都不记得还有你这号♥人
I don't remember you.
重要吗? - 不重要
Does it matter? - No.
挺识相的 霍夫曼
Smart decision, Hoffman.
我看你 挺普通的
I look at you, and you seem almost normal.
有点趾高气昂 但普通
Arrogant but normal.
本以为能见到邪恶的真面目
I thought I'd get to see what evil really looked like...
结果你和普通人没什么两样
but you just look like everyone else.
说完了吧?我可以走了吧?
Is that it? Can I go now?
我拿走的全都在这儿了
This is everything that I took from you.
我的代理会留一份用作保险
My representatives will keep one safety copy.
要是那帮打手还跟着我
If your thugs follow me out of here,
要是我出了事
if anything happens to me,
备份就会交给警方
that copy goes to law enforcement...
我懂 我懂
I know how this works.
还得拍张照
I need to take a picture.
合影
Of us.
来 老朋友
Two old buddies.
可得裱起来
Hope you frame it.
祝你一帆风顺
Good luck with your new life,
霍夫曼先生
Mr. Hoffman.
多谢等候
Thanks for waiting.
往上城开 等会儿告诉你在哪儿下
Uptown, please. I'll tell you where in a minute.
专属答录信箱 信箱482
Special answering service, inbox 482.
一条新留言
One new message.
那份报告拿回了
We have the report back.
你的款也付清了
You've been paid for your services.
只要霍夫曼守约 事情就到此为止
As long as Hoffman sticks to his side of the deal, we're done.
顺便转达下我老板的问候
And by the way, a message from my boss.
你个寄生的渣虫
You're parasitic scum.
我是霍夫曼
Hoffman here.
昨晚和他见面了 我已按指示交还文件
He showed last night. I handed over the documents
还坐火车去了波基普西
and took the train to Poughkeepsie as instructed.
希望你那份备份
I hope the safety copy is enough
能让奥蒂莫制药别再来找咱们麻烦
to keep Optimo off my back and yours.
你的那半已经寄了
I sent the other half of the money to the address you provided.
没想到和解款这么多
I wasn't expecting so much myself.
我还以为他们该付给你的钱也给我了 谢谢了
I thought that would go for your fee. Thank you.
他们真会守约吗?
Are they gonna play fair?
格兰特女士
Ms. Grant?
你好 我是朱莉
Hi. I'm Julie.
你好 - 莫雷尔律师现在可以见您了
Hi. - Mr. Morel will see you now.
谢谢
Thank you.
我在团队里
I was in a team,
负责用精确育种
uh, developing a new wheat strain
开♥发♥一种抗虫害的新小麦品种
resistant to insect predation through precision breeding.
有点像基因改造
It's... It's like genetic modification,
不过是靠自然杂交
only it's using natural processes,
所以不受那类严格监管
so it's not subject to the same tight regulation.
总之
Anyway.
我们进展不错
We were making progress,
但后来发现其对人类食物链可能有害
but we were noticing possible human food-chain issues.
有封邮件抄送给我
Um, and then I was CC'ed on an e-mail chain
附件里有一份食品安全评估
where one of the attachments was a food safety assessment
指出产品有明显的不良反应
showing significant side effects.
我向高层反映后
When I raised this issue with senior management,
他们说我理解错了
um, they told me that I'd seen the data out of context
叫我别担心
and not to worry.
但很快我被调走了
But then, um, soon, I was transferred
调到曼哈顿来了
to another department here in Manhattan.
做文职和数据工作
Office work, data assessment.
两个月后
Um, and then, two months later,
因为小小的打卡疏忽 他们就把我开了
I was dismissed on a minor time card violation,
现在还对我不断地骚扰
and now I'm being subjected to escalating harassment.
呃...
Uh...
深表同情 格兰特女士
I'm sorry to hear that, Ms. Grant.
他们为什么这样对您?
Why do you think this is happening?
我觉得...
I felt, um...
我觉得有责任把那份评估报告带走留证
Well, I felt I had a duty to take a copy of the food safety assessment as evidence.
