比任何男女曾到达的高度
than any man or any woman
都更高
has ever been.
谢谢你带我上你的热气球 格雷舍尔先生
Thank you for taking me up in your balloon, Mr. Glaisher.
谢谢你带我上你的热气球 雷恩小姐
Thank you for taking me up in your balloon, Miss Wren.
这感觉根本没什么不同 对吗
It doesn't feel different at all, does it?
我跟你相反
On the contrary.
这正是我一生都在等待的时刻
This is the moment that I've been waiting for my entire life.
我怀疑我也一直在等它
I rather suspect I've been waiting for it, too.
好了
Right. Now...
你还是认为我们可能回不去吗
You still think we might not make it back?
我只是给查尔斯·格林传个消息
I'm just sending a message to Charles Green.
7285米
23,900 feet.
我们现在上升得更快了
We're rising even more quickly now.
你能感觉出来吗
Did you know? Could you tell?
因为空气更稀薄了
It's because the air's thinner.
气球在膨胀
She's expanding.
我们该考虑放慢速度
We should think of slowing.
空气在协助我们上升
So, the air is aiding our ascent.
这太棒了吧
Isn't that outstanding?
的确 现在该穿上防水服了
Surely, now is the time to put your oilskins on.
我没有带防水服 太重了
Didn't bring any oilskins. They proved extremely heavy.
我跟你说过 你需要防水服
I told you that you needed oilskins.
设备是至关重要的
Well, the equipment was essential.
重量限制是至关重要的
The weight limit was essential.
如果我有点着凉...
If I'm to get a little sick returning...
有点着凉 你带了四个温度计
A little sick? You-you carry four thermometers,
还有这个奇怪的箱子
you carry this strange box,
但却不愿意为湿冷的空气
but you-you couldn't bring suitable clothing
-带上合适的衣服吗 -别停下 继续上升
- for the cold and the wet? - Keep moving. Don't stop.
只有向寒冷投降才会着凉
The cold will only catch you if you let it.
我们必须立刻下降
We need to go down now.
等等 不 我们不能下降 现在还不能
Wait. No, no, we're not descending. Not yet.
突破风暴最好的办法就是向上走
The best way to break a storm is to travel up.
这是你的原话 亲爱的女士
I quote you, dear lady.
也许避开寒冷最好的办法也是向上走
Well, maybe the best way to break a cold is also to travel up.
你这说法有何科学依据
And which science are you basing that upon?
科学迹象表明 每抵达一层不同的大气
The science that says, with every layer of air,
我们都在进入一个未知的领域
we are traveling into an unknown.
所以 每到一层新的大气
So, with every layer of air,
-我认为 -我们都越来越靠近太阳
- I believe - we are traveling closer to the sun.
我们已经达成了
we have already accomplished...
我还未观测到的这些现象
So these findings that I am still to discover,
-它们可能会是颠覆性的 -你已经冻僵了
- they could be overwhelming. - You are freezing.
拜托了 我们会有什么损失呢
Please. What have we to lose?
我们的生命
Our lives.
这可能比我们的生命更重要
This could be more important than our lives!
求你了 我知道你和我一样也想继续上升
Please. I know that you want this as much as I do.
我要下降了
I'm descending.
住手
Stop.
不行
No.
这个热气球已经抗住了
So, this balloon has defied
我们给它的每一项挑战
every single thing that we have thrown at it.
这与热气球无关
This is not about the balloon.
这与科学也无关
This is not about science.
这是你跟轻视你的权威之间的斗争
This is about your war with those who lord it over you.
我也和他们斗争过
And I have fought them, too.
-这 这不是 -我
- This is, this is not... - I...
这一切都是为了它
This is, this is about that.
看看那里
Look at it.
没有比天空中的星辰
There's nothing more beautiful,
更美丽更神秘的东西了
nor more mysterious, than the stars in the sky.
而我们
And look at us.
