Here's what's going to happen. I'm going to read this...
接下来 我将读一段话
and you're going to listen, and you're going to stay on the line.
你们要留心听 不要挂电♥话♥
You're not going to interrupt. You're not going to speak for any reason.
你们不要插嘴 不能以任何理由发言
Now, some of this you know. I'm going to start at the top of the page.
我想从页面顶端开始读
Meticulous, yes. Methodical. educated.
他们是非常谨慎 非常细心…
They were these things.
非常有教养的人
Nothing extreme. Like anyone, they varied.
他们像普通人一样 并不是极端分子
There were days of mistakes and laziness and infighting.
他们也曾犯错 也曾偷懒 也曾内讧
And there were days, good days, when by anyone's judgment...
在他们顺利的日子里
they would have to be considered clever.
人们会觉得他们很聪明
No one would say that what they were doing was complicated.
没人觉得他们做的事情很复杂
It wouldn't even be considered new. except maybe in the geological sense.
也没人觉得他们做的事情很新潮
They took from their surroundings what was needed...
他们从自己周围获取所需
and made of it something more.
回馈更多的东西
We haven't even set up an appointment. What order date did you put on this?
我们还没约好呢 你贴了哪个订单日期在上面?
The 28th. Why? I don't know... Yeah, I'm putting 28th.
28号♥ 怎么了? 我不知道 好吧 我贴28号♥吧
Have you thought any more about what you want to put forward?
你想过你还要提出些什么主意吗?
Not really. Because I was
还没呢 因为我…
I mean I haven't changed my mind or anything.
我没有改变主意
Phillip and I were talking, and we think it could be good. It'd be fun.
我和菲利普谈了 我们觉得会挺好玩的
Nobody's saying it wouldn't be fun.
没人说它不好玩
The time for jacking around with tesla coils and ball lightning in the garage is over.
在车♥库♥里摆弄线圈和球状闪电的日子结束了
Maybe you should try it on your own in yourfree time.
也许你有空的时候自己尝试吧
My free time? The free time afterthe 50 hours a week at work...
我有空的时候?我在那车♥库♥ 每周工作50个小时
or afterthe 30 hours of free time I already spend in that garage?
连30小时的空闲时间 也在车♥库♥里虚度
And it's not a tesla coil.
这不是线圈问题
I could save a few minutes a day by eating on the toilet.
我可以在厕所吃饭 这样每天能省下几分钟
How many patents do we have? In the last 14 months?
我们拿了多少项专利? 在过去14个月里?
Did you sign the agreement? Nobody signed the agreement.
你签合约了吗? 没人签约
Doesn't matter, we're sticking to the agreement.
没关系 我们继续为签约努力吧
Name one thing out of that garage that's remotely profitable.
那车♥库♥里有哪一样东西 是可能赚钱的?
I don't see anybody quitting their jobs because of it. Are you?
我没看到谁要因此辞职 你呢?
Abe just means that right now the JtAG cards are it.
埃布尔说的是互联测试卡
When you look at the addresses, we have a lot of apartments. A lot of residences.
拿起黄页随便翻一下 就能看到很多家庭电♥话♥
But these are not the bulk orders to the OeMs or retail giants.
但这些不是贴牌生产和 零售巨头的大宗订单
These are the quiet basement Hackers.
只是基础用户 黑客
Yeah, hacker wannabes testing their dads' old motherboards.
是的 黑客们 在测试他们老爸的旧主板
And I know that a lot of that is my fault, admittedly, you know.
我承认 这大部分都是我的错
With everything last year, and the doubletalk we were getting from Platts...
去年我们诸多不顺 我们差点 获得普拉斯公♥司♥双向通话合约
and all the stuff we won't get into now We should get into it.
现在我们很多事情还解决不了 -我们该解决它们
I'm sorry. What?
对不起 什么?
Go ahead. Tell him.
告诉他吧
We should get into it. I talked to my brothertoday.
