He's going to...
打了那女的
hit her.
他在砸她的头
He's hitting her head.
他要杀了她
He's killing her.
是谁?谁在伤害那个女人?
Who? Who's hurting the woman?
那个男人
That man.
是女人的丈夫
He's her husband.
他杀了她
He's killing her.
- 怎么说?
- 她知道,阿联,她记得
- Well?
- She knows, Elaine. She remembers.
她房♥间就在我房♥间的对面
Her room was opposite my apartment.
她走到阳台边,听到了一切
She walked out on the balcony,and she heard everything.
撒拧?
Yes?
您有空吗?爱德华兹先生有麻烦了
Can you come? They're having trouble with Mr. Edwards.
知道了
Yes.
宝贝,我不知道你会来
Darling, I didn't think you'd ever get here.
我爱你
I love you.
你是不是头痛?我从你眼里看出来了
You've got a headache.I can tell from your eyes.
嗯,脑袋快炸了
Yes. It's bursting.
- 你杀了她?
- You did it?
- 是的,是的,我杀了她
- Yes. Yes. I did it.
太可怕了,阿联
It was horrible, Elaine.
我让门童把行李箱拎到下面
I had the porter take the trunk down.
我跟酒店经理说
I told the hotel manager I was joining my...
我要和太太去卡摩尔住几天
wife in Carmel for a few days-
把行李箱运到我的度假屋
To ship the trunk to my lodge.
没人知道她昨晚在吗?
No one knew she was in town last night?
没有,她从后门进来的
No. She came up the back way.
她说想震精我们,记得吗?
She wanted to surprise us. Remember?
你并不感到伤心,是吗?
You're not sorry. Are you?
我真希望我报♥警♥了
I wish I had called the police.
我当时失去了理智,并不是故意要杀她,是一时冲动
I lost my head. I didn't mean to kill her.There was no premeditation.
但现在我藏匿了尸体,把行李箱运去了度假屋
But now I've concealed her body.
I've shipped the trunk to my lodge.
你也应该知晓事情到了这地步已别无他法了
And you know as well as I do there's only one answer for that.
- 我就不该听你的,阿联
- 你想一想,亲爱的
- I shouldn't have listened to you, Elaine.
- Think, Darling.
如果你报♥警♥下场会如何?过失杀人得坐20年牢
What would've happened if you'd called the police? Manslaughter means 20 years.
- 真那样的话你怎么办?我们怎么办?
- 我不知道
- What would that have done to you- to us?
- I don't know.
你想走那条路吗?
Would you have wanted it that way?
现在没人知道,稳住,我们能赢
Now no one knows. We're safe.
你是不是忘了那个珍妮特·斯图尔特?她知道,如果她报♥警♥呢?
You're forgetting Janet Stewart, aren't you?She knows.What if she talks?
我没忘
I haven't forgotten her.
她这种状态是说不出个所以然来的
She can't tell as long as she's in this condition, can she?
最多几个礼拜后她就会从休克状态恢复
Shock will wear off in a couple of weeks at the most.
能不能恢复要看你,迪克
It'll wear off if you let it, Dick.
- 阿联,我是个医生
- 你治好她,她就会报♥警♥
- Elaine, I'm a doctor.
- She'll talk only if you let her.
我绝对不能让你有事,只有这条路,迪克
You mean too much to me.It's the only way out, Dick.
我们只有这条路可走
It's the one and only way out for us.
我不知道,阿联,我要好好考虑一番
If I don't know, Elaine,I've got to think.
- 早上好,佩妮太太
- 早上好,医生
- Good morning, Mrs. Penny.
- Good morning, Doctor.
- 你今天气色不错
- 谢谢你,医生
- You're looking very well today.
- Thank you, Doctor.
- 早上好,医生
- 早,这位是斯图尔特中尉
- Good morning, Doctor.
- Good morning. This is Lt. Stewart.
- 海大菲小姐是我们的护士长
- 你好,中尉
- Miss Hatfield's our head nurse.
- How do you do, Lieutenant?
- 乔丹小姐在陪斯图尔特太太吗?
- Is Miss Jordan with Mrs. Stewart?
- 是的,医生
- Yes she is, Doctor.
早上好,中尉
Good morning, Lieutenant.
珍妮特,亲爱的,是我
Janet. Darling, it's me.
我是保罗
It's Paul.
我回家了,亲爱的
I'm home, dear.
- 她情况更糟了
- She's worse.
- 不完全是
- Not really.
病人焦躁不安,我们给她打了镇静剂
She was restless,and we gave her a sedative.
你要有耐心,中尉,治疗这种病需要时间
You've got to be patient, Lieutenant.It's going to take time.
另外你妻子的心理状态已不再正常
And you must try to stop thinking of your wife as she was.
