他说:“杰佛瑞,我需要一位大队指挥官
He said, "Jeffrey, I need a group commander
带领第95轰炸机大队和第100轰炸机大队
at the 95th Bomb Group and the 100th Bomb Group.
你可以选择”
You can take your choice."
(第95轰炸机大队H总部)
第95轰炸机大队基本上不会出错
The 95th could essentially do no wrong.
他们失去的飞机很少
They lost the minimum number of airplanes.
他们的轰炸纪录很好,我觉得我能为...
Their bombing record was good, and I figured that I could do more
第100轰炸机大队做的比第95大队多
for the 100th than I could for the 95th.
于是我回电给他,跟他说,如果他同意
So, I called him back and I told him with his permission,
我会担任第100轰炸机大队的指挥官
I would accept the 100th Bomb Group.
我问他:“你要我什么时候报到?”
And I asked him, "When do you want me to report?"
他说:“今天下午”
And he said, "This afternoon."
我的第一个行动是问李梅将军 是否愿意让第100轰炸机大队
My first action was to ask General LeMay if he would take the 100th
暂停执行任务两天,他答应了
off of operations for two days and he granted that.
因此,在接下来的两天里
And so, over the next two days,
早上四个小时,下午四个小时
four hours in the morning and four hours in the afternoon,
我们让第100轰炸机大队的 所有飞机编队飞行
we flew every airplane in the 100th Bomb Group in formation.
汤姆杰佛瑞精力充沛 充满魅力、博学多闻
Tom Jeffrey, he was dynamic, charismatic and knowledgeable,
不只是对于飞机,对于作战飞行也是
not only about the aircraft, but about combat flying.
我叫人在领头机
I had people in the lead airplane
拍摄编队的照片
photographing the formation
这样我们就能看出谁飞得好,谁飞得不好
so that we could identify who was flying good and who wasn't.
接着我搭上一架旧飞机,绕着编队飞
And then I took an old airplane and circled around the formation,
前后飞行,试着把它们赶回位置上
back and forth, and tried to herd 'em into position.
指挥官们都恼怒地
The commanding officers were just blue in the face
要我们保持紧密的编队
about us keeping our formations tight.
你觉得自己很紧密了,但他们说要更紧密
You think you're tight and they say tighten 'em up more.
两天结束后
At the end of two days,
第100轰炸机大队飞出了 我见过最棒的队形
the 100th was flying the best formation that I have ever seen.
直到杰佛瑞来了 我们才成为一支杰出的大队
It was not until Jeffrey came did we become a superb group.
我觉得是空军中最棒的大队
I think the best group in the air force.
第八航♥空♥队的轰炸机组员 服役期是25次任务
An Eighth Air Force bomber crew had a tour of duty of 25 missions.
你完成25次任务后
Once you completed your 25 missions,
就能轮调回美国
you were rotated back home to the United States.
完成后,他们跟我说,我可以选择留下来
Upon completion, I was told that I could either remain
接受中队指挥官的职位,或轮调回美国
and accept command of a squadron or rotate back to the States.
我决定,我非常地幸运
I concluded that I had been extremely fortunate
也很侥幸地能活下来,我不该再继续冒险
and lucky to have survived and that I shouldn't push it any further.
所以,我选择回国
So, I elected to return.
罗伯罗森泰在1944年3月8日
Rosie Rosenthal completes his 25 missions
空袭柏林的行动后,完成了25次任务
on March 8th, 1944, on a raid over Berlin.
机组人员叫我回基地时在机场低空飞行
The crew urged me to buzz the field when we returned.
我是很保守的飞行员,我说:“不好吧”
I was a very conservative pilot and I said, "I don't think so."
但在回去的途中,我说:“管他的”
But on the way back, I said, "What the heck."
于是我直直飞向塔台,大家都伏低身子
And headed right for the tower and everybody hit the deck there
我在机场低空飞行了三、四次才进场
and I buzzed the field three or four times and then came in.
有人向我走来,并说
And then somebody approached me and said,
“罗森,你知道赫格林将军也在塔上吗?
"Rosie, did you know that General Huglin was there?
他趴下去,衣服都乱糟糟的”
And he hit the deck and he-- his clothes are all messed up."
接着,赫格林将军来到检讨室
And there coming into the debriefing room was General Huglin.
他过来抓住我的手
He came over and grabbed my hand
然后说:“罗森,那招低空飞行真厉害”
and he said, "One hell of a buzz job, Rosie."
大家都知道作战日很快会到来
Everyone knew that D-Day was on the horizon
消灭第三帝国是罗森的一大目标
and finishing off the Reich was a big objective for Rosie.
离开这里就如同离开宇宙的中心
To leave here is to leave the center of the universe.
于是,我决定要继续飞行
And that's when I decided to continue flying,
后来,我被指派为中队指挥官
and ultimately, I was assigned to be a squadron commander.
在今天,650架美国轰炸机
On this day, 650 American flying fortresses
痛击了德国沿岸防线
inflicted severe damage on German defenses along the coast.
我曾飞去法国对某个目标投弹
I had flown over to France to drop some bombs on some target.
我回来时,有人来飞机上找我
And when I returned, I was met at the airplane
叫我当晚要去李梅将军的总部报到
and told that I was to report to General LeMay's headquarters that evening.
李梅将军进来,向我们宣布同盟军
General LeMay marched in and announced to us that the Allied Forces
将在隔天早上登陆诺曼底海滩
would land on the beaches of Normandy the next morning.
但他说,为了让你们清楚了解
But he said in order for you to thoroughly understand
这次任务的重要性
the importance of this occasion,
第八航♥空♥队将派出旗下所有的飞机
that the Eighth Air Force will expend every airplane that it has
确保那些弟兄们能顺利登陆
in its inventory to be sure that these people got ashore.
