在吉他上
A lot of little doodles...
信手弹奏
on guitar...
电子吉他和很多反向创作
electric, a lot of backwards stuff, I think.
第一次 我记得自己浑身起鸡皮疙瘩
The first time, I remember my skin crawling.
当时在纽顿熟食中心 有人把我从你们身边带走
It was like I was ushered away from you guys at Newton Circus.
我没想到 乔治把我拉到一边
What I wasn't expecting is Georges to take me aside,
带到他车上
escort me to his car,
好像黑帮碰面或警♥察♥跟线人见面
like some gangster meeting or a policeman meeting an informer
或类似的情况 跟电影中的画面一模一样
or something like that, straight out of the movies.
我想 “好吧 他要听我的录音带 ”
I thought, "Okay, he's going to listen to the cassette of the stuff I have,"
我觉得有点怪 因为它是给你们的 但我不明白
which I thought was odd because it was for you guys, but I didn't get that.
他只是在威胁我
He was just threatening me,
问我有什么目的 训我...
sussing me out to see if I had an agenda and, you know, telling me off that...
“别占这些人便宜”或类似的话
"Don't take advantage of these guys" or something like that.
我说 “什么?你说什么”
I was like, "What? Sorry?"
他还告诉我一个 比我更专业
He also tells me that a far more professional
更有成就的音乐人正在创作配乐
and established musician was working on the soundtrack,
我不知道这回事
which was news to me.
但你把录音带留给他了
But you left the tape with him.
-是的 我以为你会拿到这些东西 -为什么?
- Yeah. I thought they were going to you. - Why?
我当时并不知道 乔治拿走了 本的唯一的录音带……
I didn't know it then, but Georges took Ben's only tape...
不准他来片场看我们
and banned him from visiting us on the set.
我记不清具体的一系列事件
I don't remember exactly the chain of events,
但事情变得越来越糟
but things just got worse and worse.
锦佳开始记录所发生的事情
Jasmine started keeping notes about what was actually going on.
读吧 是你写的
Just read it. You wrote this.
“一切都是不确定的
"Everything is bloody uncertain.
c先生不知道他在做什么
Mr. C. Has no idea what he's doing,
也不知道怎么去弄钱
he has no idea how he's gonna get the money.
他声称有一个制片经理 曾参与过《现代启世录》的拍摄
He claims he has a production manager who worked on Apocalypse Now."
那是谁?
Who was that?
我不知道
I don't know.
你在那 你参加了会议...
You were there. You were at the meeting...
很明显 那人没来
Obviously that person didn't show up.
我指出这么多问题 我们怎么还能继续下去
How can we continue with this when I was pointing all these things out?
所以这是真的
So it was true.
只有你和乔治希望这件事发生
It was just really you and Georges who wanted this to happen.
所以你当时对这些进度报告一点都不在意
You weren't paying attention to any of these progress reports.
我在意 我只是觉得 我们可以即兴发挥
I was paying attention, but I just thought we're just gonna wing it.
我能怎么办
Like I do.
因为我们在做跑腿的活
Because we were doing the work... doing the legwork,
你认为你可以即兴发挥
and you thought you were just gonna wing it.
你绝对是个混♥蛋♥ 你一直都是个混♥蛋♥
You were obviously being an asshole. You've always been an asshole.
正如你有能力成为非常棒的人
Just as much as you have the capacity to be really wonderful,
你也有能力成为混♥蛋♥
you have as much capacity of being an asshole.
或许我是个混♥蛋♥
So maybe I was an asshole,
但我只是希望 无论如何我们都会继续
but I just wanted us to keep going, no matter what.
没时间思考
There was no time to think.
乔治从一座俯瞰铁轨的桥上来拍摄我们
Georges was shooting us from a bridge overlooking the track.
火车
Train.
在听到他的警告之前 我就听到了火车的声音
I heard the train even before I heard his warning.
他那样浪费我们的时间 你觉得对他来说好玩吗
Do you think it was fun for him to dick us around like that?
当然了 你怎么想的
Of course. What do you think?
还有两个星期 我们没钱了
With two weeks left to go, we ran out of money.
乔治说他只需要1万美元
Georges said he needed just $10,000...
否则拍摄会被迫中止
or the production would have to be shut down.
苏菲和我觉得我们好不容易 取得目前的进展 不可以停下
Sophie and I felt we'd come too far to let this happen.