我们该解决它们 我今天跟哥哥谈过了
He knows of two other cases like that at his firm.
他听说他公♥司♥里也有类似 的两个案例
Let Platts know that we're talking about it. Look, forget Platts.
让普拉斯知道我们在说起他 忘了普拉斯吧
This has got to be about what has the best chance of going to market...
这将成为市场上最好的商机
and what is going to get us VC attention.
我们将吸引到风险投资
Look, I stuck by you guys when it was yourturn.
你们作主的时候 我和你们共同进退
Of what we were doing...
我不能100%肯定我们 现在做的事
or even if I didn't agree, maybe.
即使我不同意
But if it's my turn...
但如果轮到我作主
if we're still playing by the rules, then this is what I want to try.
如果我们仍然按规矩办事 我就想尝试这样
Here, take it. They said it wouldn't hold a freeze.
拿走吧 听说它要冷藏的
Robert, please. It's not going to hold.
罗伯特 一定要冷藏它
It's going to go bad in my car. It'll go bad here. Okay, thanks.
在我车里会变质的 在这里也是变质 好吧 谢了
Good night, all. See you.
大家晚安 再见
We just got done giving this huge speech We gave the speech?
我们刚做完长篇大论 是吗?
We just got done. It was five minutes ago.
我们刚说完 就在五分钟前
I'm the one that forced the issue. They're onto us because I suck as the bad cop.
是我逼大家说的 他们要对付我们因为我很讨厌
You should do it. You could fake it better. I don't know about that.
你该做的 你可以假装得更好 -我不知道
As long as we're going down this road where it's eighth grade physics...
只要我们继续走这条道路
and happy fun time out in that garage, I think we could stand to try this.
继续在那车♥库♥里享受快乐 也许就能尝试这个项目
Phillip and Robert are gung ho on theirs, and that's fine.
菲利普和罗伯特在合作 他们的项目 那样很好
But you know I have no interest in that.
但我对那项目没兴趣
I know you have no interest, besides the fact...
我知道你没兴趣 但事实上…
that Phillip and Robert don't even need us. They just want to use the equipment.
菲利普和罗伯特不需要我们 他们只想使用设备
For what I want to do? We don't need them.
我要做的事情也不需要他们
Not even Phillip, because it doesn't need software.
连菲利普都不需要 因为它不需要软件
Is she asleep? No, and she needs a bath.
她睡了吗? 没有.她要洗个澡
She'll wind up in the closet if I do it. That's fine.
她应该关上厕所门 那很好
You know, even if Robert's okay with it, and he won't be.
即使罗伯特能接受 他也不会的
I don't understand what that thing will do. We'll let them go at it fortwo months.
我不明白那东西有什么用 我们让他们干两个月
They do theirs, we do ours. They said it'd take 14 hours.
他们做他们的 我们做我们的 他们说要14个小时
Don't eat that. Seriously, it's bad.
别吃 说真的 变质了
We threw the first couple of batches out. The filter.
我们把上面那些扔掉了 过滤器坏了
What about crushed?
那我搅碎了再吃
These guys are funded.
这些人获得资助
These guys are... What? Liquid helium. These guys are funded.
这些人什么? 液态氦.这些家伙获得资助
That's what this is.
看看这里
That's the whole difference. That's what the box is.
这就是最大区别 箱子就是这样的
We don't have to play the game where we're going back and forth...
我们不必反复折腾一些 创新方法…
coming up with innovative ways to make it colder and unusable in the process.
反而使它变得更冷 更不可用
Aaron, I need the hexagonal set. This is unmarketable.
亚伦 我需要六角形装置 这东西卖♥♥不出去
By coming at it from the back end, ratherthan changing...
我们反过来处理 而不需改变环境温度
the surrounding temperature, we'll change the level it'll conduct...
