显得非常恐怖
absolutely porous.
……党的主要成员……
...the dominant member of the party...
我的眼前突然出现了 60年代
I was suddenly staring at a puddle of blood
客厅里的一滩血
in a living room in the '60s.
杰恩曼斯菲尔德的头 仿佛就在我的面前
I was two degrees away from Jayne Mansfield's head,
史蒂文索德伯格近在咫尺
three degrees from Steven Soderbergh.
那趟公路旅行非常重要 还有另一个原因
That road trip was significant for another reason.
我选择乔治当我的最新挚友
I chose Georges as my new best friend.
我们谈论一起拍电影……
We talked about making a movie together...
一部公路电影
a road movie.
我回到学校 全力以赴创作剧本
I went back to school and immediately threw everything into a script.
《逃避者》
“S告诉她最好的朋友TB 世界末日来临时 她可以拯救世界
"S tells her best friend TB she can save the world when it ends.
她的工具是游戏、玩具和她的想象力
Her tools are games,?toys, and her imagination.
她拯救世界里的一小部分人 开始于...
She saves the world in small numbers, starting with..."
在我幻想中的世界里 有权力人物
In my vision of the world, there are movers,
能呼风唤雨的人
there are shakers,
还有逃避者
and there are shirkers.
乔治给我发了一份传真
Georges sent me a fax.
这个...剧本 堪称...杰作
我哭了
故事开始于...
It started out with...
一个名叫S的神秘主人公
the mysteriously-named lead character S.
我不知道这代表了什么
I wonder what that stands for.
我打算在一个花40分钟 就可以
My idea was to do a road movie in a country
开车横跨的国家里 拍一部公路电影
you can drive across in 40 minutes.
我们跟踪这个在新加坡四处游荡的神秘角色
We follow this cryptic character, she goes around Singapore.
她或许是死神
She might have been the Grim Reaper,
逐个干掉这些角色 带他们开启死后的旅程
just picking off these characters and taking them on this afterlife journey.
因为善治痴迷于伯格曼
Because Sandi had an obsession with Bergman.
《第七封印》1957年
我不...我讨厌伯格曼
I don't have... I hated Bergman.
不管怎样 继续吧 你能开始描述一下情节吗
But anyway, go on. Can we start and you describe the plot?
身为编剧 你知道这不是三幕式结构
You as the screenwriter, this was not a three-act structure.
我们怎么能…
How could we...?
给我看一样东西 19岁的人会说
It's only something that 19-year-olds could've just said,
“我们去做吧 为何不行”
"Let's go do it. Why not?"
六月我写完了剧本
I finished the script in June,
我们必须在7月开拍
and we had to start shooting in July
赶在锦佳和苏菲开学前
before the school term began for Jasmine and Sophie.
花了不到两个半月的时间
It was less than two and a half months.
前期制♥作♥
Pre-production.
不 前期制♥作♥和拍片
No, pre-production and shoot for a feature
我们大部分人白天还得工作
while most of us were still working day jobs.
如你所说 你是唯一不上班的人
Like I said, you were the only one who was not working.
我记得...
I remember, um,
莎伦西迪基 苏菲的母亲
在这个三人组合中 你是负责人
that you were the sort of "chief ideologue" of the trio.
苏菲是跑腿的
Sophie was the gopher.
锦佳
Jasmine...
负责技术
was the technical person,
她总是纠结于这样那样的问题
I think, who was, you know, always fussing with this and that.
我们最后分♥裂♥成两个阵营
We eventually broke into two camps,
锦佳和苏菲认为我们应该等一年 明年夏天再拍
Jasmine and Sophie, who thought we should wait a year and do it next summer...
我和乔治只想把电影赶快拍完
versus me and Georges who just wanted to get the film made.
沃纳赫尔佐格的《陆上行舟》是乔治最喜爱的影片之一
One of Georges' favorite films was Werner Herzog's Fitzcarraldo...
《陆上行舟》是沃纳·赫尔佐格执导的剧情片,由克劳斯·金斯基主演,1982年3月4日上映
影片中 疯狂的克劳斯金斯基
in which the mad Klaus Kinski
指挥一群亚马逊土著人
commands an army of Amazonian natives
替他把一艘船拖着翻山越岭
to pull a ship over a mountain for him.
这份灵感指引着乔治
This is one of Georges' guiding inspirations.
我也深受其影响
And it became mine too.
你一直是一个意志坚定 且野心勃勃的人
You've always been?a very determined and?quite ambitious person.
你会不惜一切代价 把事情做成
You just wanted it done at any cost,
赴汤蹈火也在所不辞
and you were willing to just burn things
只要能拍成自己的电影
just so that you could make your own film.
好吧
Well, okay,
但多年来我一直计划要拍电影
but after years of plotting to make a film,
我可不能让这个机会白白溜走
I couldn't just let this opportunity slip by.
锦佳并不是什么专家
It wasn't as if Jasmine was an expert.
