这是一个非常特别的地方
This is such a special place.
历史上绝无仅有的
Special in history.
你得看到大局
You gotta look at the whole picture.
你听说过《联邦党人文集》吗
You ever hear of The Federalist Papers?
没有
Uh-uh.
想要读懂这些文章 你得追根溯源
To know what they are, you gotta go way back
回到《马格纳·卡塔》里去
to what's called the Magna Carta.
那才是一切的开端
That's when things really got going,
如果想刨根问底 你还可以继续回溯
but you can go back further than that if you wanna see.
这些文章里讲的全是掌控民众的事情
It's all a matter of controlling people.
人基本上可以分为两类
You got basically two types:
想要掌控你的和
those who want to control you and
不想被掌控的人
those who don't want to be controlled.
我就是那第二种
That's me, the second type.
你还想再来一杯咖啡吗
You want more coffee?
不 不 我
Oh, no. No. I...
我得回去了
Ooh. Ooh, I got to get back.
是啊 我也得回去做事了
Yeah, I gotta get back to some stuff, too.
下次需要我把表借给你吗
You need to borrow my watch next time?
不好意思
Sorry.
你喜欢派吗
You like pie?
我喜欢派
I like pie.
单纯是因为烧烤客的派特别好吃
Just 'cause they have some great pies at Guy's Grill.
我就想着也许咱们可以一起吃个饭
I was thinking maybe we could go to dinner
然后再来几片派
and then finish up with a couple of slices.
苹果或者桃子味的 8点左右怎么样
Apple, peach. Around 8:00?
8点可以
8:00 sounds good.
好的
Oh. Good.
他们有卡拉OK
They have karaoke.
卡拉OK之夜
倒也没什么特别好说的
Not that there's anything special about it.
在我看来 我们差不多是一类人
The way I see it, we're pretty much all the same.
我就是一个普通平凡的美国男性
I'm your basic, average red-blooded American male.
我有个儿子 布莱恩
I got a son, Brian.
他有个美满的家庭
He's got a nice family.
听话的女儿和漂亮的妻子
Great daughter. Pretty wife.
他们住在离这里
They got a big house
大概一小时车程的大房♥子里
about an hour or so from here.
他是在我刚入职国会大厦轴承时出生的
I had him around the time I started with Capitol Bearings.
我做系统性分♥析♥ 主要负责质量管控
I did systems analysis. Basically quality control.
如果这世上没有滚珠轴承
You have no idea how screwed up
你都不知道这世界会乱成什么样
the world would be if it weren't for ball bearings.
他们必须完美
And they have to be perfect,
严格意义上的完美 否则就完蛋了
and I mean perfect, or else, boom!
大约六年前 我拿到了遣散费
About six years ago, I took the severance.
那是一笔 相当不错的钱数
It was a... pretty decent deal.
我不是那种爱抱怨的人
I'm not the type to complain.
依我看 反正我已经迈入60岁的门槛
The way I see it, I'm on the wrong side of 60 anyway,
不会再年轻了 但我
I'm not getting any younger, but I'm...
我话太多了 你呢 你有孩子吗
I'm talking too much. How about you? You have kids?
我女儿死了
Um... my daughter died.
她曾是我的一切
She was my world.
但是 这太不公平了
But... It wasn't fair.
但你也知道 生活就是这个德性
But you know what they say about life.
是啊
Yeah.
我挺喜欢缝纫的 我
I like to sew, though. Um, I, uh...
我有一些喜欢做的事情
I got some stuff I like to do.
这
Oh, that's...
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
是啊 这
Yeah. It was...
她很特别
She was special.
她就快13岁了
She was going to be 13.
她怎么去世的
How'd she die?
是
Well...
是一种非常罕见的疾病
It was a really rare disease.
多内肿症
Mens.
男人[谐音man]
"Men"?
是多发性内分泌肿瘤综合症的缩写
M-E-N-S. It's Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Syndrome.
我读了很多相关书籍
I read so much.
