再次见到你很开心 查尔斯
Lovely to see you again, Charles.
时间 约翰尼
Time, Johnny?
17秒
17 seconds.
快 詹姆斯 想象你就要
Come on, James. Imagine you're hurtling
撞到地面了
towards the ground.
快点 兄弟 你的设备要被摧毁了
Hurry, man. Your equipment's gonna be destroyed.
好了
Yep.
26秒 很棒
26 seconds. Well done.
你说我不能做到30秒之内呢
And you said I couldn't break 30.
-我失去理智了 -雷恩小姐
- My senses deserted me. - Miss Wren.
-很荣幸 -我不想抛弃你
- This is an honor. - I do not wish to abandon you...
-要我带你参观一下吗 -但恐怕我得这么做了
- May I give you a tour? - ...but I'm afraid I must.
抛弃我
Abandon me?
已经开始制♥作♥了
The build is already under way.
订购了史上最大的热气球
The largest balloon ever on order.
我不想上热气球了 格雷舍尔先生
I don't want to climb inside the balloon, Mr. Glaisher.
我再也不想上热气球了
I don't want to climb into a balloon ever again.
不 不 不
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
不 不 不 我不能接受
No, no, no, that is not acceptable.
已经花费了大量的金钱
A vast amount of money has already been spent.
对不起 先生
I'm sorry, sir.
我已经决定了
I have made my decision.
晚上好 妈妈
Evening, Ma.
漫游者回来了
The wanderer returns.
-你上周就该回来了 -是的 我知道
- You were due last week. - Yes, I know I was.
抱歉 我 我有些事...
Sorry. I've been, uh... I've been having some...
是的 我们一直在报纸上看到你的消息
Yes, we've been reading all about you in the newspapers.
那么多人可选 詹姆斯
Of all the people, James.
女人不应该在热气球上作秀
Women don't belong in balloons, on show.
而她出尽洋相
And she makes such a show of herself.
你的声誉有被毁的风险
Your reputation risks ruin.
妈妈 你听到这个消息应该会很开心
Well, you'll be pleased to hear, Ma,
这次航行取消了
that the expedition's off.
是雷恩小姐不愿冒险和我一起飞行
It was Miss Wren who wouldn't risk flight with me.
他在楼上吗
Is he upstairs?
詹姆斯 他的脑子又糊涂了
James, his mind's been playing tricks on him again.
变严重了吗
It's got worse?
时好时坏
It comes and goes.
跟他说话要小心
Tread carefully with him.
这么勤奋吗
Hard at it?
埃塞尔 埃塞尔
Ethel! Ethel!
爸爸 爸爸 是我
Oh, Pa, Pa, it's me.
-是詹姆斯 -埃塞尔
- It's James. - Ethel!
妈妈知道我在这里 我是詹姆斯
Listen, Ma knows I'm here. It's James.
我是你儿子
I'm your son.
你是...我儿子才十岁
You're... M-My son's only ten years old.
我长大了
I got older.
你用这个看什么
Now, what have you been... what have you been looking at here?
你别碰它
Oh, get away from that.
智神星 你在看智神星吗
Pallas? You've been looking at Pallas?
我当然在看智神星
Course I'm looking at Pallas.
眼力不错
Good spotting.
-用这个 -别假装那个小望远镜能用
- Here. - Do not pretend that you can see anything through those.
我教你如何观星时用的就是这个望远镜
These are the glasses I taught you to stargaze through.
有些工作用它就够了
They're quite sufficient for some work.
你的旅行
Your trip.
你要去旅行
You're going on a trip.
乘热气球去旅行
In a balloon.
是的 我正在努力 爸爸
Yes, I'm trying to, Pa.
去看星星
To see the stars.
希望如此
I hope so.
我曾经梦想着带上我的床单
I used to dream of taking my bedsheet,
乘着清风升空
catching a gust of wind
用床单当降落伞在星空中翩翩起舞
and dancing in a parachute among the stars.
