请随意
Make yourself comfortable.
来见一下我们的客人
Come along, meet our guest.
梅里克先生,这是我太太,安妮
Mr. Merrick, I'd like you to meet my wife, Anne.
安妮,这位是约翰.梅里克
Anne, this is John Merrick.
很高兴见到你,梅里克先生
I'm very pleased to meet you, Mr. Merrick.
我...
I'm...
我很高兴...
I'm very pleased...
怎么了?有什么事吗?
What is it? What's the matter?
我只是...
It's just that l...
不习惯...
I'm not used to being...
被人这样以礼相待...
treated so well by...
特别是这样美的女人
a beautiful woman.
要喝茶吗,梅里克先生?
Would you like a cup of tea, Mr. Merrick?
好主意
That's a good idea.
我带你看一下房♥子
Would you like to come and see the rest of the house? I'll show you.
茶怎么样?
How's your tea?
很好!
It's very good!
我在这很愉快
I'm enjoying my visit here very much.
你们邀请我作客,你们真好
It's so kind of you to invite me into your own home.
我抱歉...
I'm sorry that I...
我出丑了
made a spectacle of myself.
不,没有
No, not at all.
我喜欢...
I like the way...
你摆置画的方式
you arranged your pictures on the mantelpiece.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
一般画都是这样摆放的吗?
Is that the way they do it in most houses?
我想是的
Yes, I'm sure they do, yes.
他们是谁?
Who are they of?
这是我们的亲戚,这是我们的孩子
These are relatives, and these are our children.
孩子?我可以看一下吗?
Children? Oh, may I see?
当然可以
Yes, of course.
孩子在哪里?
Where are the children?
嗯,嗯,现在,他们和朋友...
Well, um, well, they're out with friends...
出去了
at the moment.
朋友
Friends.
这是弗雷德里克的妈妈
And here is Frederick's mother.
哦,多美啊
Oh, how lovely.
这是我的父母
And these are my parents.
他们都有...
They have such...
高贵的脸
noble faces.
对,我也一直...一直这样认为
Yes, I've always... I've always thought so myself.
你愿意...
Would you...
你愿意看我妈妈的像吗?
Would you care to see my mother?
你母亲?
Your mother?
好的,请拿出来
Yes, please.
哦,她...
Oh, she's...
梅里克先生,她很美
Mr. Merrick, she's beautiful.
她有...
Oh, she had...
她有着天使般的脸
She had the face of an angel.
我一定...
I must've...
我一定让她很失望
been a great disappointment to her.
不,梅里克先生
No, Mr. Merrick.
像你这样可爱的儿子,她不会失望的
No son as loving as you could ever be a disappointment.
真想找到她...
If only I could find her...
如果她看到我...
so she could see me...
和这么可爱的朋友在一起
with such lovely friends here now.
可能她也会...
Perhaps she could...
像我爱她那样爱我
love me as I am.
我一直努力想做个好儿子
I've tried so hard to be good.
对不起
I'm so sorry.
别这样
Please.
对不起
I'm so sorry.
别这样
Please. Here.
你在做什么?
What's that you're doing?
这是什么?
What is it?
我明白了,圣.菲利普斯教堂
I see. It's St. Phillips.
做得不错
Why, that's very good.
我的意思是,窗和圆拱做得很像
I mean, you got the windows and arches just right.
我希望...
I wish...
我能睡觉...
I could sleep...
像正常人一样
like normal people.
特里夫斯先生? -什么事?
Mr. Treves? -Yes?
我有些事...
There's something that...
我有些事想问你...
I've been meaning to ask you...
已有一些时日了
for some time now.
什么事?
What's that?
你能治好我吗?
Can you cure me?
不能,我们可以照顾你...
No, we can care for you...
但不能治好你
but we can't cure you.
我也认为不能
I thought not.
请进
Come in.
早上好 -早上好
Good morning. -Good morning.
有人想见你
There's someone here who'd like to meet you, if that's all right.
我可以把一个舞台明星...
May I introduce you to one of the bright lights...
介绍给你吗,肯德尔夫人?
of the English stage, Mrs. Kendal.
肯德尔夫人,这是约翰.梅里克先生
Mrs. Kendal, Mr. John Merrick.
日安,梅里克先生
Good day, Mr. Merrick.
日安
Good day.
我给你带来点东西,希望你喜欢
I've brought you some things. I hope you like them.
希望你不会认为它太新潮
I hope you don't think it too forward.
我知道你会明白
I knew you'd understand.
我先走了
I'll leave you together.
给你
Here.
我想告诉你,我不轻易把自己的相片送给别人
I want you to know, I don't go about giving my picture to just anyone.
不会,我不会那样想
Oh, no. I wouldn't think of it.
你很美
It's beautiful.
你是那么...
You're so...
我...嗯,我...
I'll... Well, I'll...
我将把它放在一个...一个荣耀的地方
I shall put it in a... in a place of honor.
这儿,靠近我的母亲
Here, next to my mother.
你妈妈,很美丽
She's very pretty, your mother.
哦,是的
Oh, yes.
你在做一个...
I see you're constructing a...
礼拜堂吗?
church?
哦,不,是大教堂
Oh, no. It's a cathedral.
你看
You see?
只是有些东西...
Only, I have to rely...
我实在看不到...
on my imagination...
我必须依靠自己的想象
for what I can't actually see.
特里夫斯先生说你是演员
Mr. Treves tells me that you're in the theater.
你住在戏院吗?
Do you live there?
不,梅里克先生,我只是在那工作
Oh, no, Mr. Merrick. I just work there.
在那工作...
Well, it must be...
一定很不错
wonderful just to work there.
那很美吗? -你从没去过?
Is it beautiful? -You've never been?
没有
I'm afraid not.
哦,梅里克先生,你一定要去一下
Oh, Mr. Merrick. You must go.
戏院是世上最美的地方
The theater's the most beautiful place on earth.
当然,我这样说有点偏心
Of course, I am a bit partial.
戏院是浪漫所在
The theater is romance.
浪漫
Romance.
对了,我还给你带来了这个
Which reminds me, I've brought you something else.
谢谢 -你看过吗?
Thank you. -Have you read it?
没有,但我肯定会看
No, but I certainly shall.
罗密欧与朱丽叶
Romeo and Juliet.
我听说过
Yes, I've heard of this.
"要是我这俗手上的尘垢...
"If I profane with my unworthiest hand...
亵渎了你神圣的庙宇...
this holy shrine...
最轻的惩罚是...
the gentle fine is this...
用我的唇...
My lips...