And then he started telling stories about his own life.
他们一家人想要摧毁一座大坝
His family wanted to demolish a dam,
我猜是在他们的土地上
I guess, on their property
让河流再次流淌
and make the river flow again.
所以乔治建造了一个三节火箭
So Georges built a three-stage rocket.
他的手被炸掉了
And his hand got exploded.
他告诉我 他在哥伦比亚的哥哥
He told me about his brother?in Colombia
冲进房♥子里 股动脉上插着一把刀
running into the house with a knife in his femoral artery
在厨房♥地板上流血而死
and bleeding to death on the kitchen floor.
他被捕了
He got arrested, uh...
逮捕他的警♥察♥认为他是一个古巴窃贼
by the police, who thought he was a Cuban burglar.
在监狱里 他给新奥尔良的叔叔打电♥话♥
From jail, he called an uncle in New Orleans
那个叔叔说 “来新奥尔良吧 我会照顾你的”
and that uncle said,?"Come to New Orleans. I'll take care of you."
在某一时刻 我发现我的脚湿了
And at one point my foot felt wet,
我意识到他被自己的故事感动哭了
and I realized he was in tears at his own stories
他的眼泪滴落在我的脚上
and his tears were dropping on my foot.
在莱佛士酒店的游泳池里
These were all stories Georges told Grace
1985年 乔治在认识格蕾丝的第一天
on the very first day they met
就把这些故事告诉了她
in the swimming pool of the Raffles Hotel in 1985.
然后我在想 天啊 他还不知道我的名字呢
And then I thought, "Good God, he doesn't even know my name."
陈善治已经不再是孩子
No longer a child,
她让自己变成了一个侦探
Sandi Tan has turned into a detective
必须跨越两大洲 来解决这25年的谜团
who must travel across two continents to solve this 25-year mystery.
很久以前 我和乔治一起进行公路旅行
Long ago, I went on the road with Georges.
现在我再次上路 没有他同行
Now I was on the road again without him,
但并非如此
but not really.
就很像乔治的风格 他希望我这样去追逐他
It was so like Georges that he would want me to chase him down this way.
(新奥尔良)
-嗨 -你好吗?
- Hey. How are you? - Hi.
-好久没见了 -真的很久了
- Oh, it's been a long time. - It's been a long time.
但你都没有变
But you haven't changed.
(遗孀)
善治 我今天一直很担心 很高兴见到你
Oh, Sandi, I have been dreading?today. I'm glad to see you.
-是的 -我想帮帮你
- Yeah. - And I want to help you out.
到底发生了什么 我不知道 我毫无概念
Whatever happened, I have no clue. I have no clue.
乔治的遗孀和他生活了25年
The widow remains so horrified
依然恐惧万分 她想保持匿名
by her 25 years with Georges that she didn't want to be named.
我甚至不知道他是怎么死的
I don't even know how he died.
他有一个大概21岁的女朋友
He had a girlfriend who was, like, 21.
她不仅很年轻 而且来自比利时
Um, not only was she young, but she was from Belgium...
还是一个化学家
and a chemist.
他上♥床♥睡觉
And he went to go to bed.
他的动脉堵塞 昏迷过去了
His arteries closed up and he passed out...
然后就死了
and died.
-他就这样死了 对 -因为搞笑的是
- He died like that, yeah. - 'Cause the funny thing...
-他太年轻了 -是的
- He was too young, wasn't he? - Yeah.
他其实比我们知道的要大四岁
He was actually four years older than what we thought.
你什么时候发现他比他大四岁的?
When did you find out he was four years older?
我们离婚的时候
When we got divorced.
他一直告诉我 他的护照
He always told me that his passport had the wrong date
吧日期搞错了
and the wrong day.
所以他的生日 都不是他真实的生日
So even his birthday wasn't his birthday.
他的生日是两天前
It was two days before.
把生日推迟两天 他就属于不同的星座
But by making it two days later, he got to be a different horoscope.
他其实是个巨蟹座
He was really a Cancer.
这种戏剧性绝对是乔治卡东那的风格
The poetry of that was just pure Georges Cardona.
无论乔治告诉我什么 我都相信
Whatever Georges told me, I believed.
我很容易信任别人 容易上当受骗 随便怎么说吧
I am a completely trusting person, you know, gullible, whatever.
因此这对我来说很难承受
That's why this is all so hard for me.
每次他参与电影制♥作♥ 对我来说都是一次可怕的经历
Every time he got involved with filmmaking it was a?horrible experience for me.
-这非常昂贵 -你支付一切费用 对吗?
- You know, this is expensive. - You paid for everything, right?
-我的意思是 -不 不是一切 不过很多
- I mean... - No, not everything. But a lot.
不管他在哪里 只要我们在一起 直到1998年才分开
Wherever he was, as long as we were together, which was until 1998,
他都带着这部电影 他总是确保有把它存放在有空调的环境里
he carried that film with him and he always made sure it was air-conditioned
这就像是 我的天啊
and it was like, "Oh, my God."
我觉得这好像是一个紧箍咒
It was like a cross around my neck.
我想 在新加坡的时候 他把它放在他的工作室里
I think though, in Singapore, he kept it at the studio that he had.