她设计的这份试镜海报独具风格
She designed this audition flyer in her unique style.
《逃避者》剧组人员试镜通知
当然了 没人能看懂 自然也没人来参加试镜
Of course nobody could read it so nobody showed up.
我们让更符合常规的人重新设计 她义愤填膺
She was furious when we got someone more conventional to try again.
《逃避者》电影
她觉得我们在出♥卖♥♥♥自己
She thought we were selling out.
别担心
Don't worry about it.
只是非正式即兴表演
It's just gonna be like informal improvisational kind of exercise.
我的左边脸 我的右边脸
My left side, my right side.
嗯 没错
Yeah, right.
把你的号♥码举起来
Hold up your number.
凯伦 咪♥咪♥ 第五次试镜
苏菲和锦佳负责试镜
The auditions were run by Sophie and Jasmine.
基本上 这部电影的主角是16岁
Basically, the main character of the film is 16 years old.
嘿 哇让我仔细看看
Hey. Wow.?Let me have a closer look.
好 请想象一下你开着车
Okay, can you just imagine you're in the car right now...
四周转悠 把那些老妇人全撞倒了
and you're going around, you're knocking all these old women down and... You know?
好
Okay.
-对的 -非常好
- Yeah. - That's all right.
乔治无踪无影 悄无声息
Georges was nowhere to be seen or heard.
除了在这里
Except here.
我是编剧
And so I was the screenwriter,
苏菲是制片人
Sophie was the producer,
锦佳是剪辑
Jasmine would be the editor...
乔治是导演
and Georges was the director.
此致 苏菲西迪基 执行制片人
身为制片人 苏菲虽然年仅19岁
Sophie, as our 19-year-old?producer,
但写信的语气跟资深执行制片人无异
wrote letters in the voice of an experienced executive producer.
我跟一个重要人物约好了要见面
I secured a meeting with a high-profile person,
这花了我很多时间 还要鼓足勇气
and it took me a lot of time and courage,
在那人来之前 乔治对我说
and before the person arrived, Georges said to me,
“好 你现在到厨房♥去”
"Okay, now you go into the kitchen.
我去见面”
I'm gonna take the meeting."
那个时刻 我难受极了
That was a very difficult moment for me.
我不相信乔治
I didn't believe in Georges.
我不相信乔治 但我相信这部电影
I did not believe in Georges, but I believed in the film.
我朝乔治吼
Do I yell at Georges
还是最好待在厨房♥
or is it better for me to remain in the kitchen
让他敲定这笔交易 以便电影能够继续下去
and have him secure the deal so the film could move forward?
我选择了 电影
And I chose the film.
我们要在实际经验非常有限的情况下
We were trying to mount a feature film
来拍一部故事片
on the scantest of practical knowledge.
我们的制片助理才14岁
We had a production assistant who was 14 years old.
乔治劝说 罗尼 给我们拍电影
Georges talked Ronnie, a 30-year-old first time DP
罗尼30岁
into shooting the film for us.
第一次担任摄影指导
I got involved as a sound man,
付方梁 音效和美术指导
我负责音效 我自愿做分镜设计
and I volunteered to do the storyboarding.
我不知道《逃避者》在讲什么
I have no clue what Shirkers is about.
-可以这样说吗?会不会冒犯你?-不会
- Can I say that? Would that offend you? - No, no, no.
我祖母扮演我祖母 我小堂妹演我小堂妹
My grandmother played my grandmother and my baby cousin played my baby cousin.
她柔软的小胳膊讲述着自己的小故事
Her furry little arms had their own little story.
“哦 我以为”太好了 我们在找人演护士 我就是
Oh, I thought, "Oh, great, they're looking for a nurse, and I'm one."
蔡宝顺 饰护士塞西莉亚 《逃避者》
我一直想看看拍戏究竟是怎么回事
I've always wanted to see what acting is all about, you know?
我劝说菲利普 来演交通协管员
I talked Philip into playing the crossing guard...
因为对我来说 他就是这样的人
because that's essentially what he was to me.
第一次听到《逃避者》这个项目时 我觉得是时候了
When I first heard about?the Shirkers project, I thought, it's about time.
唯一在新加坡拍摄的独♥立♥电影
The only sort of independent feature films that were shot in Singapore
是著名的《他们称她为王埃及艳后》
were like the legendary They Call Her Cleopatra Wong.
真正的国产电影很少 对吧?
There was very little domestic filmmaking activity, right?
《三分熟》之后我们会拍摄下一部国产电影
And then we were going to be the next film after Medium Rare.
这部影片讲述了一个新加坡连环杀手
Medium Rare was a film about a Singaporean serial killer
由一位美国电视演员出演
who was played by an American TV actor.
拜托 我们肯定会做得更好
And come on, we can do better than that.
我们派了很多人去全岛各地采景
We dispatched an army of location scouts across the island.
电影精选列表