Keith's data produced similar results to my own reconstruction,
基思的数据得出了和我自己的重建相似的结果,
until 1960, when it began to diverge.
当画到1960年代时,曲线开始出现了分歧。
Diverge? What do you mean?
分歧?你是什么意思?
Well, the real temperatures increase sharply after 1960.
1960年之后,实际温度急剧上升。
But the tree rings got narrower, less dense,
但是树的年轮变得更窄,密度更小
as if the temperature was decreasing, getting colder.
好像温度在下降,越来越冷。
Why would they do that?Well, we're not sure. Um...
-他们为什么会这样?-我们也说不清楚
Acid rain, or the depletion in the ozone layer, but whatever
酸雨,或者臭氧层的损耗,但不管什么原因,
the cause, the tree ring data
1960年之后,树木的年轮数据
becomes unreliable after 1960.
变得不可靠了。
But if it's unreliable then, how do we know it was any good before?
但如果它不可靠,我们怎么知道它以前是可靠的呢?
Its match to previous instrument readings were strong
在整个19世纪和20世纪,直到1960年前,
and universal all through the 19th and 20th century until 1960.
它的读数与之前的仪器读数都吻合得很好。
But on the graph, there's no divergence? Yes, and...
但是在这张图表上,为什么却没有看出两条线分歧? 是这样的...
..I knew that the data became unreliable,
..我知道数据变得不可靠了,
so I included only the real temperatures in the green line.
所以我只把实测的温度值,包括在绿线数据里。
To hide the decline.
来掩盖气温下降。
In tree ring density.But not the temperature?
-用篡改了树木年轮密度的手段。但不是篡改温度数据?
Well... There was no decline in temperature to hide.
嗯…气温的下降没有什么可值得掩盖的。
Every thermometer in the world will say the opposite.
世界上所有的温度计都会得出相反的结论。
The temperatures were rising all through that period.
那段时间气温确实一直在上升。
And they still are.
现在仍然如此。
Jesus!
上帝!
They really screwed you over, didn't they?
那些数据真的把你给耍了,不是吗?
Both down? Flat out.
两个都睡了? 都太累了.
So, how's he doing, your scientist?
你的科学家怎么样了?
Not too great, to be honest.
老实说,不太好。
And who do you think did this to him?
你觉得是谁在整他?
The hack?
那些黑客吗?
Who knows?
谁知道?
But whoever's behind what's happened since knows their stuff.
但幕后主使知道他们的底细。
I mean, a few months ago, there was consensus on global warming.
几个月前,我们就全球变暖达成了共识。
Now, headlines across the world.
现在,已是世界各地的头条新闻。
Could have all just happened?
难道这一切就这么发生了?
Might not be anyone behind it at all.
可能根本就不是幕后黑手。
Some big players have had plans for ages. Oil companies, especially.
一些大公♥司♥早就有了计划。特别是,石油公♥司♥。
They all want to stop the science getting out there.
他们都想阻止科学的传播。
What's so crazy is they knew more about it than anyone else.
最疯狂的是,他们比任何人都知道得多。
All through the '80s, they had the best climate scientists,
整个80年代,他们有最好的气候科学家,
scenario planners...
最好的情景规划者…
And these guys, they're telling them, the CEOs, the boards,
这些人,他们告诉那些首席执行官和董事会成员们,
increasing CO2 in the atmosphere,
增加大气中的二氧化碳,
it's going to be a major problem for the whole world.
这将是整个世界的一个大♥麻♥烦。
Extreme weather, food shortages, mass migrations...
极端天气、食物短缺、大规模移♥民♥…
So what did they do?
他们做了什么?
I can't believe I'm saying this, but...
我不敢相信我会这么说,但是…
..they took all that,
...他们拿走了一切,
all that knowledge, which they had more of, in more detail,
拿走了所有这些知识,而他们自己则有更多,更详细的知识,
and earlier than anyone else, and...
而且比任何人都早知道,而且…
Well, they used it to get ahead of the curve, to come
好吧,他们利用这个优势走在潮流的前面,
up with strategies to keep the public uncertain, unconcerned.
想出政策让公众对此犹豫不决,漠不关心。
What kind of strategies?Front organisations, mostly.
-这是什么样的政策?-主要是前沿组织.
Produce alternative research that backed their message
把符合他们想法的可替代的研究成果
and then pushed it to the media.
推送给媒体。
Ah, PR then.
啊,然后进行公♥关♥宣传。
Marketing.
市场销♥售♥。
Like what you do.
就像你们这样。
No, Dad.
不,爸爸。
At least with what I do, you know who's pitching to you.
至少在我的工作中,你知道是谁在向你推销。
When I read the projections about what could happen
当我读到有可能发生的结果预测时,
if we don't do anything...
如果我们再什么都不做...
..and when I see those dates, 2040 to 2050...
当我看到在2040到2050年时...
..I can't help thinking how old the girls will be.
