大脑的工作机理涉及到许多内在和外在的东西
The workings of the mind depend on
so many things inside as well as outside.
没办法建立严谨有效的定则
You can't make hard and fast rules.
我想这样也许靠谱,她感觉一直不是很好
I suppose it is plausible that she hasn't been feeling well-
因为担心我的缘故,不知道我是死是活
Worrying about me- Not-Not knowing whether I was dead or alive-
到了这里又没见到我
Then coming here and not finding me.
一定是克罗斯医生
That'll be Dr. Cross.
- 早上好,医生
- 早上好
- Good morning, Doctor.
- Good Morning.
- 感谢您及时赶来
- 不客气
- I appreciate your promptness.
- Not at all.
我一听说有病人休克就赶过来了
Sooner you get to a case of shock the better.
- 这位是斯图尔特中尉,克罗斯医生
- 幸会,中尉
- This is Lt. Stewart- Dr. Cross.
- How do you do, Lieutenant?
感谢您能来,医生,我太太在卧室里
Thanks for coming, Doctor.My wife is in the bedroom.
她认不出我,她好像什么都认不出来
She doesn't know me.She doesn't seem to know anything.
- 事发时你在这里吗?
- 我刚刚到这酒店
- Were you here when it happened?
- I just got in a few minutes ago.
我打开门,她就坐在沙发上
I opened the door.She was sitting on the divan.
眼睛张得老老大,她在盯着——
Her eyes were wide open.She was staring at-
盯着空气
At nothing.
你最后一次见到她的时候有没有注意到她的什么奇怪举动?
Did you notice anything peculiar about her actions when you saw her last?
- 我已经入伍2年了,我刚复员
- 噢,我明白了
- I've been a prisoner of war
for two years. I just come home.
- Oh. I see.
她那段时间过得特别不顺
She's had a rugged time of it, all right.
起初以为我死了,之后又收到我的消息
First thinking I was dead,then hearing from me.
最重要的是,我的飞机晚点了12个小时
On top of all that,
my plane was 12 hours late.
你觉得她是一个敏感又富有想象力的女人吗?
Would you say that she was a nervous, imaginative girl?
不,先生,我认识她半辈子了
No, sir. I've known her all my life.
我们都出生于密歇根的一个小镇
We came from the same small town in Michigan.
青梅竹马,她,她从小就是个好孩子
Went to school together.She-Well, she's just a nice kid.
- 她怎么了,医生?
- 她精神崩溃——休克了
- What's wrong with her, Doctor?
- She's had a nervous collapse-went into shock.
- 你在哪里见到她的?
- 在客厅
- Where did you find her?
- In the living room.
客厅?
In the living room?
你是说她当时就坐在这沙发上
You said she was sitting on the divan.
- 是的,就在这
- 了解了
- Yes. Right here.
- I see.
你觉得会是什么原因导致的呢,医生?
What do you think could have caused it, Doctor?
这可很难判定
Well, that's difficult to say.
你不知道她在这里坐了多久是吗?
You have no idea how long she might have been sitting there?
不知道,噢,前台说...
No. Oh, the clerk did say...
她早上往楼下打了个电♥话♥
she phoned downabout one in the morning.
- 1点至8点30
- 这有什么区别吗,医生?
- Between one and 8:30.
- What difference does that make, Doctor?
重要的是,你能为她做些什么?
The important thing is,what can you do for her?
医生很难下什么承诺,我们只会说我们尽力了
It's hard for a doctor to make promises.We can only do our best.
你们要长♥期♥住在这酒店里吗?
Are you living permanently at the hotel?
不,我们中午就退房♥了
No. We've got to clear out by noon.
噢,明白了,那我最好把她带去我那
Oh, I see. Then I had better take her to my place.
她需要有人不分日夜照料她
She's going to need someone with her night and day.
克罗斯医生在郊区有座疗养院
Dr. Cross has a private sanatorium just out of town.
- 了解
- 相信我,中尉,这对她是最好的
- I see.
- Believe me, Lieutenant. It's best for her.
旧金山一定有医院,我想陪伴着她
There must be a hospital here in San Francisco. I'd like to be near her.
当然,不过我每天都在我那医院里
Of course. But I'm at my place every day.
那里位于城乡结合部,她会得到大量的新鲜空气和安静环境
It's in the country, and she'll get plenty of fresh air and quiet.
如果我是你,中尉,我会听从克罗斯医生的意见
If I were you, Lieutenant,I'd listen to Dr. Cross.
