我们为哈佛名誉而战
We'll fight for the name of Harvard
直到我们冲过
Till the last white line is
终点线
Passed
真的太美妙了!
That's absolutely wonderful!
事实上我刚刚不当校友了
Truth is, I just stopped being an alumnus. Simple.
威尔逊! - 干嘛?
Wilson! - What?
我们找个时间打高尔夫
You and I must play golf sometime.
高尔夫?
Golf?
安提阿哥·威尔逊打高尔夫?
Antiochus Wilson playing golf?
现在…
Now...
亚瑟·汉密尔顿…
Arthur Hamilton...
看来我们的主人喝多了
Looks as if our host is in orbit.
等等,你们这些人
Wait a minute, you guys.
放下他 - 等下
Put him down. - Wait a minute.
把他转过来 - 听着
Turn him around. - Hey, listen.
我现在有个侄子在哈佛读书!
I got a nephew right in Harvard right now!
你没有侄子 - 什么?
You don't have a nephew. - What?
我没有侄子
I don't have a nephew.
对,说的对
Okay, correct.
我没有侄子…
I don't have a nephew...
但他确实存在好吧
but he's there, all right.
他存在,是的
He's there, all right.
我的女儿…
My daughter...
她嫁给了一个医生…
she's married to a doctor...
或许现在我已经当外公了
and maybe by this time, I'm a grandfather.
相信我
Believe me.
他们无法把我的亲人从脑海抹去
They'll never drag it out of me.
我想有宪法权利
I'll stand right here on my constitutional rights.
我不是外公
I'm not a grandfather.
我…
L...
你们怎么这么盯着我?
Why are you all staring at me like that?
他们干嘛这么盯着我?
Why are they staring at me like that?
他们知道
They know.
知道什么?
They know what?
他们跟你一样
They're like you.
你说什么?
What do you mean?
重生
Reborns.
闭嘴!
Shut up!
混♥蛋♥,闭嘴!你以为…
Shut up, damn you! Just who the hell...
你以为你是谁?
do you think you are?
上帝!
My God!
请救我!
Save me. Please!
喂? - 伙计,是我,听我说
Yes? - It's me, buddy. Now listen to me.
查理? - 听着亚瑟…
Charlie? - Look, Arthur...
听我说! - 真的是你吗?
Listen to me! - Is it really you?
当然,你知道这很危险,你在干嘛?
Of course it is. Do you realize how dangerous it is, what you're doing?
我得离开这里,你不知道他们对我做了什么
I've got to get out of here. You don't know what they're doing to me.
拜托,伙计,冷静
Come on, buddy. Calm down.
我要见你 - 现在不可能
I've got to see you. - That's impossible right now.
为什么? - 不为什么!
Why? - It just is!
你必须尽快稳定情绪,否则…
You've got to get ahold of yourself, fast. You'll be sorry...
你知道他们做了什么吗? - 我无法解释,但…
You know what they did? - I can't explain, but...
这样的重生,还有诺拉
There's this reborn, Nora.
她不是其中一员,她只是这个公♥司♥的职员
She's not one of them. She works for the company.
什么? - 没错
What? - That's right.
一个雇员
An employee.
但我…
But l...
不,她是如此…
Oh, no. She was so...
为什么?查理,为什么?
Why, Charlie? Why?
第一阶段的调整期是比较痛苦
Your adjustment was bound to be difficult in the first stages.
你没看到吗?公♥司♥就提供了…
Don't you see? The company simply provided...
一个雇员
An employee.
对我个人来说很重要,但我不能说…
It means a lot to me personally. I can't explain...
但我们已经是一条线上的蚂蚱了,你和我
but we're sort of tied together, you and me.
我们是如此靠近,不要搞破坏
We're so close. Don't throw it away.
要怎么做? - 请相信!
How? - Trust, please!
在我们找人帮你之前,你保证你都呆在那儿
Promise to stay put until we can get someone to you.
