Did you see him today? No.
今天你看到他了吗? 没有
I did. I saw him this afternoon...
我看到了 今天下午
around 6:00.
大概6点钟
Are you sure you didn't see him when we drove past?
你肯定在我们超车的时候 没看到他?
No, what?
是的 怎么了?
I'm positive this afternoon he was cleanshaven. I know he was.
我肯定他在下午 是刮干净胡子的
He was ready to go to some function with his wife.
他准备跟他老婆出去
He looks like he's got a two orthreeday growth now.
现在他看来已经留了胡子 两三天
Are you sure? No, I'm not sure, but I think so.
你肯定吗? 我不肯定 我认为是这样
Rachel. This is Abe. Did I wake you up?
蕾切尔 我是埃布尔 我吵醒你了吗?
Can I get your dad's number from you real quick?
能给我你♥爸♥爸的电♥话♥吗?
Yeah. Okay, go ahead.
好的 说吧
Yeah, thanks. What's he doing?
好 谢谢 他在干什么?
He's just sitting there.
只是坐在那里
He got out for a second and I thought he was coming over...
他出来了 我认为他就要…
and then he got back in the car. I think he's drunk.
回到车上 他应该喝醉了
Hi, sorry to call so late.
嗨 抱歉这么晚来电
May I speak to thomas Granger, please?
请问托马斯 格兰在吗?
Yeah, this is James Miller from Putney and Myers.
是的 我是P&M公♥司♥的 詹姆斯 米勒
Hi, Mr. Granger?
你好 格兰先生吗?
Thomas Granger?
托马斯 格兰?
What are you doing here? Come here!
你在干什么?过来!
What happened?
怎么了?
I'm okay. I slipped.
我滑倒了 没事
I want to know what box he used. You built one foryou, right? Just one.
我要知道他使用了哪个箱子 你为自己做了一个?就一个?
Yeah. How many do you think I made?
是的 你以为我会做多少个?
These are set right. I turned them on at 5:00.
已经设置好5点钟启动
He could have used one and gone back to 5:00.
他可以用了一个 然后回到5点钟
He could be in one of them right now.
他可能已经在其中一个里面
I say we shut them off and see if he's in there.
关掉它们 看看他是否在里面
Were you planning on talking to him?
你打算跟他谈话吗?
Just tell me if you were. I'm not going to be mad.
你这么想的话就告诉我 我不会生气的
No, I promise you. You know I wouldn't.
不 我保证不会
Are you sure you wouldn't?
你真的不会吗?
You're the one he can't get near without passing out.
你是在他昏迷时候 不能靠近的人
There is no way I would tell anyone about this. No way.
我不会告诉任何人 绝对不会
Can you think of any reason you might? No.
你想到你会说的理由吗? 没有
Sometimes we do things but don't know how we got to that point.
我们有时候做事不知道方法
No, I can't. Can't what?
我做不到 做不到什么?
I can't think of any reason why I would.
我想不到我会做的理由
Well, I can't either.
那我也想不到
What if it was an emergency?
如果是一件急事呢?
So you'd do it if it was an emergency? No, I don't know. What, so you might then?
如果是急事你就会做? 不 那么你会做吗?
I don't know. What kind of emergency?
我不知道 是什么急事?
The permutations were endless.
这些排列是无穷的
They tried again going to the source...
他们试图找到来源…
but even while keeping him separated from Abe by two rooms...
但只会被分隔在两件房♥间
Ask him his name.
问问他的名字
...Granger's condition could only be described as vegetative.
格兰的情况只能描述为植物人
What did he say?
他说了什么?
From this they deduced that the problem was recursive...
因此他们推断 问题是递归的…
but beyond that, found themseIves admitting, against their own nature...
但他们承认这是违背 他们的本性
and once again, that the answer was unknowable.
而且答案再一次不为人知
What do you think he changed? Not much.
你认为他改变了吗? 没多少
We didn't have any contact with him in the 3 hours he could've done anything.
我们3小时没联♥系♥他 他可能作出任何事情
I know he changed this. I know we weren't having this conversation the first time...
我知道他改变了这个 我们并非第一次交谈
so you don't know what we lost.
你并不知道我们失去了什么
It really could not have been much.
真的不会改变很多
It doesn't matter how much. It just matters that it's changed.
程度并不关键 关键是有所改变
I know what you're saying.
我知道你在说什么
The question should have been...
这问题一直是…
what to do with the comatose man in the guest bedroom.
与昏睡在客厅的人有关
But in Abe's mind he was already compiling the list.
但埃布尔的主意已经成形
Two mg of oral triazolam...
2毫克三♥唑♥仑♥
every seven hours induces a safe sleep state and a minimal metabolic rate.