乔治开车带我们到不同的自动取款机
So Georges drove us from ATM to ATM.
接下来的几个晚上……
And over the next few nights...
苏菲和我取出了所有积蓄
Sophie and I withdrew all of our savings.
我们没告诉任何人
We never told a soul.
拍摄结束后
After shooting wrapped,
苏菲、锦佳和我花光了所有的钱
Sophie, Jasmine and I were completely spent.
不过我们成就了非凡之事
But we had pulled off the impossible,
拍成了一部电影
we made a movie!
苏菲回到了洛杉矶
Sophie went back to LA.
锦佳回到了纽约
Jasmine went back to New York.
我回到了英国
I went back to England.
乔治留在新加坡 处理70盒电影胶片
Leaving Georges in Singapore to process the 70 cans of film
告诉我们影片的拍摄效果
and to tell us what the footage looked like.
我们拍摄的东西 我们一帧也没看到
None of us had seen a single frame of what we had shot.
于是...
And so...
我等着
I waited.
继续等
And I waited.
一直等
And I waited.
圣诞节过去了
Christmas went by.
新年过去了
New Years went by.
乔治卡东那终于
Finally, a package arrived...
寄来了一个包裹
from Georges Cardona.
希望你一切安好
I hope you're fine.
我希望你能打开一瓶酒
I hope you managed to open your bottle of wine.
一口气喝完
Don't drink it all at one time.
这是古典钢琴曲 有肖邦
Listen to classical music. Piano, Chopin,
贝多芬
Beethoven.
非常舒缓
It's very soothing.
好吧 先说到这里
Okay, that's it for now.
我会再给你寄东西来
I'll be sending you some stuff.
于是 我继续等
And so I waited some more.
夏天又快来了
Summer was approaching again.
当时 锦佳心想 她也许应该回一趟新加坡
And that was when Jasmine thought she might have to go back to Singapore,
去剪辑那部电影
to edit the film.
读一下吧
Just read it...
“他认为苏菲和我都反应过激了……”
"He thinks that both Sophie and I are overreacting...
疑神疑鬼 完全没必要
and falling into unnecessary fits of paranoia."
因为在我工作的地方 我可以
Because of where I was working at, it would have been possible for me
剪辑 完成电影 把一切做好
to edit the film, finish the film, do everything.
我终于又收到一卷录音带
I finally received another tape.
嗨
Hi.
首先 电♥话♥响了……
First of all, the telephone rang...
是从纽约打来的
and it was, well, it's New York calling.
你的闺蜜今天打电♥话♥过来
Your very best friend called today.
凌晨三点 她在看电视 她
At three o'clock in the morning she was watching TV and she was...
你能听到我说话吗?
"Can you hear me?
我们想知道电影的进展怎么样了?
We were wondering how the film is doing?"
于是我问 :“我们是指谁?”
So I said, "Who is we?"
她说:“拜托 我们是属于这个世界的人”
She said, "Oh, come on, we, the people in this part of the world."
她像个真正的美国人 她说 “我们是美国人”
So she's truly American, she speaks like, "We, the people of the United States."
总之
Um, anyway...
我决定我最好录制这盘磁带
So I decided I better make this recording
以防更多奇怪的电♥话♥打进来
before any more strange calls come through.
这是我们最后一次听到他的消息
That was the last we heard from him.
他消失了
He was gone.
《逃避者》也不见了
And so was Shirkers.
我就像被大卡车撞了一样
It really hit me like a ten-ton truck.
真的令人精疲力竭
That really exhausted...
那一瞬间 我身体里的所有能量仿佛被抽干了
I think I just, like all?that energy just zapped out of me in that one instant.
我的一部分灵魂死掉了
There was a piece of my spirit that died.
我只剩下
All I was left with...
这些模糊的记忆
were these fuzzy memories...
置身于片场……
of being on the set...
我只是等待着
and just waiting.
就像照片中的一家人 就在那里
Is Sandi in the picture?
摄影机就绪
Camera ready.
乔治把一切都拿走了
Georges took everything.
从模糊的记忆深处
From deep in the fuzz,
我记得最后一件事
I remembered one final incident.
在拍摄的最后一天
On the last day of the shoot,
只剩下乔治 罗尼和我
only Georges, Ronnie and I were left.
我们开车到机场附近的一片空地
We drove out to a patch of land by the airport...
搭建了一个非常奇怪的装置
and built a very strange contraption.
电影精选列表