你是怎么搞的?
What the bleedin' hell happened to ya?
哑了,嗯?
Dumb, eh?
我喜欢安静的人
I like people that can keep quiet.
来,喝一杯
Here, have a drink.
来呀!不要?
Go on! No?
你要更热情点,朋友
You should be more sociable, mate.
不要让人生厌
You'll get yourself disliked.
我们做好朋友...
You and I are gonna be good friends...
我的朋友一定想见你
and I've got a lot of friends who'd like to meet you.
他们会的,朋友
And they will, mate.
相信我,他们会的
Believe me, they will.
我给你带早餐来了,你在那干什么?
I've brought your breakfast. What are you doing down there?
来,到床上来
Come on, up on the bed.
他只懂得咂嘴
All he understands is a good smack.
他咂嘴是要吃,这就是他到床下来的原因
He's had his share of smacks. That's what drives him under the bed.
耐心点,善待他
You have to treat him with kindness and patience.
也许你才有时间治这种人,特里夫斯先生
Perhaps you've got time for that sort of treatment, Mr. Treves.
我可不行,我得在医院里干活
But I haven't. I've got a hospital to run.
别为他浪费时间了,先生
Now, don't you waste your time with him, sir.
他就像个哑巴
It's like talking to a brick wall.
我不是有意粗鲁,但是...
Now, I don't mean to be harsh but...
他不该在这里
he doesn't belong here.
老实说,先生,你能为他做什么?
Honestly, sir, honestly, what can you do for him?
哦,还有,卡尔.戈姆先生说...
Oh, and by the way, Mr. Carr Gomm said...
如果你有空,他要见你
he would like to see you when you can spare a moment.
知道了 -好吧
Yes. -Right.
如果你不帮我,我也帮不了你
I can't help you unless you help me.
我相信你想对我说些什么
You see, I believe there's something that you want to say to me.
一些你的事
Something back there.
你不帮我,我也帮不了你,你知道的!
I can't help you unless you help me, you know!
我相信你想说些什么,对不对?
I believe you want to say something to me, don't you?
我要知道你在想什么,感觉到什么
I've got to understand what you're feeling, what you're thinking.
你明白我吗?
Do you understand me?
你能理解我就点一下头
All right, just nod your head if you can... Can you understand me?
你能理解我就点一下头
Just nod your head if you understand me.
好吧
All right.
你听得懂
You do understand.
我想听...我想听你说话
I want to hear... I want to hear you talk.
你不是堵墙,明白吗?
We're gonna show them that you're not a wall. Understand?
我要你同我说话
I want you to talk to me.
现在,我想听你说话
All right, now, I want to hear you say it.
我想听你怎么说话
I've got to hear how you say things.
我不会伤害你,我要听,要知道你怎么说话
I won't hurt you. I've got to hear and understand how you say things.
慢慢地,说"是"
Very slowly, I want you to say, "Yes."
说"是"
Say, "Yes."
是
Yes.
是!
Yes!
不错
Good.
好,再来一次"是"
All right, now, just once more say it again. "Yes."
太好了,我能听懂
Yes, I can understand that.
很好
That's good.
很不错
That's very good. All right now.
现在跟我重复一些词语
I'm going to say some words to you, and I want you to repeat them.
明白吗?
Do you understand?
说"你好
Say, "Hello.
我叫…"
My name is..."
你好
Hello.
我叫…
My name is...
"约翰.梅里克"
"John Merrick."
不对,约翰...不错
No. John... That's very good.
说"约翰.梅里克"
Say, "John Merrick."
"你好,我叫约翰.梅里克"
"Hello. My name is John Merrick."
你好
Hello.
我叫…
My name is...
约翰.梅里克
John Merrick.
你能说话
You can speak.
你怎么上来的?
How did you get up here?
我要我的人回去
I want my man back.
等一下,你怎么上来的?
Just a moment. How did you get up?
请别介意,我要我的人
Never mind that. I want my man.
他还很虚弱
He's still very sick.
我们下楼去谈
Please, come downstairs with me, and I'll explain the situation.
不!
Don't!
不要
Don't.
你有很多时间...
You've had plenty of time to...
治好他
cure him.
但现在他要跟我走
And now he's leaving with me.
你明白吗?是现在,特里夫斯先生
Do you understand me now, Mr. Treves?
我们说好的
We made a deal.
你误会了
You misunderstood.
他伤得很厉害,你理解我的意思
This man has suffered a severe fall, if you take my meaning.
现在他是我的病人
He's my patient now.
去找别人吧
Pull the other one, why don't you?
拜斯先生,很抱歉
Mr. Bytes, I'm sorry.
你的所作所为,不过是从别人的不幸中牟利
But all you do is profit from another man's misery.
你认为你比我好吗?
Do you think you're better than me?
不
No, I never said that.
你要这个畸型...
You wanted the freak...
在你那些医生好友中展示这个畸型,
to show to those doctor chums of yours,
以使自己出名
to make a name for yourself.
你,我所谓的朋友
You, my friend.
出于信任,我把他交给你...
I gave you the freak on trust...
以什么科学的名义...
in the name of science...
现在我要回他!
and now I want him back!
他不是你的财产!放手吧!
You do not own this man! Now stop it!
我要他回来!
I want him back!
这样,你就能打他?这样,你就能饿他?
So you can beat him? So you can starve him?
街上一条狗也比跟着你吃得好!
A dog in the streets would fare better with you!
我要去告官
I shall go to the authorities.
去吧!有种就去
Go to the authorities then! Go to them by all means.
他们肯定会对这事有兴趣
They'll be very interested to hear your story as well as ours.
现在...
Now...
我认为,我们真的是相互了解
I think we really do understand one another.
好吧
All right.
一个非常令人讨厌的家伙
Singularly unattractive character, I must say.
特里夫斯,看来我也要见一下你的病人
Well, Treves, it seems to me I might as well meet this patient of yours.
非常感谢,谢谢
Thank you very much. Thank you.
过几天可以吗?
Shall we say in a few days then?
明天下午2点,怎么样?
Shall we say 2:00 tomorrow afternoon?
好,这最合适不过,先生
Yes. Well, whatever's most convenient for you, sir.
就定在明天下午2点
2:00 then, tomorrow.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
2点!
2:00!
早上好,特里夫斯先生,又这么早
Morning, Mr. Treves. Early again, I see.
是的
Yes.
你习惯早起,可以做一个合格的送奶工
With these early habits of yours, you'd have made a good milkman.
我会记住这个,查尔斯
I'll keep that in mind, Charles.
好的,先生.早上好
Okay, sir. Good morning.
他使我的灵魂痊愈
He restoreth my soul.
他引导我走向…以他的名义
He leadeth me into paths of... for His name's sake.
正义的,正义的
Righteousness. Righteousness.
他引导我走向正义的...
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness...
正义之途
for His name's sake.
很好,非常好
Good. That's very good. Good.
今天有人来看你,我要你对他说这些
When your visitor comes today, say it exactly the way you've said it.
当我介绍他给你时,你就说刚学的话
So when I introduce him to you, say the words that you've learned.
如果你有困难,我将帮你,没什么可担心
If you have trouble with any words, I'll help you, so don't worry.
我把你介绍给他,我会说...
I will introduce him to you and say...
"这位是卡尔.戈姆先生"
"Please meet Mr. Carr Gomm."
你怎样说?
And you will say?