那样就能改变它 引导临界温度的水平
the transition temperature. And by bombarding these edges
通过轰击这些边缘…
they're dropping the ceramic, the temperature lower and lower.
他们要减少陶瓷 使温度变得越来越低
It makes the ceramic less resistant and knocks out the interior magnetic field.
降低陶瓷的抵抗力 打破内部磁场
What I'm saying is we drop the box down on it.
我建议我们把箱子放在上面
what's going on inside the ceramic.
关注我们要排除的磁场 用陶瓷里面的变化来排除它
That should change the transition temperature to something we can work with.
那样将改变临界温度 使我们可以操纵
What are we saying that is? Hopefully, near room temperature.
要改到多少度呢? 希望能接近室温
What is that about? The best mathematician is a lazy one?
越简便越好吗?
What did you ask for? I asked. I need the hexagonal set.
你刚才要什么? 我要六角形装置
What did you call it? Just come on.
你把它叫做什么? 先听我说
Are these type One? The superconductors?
这些是一型吗? 超导体?
Yeah, they're type One.
是的 它们是一型的
Is that going to be a problem?
那样有问题吗?
There's plenty lying around at work, but they're all bar coded.
虽然有很多虚假的干扰 但都被标上了条形码
If I have to, I'll buy the kits. What are you doing about the source?
有必要的话 我会买♥♥些工具 你打算怎样处理电源?
What?
什么?
I can get them. You can... Are you sure?
我能搞定 你肯定能搞定?
I thought you didn't like this idea.
我还以为你不喜欢这个方案呢
Buy them if you have to. everything else we can take care of.
有必要的话 就买♥♥吧 我们搞定其它事情
What about the source here?
这里的电源怎么办?
You know that story about how NASA spent millions...
我们知道国家航♥空♥总局 花了数百万美元…
developing this pen that writes in zeroG? Did you ever read that?
研发了这支零重力电笔吗? 你没听说过吗?
And how Russia solved the problem? Yeah, they used a pencil.
俄♥国♥人是怎样解决这个问题的 -他们用铅笔
Right, a normal wooden pencil.
普通的木质铅笔
It just seems like Phillip takes the NASA route almost every time.
菲利普似乎每次 都跟随航♥空♥总局的路线
Palladium? You've got their diagram, what does it say?
钯? 他们的图表上说什么?
They use a ratio of platinum and palladium.
他们用了铂和钯的合金
That's not necessary with the changes I made.
用我的改进方法 就没必要这样做
They're just showing off. If you have it, use it.
他们只是在炫耀 有什么就用什么吧
I want to get a replacement router.
我想搞到一个置换路由器
I'm putting down four ounces of palladium. Did Robert look at it?
我要放下四盎司钯 罗伯特看了吗?
I already got his. I can't fix it.
我已经搞定了 我修不好
Okay. Where are you getting it? WalMart. It's $50.
好吧.你从哪里买♥♥的? 沃尔玛.50块
Okay. Can you get a receipt, please? Yeah.
好吧.记得开收据 好的
Wait, platinum or palladium is less resistant?
等等 铂和钯哪一个更稳定?
Abe? It's not a Yeah, I don't care.
埃布尔?这不是… 我不在乎
So resistance doesn't matter. I need an aye or a yes.
稳定性没关系 我要正面回答
Did you jiggle the the collet nut?
你还要不要… 底座螺母?
Robert did it. Well, yes. I guess.
罗伯特买♥♥了 我想是的
Well, then, which is cheaper? You're not going to buy it, are you?
哪一个更便宜? 你不会买♥♥吧?
Well, unless you've got a few grams of palladium lying around.
除非你已经搞到几克钯了
Why would they put it in there if you didn't need it?
如果你不需要 他们为什么还放在那里?
One catalytic converter. It's fine.
排气净化器 好东西
Rememberto put it back.
记得放回去 你的发热量上升到300%了
Is there enough in here? Yeah, should be.
这里足够吗? 应该够