If not, we'll pull the one out of my truck. Okay, coppertubing.
如果不够 我就把我车里 那个也拿出来 好吧 铜管
This will be out of commission, right? Without the tubing?
这冰箱报废了吗? 没有制冷管?
We can use the Freon, too. No, it's going to be room temperature.
我们还可以用里面的氟利昂 不 要用室温
I know, just in case.
我知道 只是以防万一
No, wait. Stop. I'll just buy the tubing. This isn't saving us money.
不 等等 我去买♥♥管子吧 这样不能省钱
Jay? Hey, man. How are you? Good.
杰?你好吗? 很好
Should we be wearing goggles?
我们要戴上眼镜吗?
Should we be wearing goggles? What?
我们要戴上眼镜吗? 什么?
Goggles. Should we be wearing goggles?
眼镜 我们要戴上眼镜吗?
Wait. Phillip, you don't want to come out here.
等等 菲利普 你不想出来的
Phillip, grab a mask, okay?
菲利普 戴上口罩
It is, though, right? It's not just me?
大家都觉得很困难吧? 不只是我吧?
No, it's definitely smaller, but it just seems that way. Take what they have.
不 这绝对小一点 但看上去就是那样子
Minus the coolant which we don't need.
减去我们不需要的制冷剂
The rest of it is the mercury bath...
剩下的就是水银
which you would know betterthan I do, but they're probably just showing off.
你可能比我更了解 但他们可能只是在炫耀
I mean, you have it, you got to use it, right?
有什么就用什么吧
What? Does it hurt? No, I didn't feel anything.
什么?疼吗? 不疼 我没有感觉
That sound is just weirding me out.
那声音把我烦死了
What does it feel like? I don't know.
感觉怎么样? 不知道
I don't know if I'm making it up.
我不知道我能不能搞定
Here.
给你
Next part. Let's do the next part. Yeah.
做下一部分吧 好的
Isn't there some sort of glass or a transparent...
没有类似玻璃的透明物体吗?
Anything we can use as a window? Pyrex?
我们能用什么来做窗口? 耐热玻璃?
Yeah, I'm in. Okay, drop it.
是的 进去了 好的 放下吧
I don't know of anything that won't leave a gap in the field.
不知有什么东西可以 不在磁场中间留下空隙
But we got to see what's going on in there.
但我们要看看里面怎么样
How much did that cost? Yeah.
花了多少钱? 是啊
What? You want to put my camcorder...
什么? 你想把我的便携摄像机…
inside the box that's so dangerous we can't look into it.
放在那箱子里 箱子太危险了 我们不能看到里面
If something happens, would you pay me back?
如果出事了 你会赔偿我的损失吗?
So we have a slightly negative pressure in the box.
[伊米巴设备公♥司♥的财产] 我们在箱子里加入负气压
So we're ready forthe argon.
我们准备好充入氩气了
Which one is that? It's the blue one.
是哪一个? 蓝色那个
I weighed it at 77 grams.
我量了77克
I set the scale to decagrams, though.
我把比例设在10克
I'm showing 7.7 decagrams.
这里显示7 7克
Ready for...
准备…
0.05 liters of argon.
0 05升氩气
You ready? Just the plate first, right?
准备好了吗? 先把盘子放进去 对吗?
Right, first just the plate, and then we'II...
对 先把盘子放进去 然后我们…
Let's just give it a second.
稍等一会儿
You want to do the box now? Yeah.
现在你想测试箱子吗? 是的
Let's go through the checklist. Aaron, hold on a second.
我们再检查一次清单 亚伦 等等
Let's make sure everything's set up right. Hold on, Aaron. Wait.
先确保一切都正确设置好 等等 亚伦
Just wait.
先等等
Okay.
行了
Anything?
怎么样?
Is this normal? I don't know.
这样正常吗? 不知道
I'm turning it off.
我要关掉它了 等等!别关
Okay, I didn't do that. Did we blow something?
好吧 不是我♥干♥的 我们搞坏什么了吗?
Yeah, we did. That's destroyed.
是的 坏掉了
You want to check your camera? Yeah.
要检查你的摄像机吗? 好的
Let's get this. You ready?
打开吧 好了吗?
One, two, three.
1 2 3
Yeah, I'm hungry. What...
是的 我饿了 什么…
Abe, it's 7:00. Abe, it's 7:00 at night.
埃布尔 7点钟了 埃布尔 晚上7点钟了
Okay, yeah, I have food
好的 我有东西吃 好的
Wait, are those kids there? Just a sec.
等等.孩子们在吗? 等等
Yeah, they're here.
是的 他们在
Okay, screw that, Iet's just go somewhere. I just pulled in, so come on down.
好吧 我们找地方吃饭去 我刚路过 快下来吧
Come up first. I have some stuff I want to take back to the shop.
先上来 我有些东西想拿回店子
All right, but meet me at the door.
好吧 在门口等我
Okay, all right. Seriously, meet me at the door.
好的 说真的 在门口等我
Okay. All right. See you.
好的 再见
What's up, Abe? Hey, brad. How are you?
怎么了 埃布尔? 嘿 布拉德.你好?
Good.
很好
How long did he say he would be there? Not long.
他说他要在那里多久? 没多久
If he's got problems, he's got to fix them. You're not his dad.
