You're not that handsome.
这房♥间里的每个男人
Every man in this room is petrified
都怕被人看到和你说话 更别提和你跳舞了
to be seen talking to you, let alone dancing with you.
不 我猜你玩游戏的对象另有其人
No, I imagine your game is with another.
-你很聪明 -我是善于观察
- You're clever. - I'm observant.
或者说是自以为是
Or presumptuous.
如果可以的话 我有一些
And there are certain things, if I may,
很笃定的关于你的推断
that I feel safe in presuming about you.
或许你并没有收到
Perhaps that you don't have
今晚聚会的邀请
an invitation for tonight's events.
这个推断还算合理吧
Would that be a fair presumption?
你是根据什么得出结论的
On what basis do you make that assumption?
你的西装是两年前的款式了
Your suit is two years out of fashion,
你的鞋很难看
your shoes abominable,
你的舞姿很滑稽
your dancing ridiculous...
领舞的是我 不是你
I'm leading, you are not...
而且这位先生
and because this gentleman
很明显并不认识你
clearly doesn't know you at all.
谢谢你和我跳这支舞
Thank you for the dance.
我没想到外表
I didn't realize that appearances
对你这么重要
were so important to you,
很抱歉我没有达到社交标准
and I'm sorry that I don't live up to this society standard.
我不在乎你穿了什么鞋
I don't care what shoes you wear.
我只在乎你骗了我
I care that you're lying to me.
热气球由你指挥
It'll be your balloon.
我只希望能有机会
All I ask is to be given the freedom
进行我的实验
to undertake my experiments.
我不是任你雇佣的马车夫
I'm not a coachman for hire.
很好 因为我在寻找一位科学家同伴
Good, because I'm looking for a fellow scientist.
雷恩小姐 了解天气就是要了解
To understand the weather, Miss Wren, is to understand
如何使船和水手更安全
how to make ships and sailors safer,
使农田更多产
farms more productive,
好让我们与这个世界做好准备面对洪水
so we can prepare ourselves and our world for floods,
旱灾以及饥荒
for droughts, famines.
我们可以挽救成千上万的性命
We could save thousands of lives.
我想改写天气的规则 雷恩小姐
I want to rewrite the rules of the air, Miss Wren.
我需要你的帮助
And I need your help.
你愿意
So, will you...
帮我吗
help me?
是 这个看起来更...
Yeah, this seems much more...
你在惩罚我
You're punishing me!
我觉得这个充满易燃气体的工厂
I'm not sure a factory full of flammable gases
对孩子来说不太安全
is the safest place for children.
你在惩罚我把你拖去了
You're punishing me for dragging you
那个可笑的舞会
to that ridiculous evening.
不 我非常感激你拖我去了
No, I am grateful to you for dragging me
那个可笑的舞会
to that ridiculous evening.
否则我不会认识格雷舍尔先生
I'd not made the acquaintance of Mr. Glaisher otherwise.
姑娘们
Now, girls,
这里有马卡龙可以吃
I believe we have some macaroons somewhere.
如果这还不能证明你在惩罚我
If that is not proof of you punishing me,
-那我不知道还有什么可以了 -别在这里说
- then I do not know what is. - Not here.
我当初就讨厌你和皮埃尔上天
I hated you going up in the air with Pierre,
但为什么你会想自己上去 我都无法...
but why you'd want to go up on your own, I can't even...
和格雷舍尔先生一起
With Mr. Glaisher.
你是我唯一一个妹妹
You're my only sister.
我不想因为这些蠢事失去你
I do not wish to lose you to any more... foolishness.
你更希望我找个人嫁了
You'd rather I found a man prepared to marry me
做个贤妻良母
to devote myself to.
我更希望你能找到让自己快乐的方式
I'd rather you found a way to make yourself happy.
你不能丢下你的问题一飞了之
You can't just fly away from your problems.
你得去面对 留在地上 和我们其他人一起面对
You have to face them here, on earth, with the rest of us.
安东尼娅 我是个优秀的热气球飞行员
Look, Antonia, I am a really good aeronaut,
我想发挥我的专长
and I want to use what I'm good at.
是 但你是一名卓越的女性
Yeah, but you are a highly accomplished woman.
你可以有很多专长
You could be good at so many things.
你可以有丰富的社交生活
You could have the most beautiful life in society,
只要你肯尝试
if only you'd try.
如果那种生活不是我想要的呢
And if that isn't what I want?
那你就得学着想要那种生活
Then you have to learn to want it.
在天上
Up there,
我才能找到最大的幸福
it's where I have found the greatest happiness.
他才是你的幸福 不是该死的热气球
He was the happiness, not the damn balloon.
走吧 孩子们 午餐要迟到了
Come on, girls. We're going to be late for lunch.
5227米
5230米
5233米
你之前到过这么高吗
So, have you been this high before?
只有一次
Only once.
和皮埃尔一起
With Pierre?
我们时间充足
We have time enough.
不如和我说说他吧
Why don't you tell me about him?
虽然我很惭愧不能
Ashamed as I am to not stick
遵照你的谈话安排
to your conversational schedule,
但我没什么可说的
I have nothing to tell.
-你的头不疼吗 -不疼
- Does your head not hurt? - No.
我没感觉 抱歉 我...
I can't feel it. Sorry, I'm...
我不是有意...
I didn't mean to...
我并没有轻视你的遭遇的意思
What happened to you, I didn't mean to make light of it.
会痊愈的
It will heal.
不会留下疤
You won't have a scar.
这么高也有
At this height?
看
Look.
看
Look.
他是对的
He was right.
那个傻瓜是对的
The fool was right.
那么多神奇的事里说中这个
Of all the amazing things.
我的朋友约翰 约翰·特鲁 他研究过
My friend John... John Trew... he made a study of them.
他设想 除了鸟类之外
So, he theorized, beyond the birds,
有一种仅能承载昆虫的气流
an air current on which only insects travel,
我从未相信过他
and I never believed him.
我当然也从未想过我们可以证明他是对的
And I certainly never thought that we would prove him right.
小心
Careful.
它飞走了
There she goes.
你觉得它们要飞向哪里
Where are they heading, do you think?
它们可能交给风来决定吧
Perhaps they trust the wind to decide.
他肯定会喜欢这一幕
He'd have liked these.
皮埃尔
Pierre.
我丈夫
My husband was...
是我见过的最勇敢的人
the bravest man I knew.
他可以看到别人看不到的可能性 但是
He saw possibilities others could not, but...
他最恒久不变的品质就是
his most enduring quality was a deep...
对世上美好事物的深沉而真挚的爱
and true love for the beauty of the world.
谢谢你
Thank you.
其他人会继续追问
Others would have pushed me further.
谢谢你没有这样
Thank you... for not.
我无法估量你的损失
I cannot quantify what you've lost.
是的
No.
你不能
You can't.
继续摆弄你的仪器吧 格雷舍尔先生
Return to your instruments, Mr. Glaisher.
我说了继续摆弄你的仪器
I said return to your instruments.
好的
I shall.
致命的热气球飞行旅程
热气球飞行家与他的新娘
皮埃尔与阿米莉亚·雷恩
1856年9月14日
她迷路了吗
Is she lost?
雷恩 是吗
Wren, isn't it?
阿米莉亚·雷恩
Amelia Wren?
我找詹姆斯·格雷舍尔
I'm looking for James Glaisher.
我们去帮你找他
You're very welcome to wait outside
你可以在外面等候
while we fetch him to you.
我们这里对女性有规定...
You see, we have a policy toward the fairer sex...
那我就自己去找他
Then I'll find him myself.