你看,当你在前线战死的流言传来
You see, when you were reported killed...
她内心饱受煎熬,表面上勉强支撑着生活
she had a terrible time adjusting herself, but she did.
后来又听说你还活着并且就快回家
Then when the news came that you were alive and on your way home...
大悲大喜下很难让她的潜意识接受
it was hard for her subconscious to accept that...
因为之前对死讯的身心调整已经非常艰难
because the first adjustment had been so difficult.
再加上你飞机晚点
Then, of course,when your plane was late...
而你又没给她发微信提醒,她觉得再次被命运欺骗了
she thought she'd been tricked-that you'd never sent that wire.
不用安慰我了,医生,你就直说了吧
Don't try and let me off easily, Doctor.Give it to me straight.
告诉我,你能救她吗?
Tell me. Can you help her?
这是个很难回答的问题,坐吧,中尉
That's a very difficult question to answer. Sit down, Lieutenant.
青瓷易碎易修补,人心纤弱难复原
The mind is a delicate, fragile thing.
焦虑是难以捉摸的,就跟,信念差不多
It's almost as intangible as, as faith.
所以你需要坚定信念
And that's what you're going to need-
相信自己,相信你妻子,也要相信我
a lot of faith in yourself,and in your wife, and in me.
这一点请你放心,医生,因为我信任你
Please don't think I haven't faith in you,Doctor,because I have.
不过昨天,你和珍妮特离开后,我得找人问问情况
But yesterday, after you left with Janet, I-I needed someone to talk to.
- 当然
- Of course.
- 所以我到当地部队医院
- So I went to the army hospital...
问了一些医生
and I talked with some of the doctors.
我跟他们说是您在给珍妮特看病,他们都说我再也找不到更好的医生了
I told them Janet was in your care.They said I couldn't find a better man.
不过,你应该也知道
But, well, you know how it is.
我。。。我觉得也许听听不同看法♥会♥更好
I- I figure that maybe two mindsmight be better than one.
所以我想问是不是还有其他有帮助的意见?
And I asked if another opinion mightn't help.
哦,你这想法完全可以理解
Well, that's perfectly understandable.
如果你想换个医生,大可提出
If you want a consultant,by all means bring one in.
谢谢,他们推荐了富兰克林·哈维医生
Thanks. They recommended Dr. Franklin Harvey.
哈维?哦,他曾是我的授业恩师
Harvey? Well- I studied under him.
他可以说是精神疾病领域的武林盟主
He's probably the best man in his field.
哦那敢情好,医生,我其实很尴尬,希望你不要有什么想法
Well, that's swell, Doctor. I was a little embarrassed. I didn't want you to think-
不会的,我会打电♥话♥给哈维医生,请他过来
Not at all. I'll phone Dr. Harvey and have him out here.
好的,那我先回市里了
Good. Well, I might as well go back to town.
如果可行的话,我明天再过来
If it's all right,I'll run out again tomorrow.
为斯图尔特太太的健康着想,我要提醒你
For Mrs. Stewart's sake,I'm going to ask you to observe...
我们医院的常规探病日是周日和周四
our regular visiting days-Sundays and Thursdays.
我会跟哈维医生说叫他尽量周四来,那样你们可以面谈
I'll phone Dr. Harvey and try to have him out here Thursday. You can talk with him then.
好的,那就约在周四
Okay. We'll make it Thursday.
哦,中尉,我想我得告诉你,病人现在入睡很快
Oh, I thought you'd like to know,Lieutenant, she's resting quite easily now.
谢谢,再见,医生
Thanks. Good-bye, Doctor.
- 乔护士
- 再见
- Miss Jordan.
- Bye.
斯图尔特太太?
Mrs. Stewart?
斯图尔特太太
Mrs. Stewart.
你再一次走向阳台,斯图尔特太太
You're going out on that balcony again, Mrs. Stewart.
你向对面房♥间望去
You're looking into the other apartment.
你听见有人在争吵
You're listening to the argument.
你记得那个女人发生咩事吗?
Do you remember what happened to the woman?
他在打她,他用烛台打她
He's hitting her. He's hitting herwith the candlestick.
- 现在他在打你
- 不!
- Now he's hitting you.
- No!
用烛台打你
Hitting you with the candlestick-
打了你的头一次又一次
Hitting your head again and again.
我的头,我的头被打爆了
My head- It's hurting my head.
烛台快要把你打死了
The candlestick is killing you.
很快你就记不起任何事了
Soon you won't be able to remember anything.
你现在听不到声音
You can't hear the sound now.
你什么也听不见
You can't hear anything.
你听不见了
You can't hear.
你不记得了
You can't remember.
你记不起来了,你失去记忆了
You can't remember. You can't remember.
爱德华兹的病情
Edwards's condition...