...我禁不住去想这些女孩会多大。
What their lives will be like.
他们的生活将会是什么样子。
How do you know all this?
你怎么知道这些的?
There's a paper trail.
这有书面记录。
If you know where to look.
如果你知道去哪里找的话。
You think it's the oil companies, then, stole the emails?
你认为是石油公♥司♥的人偷了邮件吗?
Jesus, I don't know, Dad.
天啊,我不知道,爸爸。
It's the internet.
这就是互联网。
A dark place, filled with darker places.
一个黑暗的地方,充满了黑暗的地方。
I just hope we're doing the right thing.
我只希望我们做的是对的。
Why wouldn't you be?
为什么不呢?
This isn't a flagship store, some new trainers.
这不是旗舰店,有很多新款运动鞋。
If we get this wrong, it's...
如果这次你出错了...
It's game over for him.
对他来说,游戏结束了。
Give Lily a birthday kiss from me.
替我给莉莉一个生日吻。
Of course.
当然。
Um...
嗯...
Um...
嗯...
I'm...so sorry, Ruth.
我很对不起...露丝。
You just call me when it's done...
当你和那个记者完事儿后,
..with that journalist.
给我打电♥话♥...
SHE SOBS
她的哭声
Oh...God!
哦...上帝!
Philip!
菲利普!
Good morning. Morning. Morning.How are you? Good. Good. Good.
早安。 早安。 早安。你好吗? 很好,很好,很好。
Are you ready? Yep.
你准备好了吗? 是的。
You're going to be all right.I'll introduce you to Richard.
-你会没事的。-我将把你介绍给理查德。
Neil!
尼尔!
Thank you, love.
谢谢你,亲。
They've done this before, you know.
你知道,他们以前也这么干过。
I'm sorry? Gone after people.Scientists.
-对不起? 保护好那个科学家。
Just for doing their job.He'll be fine. I promise.
-只是为了完成他们的工作。-他会没事的。我保证。
I don't want your promises.
我不需要你的承诺。
I want to be sure you know what you're doing. Yes, we do.
-我想确保你知道自己在做什么。 -是的,我知道
I've been in this game a long time. But it isn't!
-我做这行很久了。- 但他还没做过!
Don't you see that? Not to us.I'm sorry, I... A game.
你不知道吗?我们都没做过我抱歉... 就是一场游戏。
That's not what I meant.That man in there,
我不是那个意思。在那边的男人,
the man you're about to let the press at... Yeah.
你们打算就把他丢给媒体... 是的。
..the press who've dragged him through the mud for months, he's my husband.
就是媒体,几个月来把他淹没在别人的口水中,他是我的丈夫。
A father, a grandfather, someone who's tried to spend his whole
一位父亲,一位祖父,他用一生来追求
life getting closer to the truth. His work is important. I...
追求真理。他的工作是如此重要。我...
HE is important! So I bloody well hope you do know what you're doing
他是如此重要的!所以我希望你们知道自己在做什么
because this might be just a job to you, but for us,
因为这对你们来说可能只是一份工作,但对我们来说,
we could lose everything! Do you understand? Everything!
我们可能会失去一切!你明白吗?一切!
Do you have any regrets?
你有后悔吗?
Well, I regret that I didn't deal with
我很遗憾我没有以更好的方式
the Freedom of Information request in a better way.
处理信息自♥由♥的请求。
I... I misjudged the situation.
我…我误判了形势。
How, exactly?
有多严重?确切点儿讲。
Well, um...
嗯...
According to the rules, we're supposed to do 18 hours of work
按照会定,我们应该经过18个小时的工作后
on each one before we're allowed to turn it down and, um,
才能被允许取消一份请求,嗯,
we received 40 over one weekend,
我们在一个周末就受到了40份请求,
all requesting the same data from five different countries.
是来自五个国家都请求公开同一组数据。
We were being targeted. You think they wanted to waste your time?
-我们被盯上了。 -你觉得他们想浪费你的时间吗?
Well, the data was available elsewhere.
这些数据可以从其他地方获得。
They were trying to slow us down, take us away from our work.
他们想让我们慢下来,让我们无法专心工作。
And the messages you sent about deleting the data?
那时你发的关于删除数据的指示吗?
Er, well, er... It wasn't data. It was emails and, um...
呃,呃,呃…不是什么数据。而是邮件和…
Well, that was...
嗯,那是…
That was... Um...
那是……嗯…
Er...
呃...
Frustration, um...
很气恼,嗯...
They were written in anger.
这些邮件都是在愤怒中写的。
But you did destroy the data?
但你真的破坏了数据吗?
Um, no. It wasn't our data to destroy. It... We interpret it.
嗯,没有。要销毁的不是我们的数据。这是…我们要解释它。
We don't create or collect it.
我们不创造或收集它。
So when the story broke, this was all just before the
所以当这个故事被曝光时,这一切都发生在
电影精选列表