- 也许他们不会去找她
- Maybe they won't find her.
事到如今,万不得已的话,只能办她
We've taken care of everything else.If we have to, we'll take care of her too.
你不要稍微一点风吹草动就怂成这样!
And you're not helping matters acting this way!
如果有那么一个人,可以神不知鬼不觉
If a man wanted to,if he had courage...
既能治她的病又能让她永远闭嘴
he could get rid of her and no one would ever know.
那就只有精神病医生了
A doctor has an advantage.
我可以给她做胰岛素休克疗法
I could give her insulin shock treatment.
休克疗法♥正♥适用于她这个情况
Shock treatment's indicated in a case like hers.
给她打四针
I could give her four injections-
最后一针,一剑封喉
Then with the last one, an overdose.
没人会觉出差错
No one would ever know the difference.
那样我们就安全了,无论检察院那厮发现什么
Then we'd be safe. No matter what the district attorney's office found...
我们都安全了,他们什么也查不出
we'd be safe- they'd have nothing on us.
然后我们就结婚,你将重获新生,理查德
We could get married then.You'd be yourself again, Richard.
我们在这安详地生活下去,就你和我
We'd find peace and quiet here,just the two of us.
- 你不会让我这么做吧?
- You don't think I'd do it, do you?
- 为什么不?
- Why not?
- 她的命比我俩的命更重要吗?
- Is her life more important than ours?
- 我手上已经有一条人命了
- I've had enough.
听着,阿联,不能再像滚雪球那样越滚越不可收拾了
Look, Elaine, I can't go on like this.Things keep piling up.
先是玛格丽特,跟着试图让那女孩失去记忆
First, it was Margaret, and then tricking that child so she'd forget.
接着试图说服她相信自己发疯
Then convincing her that she was insane.
我就陷在这个罪恶的无底洞里越陷越深
There's a limit beyond even which I can't go.
理查德
Richard...
还记得我第一次来这的那个晚上吗?
remember the first night I came here?
记得吗?
Remember?
你那时候只身一人
You were alone.
那晚你头痛,就坐在这壁炉前
You were sitting here in front of the fireplace with a sick headache.
灯是关着的,你没听见我的敲门声
The lights were out.You didn't hear me when I knocked.
我打开门,你说:“哦,是你啊,小乔”
I opened the door and you said,"Oh, it's you, Miss Jordan."
那时候你还叫我“小乔”,记得吗?
You called me "Miss Jordan" then, remember?
我说我想让你看看佩妮太太的药方
I told you I had to see you about Mrs. Penny's prescription.
我们俩聊了起来,你觉察到我有点累
You talked to me and you saw that I was tired...
就问我要不要喝点酒
and you asked me if I wouldn't have a drink.
我犹豫了一下,然后你说。。。。
I hesitated and you said...
“我不会对你四连超凡的,小乔”
"I won't bite your head off, Miss Jordan."
我们把酒交欢
We had a drink.
可曾记得?
Remember?
你我风花雪月,谈笑风生
We sat here for a long time and then...
后来你突然笑出声来,你说你的头不痛了
suddenly you laughed and you said your headache was gone.
然后你问候起我的家人
And you asked me about my family...
我告诉了你
and I told you...
接着我俩都会心一笑
and we both laughed.
记得吗?
Remember?
然后你把我搂在怀里
Then you took me in your arms.
我知道你记得
I know you remember that.
我不会干的,阿联
I won't do it, Elaine.
我不干!
I won't do it!
稍等,就来
Just a minute. I'm coming.
- 你好,医生
- Hello, Doctor.
- 请进
- Come in.
- 希望你还没就寝
- I hope you hadn't gone to bed.
- 还没
- No.
医院的人说我得到这来找你
They told me at the hospital I'd find you here.
我没想到这么快又见到你了,奥尼尔先生
I didn't expect to see you so soon, Mr. O'Neill.
我以为一旦有什么情况你会打电♥话♥给我的
I-I thought you'd phone me if there were any developments.
- 我带来了资料
- I had to serve the papers.
- 哦是吗?
- Oh, yes?
法医的解剖报告,合法的
Coroner's Inquest Subpoena.Now it's legal.
法医发现了什么?
What did the coroner find?
你妻子是被谋杀的,医生
Your wife was murdered, Doctor.
哦?
Oh?
- 你确定吗?
- 确定
- Are you sure?
- Yes, sir.
坐吧,奥尼尔先生
Sit down, Mr. O'Neill.
她是被钝物重击头部
She was beaten over the head-
头骨遭受粉碎性骨折致死,几乎是被秒杀
Suffered an explosive fracture.Death was practically instantaneous.
