- 那么就稍安勿躁,静候佳音吧
- Well, relax. The setup here is perfect.
- 大伙都支持你的,放轻松
- Everybody's rooting for you.Now just take it easy.
- 你真这么认为?
- You mean that?
诺吧
Okay.
那请您多费心了,医生,我想尽快带我太太回家
Say, put in a couple of extra licks, Doc.I'd like to take her home soon.
好的,中尉,我们会尽我们所能
Okay, Lieutenant.We'll do everything we possibly can.
- 再见,医生
- Well, good-bye, Doctor.
- 再见
- Good-bye.
哦,不好意思
Oh, I beg your pardon.
- 快看,克罗斯太太死了
- Look at this. Mrs. Cross is dead.
- 啥?
- What?
“精神病医生克罗斯先生的妻子---玛格丽特·克罗斯的尸体
"The body of Mrs. Margaret Cross,wife of the psychiatrist...
在加州罗伯斯角
"has just been recovered from its resting place...
海滩的峭壁边被发现
"among the rocks at Point Lobos.
克罗斯太太自周五晚上起便失踪了
"Mrs. Cross has been missing since Friday night.
法医杰斯·海恩斯宣布这是一起意外死亡
Coroner Jess Haines haspronounced the death accidental. "
- 早,医生,我们大家向您表示最深切的慰问
- Good morning, Doctor.You have our deepest sympathy.
- 谢谢你们
- Thank you.
- 我很遗憾,医生
- I'm terribly sorry, Doctor.
- 谢谢
- Thank you.
- 请你进来一下,乔丹小姐
- Will you come in, Miss Jordan?
- 是,先生
- Yes, sir.
你那张心碎丈夫的照片很上照啊
You're the perfect picture of a heartbroken husband.
是吗?
Am I?
- 我很想你
- I've missed you.
- 开车回来,我想了一路
- Driving back, there was time to think.
想关于你的事
I got to thinking about you.
我问我自己:“她真的值得我做这一切吗?”
I asked myself,"Is she worth what I've done?"
然后呢?
Well?
这个回答很令我满意
That was a very satisfactory answer.
我走了以后情况如何?
How did things go while I was away?
- 情况好得令我难以置信
- Things are going so well, I hardly believe it.
- 你啥意思?
- What do you mean?
爱德华兹先生在暴风雨那晚偷跑出来
Mr. Edwards got out during the storm.
- 闯进了那女人的病房♥
- He went into her room.
- 什么?
- What?
他偷袭我,我和他扭打
He went after me.I struggled with him.
那女人醒了,把爱德华兹当成了你
She woke up and confused Mr. Edwards with you.
她又想起了酒店那晚的场景
She was thrown back into that night at the hotel.
- 哦,阿联,你们这样会搅黄我的事的
- Oh, Elaine that undoes everything I've tried to do.
- 不!
- No!
史蒂文和海大菲小姐都听见了,他们确定那女人疯了
Stevens and Miss Hatfield heard her.They're convinced she's insane.
现在不管那女的说什么,他们都会认为是幻觉造成
Now no matter what she says,they'll think she has hallucinations.
- 我明白。。。
- 你没明白,亲爱的
- I see-
- But you don't see, darling.
在你试图让她忘掉记忆前这事就解决了
Before you were trying to make her forget.
现在即便她说得天花乱坠,也没人会相信了
Now she can talk her head off and no one will believe her.
我们诱使她去瞎说,让她老公也确信她疯了
If we can encourage her to talk,convince her husband she's insane...
咱们可以把她一直关在这直到她保证听咱们的话
we can keep her here as long as it suits us- then have her committed.
亲爱的
Darling.
珍妮特,亲爱的,是我
Janet, darling. It's me.
醒醒
Wake up.
我来了,亲爱的
I'm here, dear.
保罗
Paul-
我等了你一个晚上,亲爱的
I've waited all night for you, darling.
- 你为什么这么久都不来?
- 别担心,我现在在你身边
- What took you so long?
- Don't worry. I'm with you now.
我们明早就得退房♥,保罗
We have to be out by morning, Paul.
他们不让我们住
They won't let us stay.
斯图尔特中尉
Lt. Stewart.
- 你不应该在这
- You shouldn't be in here.
- 保罗!
- Paul!
- 他!是他!
- It's him! Him!
- 是谁,亲爱的?
- Who is it, dear?
他杀了她!他杀了他老婆!
He killed her!He killed his wife!
他抓起一个东西,就往那女人头上砸,保罗
He picked something up,Paul, and he hit her with it.
他们在吵架然后他杀了她!
He was arguing with her and he killed her!
我知道,我知道,亲爱的
I know. I know, dear.
