得到后却更加迷茫了
and when he got it, he just grew more and more confused.
沉默的时间也更长了
The silences grew longer.
但我们从未谈论过
We never talked about it.
我们生活在一个友好的…
We lived our lives in a polite...
冷战中
celibate truce.
亚瑟在酒店被发现前…
Arthur had been dead a long, long time...
已经死去很久了
before they found him in that hotel room.
我想我说的差不多了吧?
Well, I guess I can't tell you much more. Enough?
是的
Yes, it is.
我该走了
I really should be going.
我希望能帮上忙
I hope I've been some help.
是的,你帮了我的忙
Yes, you have.
帮了很多
Very much.
你刚说想要个纪念品
You said that you wanted a memento.
恐怕我无法给你他的画作,这是唯一剩下的东西
It won't be a painting, I'm afraid, but it's all I have.
威尔逊先生,很抱歉
I'm sorry, Mr. Wilson.
没关系
It doesn't matter.
我想倒回去 - 好的,先生
I want to go back. - Of course, sir.
不,我不是说去加州
No, I don't mean to California.
我是说回公♥司♥
To the company.
再从头来过
Start again, all over.
安提阿哥·威尔逊可以死,是吗?
Antiochus Wilson can die, can't he?
公♥司♥方面
The company.
有可能吗?
Is it possible?
我想是的,先生
I think so, sir.
重新开始
Begin again.
老实说…
Quite honestly...
我不后悔…
I'm not the least bit sorry...
因为我的案子中出现了一些错误…
because there were certain mistakes made in my case...
当然在我们深谈之前,我想问…
Of course, but before we go into all that, let me ask you...
您是否能够推荐新客户
whether you can recommend and sponsor a new client.
你说什么?
What?
你在外面有认识的人…
An acquaintance outside...
你觉得可以受益于公♥司♥这种服务
whom you feel would benefit by the company's services.
您可是您自已的赞助商
You were sponsored yourself, you know.
是,当然
Oh, yes, of course.
一个生意伙伴,或者街上的某个人
A business associate, perhaps. Someone down the street.
如果没有深入了解一个人…
You don't have to be intimately acquainted with a man...
您无法知道他是否有机会,享受我的服务
to realize he'd be receptive to the sort of opportunity we offer.
抱歉,目前我没有…
I'm sorry. Right now, I just can't seem to...
我是说我会好好想想
What I mean is, I'd like to think about it.
这就是我们的要求
That's all we ask.
您也知道,我们的服务得到客户的认可
As you can imagine, our business is acquired through present clients.
是靠口碑相传来维持的
It's a word-of-mouth operation.
我们不能在杂♥志♥报纸上做广♥告♥
You don't suppose we can advertise in magazines and newspapers.
当然不能
No, of course not.
我想您肯定会有办法
I think you'll come up with something.
别动,谢谢
Hold it. Thank you.
请把手举起来
Hold your arm up, please.
抱歉,我不懂 - 好了
Excuse me. I don't understand. - That's it.
这有必要吗? - 十三又二分之一,侧面照
Is all this really necessary? - 131/2. Profile.
转到侧面 - 这有必要…
Turn sideways. - Is this necessary for...
就这样
Hold it.
好了,背面
That's it. Back view.
这是为手术做准备吗? - 是的
What is this, preliminary for surgery? - Certainly.
一年时间人的身体会变化很多
Ayear's gone by. A lot happens to the human body in a year.
这是您的座位,先生
This one is yours, sir.
你好,亚瑟
Hello, Arthur.
我不认识你 - 是我,伙计
I don't believe I know you. - It's me, buddy.
永远忠诚
Semper Fi.
你是查理?
You're Charlie?
是我,老朋友
Guess I am, old buddy.
你怎么在这儿?
What are you doing here?
和你一样,等待
Same as yourself. Waiting.
怎么了?
What's the matter?
没什么
Oh, nothing.
这种情况下很难认出一个人…
It's just that it's hard to recognize somebody...
又不认识这个人
and not recognize them at the same time.
你在这儿多久了?
How long have you been here?
有一阵了
A while.
你打给我也是在这里?
When you phoned me, you were here?
刚开始就是?
Even the first time?
但你听起来…
But you sounded...
好像这是一件大事…
like the whole thing was something tremendous...
这种重生,一切…
this rebirth, everything...
即使你没有成功!
even when you hadn't made a go of it!
我以为你有更好的机会
I thought you'd have a better chance.
上帝!要等多久才能得到手术机会?
Good God! How long does a man have to wait to get into surgery?
一般不用太久
Not long, usually.
我得留在这儿给你打电♥话♥,有必要的话…
I had to stay around and telephone you, if necessary...
还要陪你过调整期,不过现在…
through your first adjustment, but now...
这就是你指的我们是一条线上的
That's what you meant about our being tied together.
我忍♥不住,查理
I couldn't help it.
我要找到我到底哪里错了
I had to find out where I went wrong.
过去这些年…
The years I've spent...
我努力追求那些人口中说的…
trying to get all the things I was told were important...
我应该得到的重要…!
that I was supposed to want!
东西!
Things!
不是人…
Not people...
或者意义
or meaning.
只是东西
Just things.
在加州也一样
And California was the same.
他们又给我做同样的决定…
They made the same decisions for me all over again...
他们都一样
and they were the same things, really.
从现在起一切都要改变
It's going to be different from now on.
新面孔新名字
A new face and a name.
其他的由我自已决定
I'll do the rest.
我知道一切都会不一样
I know it's going to be different.
我想你也可以的
I suppose you do too.
早上好,先生们
Good morning, gentlemen.
有请卡尔森先生
Mr. Carlson, please.
是你?查理?
Charlie. You?
亚瑟,我… - 卡尔森先生,请
Art, l... - Mr. Carlson, please.
我有预感这次你肯定能成功
I have the feeling you're going to make it this time.
抱歉让其他人失望
I'm sorry to disappoint the rest of you.
明天还有机会
Perhaps tomorrow.
你好像不理解我们的问题
You don't seem to understand our problem.
我完全明白 - 但你没有合作
I understand it perfectly. - But you're not cooperating.
我跟你说了多少次,我想不到任何人
I've told you over and over again, I cannot think of anyone.
我不相信 - 我晃荡的时间太长了
I can't believe that. - I've been shuffled around long enough.
是时候给我机会…
I think it's time I had the opportunity...
重新开始有意义的生活
to start living some kind of meaningful existence.
如果我推荐了某个人,会不会推迟了我的手术…
If I did sponsor someone, wouldn't that delay my trip to surgery...
然后还要不断推荐其他人?
in the event that I were needed from time to time, to, say, advise him?
如果那人是好苗子,就不会这样
No, that's not likely, not if the selection is a good one.
抱歉,我真想不起来有谁合适
I'm sorry. I don't seem to be able to think of a single soul.
你是故意这么做 - 随你怎么想
You mean you deliberately won't. - Have it your way.
很好
Very well.
谈话结束,你可以回休息室了
That will be all. You can go back to the day room.
请接处理部
Processing, please.
我是卢比,刚与威尔逊七二二谈话…
This is Ruby. On Wilson, 722...
我想可以进入下一阶段了
I think we can go to the next stage now.
你好,孩子
Hello, son.
先生,我…
Oh, sir, l...
我希望你可以成功,实现梦想
You know, I sure hoped you'd make it, find your dream come true.
什么? - 我说我希望你能成功…
What? - I said I sure hoped you'd make it...
实现梦想
find your dream come true.
我猜…
I guess...
我从未有过梦想
I guess I never had a dream.
也许是的,也许你曾有过
Maybe that's it. That sure might have been it.