你说过的那个毛贼,你认为是他干的吗?
This prowler you told me about,you think he did it?
貌似是,他用棍打了哈伍德太太
It seems so.He clubbed Mrs. Harwood.
尊夫人和哈伍德太太都是一个类型的:豪♥宅♥贵妇
Your wife went out the same way-A pattern.
这种杀人犯通常是连贯性作案
Killers usually follow a pattern.
你不知道她是怎么死的吗?我是说,凶器是什么?
You don't know how she was killed-I mean, the weapon?
她是被烛台锤死的
She was struck with a candlestick.
烛台?确定吗?
A candlestick? Are you sure?
- 沉甸甸的银质的那种
- A heavy silver one.
- 你如何得知?
- How can you know?
显微镜,在伤口处发现了银碎片
Microscope. There were particles of silver in the wound.
法医认为凶器是银质的
They told us it was a silver object.
混杂在银里的还有一些蜡,所以法医推断是银烛台
There were bits of wax mixed in with the silver.They told us it was a candlestick.
一定是一把很重的烛台才会造成如此伤害
It must've been a heavy candlestickto have done the damage.
都是推断,医生
Just routine, Doctor.
这些天罪犯没啥机会吧?
A criminal doesn't have much of a chance these days, does he?
没有,先生
No, sir.
顺便问一句,你那度假屋里
By the way, do you have...
有银质的烛台吗?
any silver candlesticks at the lodge?
- 可能有
- We might have.
- 我们想去调查那房♥子,希望能得到你的允许
- I'd like your permission to go through the house.
凶手可能把凶器遗留在屋里,我们也许能提取到指纹
The murderer may have left the candlestick behind. We'll get fingerprints.
如果他把凶器丢在那,我们就能找到证据
If he got rid of the weapon,we may be able to find the mate.
- 真♥相♥就会浮出水面
- Then we'll know what to look for.
- 当然,加油
- Of course. Go right ahead.
谢谢
Thanks.
只要找到烛台,咱们的麻烦就迎刃而解了
Now, if we can find the candlestick,our troubles are over.
对了,您最后一次见尊夫人是什么时候?
By the way, when did you see Mrs. Cross last?
- 我是说尊夫人还在世时
- Alive, I mean.
- 哦,她被杀前几个礼拜
- Oh, a couple of weeks before she was killed.
- 怎么了?
- Why?
- 可以再说准确点的时间吗?
- Can you place it a little more definitely?
可以
I think so.
那些天我堆积的工作略多
Things had been piling up around here...
我需要调整一下心情
and I needed a change...
所以就在一个周五晚上开车去罗伯斯角
so I drove down to Point Lobos on a Friday night.
- 有人见到你吗?
- Anyone see you?
- 没人吧,怎么了?
- I don't think so. Why?
我们想确定您太太的死亡时间
We're trying to fix the exact time of her death.
我不确定有没有人看见我
Well, I'm not sure anyone saw me.
我开车到那是周五晚上
I drove down there on Friday night...
离开那是周六晚上九点半
left there around 9:30 Saturday night.
这也不是很重要
Well, it's not too important.
说真的,我很想尽全力帮助你们
Naturally, I want to do everything I can to help you.
- 如果我想到什么,我会尽快和你联♥系♥
- If I think of anything, I'll get in touch with you.
- 谢谢
- Thanks.
- 抱歉这么晚打扰你
- Sorry to bother you so late.
- 没事
- That's all right.
咱们审讯时见
See you at the inquest.
- 晚安,医生
- Good night, Doctor.
- 晚安
- Good night.
在你有生之年,你是否会爱她,安慰她
Wilt thou love her, comfort her...
尊重她,保护她,不论她健康还是疾苦
honor and keep herin sickness and in health...
是否愿意舍弃一切
and forsaking all others,keep only unto her...
永远对她忠诚?
so long as ye both shall live?
我愿意
I will.
到底怎么了,理查德?
What's the matter, Richard?
你最近变得我都不认识你了
You haven't been yourself lately.
你脑子在想什么?老公,我们之间出了什么事?
Something on your mind?Darling, what's happening with us?
理查德,我必须郑重其事告诉你
Richard, I must speak to you.
大家都在议论你和那护士,乔丹小姐
People are talking aboutyou and that nurse, Miss Jordan.
你喜欢我新做的头发吗理查德?
How do you likemy hair, Richard?
当然,我染过了
Of course, I had it dyed.
人人都说我年轻了好几岁
Everyone says it makes melook years younger.