De rien.
不客气。
I got given a medal today.
我今天获得了一枚奖章。
The first African-American combat soldier to set foot on Omaha.
第一个踏上奥马哈滩头的非裔美国士兵。
They even installed a balloon over Omaha Beach in my honour.
他们甚至在奥马哈海滩上,升起了一个气球,来纪念我。
Wasn't that nice?
那不是很好吗?
I met this SS veteran today.
我今天遇到了这个党卫军老兵。
You're kidding me.
你在和我开玩笑。
But the thing is...
但是,事情是这样的...
he wasn't a bad sort.None of them are,
-他不是个坏人。 -他们都不是,
not after getting their asses whipped?
他们被打得屁滚尿流之后,就不是了吗?
First and last today, Grandpa. OK?
这杯酒是今天的第一杯,也是最后一杯,爷爷。行吗?
The first time we ever tried to take Cambes Wood,we got a hammering, we did.
我们第一次试图占领康布斯森林时,遭到了打击,我们挺了过来。
Charlie and me.
查理和我。
We were sheltering in a ditch with this English fella.
我们和一个英国战友,躲在排水沟里。
He was a lot older than us. Big Goliath of a fella.
他个头比我们大很多。真是个巨人。
I was terrified.
我当时吓坏了。
The shelling and the mortaring and all of it.
各种炮弹,迫击炮弹,一股脑地扑了过来。
So, this English boy, he puts his arms around me,you know, to comfort me.
所以,这个英国男孩,他搂着我,你懂的,他安慰我。
And you know what?
你知道吗?
I could feel him trembling.
我感觉到,他也在颤抖。
Really trembling.
真的在颤抖。
And that frightened me more than all the shelling did.
这比所有的炮击,更让我害怕。
You know, scared me.
你懂的,吓坏我了。
Knowing that he was frightened too.
他自己知道,他也很害怕。
Aye.
没错。
A child can't take comfort in a frightened adult.
一个孩子在恐惧的大人面前,是没法获得安慰的。
And we were all just children then.
那时,我们都还只是孩子。
Just... wee boys.
我们...只是小男生。
We were all scared to death.
我们都吓死了。
Anyone tell you otherwise is just a damned liar.
谁要是不这么说,谁是该死的骗子。
That's the truth.
这话没错。
I'm afraid it's time to go,Grandpa. The bus is leaving soon.
恐怕该走了,爷爷。大巴车马上就要开了。
I told you I was the first African-American on Omaha that day.
我告诉过你,那天我是登上奥马哈海滩的第一个非裔美国人。
I was the second.
我是第二个。
My little brother went before me.
我弟弟冲在我前面。
First down the ramp.
第一个倒在了坡道上。
First into the water.
第一个掉进水里。
First to get his head blown off.
第一个被爆头的人。
And they gave ME the medal.
可他们却给我颁发了勋章。
That's the thing about folks like us, Artie.
这就是我们这些人的共性,阿蒂。
We're all living with ghosts.
我们都和鬼魂生活在一起。
Artie Crawford? Aye.
-阿蒂·克劳福德吗? -是我。
Tony McCann, Irish Journal.
托尼·麦肯,爱尔兰日报。
I've been looking everywhere for you. Mind if I join you?
我一直在到处找你。介意我和你一起吗?
Artie, you've caused quite the stir.
阿迪,你引起了不小的轰动。
I didn't think you'd make it, to be honest.
说实话,我没想到你能来。
What are you talking about? I'm doing a story on D-Day,
-你要谈些什么? -我在做D日纪念活动的报道,
but it's really about you - your crazy journey to get here,gallivanting around Europe.
但其实是关于你的...你来到这里的疯狂旅程,在欧洲漫游。
You're a celebrity,all over the news.
你现在是个名人,上了新闻。
"The Last Rifleman."
“最后的步♥枪♥兵。”
The Last Rifleman?
最后的步♥枪♥兵?
That's gonna be my headline.
这将是我的头条标题。
Kind of like The Last Of The Mohicans, you know.
有点像《最后的莫希干人》,你知道的。
What do you mean - the last?
你是说...最后的?
They say you're the last of your regiment.
他们说,你是你们团里,最后一个人了。
You mean, the 2nd Battalion?
你是说,第二营吗?