好吧,你们都是专家,请治好她吧
Okay. You men know best.Just get her well again.
你同意的话我就立马动身
I was getting ready to leave when you called.
我会带上斯图尔特太太一块去的
I'll take Mrs. Stewart up with me now.
你好,我是克罗斯医生,请帮我接通我办公室电♥话♥
Hello, this is Dr. Cross.Will you get my office please?
- 我要和她一起去,医生
- 你最好还是等我消息
- I'm going with her, Doctor.
- I'd rather you waited...
中尉,直到我能给她做全面的诊断才行
Lieutenant, until I've been able to give her a thorough examination.
你在旁边很可能会刺♥激♥到她,产生更多的伤害
It's quite possible your presence may
excite her and do her more harm than good.
只是。。。距离我上次见她真的太久了
It's just that I- It's been so long since I've seen her.
你还是明天来吧?
Why don't you drive up with me tomorrow?
乔丹小姐?请你打医院电♥话♥告诉海大菲小姐
Miss Jordan? Will you call the hospital and tell Miss Hatfield...
给新病人准备一个房♥间
to have a room ready for a new patient.
我们很快就到
We'll be there shortly.
嗯,对,你来酒店接我们
Yes. That's right.You pick us up at the hotel.
好的
Right.
你最好帮你太太收拾收拾,中尉
You'd better pack a bag for your wife, Lieutenant.
谢谢你,医生
Thanks, Doctor.
我是克罗斯医生医院的工作人员,我们来接病人的
I'm from Dr. Cross's office.We were to pick up a patient.
- 哦对,他们马上下来了
- 谢谢
- Oh, yes. They're on their way down now.
- Thank you.
- 车在外面,医生
- 谢谢
- Your car is waiting, Doctor.
- Thank you.
- 这位是我们医院的乔丹小姐,斯图尔特中尉
- 你好,中尉
- This is Miss Jordan from my office. Lt. Stewart.
- How do you do, Lieutenant?
斯图尔特太太精神崩溃了
Mrs. Stewart has had a nervous collapse.
真遗憾,不要担心,中尉
What a shame. Don't you worry, Lieutenant.
我们会很快让她好起来的
We'll soon have her well again.
- 明早给我打电♥话♥,好吗?
- 好,我11点半来接你
- You'll call for me in the morning, right?
- Yes. I'll pick you up at 11:30.
扶她躺床上,让史蒂文森医生给她来一针镇静剂
Put her to bed and have Dr. Stevens give her an injection of scopolamine.
遵命,医生
Yes, Doctor.
- 海大菲小姐?
- 早上好,医生
- Miss Hatfield?
- Good morning, Doctor.
你的病人从急救通道过来了,准备好房♥间了吗?
Your patient is coming in at the ambulance entrance. You have a room ready?
- 是的,先生
- 谢谢
- Yes I have, sir.
- Thank you.
- 早上好,先生
- 早上好,医生
- Good morning, sir.
- Good morning, Doctor.
- 她怎么样?
- 挺放松的,先生
- How is she?
- Quite relaxed, sir.
- 什么情况?
- 失忆休克
- What's her trouble?
- Amnesia shock.
- 打♥针♥了吗?
- 打了,医生
- She's had her injection?
- Yes, Doctor.
- 她马上可以说话了
- 谢谢
- She's ready to talk now.
- Thank you.
- 没你的事了
- 是,先生
- That'll be all.
- Sir.
斯图尔特太太,我是克罗斯医生
I'm Dr. Cross, Mrs. Stewart.
我是你的朋友,我是来帮助你的
I am your friend. I'm here to help you.
我要你去回忆
I want you to think.
你现在要去回忆一些事情
You're going to remember things now.
你在贝尔蒙特酒店等着见自己的丈夫
You went to meet your husband
at the Belmont Arms.
你还记得吗?
Do you remember that?
你很担心保罗
You were worried about Paul.
他没有准时到达
He didn't arrive on time.
你太紧张,无法入睡
You were too nervous to sleep.
你走向阳台了吗?
Did you walk out on the balcony?
我。。。是的
I- Yes.
我走到阳台边
I walked out on the balcony.
瞧,你能记起
See? You can remember.
那么你在阳台那看到什么了?
Now what did you see from the balcony?
他俩。。。
They-
他俩在吵架
They were quarreling.
你听得很清楚?
You heard them distinctly?
- 我。。。
- 你都听到了?
- I-
- Did you hear them distinctly?
那个男的试图。。。。
He's trying to...
阻止那个女的
stop her.
那男的。。。。