她和乔治离开新加坡 去了澳大利亚的珀斯
She and Georges left Singapore for Perth, Australia,
在那里 他让她倾其积蓄 给他买♥♥了一座葡萄园
where he had her sink her savings into buying him a vineyard.
他说他会将通过阅读有关这方面的书籍来学习管理
Which he said he would learn to run by reading books on the subject.
我们有一个小房♥间 电影胶片就放在那里
We had a little room, and it was in there.
我真的希望扔掉它们 因为它占据了整个房♥间
That's when I wanted to get rid of it, because it was taking up a whole room.
两年后 他们离婚了 他搬到了西雅图
When they got divorced two years after that, he moved to Seattle...
然后搬去了休斯顿 他在那里去世了
and then to Houston, where he died...
他一直随身携带着
always carrying with him
那70罐胶片
the 70 cans of film
还有装有剧本和分脚镜的若干盒子
and boxes and boxes of scripts and storyboards.
我想 谁会这样做呢?
I thought, who does that?
今天早上 我太太提醒我 我太太是在1985年认识的乔治
My wife reminded me this morning, my wife met Georges in 1985.
她认为: “我护觉得他一定加入证人保护计划”
And her thought was, "I think he must be in the Witness Protection Program."
(《门徒》)
我觉得乔治以前的学生和门徒就像你和我
I think former students and prot¨¦g¨¦s of Georges, like you and me,
依然会对他着迷 首先 我们喜欢讲故事
remain obsessed with him, first of all, because we're storytellers,
他是一个精彩的故事
and he's a great story.
70年代末 我认识了了乔治卡东那
I met Georges Cardona sometime in the late '70s.
我通过当地媒体了解到
I learned through the local media
乔治斯开设了一个传奇的灯塔媒体中心
that Georges had opened the legendary Lighthouse Media Center.
我当时大概21岁
So I would have been 21.
我们一拍即合
And we instantly bonded,
非常投缘
instantly there was chemistry there.
我想 天啊 我可能死了 去了天堂
I thought, "My God, I've died and gone to heaven,"
因为他有那些 我读到过的摄像机和录音机
because here he had these cameras?and tape recorders that I'd only read about.
我想大概在梅森迪克森线以南地区的人
I mean, nobody south of the Mason-Dixon Line, probably,
都不会有专业的《超级8》设备
had professional Super 8 equipment.
乔治很有魅力
And Georges had that kind of charisma.
我是说 他会通过离奇的方式让你的生命冒险旅行
I mean, he had this uncanny way of making adventure happen in your life,
或者至少让你渴望冒险
or at least the anticipation of adventure.
我要求乔治的遗孀
I asked the widow...
带我在新奥尔良进行一次乔治卡东那之旅
for a Georges Cardona tour of New Orleans.
哦 这就是乔治生前住的地方 他住在左边
Oh, this is where Georges lived, he lived on the left,
在那个小车♥库♥的公♥寓♥里
in that little garage apartment.
看到了吗?
You see it?
刚结婚的时候 我们都在同一家公♥司♥工作
When we first got married, we both worked for the same company.
我负责画陵墓的效果图
I did renderings of mausoleums.
我糟糕透了
I was a horrible renderer of mausoleums.
在这是我们开店的地方 它被称为大学校区
And the place where we had our shop, it was called the University Section.
店叫什么名字
What was the name of the shop?
灯塔媒体中心
Lighthouse Media Center.
而且
And, um...
现在再找那不勒斯大街
now I'm looking for Maple Street.
我觉得就是那栋灰色房♥子的所在地
I think it was where this gray house is.
也许是这个黄色的房♥子的所在地 现在看起来完全不一样了
Maybe it was where this yellow?house is. It just looks totally different now.
就在附近 我简直不敢相信 我不记得它在哪里了
It was somewhere around here, I can't believe I can't remember where it was.
怎么会消失呢? 就在这里
How could it have disappeared? Right here...
我们花了几个小时寻找那个
We spent hours looking for the film center
乔治用她的钱建立起来的电影中心
that Georges had set up with her money.
我们损失了3万6千美元 不过
We lost $36,000, but...
我肯定完全 我可能被洗♥脑♥了 谁知道呢?
I must have been totally... Maybe I was brainwashed. Who knows?
(女性知己)
乔治写信给我
Georges wrote to me.
我们那时在英国的剑桥 他说
We were staying in Cambridge, England at that point and said,
我会派一个人去你那里 她是个天才
"I'm going to send somebody to you. She's a genius.
她几乎是自学成才
She's mostly self-taught.
她需要你”
She needs you."
他认为她可能会鼓励我写剧本
He thought she might encourage me to write a screenplay,
就像他曾经说服她为他写剧本一样
just as he had once talked her into writing a screenplay for him.
就在认识他之前 我已经开始写我的第一部小说
Just before I met him I had started writing my first novel,
他问我是否愿意
and he asked me if I would collaborate
跟他合作 做一个电影项目
on a movie project with him.
他希望在新奥尔良拍一部黑色的电影场景
He wanted to make a noir set in New Orleans,
他称之为《黑色♥诱♥饵》
and he was calling it Night Decoy.
(《黑色♥诱♥饵》编剧:乔治卡东那和格蕾丝戴恩马祖尔)
他建议我去新奥尔良
What he proposed was for me to come to New Orleans...
电影精选列表