Maybe I don't wanna sit around in a bar all day
把余生都用在小型诈骗上
pulling short cons for the rest of my life.
你不会是认真的吧
You can't be serious.
老头子早晚会开始提问题的
Sooner or later the old man is gonna ask questions.
不…他不会 他太投入了
No. No, he won't. He's too invested.
他要操心的事太多
He's got too much on his mind.
比如他的健康 事业
You know, his health and his business.
还有…情绪崩溃的儿子
And that-- that emotional wreck of a son.
但我是美好的 对吗
But I'm the good thing, right?
我是他唯一拥有的美好
I'm the good thing he's got.
对
Yeah.
我了解你 你留下就会开始犯错
I know you. You stay, you'll slip.
我不会 我太高明了
No, I won't. I'm too good.
而且如果他们不去找你 就看不到你
And if they're not looking for you, they don't see you.
你真要这么做
Are you really doing this?
是的
Yeah.
我不想再扮演妈妈了
I don't wanna play the mom anymore.
很无聊
It's boring.
麦克斯伯内特 是警♥察♥
Max Burnett, it's the police.
我们有一份尚未执行的逮捕令 要求逮捕你 开门
We have an outstanding warrant for your arrest. Open the door.
我不相信你 门口是谁 提普西吗
I don't believe you. Who's at the door? Tipsy?
你最好跑路
You better go.
你在虚张声势
You're bluffing.
好 那有本事试试看 开门啊
Yeah, well, then call my bluff and open the door.
开门
Open the door.
所以你利用了我
So, you used me?
麦克斯伯内特
Max Burnett.
-该死 -开门
-Fuck. -Open the door.
(玛德琳)
请节哀
I'm so sorry.
我需要占用你一点时间 来和你谈理查德遗嘱的事
I'm gonna need a minute of your time to go over Richard's will.
有些文件是有时效性的
There are documents that are time-sensitive.
而且我认为最好立刻谈 看在汤姆的份上
And also, I think it's best we do it right away, for Tom's sake.
-好
-Okay.
理查德亲自向我口述了遗嘱的最后一稿
Richard dictated this last draft of the will to me personally,
然后签了字
and then he signed it.
因为他当时病得很重
And because he was at the height of his sickness,
我觉得我有责任告诉你们 请放心
I feel it's my obligation to assure you
他当时有意识 思维清晰
that he was cogent and of sound mind when he did so.
理查德把大部分地♥产♥留给了玛德琳
Richard left the bulk of his estate to Madeline.
太荒谬了 这应该是汤姆的
That's ridiculous, this-- It should be Tom's.
理查德当时说得很清楚 在汤姆之前发生的那件事后
Richard was very clear. After the past incident with Tom…
-我被骗走了三十五万美元 -他疑虑重重
-I had $350,000 stolen from me. -He had major misgivings…
-精神崩溃了 -不想把生意和地♥产♥
-And I had a nervous breakdown. -…leaving Tom both the business
都留给汤姆
and the estate.
你会通过一个信托基金得到照顾
You'll be taken care of through a trust.
这很慷慨
It's generous.
让你能够继续经营书店
And it will allow you to hold on to your bookstore.
汤姆还会继续掌管慈善机构
Tom will also retain control of the charity,
理查德霍布斯基金会
the Richard Hobbes Foundation.
至于其他的一切 财产 资产 股份 股票
As for everything else, property, assets, shares, stocks,
即剩下的九十二亿
the remaining 9.2 billion…
全部交给玛德琳
It will all go to Madeline.
至少他相信我能管好基金会
Well, at least he trusted me with the Foundation.
是的 汤姆 你是董事会主席
He did, Tom. You're chairman of the board.
玛德琳是受托人
And Madeline has been named trustee.
我是受托人
I'm a trustee?
只是一种形式
It's only a formality.
一种保险 当汤姆无法履行职责时
A piece of insurance in the event Tom is unable to fulfill his duties
-玛德琳会… -接手 是 我懂
-and Madeline will-- -Will take over. Yeah, I get it.
他信任你 把基金会的掌控权交给你了
He trusted you with control of the Foundation.
我可以诚心诚意地这么说
I can tell you that with complete sincerity.
-他非常看重你 -是 好吧
-He thought the world of you. -Yeah, okay.
无意冒犯 但我父亲的遗嘱 把他对我的看法都告诉我了
No offense, but my father's last wishes tell me exactly what he thought of me.
大卫 我想和汤姆单独谈一下
David, I'd like to be alone with Tom for a minute,
-如果可以的话 -当然…
-if that's okay. -Of course. Of course.
谢谢…
Thank you. Thank you.
我非常遗憾
I am so sorry.
-不必 不是你的错 -不 我只是…
-Don't be. It's not your fault. -No, I just--
希望你知道 我是你的合伙人
I want you to know that I'm your partner.