医生说他们也无能为力
The doctors said, nothing they could do.
但是我不知道 我
But I don't know, I...
-你丈夫呢 -他也死了
- Your husband? - He died, too.
但不是什么罕见的疾病 只是癌症
But not from a rare disease. Just cancer.
除了告诉他不要吸烟 我还能做什么
I told him not to smoke, but what can you do?
我们都无能为力
What can any of us do?
之前你说
You know what you said before about
关于过了60岁这件事
being on the wrong side of 60?
我并不觉得60岁有什么不好
To me, I don't think there's a wrong side of 60.
你知道 我不介意告诉你
You know, I don't mind telling you...
你觉得你对于这个世界有着敏锐的知觉
I think you got a real nose for this game.
世人看待事物的方式 全在他们的眼神里
The way people look at things. It's all in the eyes.
你喜欢哪种金枪鱼 一般来说
What kind of tuna do you prefer? Generally speaking.
我觉得查里牌很好
Oh... I guess Charlie.
斯塔基 我也是 纸制品呢
StarKist. Me too. Paper products?
你知道 厕纸很重要
Yeah, you know, toilet paper. It's important.
我没太想过这个问题
Oh. Well, I don't really think about it.
我只是买♥♥的时候捏捏
I just squeeze 'em.
很正确
Right.
没有必要把本来简单的东西复杂化
It's all about not making things harder than they have to be.
-电池呢 -这个我知道 买♥♥铜头的
- Batteries? - I know this one. Coppertop.
据我所知那是无商标产品
Generic on that one as far as I'm concerned,
只要是碱性的就行 那才是关键
as long as it's alkaline. That's key.
你好像懂得很多
You seem to know a lot about stuff.
的确 因为我在乎
Well, I do. Because I care.
能看出来
I can see that.
这老家伙 只能听听新闻和天气
Oh, that old thing, it's only good for news and weather.
我认为只有一件事是值得听的
That's the only thing worth listening to as far as I'm concerned.
其他所有的事情就
Everything else is just...
人们总是想方设法地让你买♥♥不需要的东西
...people trying to get you to buy something you don't need.
♪ 黄昏到小镇上来是明智的选择 ♪
♪ Doin' the town And doin' it right In the evenin' ♪
♪ 非常愉快 ♪
♪ It's pretty pleasin' ♪
♪ 麝鼠苏怡 麝鼠山姆 ♪
♪ Muskrat Suzie, Muskrat Sam ♪
♪ 在麝鼠之地跳吉特巴舞 ♪
♪ Do the jitterbug At a Muskrat Land ♪
♪ 他们闪耀着 ♪
♪ And they shimmy ♪
♪ 山姆瘦的皮包骨 ♪
♪ Sam is so skinny... ♪
怎么了
What is it?
怎 怎么了
What... what's wrong?
埃德 发生什么了
Ed! What is it?
你不能这样
You can't do this!
我知道 我不是个好歌♥手
Well, I know. I'm not a great singer.
不 不 不是那样
No, no! That's not...
你不喜欢麝鼠的爱吗情
You don't like "Muskrat Love"?
我当然爱麝鼠的爱情
I love "Muskrat Love"!
对不起
Oh, I'm sorry.
不 不 不 不 不
No, no, no. No, no.
你别对不起 不是你的错
Don't say you're sorry. It's not you.
你
You're...
你太棒了
You're wonderful!
好吧 这算什么 埃德
Well, what is it? Ed!
埃德 埃德
Ed! Ed!
我喜欢你
I like you!
什么 我也喜欢你
What? I like you, too!
不 我是说我真的很喜欢你
No! I mean I really like you!
这让我感到害怕
And it scares the hell out of me.
今晚我过得很开心
I had a really great time.
-送给你 -真漂亮
- I got these for you. - They're beautiful.
嗯 晚安
Well, good night.
我们能去你家吗
Can we go to your place?
我能
Oh, can I...
当然
Oh. Yes.
把它们放到水里直到我走