提前准备好了
was all prepared in advance.
别碰这根绳子 格雷舍尔先生
Now, don't touch this rope, Mr. Glaisher,
会把气放掉
'cause it will let out the gas.
我知道该怎么操作气球
I do know how a balloon works.
你在干什么
What are you doing?
我们要飞起来
We fly.
-天空在等着呢 -等等 不行
- The sky awaits. - Wait, no.
这些地面读数很重要
These ground readings are essential.
如果不准确...
If they're not accurate...
祝好运 老伙计
Godspeed, old man.
再见
Goodbye!
-你在干什么 -让那些人值回票价
- What are you doing? - Giving the people their money's worth.
那不会破坏气球的平衡吗
W-Will that not damage the integrity of the balloon?
可能会
Perhaps.
再见
Goodbye!
天啊
For God's sake.
再见
Goodbye!
太荒唐了
This is absurd.
这就是传说中的娱乐 格雷舍尔先生
It's what they call entertainment, Mr. Glaisher.
我没觉得有什么可乐的
Well, I'm not finding it particularly entertaining.
这需要幽默感
It requires a... a sense of humor,
你好像恰恰没有
which you seem to lack.
真是胡闹
This is ridiculous.
别这么酸嘛
Don't be so sour.
把狗给我
Give me the dog.
什么叫把狗给你
What do you mean, give you the dog?
-把姿姿递给我 格雷舍尔先生 -不可能
- Pass me Posey, Mr. Glaisher. - I'm not giving you the dog.
格雷舍尔先生 狗 快点
Mr. Glaisher, the dog. Now.
再见
Goodbye!
快点
Quick.
-快啊 -怎么 你想让我...
- Come on! - What, you just want me to...
-怎么 就这么把它递给你 -递给我
- what, just pass her to you? - Pass her up.
-对 递上来 -好吧
- Yes, pass her up. - All right.
快来 姿姿 来
Come on, Posey. Come on!
不要
No, don't!
你看到了吗
Did you see that?
好样的 姿姿
Well done, Posey.
来 姿姿 快来 好姑娘
Come on, Posey. Come on, girl.
接到它了
There he is.
格雷舍尔先生 你这辈子头一次上了天
Mr. Glaisher, you are airborne for the first time in your life.
我建议你别把时间都浪费来瞪我
I suggest you spend less time frowning at me and...
好好看看我们刚离开的这个美妙世界吧
more taking in this beautiful world we've just left.
很了不起 对吧
Quite something, isn't she?
伦敦
London.
3分06秒
3分07秒
3分08秒
3分09秒
3分10秒
3分11秒
3分12秒
3分13秒
3分14秒
3分15秒
3分16秒
338米
341米
344米
347米
350米
一切看起来都...
It all looks so...
无足轻重了
Insignificant?
有什么事能让你认真起来吗 雷恩小姐
Do you take anything seriously, Miss Wren?
有些事能
Some things.
那群人聚在一起是要见证我们打破高度记录
That crowd gathered to witness us break the height record.
他们不需要看到飞在天上的狗
They didn't need to see a flying dog.
还在耿耿于怀吗
Still stuck there, are you?
我这辈子有很多时间
I've spent much of my life
都在因自己的事业而被嘲笑
being laughed at for what I do, Miss Wren.
我希望今天会是个例外
I'd rather hope that today might prove an exception.
告诉我 你的声誉是由什么决定的
Tell me, what determines your reputation?
我的声誉
My reputation?
是的 你在科学界的地位
Yes, your standing in the scientific community.
我写的论文 发现的成果
The papers I've written, the discoveries I've uncovered.
你的文章决定了你的声誉
Your reputation is built on paper,
而我的声誉则取决于人们的欢呼
and my reputation is built on screams.
下面那些人 他们是来享受娱乐的
And those people below, they came to be entertained.
如果你还不知道的话
And they, if you didn't know,
他们也是这次旅行的出资人
are the ones paying for this trip.
