are you familiar with the Fermi paradox...
你熟悉“费米悖论”吗?
..the contradiction of lack of evidence for alien life,
..矛盾存在于缺乏外星生命存在的证据,
and considering the size and age of the universe,
和考虑到宇宙的大小和年龄,
the high possibility of its existence? Yes, yes.
外星文明会是很有可能存在的吗? 是的,是的。
The great science. Yeah.
这是伟大的科学。是的。
I read a paper yesterday that suggested climate change
我昨天读了一篇文章,说“气候变化”
might be the answer.
可能是解决“费米佯谬”的答案。
There have perhaps been other civilisations, thousands...
也许还有其他文明,成千上万…
..but they all did what we're doing now,
..但他们都做了我们现在正在做的事
became more and more advanced and in doing so... Yes, I see.
变得越来越先进,这样做会… 是的,我明白。
..burnt themselves out. Bright and brief.
..燃烧了自己。既明亮又短暂。
It does make you wonder, doesn't it,
这确实让你想知道,是不是,
if all this we're fighting against is, well...
如果我们所反对的这一切,那么…
..possibly what we're meant to do?
..也许这就是我们要做的吗?
I'll admit humanity does have something of a gift
我承认人类确实有一种天赋,
for normalising great change,
把巨大改变看成正常发生,
even when it threatens us.
甚至当她威胁到我们时。
But we do also have a gift for survival
但是我们也有一种自救的天赋,
against predators, disease, dictators.
反抗捕食者,对抗疾病,反对独♥裁♥政体。
We do somehow survive.
因此我们存活下来了。
Even if how we live is the danger?
尽管我们的生活方式是危险的?
You have to hope so, don't you?
你也希望如此,对吧?
Goodnight, Trevor.
晚安,特雷弗。
"The focus on Professor Phil Jones and CRU has been...
“关注于菲尔教授和他的CRU似乎...
"Has been misplaced.
“把关注点放错了地方。
"Within the inquiry, and the evidence we took,
“通过征询,及我们掌握的证据,
"the scientific reputation of Professor Jones
“琼斯教授和他的CRU的科学名誉地位
"and CRU remains intact.
“是不可动摇的。
"We have found no reason in this unfortunate episode...
“在这一不幸事件中,我们找不到任何理由
"..to challenge the scientific consensus that global warming
“..来挑战科学共识,即:全球正在变暖,
"is happening and is induced by human activity.
“而且是由人类活动引起的。
"In so far as we've been able to consider accusations of dishonesty,
“到目前为止,我们已经能够认清,对所谓‘不诚实’的指控,
"for example, Professor Jones' alleged attempt to hide
“比如:琼斯教授被宣称有隐藏下降趋势数据
"the decline, we consider there is...
“的企图,我们认为...
"There is no case to answer."
“没有理由回答这个问题。”
..The work done by CRU and have no doubt that for all of us,
..CRU所做的工作,毫无疑问对我们所有人来说都是如此,
our children and our grandchildren, Phil Jones was
对我们的子孙也是如此,菲尔.琼斯教授过去是
and is the right man in the right place
现在也是,一个正确的人,
at the right time.
而且生逢其时。
Phil Jones.
菲尔.琼斯。
Phil Jones. Phil Jones.
菲尔.琼斯。 菲尔.琼斯。
All the other reports reached the same conclusion.
所有其他报告都得出了同样的结论。
There were seven, in total, by the end.
到最后,总共有7个。
Even one that no-one knew about, the...
甚至是一个不会有人相信的机构,那就是...
The United States Environmental Protection Agency?
美国环境保护署?
"A manufactured controversy".
“认为制♥造♥出的争议”。
That's what they called it.
他们是这么叫的。
For us though, it didn't feel like we could even begin to move on
但对我们来说,直到两年后加州的一个大项目发生时,
until two years later when this big project in California happened.
我们才觉得自己可以继续前进。
Berkeley Earth, it was called, set up to prove Philip's work was wrong.
它被称为“伯克利地球”,旨在证明菲利普的工作是错误的。
Anyway...
无论如何...
..they took all the data CRU had used
他们收集了CRU使用过的所有数据,
and started from scratch.
然后从头开始
With some known sceptics on the team too, even Steve Mosher,
团队中也有一些知名的怀疑论者,甚至是
the man who first picked out those extracts.
第一个挑出这些摘要的史蒂夫·莫舍。
The Trick, Hide the Decline.
骗局,隐藏不利的数据。
Even him.
甚至连他也。
And what do you know?
你还知道吗?
Came up with the same results as Philip.
得出了和菲利普一样的结果。
The same results.
相同的结果
Phil.
菲尔。
It's... Sam.
我是...山姆。
I remember.
我记得你。
How are you?
你好吗?
I'm very good.
我很好。
Yes, good, good. Yeah.
是的,好,好,是的。
Oh, this is me.
哦,我到站了。
Good to see you. And you, Sam.
-很高兴见到你。 一样,萨姆
Yeah.
是的。
Yeah, take care.
是的,保重。
Yeah, and you.
你也多保重。
Everything that happened back then, the hacking,
那时候发生的一切,黑客入侵,
other campaigns,
其他竞选活动,
电影精选列表