您从前雇主那偷了文件?
You stole documents from your former employers?
偷? 这能叫偷?
Is that... Is that stealing?
请问为什么找我们律所处理?
May I ask why you decided to discuss this issue with our firm?
有人介绍的
I followed a recommendation.
请问谁介绍的?
May I ask from whom?
一个朋友 不方便透露
A friend. It wouldn't be appropriate to say who.
格兰特女士 可以理解您的初衷
Ms. Grant, I commend you on your intentions here,
但我们早已不接这类案子
but we're no longer looking for this type of business.
有很多更专业的机构 能帮助您揭发内♥幕♥
Uh, there are a number of highly regarded whistleblower support organizations
非常专业...
much better prepared...
不 我不是要揭发
No. It's not whistle blowing support I need.
恰恰相反
It's the opposite.
我只想把文件都还回去
I just want to give everything back
保证守口如瓶 回到正常生活
and promise to keep my mouth shut and get on with my life.
请帮帮我 帮帮我
Please. Please.
有谁能帮我吗?
Is there anyone who can help me?
可以找正规的专业机构 但...
Well, as I said, there are official channels, but, uh...
好吧...
Look, um...
我们也会把人介绍给非正式渠道
There are unofficial ones we've referred people to in the past.
给您这个号♥码 也许能帮上忙
Just take this number, and maybe they can help you.
这是谁?
Who is he?
没见过他 也可能是她 或者一群人
I've never met him, or her or they.
匿名才是重点 那只是个传话服务
That's kind of the point. It's a messaging service.
他们会回电
They call you back...
也可能不回
or they don't.
把实情电♥话♥里讲清楚
Just be honest about your situation.
都准备好了
You are all set.
楼下大堂24小时有人 有需要随时打电♥话♥
The lobby's attended 24 hours a day. Call if you need anything.
多谢这么快就安排好了
Thanks for doing this on short notice.
该做的 住得舒心
That's what we do. Enjoy your stay.
大家好 我叫沃什 我有酒瘾
Hey, I'm Wash, and I'm an alcoholic.
你好 沃什 - 欢迎你
Hi, Wash. - Hi, Wash.
我戒酒已有九年零九个月了
I've been sober nine years, nine months.
但...
And...
但最近特难熬
It's been even more of a struggle recently
老诱因又来了
because there's why I drank in the first place,
加上工作中乱七八糟的事
and then there's me doing what I do.
毕竟我以当警♥察♥为荣
'Cause I'm proud of serving on the force.
我也尽量按规矩办事
And I stay on the up and up.
差不多是这样
Pretty much.
但...
But, um...
我每天看到同事们那样做事儿...
What I see on the daily, amongst my fellow officers...
真 真无语
I... I... I don't know.
两条新留言
Two new messages.
“我是霍夫曼 一切安好”
Hoffman here. All right.
“我叫莎拉·格兰特
My name is Sarah Grant.
“曾在一家生物科技公♥司♥任职科学家
Um, I was a scientist working at a bio tech company,
“是赛博育种
Cybo Sementis.
“我 我手里有些资料
I... I'm in possession of materials
“能证明他们掩盖违法行为
which are evidence of an unlawful cover-up.
“我本来想公之于众 现在反悔了
I was gonna go public, but I changed my mind.
“告诉我该怎么办 我会全力配合
I don't know how this works, but I'll do whatever is necessary.
“我的电♥话♥是693-824-4011”
My number is 693-824-4011.
我们很荣幸获得兰辛奖
We are delighted to be the recipients of the Lansing Award.
这项研究有望大幅提升粮食产量
This research has the potential to revolutionize grain yields,
对发展中国家意义重大
particularly in developing countries, where they need it,
还能减少农药使用
lowering reliance on pesticides.
有了这笔资助
And with this grant,
真心希望能创造价值
we really hope to make a difference.
您好 这是大都会传呼中心
Hello. This is the Tri-State Relay Service.
嗯 请讲
Yes. Hello.
某人使用传呼跟您通话
A person is calling through relay service.