by better qualified, more deserving cases?
我提议让象人...
I move that this Elephant Man...
马上搬出医院的房♥子
be removed from the premises immediately.
我们有责任治病救人...
We have a sacred duty to cure the sick...
而不是照看怪物
not care for circus animals.
这是我对此事的态度,
That is my last word on the subject.
主席先生,我们要投票吗?
Mr. Chairman, shall we vote?
布罗德奈克先生,我清楚你的立场
I take it, Mr. Broadneck, your mind is quite unshakable in this matter?
主席先生,你没听见吗?
Mr. Chairman, do you not have ears?
我坚决反对!
I am unalterably opposed!
我决心已定!
My mind is made up on this!
没人能动摇我
You shall not sway me.
也许最终我们要举手表决,主席先生?
May we now vote, Mr. Chairman, at long last?
是的,布罗德奈克
Yes, Broadneck.
我认为现在是时候了
I think the time has come.
先生们,欢迎威尔士公主...
Gentlemen, Her Royal Highness...
亚历山德拉殿下
Alexandra, Princess of Wales.
早上好,先生们,但愿我没打搅你们
Good morning, gentlemen. I hope I am not disturbing you.
正相反,夫人,你的到来...
On the contrary, ma'am. Your presence here...
让我们不胜荣幸
is always greatly appreciated.
我们正准备就梅里克先生一事进行表决
We were just taking a vote on Mr. Merrick.
公主殿下对梅里克的命运深表关切
Her Royal Highness has shown the greatest interest in his fate.
女王也注意到此事
Indeed I have, sir, as has the queen.
现在我来宣读一下...
I have a brief communication from Her Majesty...
女王陛下的口谕
which she has requested that I read to you.
"致伦敦医院董事会
"To the Governing Committee, London Hospital.
我很愿意就你们对约翰.梅里克先生象人一事
I would very much like to commend you for the charitable face...
所做的慈善之举,作出如下训示
you have shown Mr. John Merrick, the Elephant Man.
你们为约翰.梅里克先生...
It is laudable that you have provided...
英国最不幸的子民...
one of England's most unfortunate sons...
提供了一个安全,宁静的栖身之所
with a safe and tranquil harbor, a home.
这是值得称赞的...
For this immeasurable kindness...
对于你们为这个不幸的人...
as well as the many other acts of mercy...
所提供的帮助和照顾...
on behalf of the poor...
这些事情,卡尔.戈姆先生一直让我得知
of which Mr. Carr Gomm has kept me informed...
我对你们表示感谢
I gratefully thank you.
维多利亚"
Signed, Victoria."
我相信先生们会作出善举
I'm sure I can count on you gentlemen to do the Christian thing.
谢谢你,我们会的
Thank you very much, ma'am. I'm sure we shall all try.
先生们,我提议,对于约翰.梅里克先生
Gentlemen, I wish to move that Mr. John Merrick...
在医院收到...
be admitted to this hospital on a permanent basis...
一张病床一年费用后...
provided the hospital receives a yearly sum...
准许他永远住在医院
equal to the cost of the occupation of one bed.
赞成的请举手
All those in favor?
谢谢,先生们,决议已通过
Thank you, gentlemen. The motion is carried.
请进
Yes. Come in!
下午好
Good afternoon.
卡尔.戈姆先生有事要告诉你
Mr. Carr Gomm has something he wants to say to you.
梅里克先生,我很高兴...
Mr. Merrick, I have very great pleasure...
正式欢迎你...
in being able to welcome you officially...
入住伦敦医院
to the London Hospital.
今天医院董事会全票通过决定
This morning, the governing committee unanimously voted...
你可以永远使用这个房♥间
that you should be provided with these rooms on a permanent basis.
这就是你的家
This is your home now.
我为你非常 非常地高兴
I'm so very, very glad for you.
欢迎回家,小伙子
Welcome home, lad.
这是…
This is...
我的家?
my home?
对
Yes.
请代我谢谢董事会
Please, will you thank the governing committee for me?
我将尽力...
I will do my utmost...
不辜负你们的好意
to merit their kindness.
这是...
This...
我的家?
is my home?
是的,这也是给你的
Yes. This as well.
你的化妆盒
Your dressing case.
噢,谢谢
Oh, thank you.
谢谢所有朋友
Thanks, all my friends.
谢谢
Thank you.
你喜欢吗? -哦,我的朋友们
You like it? -Oh, my friends.
哦,我的朋友们
Oh, my friends.
噢,谢谢
Oh, thank you.
谁还去? -我
Who's next? -I say.
什么,你又去? -是啊,但...
What, you again? -Yeah, but...
但这两年轻个女士从没见过
But these young ladies have never seen it.
可以了,朋友
You're on, mate.
去看看表演
Okay, that's it for this performance.
吉姆,我可以去吗? -一边坐着,查利
Jim, can I go tonight? -Sit down, Charlie.
明天还有,别担心
There's always tomorrow. Don't worry.
还可以去吗?
Room for one more?
只要价钱合适
At the right price.
来吧!
There's room.
好了,好了,肃静!
All right, all right! Keep the noise down!
我们不想吓坏他
We don't want to frighten him, do we?
你好,我是....
Hello. My name...
约翰.梅里克...
is John Merrick...
很,很高兴...
and I'm very, very pleased...
见到你
to meet you.
我认为你...
I think you are...
很美...
very beautiful...
好戏上演!
Curtain time!
你看上去很帅,我不会有丝毫改变
You look beautiful, darling. I wouldn't change a thing.
你像讨厌的威尔士王子
You look like the bleedin' Prince of Wales.
朋友们,来看...
Here, my friends...
象人!
is the Elephant Man!
我告诉过你们,他很丑
I told you he was horrible.
只是丑
Just horrible.
或许女士们想走近看?
Perhaps the ladies would like a closer look?
对,对 -不,杰克!
Yeah, yeah. -No, Jack!
那里
There.
他还很受女士欢迎,是吗?
He's quite a ladies' man, isn't he?
去吧,去亲他一下,嗯?
Come on. Give the ladies' man a little kiss, eh?
去,亲他一下
Come on. Give him a kiss.
杰克,放手
这真够浪漫
Here, here, here! That's enough romance.
现在上♥床♥去
Time for beddy-byes.
好了,好了,别吵了
All right, all right. Keep the noise down.
安静,安静!嗨!
Now, keep it quiet. Quiet! Hey!
安静,现在,看一下这个
Keep it quiet. Now, watch this.
好了,够了!够了!
Okay, that's enough! That's enough!
演出结束了,出去
That's it. The show's over.
回皮科克后再见
I'll see you back at the Peacock.
出去!
Get out of here.
起来!
Come on.
这样舒服了?
There you are. That's better, isn't it?
今晚收入不错
I've done well tonight.
给你,买♥♥糖吃
Here. Buy yourself a sweet.
我的财富
My treasure.
约翰?
约翰!
特里夫斯先生
Mr. Treves
我知道昨晚的事 -什么?
I know what happened last night. -What?
上帝啊
Dear God.
男孩!
Boy!
他在哪里?梅里克先生在哪里?
Where is he? Where's Mr. Merrick?
他在哪里?梅里克先生在哪里?
Where is he? Where's Mr. Merrick?
我不知道你在说什么,先生
I don't know what you mean, sir.
别对我说谎!
Don't lie to me!
我知道怎么回事,有人看到了
I know all about it. You were seen.
你和拜斯一起干的,对吗?
You're involved with Bytes, aren't you?
你们带走了他,他在哪里?
You've taken him. Where is he?
等等,我没有带他走
Now, wait a minute. I haven't taken him anywhere.