and waited for the machine to cool down. Cool down from my perspective.
等待机器冷却 冷却到我认为安全的水平
It got to a point where it sounded safe to get out...
然后就出去了
but the stopwatch still showed a couple minutes...
但秒表还剩几分钟
so I trusted the math and waited.
所以我继续等
That's not a static shock, Abe. Okay, please stop it.
那不是电击 埃布尔 请停下吧
You got out too soon.
你太早出来了
You have to wait forthe stopwatch so that you know the gain is low enough.
你要等秒表停止 那样你才知道倍率足够低了
So, we're back here?
那我们还要回来吗?
Yeah, we're here. It's 8:50, tuesday morning.
是的 现在是周二早上8:50
All right. Give me a few minutes.
好吧 给我几分钟
From there it was easy. The bulk of the work was done.
从现在开始就变得简单了 大部分工作已经完成
I just Ieft everything the way I found it. I Ieft the machine alone...
我把一切按原样放好 丢下了机器
and didn't turn it off, and just cleared out of there.
没有关闭它 只是离开了那里
So your double would find everything the same later that day and get in the box?
那样你的替身那天就会觉得 一切如初 然后走进箱子里?
Right, but also, I or my double or someone was in the box coming backwards.
没错 但我或我的替身 或者别人还要从箱子里出来
So who knows what that would've done if I'd turned the machine off.
如果我关掉了机器 谁知道会发生什么事情?
Definitely. So, they're one-time use only.
没错 他们只是一次性使用而已
So then, at that moment, since my double was on the way to the hotel in my car...
接着 那时候我的替身 正开着我的车赶去酒店
I had to take a taxi home. But when we go, we'll be able to use your truck.
我要打的回家 但我们离开时 我们就能用你的车子
You have a margin account, right? Yeah. I do now. What are we buying?
我们有个基金账户 对吗? 是的.我们买♥♥哪一个股票?
Good. Today, before 12:30, we'll buy as many shares as we can of RGWU.
好的 今天12:30以前 我们会 尽量多买♥♥卢氏集团的股票
They'll say their earnings that quaRTer are three and a half times consensus...
他们说他们本季度赢利 是去年同期的3 5倍
and the stock will nearly double in afternoon trading.
股价在下午将会翻倍
What do they do? What do you mean?
卢氏集团是做什么的? 什么意思?
What does this company do? Do they make things or
这家公♥司♥做什么的? 他们是制♥造♥商还是…
I don't know. All that matters is the price goes up.
不知道 只要他们的股价上升就行
The volume is so high that the number of shares we trade won't affect the price.
他们的股份太多了 我们 交易的股份不足以影响股价
You really don't know what they do?
你真的不知道他们做什么?
That's why you spoke about a midcap fund, so volume is high enough to hide us.
所以你才选中型基金 股份多得足够隐藏我们
Do you think it's too cautious? I don't know.
你觉得这样太谨慎了吗? 不知道
I know there's a lot of other stocks out there...
我知道还有很多别的股票…
that do a lot more than double, but this is my first day.
上升了不止一倍 但这只是我第一天
My God. She's not going to answer.
天哪 她不会接电♥话♥的
I know, Abe. That's the question.
我知道 埃布尔 那就是问题所在
I know, so what's the answer? You've got the $400 billion...
我知道 但答案是什么? 你赚了4亿美元
you've gone the charity route, you have this perfect 100room mansion...
你捐了一笔钱 买♥♥了100个房♥间的豪♥宅♥
with matching his and heryachts and helicopter pads.
附设豪华游艇和直升飞机坪
Basically, you have absolute impunity to do whateveryou want...
基本上你可以随心所欲 高枕无忧
nobody can touch you.
没人敢碰你
You're back from a twoyear Above the law.
你刚度假回来 凌驾法律
Absolutely, well above. You're fresh back from this twoyear worldgalloping vacation.
没错 凌驾法律 你刚从两年的环球度假回来
How do you fill your day? What do you do?
你怎样打发日子?
Abe, I know that's the question, but it's not a real question, so why does it matter?
埃布尔 我知道那是个问题 但不是真正的问题 所以有什么关系呢
So what's the answer?
那答案是什么?
Babe, he knows that's the question, okay? He's asking you the question.
他知道那是个问题 好吗? 他在问你问题
What do you mean? What would I do with my life or what would I do tomorrow?
什么意思?我想怎样过活 还是我明天想做什么?
My God, either.
都不是
I'd have to do something constructive. I'd have to do something that would help...
我会做些有意义的事情 我会做一些…
something that would make me feel good. I know. That's fantastic. Good.
使自己快乐的事情 我知道.那样太美妙了
My wife. So good. So pure. You are pure. Shut up. Why did you ask, then?
我妻子那么善良 那么纯洁 你真纯洁 闭嘴 那你干嘛还问?
This is what I would do: I would wake up tomorrow morning...
我会这样做:我明早起床
and I'd go overto Gabriel Capital Inc...
然后回到公♥司♥
and I would tell Joseph Platts' receptionist that I'm there to see him...
对普拉斯的前台说我想见他
and when he comes out...
普拉斯一出来…
I would ram my fist through the flat of his nose.
我就一拳揍扁他的鼻梁
Just one good punch, one good pow.
给他狠狠一击
That's amazing. It's about time. That is so great.
太好了 是时候教训他了 那太好了
Where did this come from? You're always defending the guy.
这是从哪里来的? 你总是护着这家伙
It's unnatural. I'd only do it if I knew that...
这很不自然啊 我只在确保没人发现或受损时
no one would find out or get hurt.
才会这样做
Like, I wish that there was a way that I could do it...
希望有办法能让我做了 这件事…
and then I go back and tell myself not to.