我们就在星空中舞蹈
We are dancing amongst them.
阿米莉亚 那是你要求写在气球上的
You wanted that writing on the balloon, Amelia.
天空如此开放
"Caelum certe...
-去那里吧 -去那里吧
- patet, ibimus illi." - "Patet, ibimus illi."
毫无疑问 天空为你敞开
"Surely, the sky lies open.
我们朝那里去吧
Let us go that way."
天空为我们敞开了
The sky is open.
毫无阻拦
It is open.
你明白我们
Now, you understand
最终要停止上升吧
there will come a time when we go no further?
我明白
Yes, I do.
你是否明白
Do you understand
什么时候停止只能由我决定
that decision will only be mine?
我明白
Yes, I do.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我们着陆后再告诉我 我是否值得你的感谢
Tell me when we land if I deserve your thanks.
你当然值得
You deserve my thanks.
雷恩小姐 晚上好
Good evening, Miss Wren.
我已经决定了 特鲁先生
I've made my decision, Mr. Trew.
我明白 我只是想将这本书送给你
And I understand that. I just wanted to gift you this book.
太美了
These are beautiful.
它们是雪花形态的图片
They're pictures of snowflake formations.
对于自然的数学可能性的研究
A study of the mathematical possibilities of nature,
这是詹姆斯的研究
a study undertaken by James...
詹姆斯·格雷舍尔
James Glaisher.
他认为天空能够被理解
He believes the sky can be understood.
这我已经知道了
Of this I am well aware.
很遗憾 他偶尔也会犯错
He is, sadly, occasionally wrong.
他预测今晚会下雪 你能相信吗
He predicted it would snow tonight, would you believe.
但通常 他都会有了不起的发现
But more often than not, he finds remarkable truths.
和他一起乘热气球飞行 你就会发现这一点
Travel with him, and you will discover this.
-我就是如此 -很抱歉
- I have. - I'm sorry.
我明确地拒绝他了
I... I-I clearly told him no.
他不应该再让你来说服我
He should not have sent you to convince me.
不是他让我来的
He didn't send me.
他认为我是个糟糕的说客
He'd consider me a poor persuader.
是我自己想来的
I'm here on my own account.
特鲁先生 你无法说服我改变想法
You will not dissuade me from my path, Mr. Trew.
詹姆斯相信天空中会有卓越的发现
James believes there's something extraordinary up there.
你是说我不该错过这个大好机遇
And so this is an opportunity I should not miss?
你误解我了
You misunderstand me.
这不是一个机遇 而是一份责任
It's not an opportunity but an obligation.
极少数人 在一生中被给予改变世界的机会
In this life, few are given the chance to change the world.
而你被赋予了这个使命 雷恩小姐
You've been assigned a responsibility, Miss Wren.
你必须完成你的使命
You have to meet it.
希望你喜欢这本书 女士
Enjoy the book, madam.
纪念亲爱的
皮埃尔·雷恩
纪念亲爱的
皮埃尔·雷恩
天空如此开放
-高度多少 -高度 高度
- Height? - Height, height.
8077米
26,500 feet.
80...温度呢
26... And temperature?
温度是
And temperature...
-零下十五摄氏度 -零下十五
- five degrees Fahrenheit. - Five.
太奇怪了
It's the strangest thing.
我们升得越来越高 湿度却越来越低
So, the higher that we fly, the lower the humidity.
这里几乎没有任何水蒸气了
There's barely any water vapor here at all.
但还有冰
There is still ice.
这样的低温 是空前的
These temperatures, they're unprecedented.
这是未曾有人预测过的寒冷温度范围
These are freezing ranges that no one would have predicted.
是的
Yeah.
温度是多少来着
And what was that temperature?
零下十五
Five degrees.
拜托
Oh, come on.
好了
Right.
出来吧
Out you come.
不必担心
No concern necessary.
我们还有一只
We have another.
这下没了