下午好
Good afternoon.
托马斯先生,罗杰斯先生
Mr. Thomas, Mr. Rogers.
拉开帘子
Pull the curtains aside.
他是英国人...
He is English...
21岁...
he is 21 years of age...
他叫约翰.梅里克
and his name is John Merrick.
先生们,在我的职业生涯中...
Gentlemen, in the course of my profession I have come upon...
我见过许多事故,疾病,造成了脸都有畸型
many lamentable deformities of the face due to injury or disease...
和由其他原因引起的...
as well as mutilations...
肢体残缺和扭曲
and contortions of the body depending upon like causes.
但我从没见过...
But at no time have I met with such...
这样的人体
a perverted or degraded version of a human being as this man.
我希望各位注意一下他的身体状况
I draw your attention to the insidious conditions affecting him.
你在那边看得到吗? -能看到
Can you see over there? -Yes.
请注意一下他巨大的头骨...
Note, if you will, the extreme enlargement of the skull...
和残废的右肢...
right upper limb, which is totally useless...
还有极度弯曲的脊柱
the alarming curvature of the spine.
请转一下身 -请转身
Would you turn around, please? -Turn around, please.
他皮肤松驰...
The looseness of the skin...
纤维赘瘤布满身体的90%
and the varying fibrous tumors that cover 90% of the body.
而且迹象表明,这样的症状...
And there is every indication that these afflictions have been...
一直在迅速恶化
in existence and have progressed rapidly since birth.
他还患有慢性支气管炎
The patient also suffers from chronic bronchitis.
有趣的是...
As an interesting side note...
尽管他是个畸型...
in spite of the aforementioned anomalies...
但他的生殖系统没受到影响
the patient's genitals remain entirely intact and unaffected.
谢谢你
Thank you.
他的左臂很正常
And his left arm is perfectly normal, as you see.
那么,先生们,因为他异常畸型的头部...
So then, gentlemen, owing to this series of conditions...
遍布全身的瘤状物...
the congenital skull exostosis, extensive papillomatous growth...
松驰的皮肤...
large pendulous masses in connection with the skin...
他巨大的右肢...
the great enlargement of the right upper limb...
他扭曲怪异的头部...
involving all the bones, the massive distortion of the head...
长满全身的赘瘤...
and the extensive area covered by papillomatous growth...
病人被称为"象人"
the patient has been called the Elephant Man.
谢谢你们
Thank you.
你没有提他的精神智力
You never mentioned his mental state.
他是个低能儿,可能生来如此
Oh, he's an imbecile, probably from birth.
这人绝对是个白♥痴♥
The man's a complete idiot.
最好他是的
I pray to God he's an idiot.
你去哪里了?
Where have you been?
出来
Out.
你这么吵,我怎么吃得下东西
How can I eat with a noise like that?
拜斯,不要!
Bytes, don't!
你去哪里了?你干什么了?
Where have you been? What did you do?
他病了,快跟我来 -怎么了?
Our man is sick. Come right away. -What is it?
像这样
Like this.
你对他干了什么? -他整晚都是这样
What did you do with him? -He's been like this all night.
他离开这里时还好好的,现在瞧瞧
He was fine when he left here. Now look at him.
是的,我正想看看
Yes, I intend to.
发生了什么? -他被打倒了!
What happened? -He fell!
他摔了一跤
He falls.
看来他摔得不轻
Looks like he's had a very severe fall.
他…笨手笨脚
He's a clumsy soul.
从来不小心
Never looks where he's going.
但他会没事的,有我照看着他
But that's all right. He has me to take care of him.
他为什么坐着?他需要休息
Why is he sitting up like this? He needs rest.
他是这样睡觉的
Well, that's how he sleeps.
要是他躺下,他就起不来了
If he lies down, he'll kill himself.
他的头太大了
His head's too big.
应该让他去医院
All right. This man belongs in a hospital.
你不能在这治疗?
Can't you treat him here?
听着,他可是我的饭碗
Listen, he's my livelihood.
我和他是生意上的搭档
We're business partners, he and I.
他是世界上最伟大的畸型
He's the greatest freak in the world.
是的,你听着,要是他死了,你也就没饭碗了
Yes, now you listen. You won't have much of a livelihood if he dies.
