听话!好了,斯图尔特太太,没人会伤害你的
Orderly! Now, come along, Mrs. Stewart.No one is going to hurt you.
- 会没事的,来人!
- Everything is gonna be all right. Orderly!
- 不!不!
- No, no.
放开我!我没疯!
Let me go! No!I'm not crazy.
我真想让您亲眼看到她昨晚的情形
I wish you could've been there to see her yourself.
恩,这事我早上听说了
Yes, I heard about it this morning.
她有很典型的妄想症,一直声称你是凶手
She had the usual delusions. She kept insisting that you were a murderer.
你懂的,她要我报♥警♥
You know how they get.She wanted me to call the police.
过了一会她开始暴♥力♥起来,于是我不得不给她注射了镇静剂
For a moment, she became violent and I had to give her a sedative.
- 我觉得我们必须治疗她
- I think we ought to do something about her.
- 客观,医生
- I agree with you, Doctor.
- 我一会就去看她
- I'll be in to see her in a few minutes.
- 谢谢,先生
- Thank you, sir.
谢谢你
Thank you.
看见没?
There. You see?
- 事情按照我们的计划运行着
- Everything worked out just as we planned.
- 是的
- Yes.
笑一笑嘛,亲爱的,一切都尽在我们掌握
Well, smile, darling.It's fallen right in our lap.
你好像不是特别满意啊?
You don't seem particularly pleased.
我当然很满意,阿联
I am. Of course I am, Elaine.
那你在想什么?
Well, what are you going to do?
我在想怎么才能让她自己相信自己疯了
I'm going to try to find something that will convince her that she's insane.
你最好回到她的病房♥,宝贝
You'd better get back to her now, darling.
- 我很快就过来
- I'll be over in a few minutes.
- 妥
- Right.
- 今天感觉好点没?
- You feeling any better today?
- 我没病
- I'm all right.
我根本没病
There's nothing the matter with me.
乔丹小姐告诉我你仍旧在说我杀了一个女人
Miss Jordan tells me you're still talking about some woman I'm supposed to have killed.
你胡思乱想,又过了一夜,斯图尔特太太
I've asked you to stop thinking about such things, Mrs. Stewart.
可是。。。那是你妻子
But... it was your own wife.
如果我能证明你并没有看到我杀我太太
If I can prove to you that you couldn't have seen me kill my wife...
你愿意相信你患了妄想症吗?
would you believe that this is a delusion you've been suffering from?
你当时在和她吵架,因为离婚的事
You were arguing with her...about a divorce.
看看这报纸上的日期,斯图尔特太太
If you will look at the dateon this newspaper, Mrs. Stewart...
我太太刚于一周前去世
you will see that my wife died only a week ago.
而你在这医院已呆了3个多星期了
You've been a patient here for over three weeks now.
3星期?
Three weeks?
没错
That's right.
所以说,你其实一直在做想象力丰富的长梦
So, you see, this has all been a very vivid dream.
你必须战胜这些噩梦,斯图尔特太太,否则你的病情会恶化
You must fight these dreams, Mrs. Stewart,or they're going to become worse...
那种结果你我都不想的
and we don't want that to happen.
- 我脑子没病
- My mind is all right.
- 你有病,得治
- It's not all right, Mrs. Stewart.
你的精神有问题且病情急剧恶化
You're mind is sick and it's getting worse.
- 我没病
- My mind is all right.
- 你不会想让你先生看到疯疯癫癫的你吧?
- You wouldn't want your husband to see you in that condition.
想让他看吗?他也不想看到你这副腔调
Would you? He doesn't want to see you when you are like this.
- 你脑子有毛病,斯图尔特太太
- You're losing your mind, Mrs. Stewart.
- 不,没有
- No, no.
- 你有病
- Losing your mind.
- 哦,不
- Oh, no.
谢谢,海大菲小姐
Thank you, Miss Hatfield.
- 克罗斯医生,您办公室有人在等您
- Dr. Cross, there's someone in your office to see you.
- 什么事?
- Yes?
- 我有预约吗?
- Did I have an appointment?
- 没有,医生
- No, sir.
他来自蒙特雷中级人♥民♥检察院
He's from the District Attorney's Office of Monterey.
哦,是吗,谢谢
Oh, yes. Thank you.
- 克罗斯医生?
- Dr. Cross?
- 正是
- Yes.
幸会,敝姓奥尼尔
How are you? My name's O'Neill.
我是蒙特雷中级人♥民♥检察院的
I'm with the district attorney's office in Monterey County.
哦是吗,有何贵干?
Oh, yes. What can I do for you?
有关尊夫人的去世,医生
It's in connection with your wife's death, Doctor.
这案子应该结了吧
I thought the case had been closed.
这周发生了一些事情,使得我们有必要考虑
Something happened this week that made us consider the possibility...
尊夫人跌落悬崖可能并非意外
that your wife didn't fall into that chasm by accident.
- 我不懂你的意思
- I don't understand.
- 几天前,有人私闯哈伍德度假屋
- A couple of days ago, someone broke into Harwood Lodge...