No, I mean ALL of the battalions.
不,我是说,所有的营。
No, no, no, you're mistaken.
不,不,不,你错了。
I thought you knew.
我以为,你知道。
Well, the others will be here.
那么,其他人会来的。
Artie... There will be others here.
-阿蒂... -这里还会陆续有人来的。
- They always are. - Artie... You're wrong. You're wrong.
-他们总会来的... -阿蒂... -你错了。你在犯错。
Artie. What?
-阿蒂。 -什么?
There are no others.
没有别人了。
You're the last of them.
你是他们中,最后一人。
The last of the Royal Ulster Rifles.
最后一名皇家阿尔斯特步♥枪♥手。
- No. - Artie.
-不。 -阿蒂。
Jesus Christ!
上帝!
Free fire!
自行射击!
Artie, come on!
阿蒂,快来!
Artie, come on!
阿蒂,快来!
You are quite the soldier,Monsieur Crawford.
你真是个好士兵,克劳福德先生。
Without your medication, it is a miracle that you made it this far.
没有吃药,你能活到现在,已经是个奇迹了。
We contacted your nursing home.
我们联♥系♥了你的养老院。
There is already someone on -their way here to take you back.
已经有人要来,接你回去了。
I am afraid, for you, the celebrations are over.
恐怕,对你来说,庆祝已经结束了。
No more running around the country, Monsieur.
别再到处乱跑了,老先生。
And no more whisky.
不要再喝威士忌了。
This fell out of your jacket in the ambulance.
这是你在救护车里,从你的外套里,掉出来的。
This Charlie...
这个查理...
you need us to contact him for you?
你需要我们帮你,联♥系♥他吗?
No.
不用。
It's too late now.
现在,已经太迟了。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
Jesus, Artie, I've never seen someone faint before.
天啊,阿蒂,我从没见过有人晕倒。
Scared the crap out of me.
把我吓死了。
What do you want?
你想要什么?
I am just following the hero's story.
我只是在跟踪关于英雄的报道。
Don't shoot the messenger.
别枪杀信使。
There ain't no hero.
这里没有英雄。
I killed my best friend.
我杀死了我最好的朋友。
Aye.
是的。
Yeah, I thought that would grab you.
是的,我觉得这一定会吸引你。
Back in the war,
回到战争时期,
just a few miles from here.
离这里只有几英里。
Aye, we were getting hit from all sides.
是啊,我们受到了四面八方的攻击。
I was terrified.
我很害怕。
But Charlie...
但是查理...
he wouldn't go on without me.
没有我,他是不会走的。
He was like a brother.
他就像我的兄长。
If he'd kept on going,if he'd only just kept on going, he would have been fine.
如果他继续往前走,如果他只是继续往前走,他会没事的。
But he turned back.
但他转过身来。
He just got blown to pieces right before my eyes.
他就在我眼前,被炸成碎片了。
And all because...
这一切都是因为...
because of me.
因为我。
Well, how's that your fault?
那怎么是你的错?
You don't understand.
你不懂。
There was a war.
那毕竟是一场战争。
Shit happens.Loads of people die.
倒楣的事情发生了。很多人死了。
I was scared, alright?
我害怕了,你明白吗?
How does that fit into your big hero story?
这和你的英雄故事,有什么关系?
You tell me?
你告诉我?
Go away. Go away.
走开。走开。
Artie.
阿蒂。
What are you doing lying here?
为什么你要躺在这里?
Bonjour. Bonjour.
-你好。 -你好。
皇家阿尔斯特步♥枪♥兵之路
坎贝斯和平原
战争公墓
1939-1945
Go on. Finish what you came for.
继续。完成你来这里的使命。
What?
什么?
So you can finish YOUR story?
这样,你就能完成你的报道了?
Well, every man's got to earn a living.
因为每个人,都要为自己谋生。
Aye.
是的。
查尔斯.列侬
皇家阿尔斯特步兵团
死于1944年六月8日,享年18岁
My God,
我的上帝,
so many young lads.
这么多小伙子。
Local fellas from back home.
都是从老家来的当地小伙儿们。
I had no idea.
我真想不到。
Aye, we all wrote letters, so we did...
是的,我们每人都写了信,在来法国之前...
before heading to France,
电影精选列表