had been clipped to say, "Many thanks, Yanks."
(《星条旗报》,同盟国宣布战争结束)
欧洲战争结束了
The war in Europe was over.
第100轰炸机大队的队员们打包行囊
The crews of the 100th packed up their duffels,
索普阿伯茨周遭村庄的当地人
and the local folk from the villages around Thorpe Abbotts,
穿着最正式的周日服装
dressed in their Sunday finest,
聚在一起,送他们踏上漫长的回家旅途
gathered to see them off for their long journey home.
(欢迎回家)
我抵达亚特兰大时,我用公用电♥话♥
When I got to Atlanta, I went to the public telephone
打电♥话♥给我妈妈,跟他们说我回家了
and called my mother and told 'em I was home.
她当然马上痛哭流涕
Course, she immediately broke down,
他们马上出门
and they came out--
他们开车去麦克弗森堡接我 然后我就回家了
They drove out to Fort McPherson, and they picked me up and I got home.
我们回到加州
We got back to California.
我爸妈在那里
My dad and mother were there.
当然,我们兴高采烈地团聚了 我开心到要飞上天了
There was a big reunion, of course, and I was halfway to the moon.
然后我看到我的未婚妻芭芭拉
And then I saw my wife-to-be, Barbara.
三周后,我们结婚了
And three weeks later, we were married.
浴血之师的弟兄们终于回家
The men of the Bloody Hundredth were finally home,
再次见到家人
reunited with their families
还有妻子
and their wives
以及恋人
and their sweethearts.
有些人自从远赴战场后就没见过面
Some for the first time since leaving for war.
我离开军队时,已经筋疲力尽
When I left the service, I was exhausted.
我经历过太多艰苦的经历
I'd been through these trying experiences,
我想把那些抛在脑后,恢复平民的生活
and I wanted to put that behind me and I wanted to resume civilian life.
我回到原来的公♥司♥工作
I went back to work at the same firm that I had been with,
但其实我还没准备好重回职场
and I was not ready, really, to go back to work.
后来,待了六个月后
And finally, after being there for six months,
(同盟国指控希♥特♥勒♥政♥权♥谋杀)
我听说有个机会,能去纽伦堡担任起诉人
I heard about an opportunity to go to Nuremberg as a prosecutor.
(战争罪行委员会,罗伯罗森泰)
在前往那里的船上 我遇见一位美丽的女士
On the ship over there, I met this beautiful woman
她也是律师,也要去当起诉人
who was also a lawyer and was going over as a prosecutor.
十天内,我们就订婚了
And within 10 days, we were engaged to marry,
并在纽伦堡结婚
and we were married over in Nuremberg.
我看到这些被告现在已经无能为力
I saw these defendants there who were powerless now,
卑微地坐在那里接受审判和定罪
sitting abjectly and being tried and being convicted.
看到那景象时,我心中的战争才结束
And when I saw that, that, in fact, ended the war for me.
第二次世界大战是人类历史上 最具破坏性的事件
World War II was the most devastating event in human history.
付出的生命比以往任何一场战争都要多
More costly in lives than any war ever fought.
其中,第八航♥空♥队的伤亡率
In it, the Eighth Air Force suffered the highest casualty rate
是美国武装部队中最高的
of any of the American Armed Forces.
现在我熬过来了
Now that I've survived it
可以回顾这些年来的经历
and can look back on it for all these intervening years,
那改变了我的人生
it was a life changer for me.
如果说,在这个时候
If, in this time,
有一种兴奋、浪漫和神话的感觉 那是真的
there's a feeling of excitement and romance and mythology, it's there.
我当时认识的朋友多次救了我的命
My friends that I made then saved my life any number of times.
他们是最重要的朋友
They were the friends of all friends.
跟我们一起服役的弟兄们,他们全心投入
The people we served with, they were dedicated,
他们牺牲自我,他们有巨大的勇气
they sacrificed, they had great courage.
我们共享了心碎和欢笑
We shared heartbreak and hilarity.
我们看到我们的战友倒下、死去
We saw our comrades go down and being killed,
受伤、成为战俘
being wounded, become prisoners of war.
我们对彼此非常尊重,并共享胜利
And we developed a tremendous respect for each other and we shared a victory.
(第351中队 第100轰炸机大队一周年纪念)
我觉得这是我们大家共同的感受
And I think this was the experience of all of our people.
大家奇迹般地聚集在一起
Miraculously, people came together.
必须把所有的功劳都归给那些牺牲生命
You have to give all the credit to the men and the women
将世界从法♥西♥斯♥主义手中 拯救出来的男男女♥女♥
that sacrificed their lives and basically saved the world from fascism.
我们所享有的自♥由♥并非出于偶然
The freedoms that we enjoy did not come about by accident.
这些自♥由♥是我们这一代人
They were bought and paid for by my generation
和前几代人的付出所换来的
and the generations that preceded us.
因此
And for that reason,
我认为二战世代值得被人记住
I think the World War II generation deserves to be remembered.
(旁白,汤姆汉克斯)
(特别感谢美国国防部)
(和美国空军历史研究局)
(该局位于麦司威尔空军基地)
电影精选列表