有许多朋友
We have friends.
那有差别吗?
Anything at all?
其实…
Guess I...
我之前没多想
never thought much about it before.
我放手让艾米丽做她想做的…
I leave Emily pretty much alone to do what she...
我说了我们相敬如宾
We get along, as I said.
几乎不吵架
We hardly ever quarrel.
并不是说…
Not that that's any...
我们的生活都这样
measure of our lives.
坦白说…
Frankly...
过去几年,我们…
during the last few years, we...
几乎没有…
hardly ever...
从未…
ever...
我…我不知为何要告诉你这些
l... I don't know why I'm telling you this.
因为你想告诉我,继续说
Because you want to. Go on.
没…
Ever...
没有…
ever...
太多的亲密
show much affection.
但我说了…
But as I said...
船
Boat.
还有…
And...
所以你实现了童年梦想
So this is what happens to the dreams of youth.
继续说,孩子,都发泄出来
Go on, son. Let it out.
不用感到羞愧
Nothing to be ashamed of.
说出来
Let it out.
是时候改变了
Time for a change.
看,她们都被照顾得很好
Now, look. They'll both be well taken care of.
她们不需要你,你也不需要她们
They don't need you, and you don't need them.
你们对彼此没有帮助
You just can't help each other anymore.
孩子,你知道我说的没错
Now, look, son. You know what I'm saying is true.
什么都没有了
There's nothing anymore.
你现在需要的就是休息
What you need now is a good rest.
本来今早有一些东西要处理…
A few things to be worked out in the morning...
不过我手下已经搞定,你不用操心
but my boys will clear those up, and you needn't worry none.
你的手下?
Your boys?
你是主管?
You're the head of it all?
好男人都需经历痛苦的内心挣扎
There never was a struggle in the soul of a good man that wasn't hard.
这是我父亲说的…
My papa told me that...
很有道理
and it's sure enough true.
相信我,孩子,我懂的
Believe me, son. I know.
我相信你
I believe you.
很好
That's fine.
著名银行家亚瑟·汉密尔顿因火灾死于酒店房♥间
威尔逊先生,这是您的转折点
You know, Mr. Wilson, you represent something of a milestone around here.
当拆下绷带后…
When the bandages are removed...
我想您不只是高兴
I think you'll be more than pleased.
您会像种牛一样很兴奋
In fact, I expect you to be prancing around here like a stud bull.
但需时会久一点,请您耐心等待…
Now, it's gonna take a while, so try to be patient...
直到世界展现在您面前
until we get you ready for the world again.
不要这么做!
Now, don't do that!
不要说话,因为我们把你的牙都拔了…
You can't talk because we've extracted all your teeth...
给您做了声带手术
and given you a complete vocal cord resection.
声带组织聚拢起来需要时间
Give the tissues time to pull together.
这样您就会拥有一套新的坚固牙齿
Now, you got a new set of permanent teeth.
一周内您就不会感到差异,谢谢
In a week, you won't know the difference. Thank you.
所以这是现在最痛苦的
That's what hurts the most right now.
所有都变了
Everything's different.
第一步修复完成后,我们会进行肌肉调试
When the first healing's over, we'll start conditioning for muscle tone.
对对,还有那些
Yes, yes. Those too.
指纹
Fingerprints.
还有您的签名
Even your signature.
先从手掌张力韧带开始
Little thing we did with the tensor ligaments of the hand.
口轮匝肌开始下垂,我们再用韧带把它拉紧
The orbicularis oris started to sag, so we tightened them with ligatures.
对
Yeah.
接着从下颚开始磨平骨头
Then we worked on the mandible to square up the bone.
我从未试过
Well, I never.
天哪,真不知道你们怎么做到的
Holy mackerel, I don't know how you boys do it.
医生,这简直是杰作
Doc, it's a masterpiece.
干得漂亮
Good work.
慢慢来,会好起来的,孩子
Easy does it. You'll be all right, son.
这些疤痕和血肿几周后会消失
Your scars and hematomas will disappear in a couple of weeks.
加上几个月的体质锻炼…
After several months of physical conditioning...
整个程序就完成了
the process will be complete.
我叫达瓦罗,您的顾问
My name is Davalo. I'm your guidance advisor.
这是关于您未来职业的
This is about your future career.
我恐怕还没想那么远
I'm afraid I haven't thought very much about that.
是的,先生,请允许我
Oh, yes, you have, sir. Permit me.
我想要一个球,又大又红的
I want a ball, a big red one.
唔
Whoops.
我们好像录得太早了
I'm afraid we picked this up a little too early.
请坐,我们记录这些退化…
Sit down. We recorded these regressions...
在麻醉剂和安钠咖作用下
under pentothal and caffeine sodium benzoate.
起初有点像小孩…
At first, there's always a touch of the infantile...
后来渐渐有更成熟的…
but later on, we progress to a more mature...
面部表情
expressional infrastructure.
行了
Ah, here we are.
你最想做的是什么?
What would you like to do most of all?
无论什么事情?
Of anything in the whole world?
我想成为一个网球职业选手
I'd like to be a tennis pro, I guess.
对,这是我最想做的
Yes. That's what I'd like best of all.
假设这无法实现?
And suppose you couldn't be?
你的第二选择是什么?
What else would you choose?
那可能跟画画有关吧 - 绘画?
I guess I'd like to paint stuff. - Pictures?
绘画之类的
Pictures and things.
我想您的创作愿望模式已经不言而喻
Well, I think the creative wish pattern is pretty self-evident.
你想说我该…成为一个画家?
You mean, l... I ought to be a painter?
没错!
Exactly!
绘画能让你发挥创造力…
You see, painting allows you a basic creative outlet...
同时又让你的感情得以宣泄
as well as an environment in which these sublimations will have free vent.
现在来看看我们为您规划的蓝图
Now, let's take a look at the program we've worked out for you.
学历背景
Certificates of study.
海外游学
Abroad.
曾举办六次个人作品展
Notices of first six one-man shows.
你的画风属于现实流派…
Your pictures are realistic in treatment...
但在主题选择上充满诗意
but deal with poetic imagery in choice of subject.
我不是要假装画评人
Not that I pretend to be a critic of painting.
这些证书…
These diplomas...
都来自名牌大学…
from reputable universities...
不可能是伪造的
They can't be forged.
我向你保证,每一个都是真实有效的
I assure you, every item is bona fide and valid.
但我怎么可能达到这么高的级别?
How could I even approach such a professional level?
很简单,您已经拥有一定的荣誉地位
Simple. You are already established in a position of some dignity.
但并非享誉盛名,只是小有名气
Nothing conspicuous. Just a solid, mildly successful sort of thing.
你将定期收到一些新的画作
You will be supplied with fresh paintings periodically.
在此期间你将形成你自已的风格
In time, you'll perfect your own style.
超现实,朴实,印象主义等等
Surreal, primitive, impressionistic, whatever.
从现在开始转变
It will be a transition from this present work.
看,你不再需要证明自已
You see, you don't have to prove anything anymore.
你已经被接受了
You are accepted.
从此开启人生新里程
You will be in your own new dimension.
你是单身汉
You're a bachelor.
出生证明,独生子…
Birth certificate. The only son...
父母双亡等等
of deceased parents, and so forth.
简而言之…
In short...
你是孤身一人…
you are alone in the world...
无牵无挂…
absolved of all responsibility...
一切都只与你自已有关
except to your own interest.
不是很美妙吗?
Isn't that marvelous?
你的画室在加州的马里布
Your studio is in Malibu, California.
装饰豪华又隐秘
Quite luxurious, very private.
你可以以自已的方式来调节…