给琴弦一点张力
More tension in the strings.
让音乐在你的身体里流淌 夏洛特
Feel it happening inside of you, Charlotte.
对
Yes.
很好
Good.
我拉错了
I made a mistake.
嗯 你拉错了
Yes, you did.
对不起
I'm sorry.
都这么长时间了
And after all this time.
-原谅我 -训练了这么久
- Forgive me. - After all this training.
原谅我吧 安东
Forgive me, Anton.
你对卡内基音乐厅宣过誓的
After a promise for Carnegie Hall.
不许哭 把眼泪憋回去
Stop. Stop the crying.
别再他妈的哭啦
Stop the fucking crying!
我不会再拉错了
It won't happen again.
在这个房♥间 你最好不要
In this room, it had better not.
在这个房♥间里再也不会错了
Never in this room.
你知道拉错会怎样吧
Because you know what happens next.
-我知道 -你确定
- Yes, I do. - Do you?
是的
Yes.
我们不会在这里犯错
We don't make mistakes here.
我们代表学院的时候不会犯错
Not when we represent the Academy.
大门上是谁的名字
Whose name is on that gate?
-你的名字 -没错
- Yours. - Yes.
我的 我父亲的 我祖父的
Mine, my father's, grandfather's.
这所学校是我的心血
This school is my blood.
是我们历史的见证
It's my history.
我教你的方法和他们教我的
I teach you the way they taught me,
还有教泰斯和杰佛瑞的以及其他
the way they taught Theis and Geoffrey,
所有在这学习的幸运儿都是一样的
and anyone who's fortunate enough to earn their place here.
但是师♥傅♥领进门 修行在个人
But I can only take you so far.
我会更努力的
I will work harder.
你会更努力的
Oh, you will work harder.
我们为什么要这么努力 夏洛特
Why do we work so hard, Charlotte?
为了成为最好的
To be the best.
为什么要成为最好的 夏洛特
And why is that, Charlotte?
因为那是我们的使命
Because it's what's expected of us.
你有那个纹身是因为
You got that tattoo because
你已经有资格在这里演奏
you were ready to play in this Chapel.
你有那个纹身
You got that tattoo...
是因为你是最优秀的
because you were the very best.
我知道
Yes, I know.
但如果你变得不优秀
And If you're not the very best,
如果你不断的犯错
if you insult me...
来羞辱我 泰斯和杰佛瑞
and Theis and Geoffrey with your mistakes?
我给学院抹黑了
I discredit the Academy.
为什么
Why?
因为我的演奏本该是完美的 我却失败了
Because I was prepared for The Perfection and failed.
用汗水 热情 荣誉作为养料
Prepared by our sweat, passion, and reputation.
用汗水 热情 荣誉作为养料
Prepared by our sweat and passion and reputation.
日复一日 年复一年
Month after month, year after year.
日复一日 年复一年
Month after month, year after year.
直到你准备好了
Until you were ready.
直到我准备好了
Until I was ready.
你失败了
You failed.
这意味着什么呢
So what does that mean?
你失败了意味着什么呢 夏洛特
What does that mean, Charlotte?
我们教你完美演奏 你却失败了
When you fail at the things that we teach you?
我不能亲近上帝了
I cannot get close to God.
对 你不能了
No, you cannot.
而且你的天赋也被浪费了
And your talent will lay in waste.
就因为你缺少抱负
Squandered by your lack of ambition.
现在会发生什么呢
So what happens now?
-现在 -对 现在会发生什么
- Now? - Yes, what happens now?
我会怎样 泰斯和杰佛瑞又会怎样
What happened to me, what happened to Theis and Geoffrey?
那些没有被选中的人又会怎样
And every one of the chosen who failed?
我们要付出代价
We pay the price.
你要付出代价
You pay the price.
今晚 夏洛特 这么多年后
Tonight, Charlotte, after so many years,
你要再度为我们演奏了
you shall play for us again.
我不能
I can't.
-我还没准备好 -大提琴独奏
- I'm not ready. - Sonata for solo cello.
我没准备好在这里演奏 安东
I'm not ready to play here, Anton.
拜托
Please.
你之前总在这拉琴的 今天非拉不可了
Well, here is where you must play. Where you've always played.
泰斯 杰佛瑞
Theis, Geoffrey.
不要
No.
当然还有 帕洛玛
And, of course, Paloma.
拜托
Please.
帕洛玛 你能阻止他
Paloma, you can stop this.
求你
Please.
有些事情我们不得不做 夏洛特
We do what we need to do, Charlotte.
这是我们的使命
It's what's expected of us.
帕洛玛总是很享受听你的完美演奏
Paloma's always adored when you played perfectly. Well..
我们都很享受
we all did.
这是我们的长久目标
That was always the goal.
对吧 夏洛特
Right, Charlotte?
完美演奏
The Perfection.
事情不该是这样的 安东
This doesn't have to be like this, Anton.
你真的很讨厌我 对吗
You really hate me, don't you?
你
You...
你恨我 而我却一心相信你
you hate me, when all I ever did was believe in you.
你自己心里清楚你对我做了什么
You know what you did to me.
你自己也清楚这帮助你成为了
And you know it helped you become
一个罕见的天才
the rare talent that you were.
我当时还只是个孩子
I was a child.
丽兹也只是个孩子 我们都是孩子
Lizzie was a child. We were children.
你们是有着伟大成就的学生
You were students who achieved greatness.
正如我祖父想象的那样
Just as my grandfather envisioned.
就像我父亲教我的
Just like my father taught me.
每个人都应该觉得很幸运
Everybody should be so lucky.
丽兹
Lizzie.
你被虐待过吗
Were you abused?
你认为我们为你做的 是虐待你吗
Is that what you would call it, what we did for you?
演奏那首曲子
To play that music,
达到那份完美
to achieve The Perfection...
那是一份礼物
it was a gift.
你看 夏洛特
You see, Charlotte?
你白白砍掉了她的手
You cut off her hand for nothing.
丽兹 如果你愿意的话
Lizzie, if you would.
你肯定记得我们的
Well, you must remember our...
小仪式 酒水 礼节
little rituals. The drinks, the formality.
还有后果
Consequences.
但那时你还只是个孩子
Oh, but you were just a child then.
大多数事情并没有改变
Most things really have not changed.
事实上
Well, actually...
有一件事改变了
there is one thing that has changed.
如果你达到完美
If you achieve The Perfection,
达到了我今晚对你的期望 那么
which is what's expected of you this evening, then...
你就可以离开了
you can go.
我是很严厉 没错 但是
I'm a taskmaster, yes, but...
我不是个怪物
I'm not a monster.
但如果你犯了错
But if you should make a mistake,
哪怕你错了任何一个小音节
if you miss one minor note...
付出代价的不会是你
well, it won't be you who pays the price.
帕洛玛 麻烦你
Paloma, if you would.
我们准备好了 甜心 来吧
We're ready for you, sweetheart. Come.
张丽 你是个很幸运的女孩
Zhang Li, you are a very lucky girl.
来 来 来 坐下
Come, come, come. Sit.
能亲眼见证这场私人音乐会
To be able to witness this private concert,
你真是太幸运了
you are so, so lucky.