你把她搞晕了,中尉,你不该在这,跟我出去
You've upset her. You shouldn't have come in here. Come outside.
给病人皮下注射,护士
Give her a hypodermic, Nurse.
- 别离开我!他会杀了我的!回来!保罗!
- Don't leave me here!He'll kill me! Come back!
- 躺下
- Lie down.
怎么回事,医生?她这是怎么了?
What is it, Doctor? What's happened to her?
我正要跟你坦白
I'm going to be frank with you.
你刚才听到的正是我一直担心的
What you've just heard is something I've been afraid of.
病人会有一段时间妄想症发作
There are times when patients emerging from amnesia...
出现记忆混乱
suffer from delusions.
妄想症并不常见,我一直不希望发生在您太太身上
It doesn't happen often. I'd hoped it wouldn't happen in her case...
- 可你刚才也听到了
- but you heard her yourself.
- 但为什么呢?
- But why?
这,很难解释
Well, that's hard to explain...
不过如果你跟我来,我可能可以更清楚地为你解释
but if you come with me, I think I might be able to clarify it for you.
你好,佩妮太太
Hello, Mrs. Penny.
- 你好,大夫
- Good day, Doctor.
- 今天过得如何?
- How are you feeling today?
还行,大夫,还行
Just fine, Doctor. Just fine.
您在这针织真是惬意啊
That's a lovely thingyou're knitting there.
给我一个朋友织的围巾
It's a shawl for one of my friends.
- 这儿每个人都待你不错吧?
- Everyone here treating you well?
- 哦是的,他们人都很好
- Oh, yes. They're very nice.
史蒂文医生已经很久没用针管杀我了
Dr. Stevens hasn't tried to kill me with that needle for a long while now-
海大菲护士也没有想要杀我
Neither has Miss Hatfield.
我不是跟你说过好多遍了么,佩妮太太,这儿没人想杀你
Haven't I told you many times that no one here is trying to kill you?
哦不,他们想杀我,你们都想杀我
Oh, yes, they are.You all want to kill me.
你们是杀人凶手,你们都是
You're murderers, all of you.
不过我学乖了,我现在有办法对付你们
But I've learned.I'm too smart for you.
你刚才所听见的
What you've just heard,for the second time...
是我们这很多病人面对医院工作人员时的典型态度
is the typical attitude of many of our patients towards the hospital staff.
可那位老太太,我看她挺正常啊
But that old lady,she seemed all right.
佩妮太太有很严重的早发性妄想症
Mrs. Penny is suffering from a paranoid form of dementia praecox...
表现于自大症幻想,受迫♥害♥幻想以及双重幻想
characterized either by delusions of grandeur or persecution or both.
病人因受医院紧闭管制
The patient, when confined to the hospital...
总是深信
almost invariably becomes convinced...
看护他的医生和护士
that the doctors and nurses who are treating him...
都想杀害他
are really murderers intent on killing him.
这种妄想症病例在我们医院精神病科室里
This delusion is quite common among mental cases...
比比皆是
in an institution of this sort.
你的意思是我太太也疯了吗?
Are you trying to tell me my wife is out of her mind?
不,“疯了”的定义是完全丧失理智
No. "Out of the mind"denotes complete loss of reason.
斯图尔特太太尚未到那程度
Mrs. Stewart hasn't reached that stage.
但是她也说出你是凶手这种疯狂的话来
But she's got the same crazy idea as the other patients.
现在她只是妄想症的初级阶段
Right now, she's merely suffering delusions.
不过,我。。。
However, I-
我觉得应该向你坦白,中尉
I feel it's only fair to tell you, leutenant...
她的病情会恶化
that this condition can become worse.
我们现在正努力避免她的状况恶化
Our fight now is to prevent further deterioration of her mind.
你一定要救她,医生,你一定要让她好起来
You've got to help her.You've got to get her well again.
我会尽力的
I'll do everything I can.
相信我
Believe me.
拜托,斯图尔特太太,你不该下床
Come now, Mrs. Stewart.You shouldn't be out of bed.
求你帮我
Will you help me, please?
求你了,求你了,救救我
Please! Please, help me.
- 叫警♥察♥来,求你了
- Get the police here, please!
- 我们不需要警♥察♥
- We don't need the police.
- 你跟我走吧,你会好起来的
- Come along and everything will be all right.
- 哦,你不明白
- Oh! You don't understand.
我没病
There's nothing the matter with me.
我要的是警♥察♥,那个医生是杀人凶手
I want the police.That doctor's a murderer.
你先回床上,我们再报♥警♥
You go back to bed and we'll call the police.
不要以为我疯了!我说的都是真的!
Don't talk as if I were crazy!I'm telling the truth!