将哈伍德太太殴打至失去知觉并盗取财物
beat Mrs. Harwood into unconsciousness and made off with her valuables.
我们前天逮住了这盗贼
We caught the thief day before yesterday.
这和我太太的死有神马关系?
But what has that to do with Mrs. Cross's death?
也许没有关系
It may not have anything to do with it.
吸引我们注意的是,哈伍德度假屋离您的度假屋很近
It occurred to us that since the lodge was so close to your place...
袭击哈伍德太太的那厮一定也觊觎过尊夫人
the man who clubbed Mrs. Harwood may have paid a visit to your wife.
你们在罗伯斯角附近居住了近10年
You've lived around Point Lobos for nearly 10 years.
克罗斯太太在那渡过了大段人生时光
Mrs. Cross spent much of her time there.
她一定熟知那些悬崖峭壁的地形,即使在晚上
She must've known those cliffs pretty well, even at night.
是的,你不会想说。。。。
Yes. I'd hate to think that she-
我没有说她是被谋杀的,医生
I'm not saying it was murder, Doctor.
我只是在调查
I'm just checking.
当然,我会尽我所能帮你
Of course. I'll do everything I can to help you.
想到会不会被小偷谋杀也是正常的
I knew you'd feel that way about it.
你有没有检查你的住处是否有财物失窃
Have you checked your place to see if anything was missing?
我确定没有,否则我会注意到的
I'm sure there isn't,or I'd have noticed it.
如果你不介意的话,医生,我们想尸检尊夫人的遗体
If it's all right with you, Doctor, we'd like to have Mrs. Cross's body exhumed.
- 可是法医说。。。。
- But the coroner said-
- 他那天只是例行公事
- It was only a routine examination.
我觉得没那个必要,奥尼尔先生
Well, I don't know as that's necessary, Mr. O'Neill.
- 你们已经抓到那毛贼了
- You've got your man.
- 我们抓到的,是一个殴打
- All we've got is a drunken old tramp...
哈伍德太太抢劫现金首饰的醉鬼老流浪汉
who clubbed Mrs. Harwood and stole a little money and jewelry.
经过尸检我们才能判定他和克罗斯太太的死有关联
We can't know about Mrs. Cross unless the body's exhumed.
但这是对我们的亵渎和无礼
But it seems almost sacrilegious.
我太太的身体还不够伤痛吗?我的心还不够伤痛吗?
Hasn't she been through enough? Haven't I?
我希望你能理解我们的工作,医生
I'd hoped you'd be more understanding, Doctor.
按理来讲,我们应该先取得法♥院♥许可令,但如果您同意的话程序就更简单了
Naturally, we'd get a court order,but it'd be much simpler if you-
如果是这鸟人杀了你太太,你也希望他受到惩罚,不是吗?
If this tramp killed your wife,you want to see him punished, don't you?
- 当然
- Of course.
- 那么良心上你不会反对尸检了
- Then you can't conscientiously object to the exhumation.
不,不,奥尼尔先生,我不反对了
No. No, Mr. O'Neill, I can't.
如果那家伙有罪,他得受罚,这是必须的
If the man is guilty,he must be punished, of course.
谢谢你,医生
Thank you, Doctor.
具体事宜接下来这几天我会通知你的,以QQ或微信的方式发给你
You'll hear from me, one way or the other, in the next few days.
谢谢你的合作
Thank you for your cooperation.
亲爱的,我好担心你
Darling, I've been so worried.
我不知道发生了咩事
I didn't know what had happened to you.
- 你去哪了?
- Where have you been?
- 市里
- The city.
你没来吃晚饭,我就开始担心
When you weren't here for dinner, I began to worry.
检察院那家伙想干嘛?
What did the man from the district attorney's office want?
- 他们想解剖玛格丽特的尸体
- They're going to exhume Margaret's body.
- 你不会同意了吧?
- You're not going to let them?
我没办法拒绝,他们拿鸡毛当令箭
I had nothing to say about it.They'd get a court order.
- 可他们为什么。。。。
- But why are they-
- 他们怀疑是一个小偷杀了玛格丽特
- They think some prowler may have killed her.
- 小偷?
- Prowler?
- 他们之前没有察觉什么
- They weren't looking for anything before.
以为是自己不小心从峭壁上滑落摔断了颅骨而死
She slipped and fell and fractured her skull against the rocks.
但他们现在怀疑事实并非如此
Now they may discover it wasn't the fall that killed her.
- 他们证明不了什么
- They can't prove anything.
- 是吗?
- No?
一旦被他们质询,我。。。。
Once they start asking questions, I-
所以我去了市里
That's why I went to the city.
我得去确保酒店房♥间里万无一失
I had to make sure I hadn't overlooked anything in the apartment.
为什么我一开始没报♥警♥?
Why didn't I report it in the first place?
为什么我让你逼我。。。
Why did I let you talk me into-
要不是那个斯图尔特太太。。。。
If it weren't for that Stewart girl-
- 要是他们逼问我或者找到那女人
- If they start asking questions and find her-