别浪费我的时间了,去叫一辆车
Now, stop wasting my time. I'm going to fetch a cab.
我很...很感激你,朋友
I truly, truly appreciate this, my friend.
我可以为你做很多
Listen. There are a lot of things I could do for you.
我将加入一个合法的马戏团
You see, I move in the proper circles for this type of thing.
其实,什么都可以...
In fact, anything at all...
你明白我的意思
if you take my meaning.
一切问题都可解决
Everything will be taken care of.
很高兴同你交易
It's good to do business with you.
这里走
Here we go.
好了
All right.
来碗燕麦粥
Can I have a bowl of oatmeal, please?
是,先生
Yes, sir.
和病人共进早餐,特里夫斯先生?
Breakfasting with the patients this morning, Mr. Treves?
不,这是给病人的
Yes. No, it's for a patient.
给您,先生
There you are, sir.
谢谢你,早上好
Thank you. Morning.
早上好
Morning.
哦,特里夫斯!请过来一下好吗?
Oh, Treves! Just come here for a moment, will you?
你拿这个干什么?
What's that?
我的天!你好像不喜欢这个
Good heavens! You haven't acquired a sudden taste for this, have you?
不,先生,它营养丰富 -可能
Yes, sir. It's quite nutritious. -Possibly.
这个好像不适合成年人
Not quite the diet for a grown man.
护士
Nurse!
你有空时...
When you have a moment...
把这个带给隔离病房♥的病人
take this up to the patient in the isolation ward, will you?
好的,先生
Yes, sir.
别怕,他不会伤害你
Don't be frightened. He won't hurt you.
他不会吗?等一下,特里夫斯
Won't he indeed! Just a minute, Treves.
我有事要同你谈一下,进来
Something I want to say to you. Come in.
医院不是个隐密的地方,特里夫斯先生
A hospital's no place for secrecy, you know, Mr. Treves.
医生拐走蒙面病人,这会引发事端
Doctors spiriting hooded figures about is apt to cause comment.
为什么不直说?
Why wasn't this patient properly admitted?
为什么要在隔离病房♥?他没有传染病吧?
Why is he in the isolation ward? He's not contagious, is he?
没有,先生,他得了支气管炎,
No, sir. He's got chronic bronchitis
并且他被人打伤了
and he's been badly beaten.
为什么不让他住普通病房♥?
Why isn't he in the general ward then?
嗯,先生,他有严重的畸型...
Well, sir, he's quite seriously deformed...
我担心他吓着其他病人
and I fear the other patients would find him rather shocking.
畸型,是吗?
Deformed? Is that it?
他的病有救吗?
Am I to assume then that he is ultimately incurable?
没有,先生
Yes, sir.
但你必须明白,这间医院不收治绝症病人
But you must be aware that this hospital doesn't accept incurables.
这些规定是十分清楚的
The rules are perfectly clear.
是的,先生,我知道...
Yes, sir, I'm well aware of that...
但他是个特殊病例
but this case is quite exceptional.
我理解你,特里夫斯先生
I quite appreciate your problem, Mr. Treves.
为什么不和收治绝症病人的皇家医院联♥系♥一下
Why not contact the British Home or the Royal Hospital for Incurables?
或许那里可以接纳他
They might find a place for him.
是的,我在考虑,你想不想见他?
I'll look into it. Would you like to meet him?
对不起
Excuse me.
象人
The Elephant Man.
对不起
Sorry.
我应该事先提醒你
I should have warned you.
请原谅我
Please forgive me.
你好些了吗? -是的,先生
You all right? -Yes, sir.
让马舍德夫人上来一下
Please ask Mrs. Mothershead to come up here.
叫她先敲门等我
Tell her to knock on the door and wait for me.
我很抱歉...
I'm sorry about that. L...
我会让人再送早餐来,你一定很饿了
We'll bring you another breakfast. You must be very hungry.
你在这会舒服的
And I think you'll be quite comfortable here for a while.
我会让人照顾你
I'll see to it that you have everything you need.
啊呀!
Cor blimey!
你就是那个象人
So, this is the Elephant Man.
我从没见过像你这样的家伙
I ain't seen nothing like you before.