我知道 你跟我说过
I know you did. You told me.
没有什么
Nothing...
没有什么比天空中的星星
nothing m-more mysterious, nor more beautiful,
更神秘 更美丽
than the stars in the sky.
你在这里干什么
Wh-What are you doing in here?
你知道我的规矩
Y-You know the rules.
别来我的房♥间
Not in my room.
-我... -离望远镜远点
- I-I... - And keep away from that spyglass.
它很珍贵 詹姆斯
It's very valuable, James.
我知道 爸爸 这是我给你买♥♥的
I know it is, Pa. I bought it for you.
他累了
He's tired.
最好别聊太久
Probably best not to overdo it.
谢谢你 埃塞尔 带这家伙出去
Thank you, Ethel. Get this lad out of here.
好的 亲爱的
Yes, dear.
见好就收 赶紧走吧
Leave it while you're still on the up.
晚安 我...
Good night. I will, um...
我们下周再见
I'll see you next week.
詹姆斯
James.
带上它去旅行吧
For your trip.
谢谢
Thank you.
证明他们的愚昧吧 詹姆斯
Prove them wrong, James.
下周见
Next week.
格林先生
Mr. Green?
格林先生 先生 先生
Mr. Green, sir? Sir.
这不是天气侦查员格雷舍尔先生吗
If it isn't Mr. Glaisher, the weather sleuth.
我相信他更喜欢被称为气象学家 查尔斯
I believe he prefers to be described as a meteorologist, Charles.
当然了 祝你好运
Of course he does. Well, best of luck with it.
我相信你也知道 先生
As I'm sure you're aware, sir,
我没有筹到资金
I've not been able to attract the funds,
不管是从皇家学会还是别的地方都不行
either from the Royal Society or elsewhere,
而我需要飞行
that I need to fly.
这是个昂贵的志向
It is an expensive preoccupation.
我听说你打算再一次乘热气球升空
I've heard that you're looking to make another balloon ascent.
没错
I am.
我希望能担任你的副手
Well, I would like the opportunity to be your second.
我会积极配合的 先生
I will prove a willing accomplice, sir.
关于如何增加煤气中的氢含量
I have also strong ideas as to how to increase
我也有很棒的想法
the hydrogen levels in the coal gas
我相信这可能是你的突破点
that I believe might be your unlocking,
你可能终于能够打破高度记录了
and you might finally be able to break that height record.
你上过热气球吗
Have you even been in a balloon?
我广泛地研究过了
I've studied them extensively.
你经历过冻伤 低气压
Do you have any experience of frostbite, low air pressure,
以及大脑缺氧造成的致幻效应吗
the mind-altering effects of a lack of oxygen to the brain?
只有亲自参与才能学会这些
How else does one learn but by partaking?
这正是我需要的副手
Exactly what I need in a second:
一个对天空的真正危险一无所知的理论家
a theorist with no ideas about the true dangers of the air.
去找另一个疯子和你一起坐热气球吧
Find another madman to get in a balloon with.
也许可以找个法国人
Uh, perhaps the French.
或者不如去找那个女人
Or, better yet, that woman.
日安
Good day.
6767米
22,200.
你相信这些温度计吗
Do you have faith in these thermometers?
6828米
22,400.
如果相信 现在是零下六摄氏度 非常冷
If so, we're at 21 degrees, and that is cold.
6858米 你可以把气温记录下来
22,500. Well, you can note that temperature down.
你信任我来做记录
You trust me to write in your book?
我很荣幸
I am honored.
我们变慢了吗 还没到6888米吗
Have we slowed? Are we not at 22,600?
看来你很感兴趣
Oh, so you are interested.
现在我们超过6888米了
And now we've passed 22,600.
-你真讨厌 -你很激动
- You're insufferable. - You are excited.
6919米了
And that is 22,700.
-历史将被重写 -6980米
- History will be rewritten. - 22,900.
7010米
23,000.
我们现在
We are now higher