然后我回去告诉自己不要做
Because ljust want to know what it feels like. That's all, really.
因为我只想知道那种感觉 是怎样的 就这样
I'm so proud.
我很骄傲
Finally, my husband, the hero.
我丈夫终于成了大英雄
We can't do that. I know.
我们不能那样做我知道
Did you call pest control?
你找防疫中心了吗?
Babe, they're birds. You don't want a bunch of dead baby birds up there, do you?
那都是小鸟啊 你不想 看到一群死掉的幼鸟吧?
They don't sound like birds. She thinks there are rats in the attic.
不像是小鸟的声音 她觉得阳台上有老鼠
But the idea had been spoken...
但你已经说出你的想法了
and the words wouldn't go back after they had been uttered aloud.
一言既出 驷马难追啊
So you are understanding this, right?
那你现在明白了吧?
You don't have to sell me on not doing this, okay?
你不必劝我收手
I don't think I told you even if you do stop yourself...
我不认为… 即使你能制止你自己…
your double, from hitting Platts, why would he, your double, get in the box?
和你的替身不去打普拉斯
And with no need for it, no possible realworld application...
尽管在现实世界不可能被应用
no advantage at all to be gained from it, the idea stayed.
也不可能获取利润 这个想法还是保留下来
How would you do it? I wouldn't.
你会怎么做? -我不会做的
Just forfun. I still wouldn't.
玩玩而已 我还是不会做的
But what if there was a way to Look, Abe, look.
但若有办法可以… 听我说
I'm not going to pretend like I know anything about paradoxes...
我不想辩论什么矛盾
or what follows them, and honestly, I really don't believe in that crap.
说实话 我不相信那些胡说八道
Kill your mom before you were born, whatever. It has to work itself out somehow.
说什么在你出世前 杀死你妈妈的
I don't know. This is what I know for sure.
我不知道 这是我确定的
The worst thing in the world is to know that the moment you are experiencing...
世上最糟糕的事情就是 你正在体验的时候…
has already been defined, that this is the second...
已经被定义成是第二次…
orthird time through, or whatever. And do you everfeel like...
或者第三次 你会感觉…
I don't know, maybe things aren't right, like maybe your life is in disarray...
也许这些事情是不对的 生活好像在混乱之中
or just not what you would like and you start to wonder what caused this.
你开始怀疑这些事情的起因
People are always blaming their parents...
人们总是抱怨他们的父母…
as if, if their mom had breastfed them, their lives would be different.
例如 妈妈若用母乳喂养他们 人生就会不同
Bunch of whiners.
一帮哭诉者
Yeah, they are. But what if it wasn't something you wonder about?
是啊 但如果这不是 你怀疑的事情呢?
What if you knew this is not the way things are supposed to be?
如果你早知道事情 不该是这样呢?
I'm not like that. I'm not into the whole "destiny, there'sonlyonerightway" thing.
我不是说什么命中注定
I'm not, either. But what's worse?
但是 有什么比这更糟糕呢?
Thinking you're being paranoid or knowing you should be?
以为自己有妄想症 还是以为自己应该有?
You don't have to look at me like that. I'm okay.
你不必那样看着我 我没事
No, ljust assumed that you would. I trust her.
我以为你会的 我相信她
I know that when I decided to tell you Decided to tell?
我知道当我决定告诉你的时候 -决定告诉?
I knew that you are married and that there's no secrets. Anything I tell you, she'll know.
我知道你已婚那不是什么秘密 我对你说的 她都会知道
It's not a matter of trust. I know.
这不是信任的问题 我知道
It's just how much better will it be if in a few days...
若几天之后才出现 就会好很多
I surprise her and we all just fly to Costa Rica or somewhere for a month?
我让她吃惊了 而且我们 都飞去哥斯达黎加过一个月?
We'll let her understand it gradually. Maybe do some real estate shopping
我们会逐渐让她明白的 也许去购物一下…
For now, you can tell her you had a good day in the market.
现在你可以对她说 你赚了一大笔钱
You don't understand. No.
你并不明白 不
You don't understand the questions that come with that.
你不明白会伴随出现什么问题
But we'll explain it to her, and we'll take some time...
但我会对她解释 我们还有时间…
to figure out what's next...
准备接下来出现的问题
which, I think, should be building a bigger box, like the size of a room...
我认为就是建造一个 更大的箱子 例如一个…
where more than one person could fit in.
能容纳超过一人的房♥间
Safe or not, the thing feels like a coffin the way it is.
不管是否安全 那些东西都像棺材
By the way, this is our guy.
顺便说说 此人就是我们的目标
What's the volume? Fiveandahalf.
容量是多少? 5 5
What's the return? Holy...
回报是多少?天啊…
No, I can't beat that. But mainly, I guess I was just talking about Robert and Phillip.
我做不到 我刚想说起罗伯特和菲利普
I don't want to tell them.
我不想告诉他们
I know they have a lot invested in the group
他们已经投资很大…
I don't want to tell them.
我不想告诉他们
If you need me to take the guilt on this one, fine, okay?
如果你要我感到内疚 没问题
I accept it gladly. It's mine.
我接受 这是我的责任
At the end of this week, they can have whateverthey want.
在这周末 他们就能得偿所愿
I'll turn over patent rights on everything from the last two years.
我会转移最后两年的专利权
They can have the equipment, the garage, the house.
他们有设备 有车房♥和那屋子
They can have my truck if that makes you feel better.
如果能让你感觉好些 我的货车也能给他们
But I am not telling them a thing about this. We're not.
但我不会告诉他们 你我都不能
God, everything is so different in there.
天啊 那里的一切都如此不同
You can feel how cut off you are.
你会感到如此与世隔绝
It's this entirely separate world and you encompass most of it.
身处一个完全封闭的世界