you will lose your job!
你就要下岗了
Try and find a new job in this economy, Bob.
试试看怎么在萧条时期找个工作吧 鲍勃
As a former blind man, I can tell you it's not easy.
作为一个曾经失明的人 我告诉你这可不容易
"But he's never bought a lottery ticket."
"但他从没买♥♥过彩票"
Now, I look into this crowd, and I see different faces.
我看着你们 这么多张不同的脸
I see old men and women.
有老人
I see young couples.
年轻夫妇
Single mothers.
单亲母亲
I see young men. Whole families!
年轻男人 一个个家庭
But why are you all here?
为什么你们都到这里来
Why are you all here?
为什么你们都在这
It's because of your addiction.
因为你们的沉溺
Your addiction to debt.
沉溺于债务
To the economy of debt.
沉溺于债务经济
To never picking up when that unlisted number
从来不接那个陌生号♥码
flashes on your phone.
打来的电♥话♥
To waking up in the morning and dodging phone calls.
一睁开眼就躲避催债电♥话♥
And red letters.
和银行账单
I mean, we all have these problems, right?
我们都有这些问题
Then, why do we feel it right to live beyond our means?
那为何我们还理所当然地超前消费
Why should we live beyond our earnings?
为何要过入不敷出的生活
What sense does it make when we're stuck,
十五年来 我们被牢牢困住
15 years down the line,
债务缠身
shackled with debt?
这么做意义何在
Debt hanging down our throats.
债务压得我们喘不过气
Does the bank care about your hard life?
银行在乎你生活艰难吗
No.
不
Do... do they care about your low income?
在乎你收入低下吗
No. No.
不 不
They don't.
他们不在乎
Excuse me!
不好意思
Excuse me, sir.
不好意思 先生
How soon can I get the money, once I sell the house?
我卖♥♥掉房♥子的话 最快多久能拿到钱
Well, you'll get a check right away.
你会立刻收到一张支票
Cash?
现金呢
Well, you can cash that check. Yeah.
你可以把支票兑现
Maybe you should think about it, you know? It's a big decision.
也许你应该再考虑考虑 这是个重大决定
I... I realize that, I just...
嗯...我知道 我只是...
Is there, um, any way to move
有没有办法
to the front of the line with this?
能优先处理我这一单
Take my card, and, um...
这是我的名片
I want you to think about it... More.
我希望你再三思一下
You promise?
好吗
And if you're still sure, uh...
如果你决定好了
give me a call.
给我打电♥话♥
Thank you so much.
非常感谢你
How's mom?
妈妈最近怎么样
She's fine.
挺好的
She's... going crazy with the exercising.
疯狂运动
She's like a complete gym freak now.
现在是个健身狂魔
Yeah, she's always liked getting into new stuff.
是啊 她一直喜欢尝试新鲜事物
Hey, dad.
嘿 爸爸
I think it's good, 'cause...
我觉得这挺好的
Exercise creates endorphins.
因为锻炼能产生胺多酚
I think that's really good for her. Yeah.
我觉得对她有好处 是啊
She goes dancing, too.
她还会去跳舞
Oh yeah?
哦是吗
At the svi?
在SVI
Oh, who with?
哦 和谁
What's wrong?
怎么了
Oh, nothing.
没事
I'm losing my novelty?
我失去吸引力了吗
No.
不是
It's not that.
不是的
It's always that.
情况总是如此的
I think Jonah's got a girlfriend now.
我觉得乔纳交了女朋友
And he says he doesn't want to stay here.
他说他不想留在这了
It's gonna take time.
这需要点时间
I know.
我知道
My dad left when I was nine.
我九岁时 我爸爸就去世了
You get used to it.
慢慢就习惯了
I think my parents stayed together
我觉得我爸妈待在一起
just 'cause I was going blind.
只是因为我视力不断衰退
I used to hear my dad praying every night
那时我每晚都听到爸爸祷告
for my vision not to get any worse.
祈祷我的视力不要再变差
Is... is he still alive?
他还在世吗
No.
不在了
It was so important to him.
那对他来说非常重要
You know, I used to...
你知道吗 我还常常...
lie about it.
说谎骗他
I used to tell him I could still see things when I couldn't.
我告诉他我还看得见 其实我已经看不见了
He took it way harder than I ever did.
他比我还难接受这件事
She never let me be who I wanted.
她从没让我做自己想成为的人
Nobody's judging you.
没有人在评判你
Maybe god is.
也许上帝会
Mmm. God has better things to do.
上帝没那么闲呢
You don't believe in god?
你不信上帝吗
Oh, when... things are bad.
在... 时运不济时
When I need to believe, I believe.
需要信仰时 我才信
That's not what belief is.
那就不是信仰
Well, then, I don't believe.
那么 我不信
What are you doing here?
你在这里干什么
Just gonna give you the check.
来给你送支票
You could've just mailed it.
寄过来就好了
You're running now?
你现在跑步了
Yeah. You look good.
对 你气色很好
Yeah. Gotta stay in shape
为了新认识的男士们
for all the handsome new men in my life.
得保持好身材嘛
Just came to see how you were doing.
我就是来看看你好不好
Thanks for coming by.
谢谢你的探望
You know, I'm a little worried about, uh...
我有点担心...
about Jonah.
乔纳
Why?
为什么
I don't know, he seems... he seems different.
我不知道 他好像... 好像不一样了
Any trouble?
有麻烦了吗
Troubles?
麻烦
It's called, you know, going through a skater phase.
这叫滑板期
It's a part of growing up.
是成长的一个阶段
The skater phase, I guess, I never...
滑板期 我可能一直...
never saw that.
一直没看出来
Yeah, that and the whole thing with his father moving out.
还有他爸爸搬走一事的影响
House looks nice.
房♥子看起来很好
I'm gonna... get showered up.
我得... 冲个淋浴
Head inside so...
先进去了...
Can I come in?
我能进去吗
No.
不行
Dad...
爸爸...
What's wrong?
怎么了
Hey, Jonah.
乔纳
What are you doing here?
你在这里干嘛
I never noticed how this house glows at night.
我从没注意到这房♥子在夜里会发光
You can see it from down the street.
从街那头都看得到
I... I have to get back inside.
我... 我得回去了
Mom's at the dance.
妈妈去跳舞了
that night. And I had to go the bathroom.
那天晚上 然后我要去厕所
Maybe later, though.
一会再说吧
Bob, Bob, James is here.
鲍勃 鲍詹姆斯来了
I'm not going to do it.
我不要
Just give us a minute, okay?
给我们一分钟 好吗
Oh, god. Tell me it's okay.
天啊 跟我说 没事的