你要去看戏吗
You off to the opera?
我也一直在观察它
I've been looking at the same thing.
别告诉我那片乌云不值得担心
Don't tell me that cloud isn't a cause for concern.
我才是科学家 而你是飞行员
I'm the scientist; you're the pilot.
我们还是各司其职吧 好吗
Let's stick to our roles, shall we?
詹姆斯
James!
-詹姆斯 -快来啊 约翰
- James! - Come on, John.
-我可不想错过起飞 -反正要上天
- I'll not miss the takeoff. - It's in the air.
我们待在地上抬头看天就好
We could have stayed on the ground and looked up.
我们必须在最佳观察点看 约翰尼
We must see it from the best vantage point, Johnny.
饶了我吧
For God's sake.
两年前
晴空万里 我预测能顺利升空
Sky's clear, so I predict a clean takeoff,
就是说还有24秒我们就能看到了
which means that in precisely 24 seconds we should see it.
你知道
You are aware
他可能没法成功离开地面吧
he might not make it off the ground?
查尔斯·格林会成功离开地面的
Charles Green will make it off the ground.
你还是别到那么边上去吧
Maybe not quite so close to the edge of the building.
约翰 你能别再瞪我了吗
Listen, John, will you stop scowling at me?
-瞪你... -我要不要算算
- Sc... - Do I count the hours that I spend
我花了多少时间帮你在板子上钉蝴蝶
helping you pin butterflies to a board?
钉蝴蝶又不是什么危险的追求
Pinning butterflies is not a dangerous pursuit.
五 四
Five, four,
三 二
three, two,
一
one.
什么原因都有可能
Could be anything.
气阀爆裂了 或者布撕裂了
The gas valve ruptured. The silk tore.
他重新设计了气球的形状
He's rethought the balloon shape.
顶部加宽了 就像个降落伞
It's wider at the top, like a parachute.
真聪明
That's very clever.
我能看看吗
May I look?
当然 来
Yes, you may. Here.
约翰
John.
你看够了吧
If you've had time enough...
你也会有机会的
You'll get your chance, you know.
他们会意识到你的价值
They'll realize your worth.
我觉得他们已经很清楚我的价值了
I think they know my worth quite well enough.
先生们 先生们
Gentlemen! Gentlemen!
我们此刻比历史上任何时候
We-we know more now about this world around us
都更了解我们身处的这个世界
than at any moment in our history.
然而 我们还是受自己的无知所限
And yet, still, still, we are limited
不了解我们头上的这片天空
by our ignorance as to what is truly above us.
以我们目前在气球升空方面取得的进展
Now, with the progress that we have made in balloon ascent
也是我们协会在查尔斯的领导下取得的进展
here at the Society, pioneered by Charles Green,
我们也许能将气象学向前推进数十年
we could advance meteorology by decades.
对地球磁场
Analysis of the Earth's magnetic field,
和太阳光谱的分♥析♥ 对露点温度的认知
the solar spectrum, knowledge of the dew point,
对大气氧气的了解
understanding of oxygenation of the atmosphere,
-大气... -他想要我的气球
- atmospheric... - He wants my balloon!
不 先生
No, sir.
不是的 我是想请各位资助我个人对天空的探索
No, sir, I ask for funding for my own expedition into the skies.
只要能收集到足够的数据
By gathering enough data,
我相信我们能发现
I believe that we will be able to uncover patterns
-一些模式和联♥系♥... -先生
- and correlations that... - Sir,
我们是科学家 不是预言家
we are scientists, not fortune tellers.
你说的是要预报天气
You're talking about weather prediction.
但那不正是我们科学家的责任吗
But is that not our responsibility as scientists,
在混乱中寻找秩序 先生们
to find order in chaos, gentlemen?
拜托 如果我们能了解头顶的这片天空
Please, if we could understand the sky above us...
你连瓶子里一只青蛙的动作都预测不了