如果他有麻烦 就得自己解决 你不是他爸爸
I know. Ljust thought it would be good to do something charitable.
我知道 我只是想做点善事
It definitely is charity. At least you admit that.
这绝对是善事 至少你承认
You feel like a steak? To eat.
想吃牛排吗?
I don't want a steak. Let's just grab some tacos on the way to the shop.
我不要牛排 我们去店子途中 买♥♥点玉米卷吧
I have some stuff I want to try out. Okay.
我想试试别的东西 好吧
We can get some tacos on the way, or we can get a steak afterwards.
我们可以在路上买♥♥玉米卷 或者以后再买♥♥牛排
What are you talking about? I'm not paying for a steak.
你在想什么?我才不买♥♥牛排
It's stable?
机器稳定吗?
Aaron, it's stable?
亚伦 机器稳定吗?
What did you do to this thing? What?
你对这东西做了什么手脚 什么?
It looks like a dog digested it. Okay, that's the plate.
好像被狗咬过似的 好吧 那就是盘子
I rigged this into the box so I could control the feed.
我把它放进箱子里 那样我就能控制输入量
I figured it's the easiest way It's just controlling the box.
我想这是最简单的办法 只是控制箱子
The plate stays the same. What you do is you gradually feed it.
盘子还是一样的 你只是逐渐填充
Okay. You hearthat? How it's...
好吧 听到了吗?怎么…
See, I'm not touching it anymore. It's growing with its own momentum.
我不再碰它了 它用自己的动力在增长
It's like a feedback loop, and it just regulates itself.
就像个回馈环 它在自己调节
And what you do is when it gets there, you bring it back...
你只需在它达到那个状态时 就把它拉回来
and there you go, it coasts. It's stable. It stays like that.
你一放手 它就自己运动 这机器很稳定
So it works?
这样行吗?
Yeah, it does. What is that, like 10%%?
是的 那是什么 10%吗?
It knocks another couple of points by the time it reaches the peak.
它到达峰值时 会再增加几个百分点
You may want to come over here and take a look at this.
你过来看看这里
Okay, what am I looking at?
好吧 我要看什么?
What are we pulling out of the batteries? Probably 24 volts.
我们把电池设置在多少伏? 可能24伏吧
I mean, no more than that, right? Okay.
不能再高了 对吗? 好的
So your meter's jacked up.
你的电表上升了
That's what I figured. So I tried three others. I got the exact same thing.
我就是这样设想的 我又试验了另外三个 都得到一样的结果
I spent all last night What was it?
我花了整晚 怎么样?
I spent last night and a twohour break just doublechecking everything.
我花了一整个晚上 反复检查一切
There's something wrong here. We're not pulling out more than we're putting in.
这里有点问题 我们释放的比输入的多
Slightly more. Well, yeah, whatever.
稍微多一点 是啊 随便吧
It's not like a volt and a half more than we're putting in.
比我们输入的高了不止1 5伏
It's probably the batteries. They're cheap batteries, not regulated right.
可能是电池问题 这些廉价电池没有准确调节
That is weird, though.
虽然那样很奇怪
You want to see something weirder?
想看看更奇怪的东西吗?
Okay, let's go overthis again. Two batteries, right? 24 volts?
好吧 我们重新开始吧 两块电池 24伏 对吗?
What are we pulling out of this one? Just forfun.
我们把这块电池拔♥出♥来♥好吗? 玩玩而已
Twelve volts.
12伏
How about this one? Should be 12 volts.
这一块呢? 应该是12伏
So, what the hell is this thing?
那这是怎么回事?
It doesn't stay like that.
不应该这样的
No, it winds down in a few minutes. What does that?
它持续了几分钟 什么原因呢?
I don't know. I'll tell them something. I'll tell them we're spraying for bugs.
不知道 我会告诉他们 说我们在喷杀虫水
It should just be a day ortwo, anyways.
应该只需一两天
Unless you want to bring them in. No, they have their work in there, too.
除非你想让他们加入 不 他们也有出力的
If Phillip finds out about that he's going to have to take it apart.
如果让菲利普知道了 他一定会把它拆掉
No. I'm just putting a little tweak on it. Yeah, I know. No, you're right.
不 我只是加了一点扭曲 我知道.你说得对
Abe, it's my garage, okay? It's not like they're paying rent.
埃布尔 这是我的车♥库♥ 他们没有给租金的
There was value in the thing. CIearly. Of that they were ceRTain of.
这东西显然有价值 他们肯定也知道
But what is the application? In a matter of hours...
但它能运用到哪里呢? 在几小时内…
they had pinned it to everything from mass transit to sateIlite launching.
他们就把它吹嘘成万能 从公共交通到发射卫星
Imagining devices the size of jumbo jets.
像大型喷气式飞机那样的设备
everything would be cheaper. It was practical and they knew it.
一切都可以更廉价 他们知道它很实用
But above all that, beyond the positives...
但前提条件是…
they knew that the easiest way to be exploited...
他们知道最简单的赚钱办法…
is to seII something they did not yet understand.
就是把他们还没弄明白的 东西卖♥♥出去
So they kept quiet. The paRTies would continue.
所以他们保持沉默 继续合作
Any biRThday, anniversary, holiday...
所有生日 周年纪念 节日…
maybe some obscure project launch. It didn't matter. Any reason would do.
任何理由都能用于推销