我会支持你
And that I'm here for you.
无论你需要什么 我都会支持你 你不必独自一人承担此事
I'm here for whatever you need. You don't have to go through this alone.
谢谢你这么说
Thank you for saying that.
你可以和我一起住 想住多久都行
You can stay with me for as long as you like.
你暂时不必搬走
You don't have to move out anytime soon.
但我必须卖♥♥掉这套公♥寓♥ 因为我承受不了
But I'm gonna have to sell this apartment because I can't do it.
我无法…一个人住在这里 我做不到
I can't-- I can't stay here alone. I just can't.
我受不了
I can't manage it.
-我不知道为什么会提起这个 -好吧
-I don't know why I brought this up. -Okay.
我不该…
I shouldn't-- I shouldn't--
-不 我明白 -我不该现在提的
-No, I get it. -I shouldn't have brought it up right now.
我们改天再谈吧
We can discuss it some other time.
-我觉得太沉重了 -没关系…
-I think it's just a lot. -It's okay. It's okay.
现在对我们俩都太沉重了
It's a lot for both of us to handle right now.
-谢谢你 帕特里克 -不客气 霍布斯小姐
-Thank you, Patrick. -You're welcome, Miss Hobbes.
-早上好 查理 -霍布斯小姐 你好吗
-Good morning, Charlie. -How are you, Miss Hobbes?
我去看一下房♥间 马上回来
I'm gonna check on the room. I'll be right back.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
霍布斯女士
…Mrs. Hobbes.
天啊
Wow.
太美了 我能看看另一个托盘吗
This is so pretty. May I see the other tray?
当然
Yes, of course.
我得告诉你一件事 我想我看到…
I have to tell you something. I think I saw…
这边请 汤姆在等你
Please, come this way. Tom is expecting you.
他会无聊死的 20年后再来找我谈
He's gonna be bored out of his mind. Come talk to me in 20 years.
我会面对一模一样的事 明白吗
I'll be dealing with the exact same thing. You know what I'm saying?
霍布斯太太 早上好 我是帕特布拉多克
Mrs. Hobbes. Good morning. I'm Pat Braddock.
我们在你丈夫的追悼会上见过一面
We met briefly at your husband's memorial service.
是 没错 你好吗
Yes, of course. How do you do?
很好 谢谢
I'm good. Thank you.
他们是我的同事 麦凯布先生 莫斯利先生
These are my associates, Mr. McCabe, Mr. Mosely.
我们是来见汤姆的 我们在为他做事
We're here to see Tom. We're doing a bit of business for him.
做什么事
What kind of business?
帕特 嗨
Pat, hey.
没事的 玛德琳
It's okay, Madeline.
-布拉多克是家里老朋友 -嗨 汤姆
-Braddock is an old family friend. -Hi, Tom.
很高兴见到你 他之前为我父亲
Good to see you. He did work for my father
处理一切需要搞定的敏感事务
whenever he had anything sensitive he needed taken care of.
其实呢 玛德琳 我想让你看这个
Actually, Madeline, I want you to see this.
汤姆要我们帮忙去找那个行骗的女子
Tom enlisted our help to find the young woman who committed the theft.
在系统中分♥析♥过她的照片后
After running her picture through the system,
我们找到了这个女子 我们认为就是她
we landed on this woman. We think this is her.
-是她 -好
-That's her. -All right.
她叫桑德拉卡迈克尔
So her name is Sandra Carmichael.
出生在西雅图 童年很不幸
She was born in Seattle. Rough childhood.
我们和她母亲谈过 但她好几年没和她说过话
Talked to the mother, but she hasn't spoken to her in several years.
好 她16岁从高中辍学
Okay, she drops out of high school at 16,
开始积累犯罪前科
starts racking up a number of offenses.
入店行窃 携带毒品 企图伤害
Shoplifting, possession, assault.
但她之后养成了一个习惯
But then she develops a habit,
她在全国四处旅行 直到来到了皇后区
and she crisscrosses the country until she makes her way to Queens,
她在这里再次因携带毒品被捕
where she's arrested again for possession.
她获得假释后线索就断了
She gets paroled and that's where the trail runs cold.
好 就是这样 她是个瘾君子
Okay, so that's it. She's a drug addict.
说实话 这里就有问题了
Well, frankly, it raises some questions.
-什么问题 -对 比如说
-What kind of questions? -Yeah, like what?
她进行的诈骗需要大量复杂的筹备
What she pulled required a great deal of sophistication.
我觉得这个女子不可能独自做到
I don't see how this woman did it alone.
我认为我们要找的人不止一个
I think we're looking for more than one person.
-我们会随时告诉你进展 -谢谢 非常感谢
-We'll keep you posted. -Thank you. I really appreciate this.
-我们会抓到他们的 -好 没 我相信你
-We're gonna get 'em. -Okay. No, I trust you.
电影精选列表