每7小时进入睡眠状态
At this continued state of rest...
在这持续休眠状态下…
the human body breathes 0.3 liters of oxygen a minute...
人体每分钟呼吸0 3升氧气
or roughly 2,000 liters in four days.
4天大概就是2000升
A Class e oxygen tank holds 625 liters.
E级氧气罐的容量是625升
To maintain hydration...
为了维持水合作用…
the body cycles through a minimum of two-anda-half liters of water per day.
人体每天要循环2 5升水
Any food would be a luxury...
食物将会是一种奢侈
but the small tank of medical grade nitrous oxide...
但小量的一氧化二氮(笑气)…
would be needed on the other side.
将有派上用场的时候
Past the room that contained their machines and up two IeveIs...
穿过摆放箱子的地方 再走上两层…
he made his way to another room...
他来到另一间房♥
where he had stored what I will refer to from here on as the Failsafe Machine.
他就在那里存放 安全自保式电动执行机
There he is. I've been calling you all morning.
你终于来了 我打电♥话♥找了你一个早上
Really?
是吗?
Your cell and work.
你的手♥机♥和工作电♥话♥
I'm not there.
我不在
Really?
是吗?
I don't even know what.
我甚至不知道
I'm just tired.
我只是有些疲倦
I hope you're not implying that any day is unimportant at Cortex Semi.
希望你不是暗示 在科特斯公♥司♥的日子
I was going to come give you this big speech about how we've been...
我本来准备给你做个演说 关于我们…
friends for a long time and built up trust, that whole thing.
一直以来建立的友谊和信任
But how about this instead?
但这个又如何?
If you ditch work this afternoon and promise to do the few small things I ask you...
如果你下午去做那几件小事…
I will in return show you the most impoRTant thing...
我会给你看看最重要的东西 作为回报
that any living organism has ever witnessed.
其实任何生物都在作证
At this point there would have been some discussion.
现在应该有了决定
Abe would, of course, want to know how.
埃布尔当然想知道怎样
Aaron would have to explain all about the storage manifest...
亚伦会解释 那是存货单
and how it showed two rooms under the name Abram terger.
还有这两个房♥间如何以 埃布尔 特格的名登记
Then Abe would need to know how.
埃布尔会想知道怎样
Aaron would explain that when he went up there...
亚伦会解释 当他来到这里的时候…
and found the Failsafe running...
发现机器正在运作
he knew exactly what it was.
他很清楚那是什么
But Abe would ask how.
但埃布尔会问怎样
And then the bit about the modular design of the coffins...
还有那棺材的设计…
and how it meant he could fold one up and take it back inside another.
和他是怎样进入其中一个里面
They are not one-time use only.
它们并不是一次性使用的
They are recyclable, Aaron would say.
亚伦会说 那些是循环使用的
How, Abe would ask.
埃布尔会问怎样
And Aaron would describe how simple things become...
亚伦会描述这些事情 有多么简单
when you know precisely what someone will have for breakfast...
就是知道某人会吃什么早餐…
even in a world of tamperproof lids.
即使在一个乱摆放食物的地方
How?
怎样?
And that's where I would have entered the story.
我就在那里进入这故事
Or exited, depending on your reference.
根据你的参考 或者是变得兴奋
Because when Aaron came back the second time, it wasn't so easy.
因为亚伦第二次回来的时候 事情并不好
He wasn't expecting me to put up a fight.
他并没料到我会惹起争执
And by that time, he was too exhausted to take me.
那时他过于疲惫 没时间应付我
But for reasons that are only evident to me now...
但现在让我明显觉得…
I understood that he simply wanted it more.
我明白他为何还想要更多
That he just had more invested. So I Ieft.
只因为他投资了更多 于是我离开了
He had already performed the task, as I had intended to...
他已经完成了任务
of recording the conversations of the day just in case.
就如我一直做录音 以防万一
Through that earpiece he had a three-second Iead on the world.
在这耳机里 他会得到3秒钟的提示
Aaron, you need some sleep. Some real sleep.
亚伦 你真的要休息一下
I can't. I've got a schedule.
不行 我有很多事情要做
He had but to speak aloud the words that came into his head...
他只需说出那些大脑里 出现的话
and those around him would fall in line.
其它人的对白就会自动配合
This is track 3.
这是第三段录音
Abe is bringing my car around and I am on my way to the couRT.
埃布尔把我的车带来了 我将要去球场
I'll see Will there.
我去那里找威尔
I'll invite him to the paRTy and make sure he's bringing RacheI's boyfriend.
我要邀请他参加派对 并确保他带上蕾切尔的男友
Will.
威尔
You pretentious prick.
你这家伙