People tell themselves,
人们都觉得
"I'd have to be an idiot to sell now."
"现在卖♥♥掉房♥子的话就太蠢了"
So, we establish a separate consulting entity.
所以 我们成立一个独♥立♥的顾问部门
We hold meetings in schools, community centers, churches.
在学校 社区中心 教堂举办活动
We help people manage debt.
帮助人们管理债务
And we offer our own solution.
提供我们的解决方案
People will show up just because it's church.
有了教堂的参与 人们就会参加活动
Evening classes in family finance.
还有关于家庭理财的夜校
They'll come in droves.
他们会蜂拥而来
What we offer, a comprehensive plan for solving debt,
我们将提供 解决债务问题的整体规划
consolidating, making a family budget,
整合收入 做家庭预算
paying off small debts first.
先偿还小额债务
One of the solutions we'll be selling.
作为我们推销的解决方案之一
What do you think?
你觉得呢
I think he's got a point.
我觉得他挺有道理
So close to one today.
今天差点就谈成一笔了
I don't know.
我不知道
You know, that split...
你知道吗 就那一瞬间
that split-second where they're not sure
他们就在签字前
if they're gonna sign on the dotted line or not.
那一瞬间犹豫了
I blew it.
功亏一篑啊
I don't know.
我都干了什么
I think my mind wandered a little bit.
我想我有点走神了
How do you close?
你怎么收尾的
How do you close? Yeah.
我怎么收尾的 对
You look the guy right in the eye.
就看着对方的眼睛
And you say, "Are you willing to do this?"
然后说 "你愿意这样做吗"
Hey, dad.
爸爸
What are you doin' up?
你怎么还没睡
Mom said you went to a party and didn't take her.
妈妈说你去派对了 没带她
Go to bed.
去睡吧
How was it?
派对怎么样
Fine.
还行
Have fun?
玩得开心吗
You told Jonah I didn't want you to come
你跟乔纳说我不让你去
but I...I did ask you.
但是我...我问过你了啊
Doesn't matter.
那不重要
Can I ask you something?
我能问你点事吗
That first time we met.
我们初次见面的时候
At the dance at the community center.
在社区中心的舞会
What about it?
怎么了
Why me? Why did you...?
为什么是我 你为什么...
Why did you choose me?
你为什么选了我
You looked unhappy.
你一脸怏怏不乐
I thought I could help.
我想着我能帮你
Well, usually, when you ask someone to dance,
通常 你邀请别人跳舞
it's because you're attracted to them.
是因为他们吸引了你
Well, you looked miserable out there.
当时你看上去惨兮兮的
We're the sorry-looking group of blind people...
我们就是惨兮兮的盲人...
in the sorry-looking community center.
坐在寒酸的社区中心里
You pitied me.
你同情我
No, I didn't.
不是的 我没有
You pitied me at the party for the blind.
在那个盲人派对上 你可怜我
You pitied me, and you took me on,
你同情我 然后你选了我
like one of those kids at your school.
就像对待你学校里的那些孩子
Project.
做帮扶项目
Stop it.
别说了
Pitiful sight.
同情的目光
I'll go dancing tomorrow because I promised.
明天我会去跳舞 因为我答应过你了
But I'm never going there again.
但以后我不会再去了
If you leave, you can't come back.
如果你选择离开 没有回头路可走
You know that, right?
你知道的 对吧
Where are you taking me?
你要带我去哪儿
Come on, I'll show you the water.
走 我带你去看看湖
So...
所以...
Yeah, of course, this is where you live.
这就是你住的地方
I used to smell your perfume in the elevator.
以前我在电梯里闻着你的香水味
Do you know that?
你知道吗
Every morning.
每天早上都能闻到
People are looking for someone to tell them
人们希望有人能告诉他们
how to get out of debt.
如何摆脱债务
They're starving for this stuff.
这是他们急需的
Yeah, but why here?
对 但为什么选这里
Where else do people go in hard times?
人在困难时期还会去哪儿呢
We...we really just want to help.
我们...我们就是想提供帮助
Bob will be leading these meetings.
鲍勃会主持这些活动
Now, primarily we want you
现在 我们主要希望你们能
to see us as a source of information.
把我们当做信息来源
And we want you to ask us any question at all.
你们可以向我们咨♥询♥任何问题
Nothing is off bounds.
没有任何禁区
Absolutely nothing.
绝对没有
Um, we also want you to know that we can refer you to...
我们也希望你们了解 我们可以为你们
Uh, financial services.
提供金融服务
Just purely as a last resort,
当作万不得已时的选择
in case you want to have, uh, your house reevaluated.
以防你们想重新为房♥产估值
I think that...
我觉得...
I'm pretty sure there's a number on this pamphlet.
这个小册子上就有具体的金额
Now, I'd like to introduce a dear friend and partner
现在 我想向大家介绍我在旭日联众中的
in New Day Alliance,
一位密友和搭档
James Harvey.
詹姆斯·哈维
Good job, Bob.
干得漂亮 鲍勃
You want to step here.
台阶在这
You good?
自己可以吗
Thank you, Bob!
谢谢鲍勃
And thank you all for being here.
也谢谢大家今天的捧场
A man...
有一个人...
prays to god...
向上帝祈祷了
for 50 years.
五十年
The same prayer, every night.
每晚重复同样的祷告
God...
上帝啊...
please let me win the lottery.
让我中一次彩票吧
Every night, year after year, after year, after year.
每天晚上 年复一年 祈祷不停
"Please...god...
"求你了 上帝
Let me win the lottery."
让我中一次大奖吧"
And finally an angel goes to god.
终于有一个天使问上帝
And he says, "God...
他说 "上帝
This man has been praying so long.
这个人祈祷了这么久
Why don't you let him win? "
您为什么不让他中一次呢"
And you know what god says?
你们猜上帝怎么说
God says, "I'd love to help him out.
上帝说 "我也想让他中啊
Love to help him out.
乐意之至
But he's never bought a lottery ticket!"
但他从没买♥♥过彩票啊"
Now, I look into this crowd, and I see different faces.
现在 我看着你们 看到了不同的面孔
I see old men and women.
有老人
I see young couples.
也有年轻夫妻
Single mothers.
还有单身妈妈
Young men.
年轻小伙子
Whole families.
还有一家人
Why are you all here? Why are you all here?
你们为什么都来到了这里 为什么
It's because of your addiction.
因为你们的沉溺
Your addiction to debt.
你们沉溺于债务
To the economy of debt.
沉溺于债务经济
To never picking up when that unlisted number
从来不接那个陌生号♥码
flashes on your phone.
打来的电♥话♥
To waking up in the morning and dodging phone calls.
每天一睁眼就躲避催债电♥话♥
And red letters.
和银行账单
And finally,
最终
to sitting at home in the dark so you can't get served.
在家里不开灯 就不会有人来催债
So we go, and we pray.
然后开始祈祷
And we cry.
哭泣