我记得参加简报
I remember coming to the briefing
他们拉开地图上的布幕时,大家开始欢呼
and when they moved the curtain from the map and there were cheers.
我从未听过机组人员如此兴奋
I had never heard this kind of thing from the crews.
作战日终于到来了
Finally, D-Day had arrived.
(1944年6月6日)
(作战日)
盟军远征军的...
Soldiers, sailors and airmen
陆海空士兵们
of the Allied Expeditionary Force,
你们即将展开大远征
you are about to embark upon the Great Crusade
(声源:盟军远征军最高总司令 德怀特D.艾森豪威尔将军)
朝向我们这几个月来一直在努力的目标
toward which we have striven these many months.
全世界都关注着你们
The eyes of the world are upon you.
你们的任务并非易事
Your task will not be an easy one.
你们的敌人训练有素 设备精良,而且四处征战
Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened.
对手将凶残地对抗
He will fight savagely.
我对你们的勇气、忠诚 和战斗技巧充满信心
I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle.
我们只接受完全胜利的结果
We will accept nothing less than full victory.
我们飞越海峡时
As we flew over the channel,
我们往下看,看到下方有数千艘船 组成了一支舰队
we looked down and saw thousands of ships in an armada down there.
那景象非常震撼 一位机组人员开始祈祷,我们也加入了
It was so thrilling one of the crew started to pray, and we all joined in.
我是罗伯圣约翰,位于纽约NBC的直播间
This is Robert St. John in the NBC newsroom in New York.
这是世界历史上极为重要的一小时
This is a momentous hour in world history.
德怀特艾森豪威尔将军的士兵们正离开登陆艇
The men of General Dwight Eisenhower are leaving their landing barges,
在海滩上奋勇前进,进入纳粹欧洲的堡垒
fighting their way up the beaches into the fortress of Nazi Europe.
他们从海上前进
They are moving in from the sea
在庞大的战斗机云之下攻击敌人
to attack the enemy under a mammoth cloud of fighter planes.
来自空中的怒火不断落下
The fury from the air went on and on.
那天,我们为地面部队 提供战术支援的飞行员毫无歇息
Our airmen in tactical support of the ground forces took no rest that day.
执行战斗任务归来后 他们又加满油,装上炸♥弹♥和弹链
Back from one sortie, they gassed up, loaded their bombs and ammunition belts
一次又一次坚定地出发
and grimly went out again and again.
我们登陆诺曼底时
There was hardly any air intervention by the Luftwaffe
德国空军几乎没有干预
when we invaded Normandy.
空军确实为...
The Air Force really paved the way
跨越英吉利海峡的进攻铺了路
for the invasion across the English Channel.
德国现在得面临两个战场
Germany now had to fight on two fronts,
西边是英美同盟,东边是苏联
against the Anglo-American allies in the west and the Russians in the east.
(英国,法国,德国,苏联战线)
1944年8月,红军在波兰卢布林附近
In August 1944, the Red Army discovered Majdanek,
发现了马伊达内克 这是一个废弃的纳粹集中营和灭绝营
an abandoned Nazi concentration and extermination camp near Lublin, Poland,
也无可争议地证明了 希♥特♥勒♥灭绝欧洲犹太人的计划
indisputable evidence of Hitler's program to exterminate the Jews of Europe.
(纳粹大屠♥杀♥在集中营暴露无遗)
我们的入侵部队
Our invasion forces are on the offensive
正在对那些被下令宁死不撤的 纳粹军队发动攻击
against Nazi troops who have been ordered to die rather than retreat.
(德国,萨根,第三战俘营)
然而,他们不撤退就只能受死 因为为了这次攻势
However, die or retreat they must, for this attack is being made
同盟军指挥部投入了所有可战斗的力量
with all the strength the Allied Command can throw into battle.
我们的战俘营有几台祕密收音机
The army camp had these clandestine radios
(第100轰炸机大队轰炸员 “比尔”威廉考区)
我们几乎知道BBC的所有消息
and we knew just about everything the BBC knew.
当1944年6月,入侵欧洲行动开始时
When the invasion started in June of '44,
我们就知道我们不会在那里待太久
we knew that we weren't gonna be there forever.
遭击落的飞行员仍持续涌进第三战俘营
Downed airmen were still streaming into Stalag Luft III.
其中有一些非裔飞行员
Among them, a number of Black pilots
包括两位少尉 亚历山大杰佛逊和理查梅肯
including Second Lieutenants, Alexander Jefferson and Richard Macon,
他们来自名声卓越的 第332战斗机大队,也就是红尾天使
who were with the renowned 332nd fighter group, the Red Tails.
塔斯克基飞行员 会将他们的机尾涂成深红色
The Tuskegee pilots painted a deep red on the tails of their planes.
即使不知道驾驶这些飞机的是非裔飞行员
Even when people didn't know that these were Black pilots flying the planes
(作家,马修F.戴尔蒙特博士)
大家也认得出来他们是红尾天使
they recognized that they were Red Tails.
我们完全不担心会遭遇敌人
We didn't have any concern about running into the enemy
因为我们知道我们是比他们厉害的飞行员
because we knew that we were better flyers than they were,
我会“预备、瞄准、射击”
and I would "Ready, aim, fire."
(第332战斗机大队飞行员,理查梅肯)
这些英勇的非裔飞行员一直在等着
These courageous Black flyers had been waiting
为战争贡献一己之力 他们的表现非常出色
to contribute to the war effort, and they distinguished themselves brilliantly.
在空军内部 尤其是进行长途危险飞行的...
Within the Air Force, and especially among the bomber crews
轰炸机机组人员 都表示他们对于红尾天使最为欣赏
that are making those long dangerous runs, say that they appreciated the Red Tails
电影精选列表