你必须帮帮忙,呆在那儿好吗?
You've got to have help right now. Please, will you stay there?
拜托!
Please!
你好 - 我是威尔逊先生
Yes? - I'm Mr. Wilson.
请进,我去告诉汉密尔顿太太
Come in, please. I'll tell Mrs. Hamilton you're here.
很高兴您能来
I'm so glad you were able to come.
谢谢,我本不想来打扰 - 一点也不会
Thank you. I didn't mean to barge in. - Not at all.
您真好
It was very kind of you.
在电♥话♥里我可能听起来很奇怪,不过…
I must have sounded strange over the phone, but...
亚瑟从未提起…
you see, Arthur never mentioned...
我去年才认识您已故的丈夫…
I just met your late husband last year, shortly before...
请坐
Yes. Please, sit down.
汉密尔顿太太,我是个画家…应该说艺术家
Mrs. Hamilton, I'm a painter... an artist, actually.
我很崇拜您先生的水彩画
I admire your husband's watercolors.
是吗?
Really?
他说不上是专家,但画风有其独特之处
Not that he was professional, but he did have something.
他曾提到放在车♥库♥橱柜里的画
He mentioned some paintings in a cupboard out in the garage.
所以我来这儿…
That's the reason l...
我在想是否能留一幅作纪念
Well, I was wondering if I might pick one up as a memento.
很抱歉,但车♥库♥已经清理干净
I'm sorry, but the garage has been cleaned out.
你把东西都扔了
You threw them away.
不,不完全是
No, not exactly.
你的房♥子很漂亮
You have a lovely place here.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
这是书房♥,是吧? - 嗯,这是…
This was the study, wasn't it? - Yes, it was...
你怎么知道?
How did you know?
你丈夫常谈到这房♥子…
Your husband talked a lot about this house...
还有他的家人
about his family.
很抱歉
I'm sorry.
我不是故意提起伤心事
I didn't mean to stir up painful memories.
不是这样,就是…
No, it's not that. It's just that...
我不是很了解亚瑟
I never knew Arthur to do that very much.
你是什么意思?
How do you mean?
这个说来有点无聊 - 不,请说
I don't want to bore you. - No, please.
我想知道
I'd like to know.
我认识他时间不长
You see, I knew him only for a short while.
但我真的很想知道
I'd really like to know.
不仅是好奇
It's not just curiosity.
我们在艺术方面有共同兴趣
We shared an interest in art.
上次我见到他,我画了些素描
The last time I saw him, I did some sketches.
现在我开始绘画…
Now I'd like to do a painting...
但我只有一些脸部的线条…记忆
but all I have are lines... a face.
你想画遗像?
Posthumous portraiture?
我不是开玩笑
I'm not joking.
不,当然不是,很抱歉
No, of course you're not. I'm sorry.
你给我出了个难题
You've set me quite a task.
他是一个很安静的人,我印象最深刻的就是他的沉默
He was a quiet man. The thing I most remember him for were his silences.
就像…
It was...
他好像在倾听着…
as if he were always listening to something inside...
内心的声音
some voice.
他从未说过,所以我也不清楚是什么
He never talked about it, so I never knew what it was.
但他是一个好人…
He was a good man...
但他就像一个陌生人
but he lived as if he were a stranger here.
他从不让任何东西碰他
He never let anything touch him.
他对事物很沉迷,特别是对他的工作
He became absorbed in things, his job mostly.
工作认真
He worked hard.
越来越投入…
He became more detached and...
每当看着他的眼睛,好像他想要…
Always a look around his eyes as if he were...
表达什么似的
trying to say something.
可我不知道是什么
I don't know what.
与他的生活抗争?
Protest against what he'd surrendered his life to?
他想要什么我无从知道…
I never knew what he wanted...
我想他自已都不清楚
and I don't think he ever knew.
他不遗余力地争取想要的东西…
He fought so hard for what he'd been taught to want...