你知道我无法忍♥受迟到这种事
You know I can't bear to be late.
这又不重要,一顿午餐而已
It hardly matters.
和别的午餐没区别
It's just a lunch. Just yet another lunch.
艾玛?
Emma!
艾玛,我们要迟到了
Emma, we'll be late.
抓紧车门对提速
Gripping your door won't have any actual effect
没什么实质性帮助,妈妈
on the speed of the car, Mother.
爸爸开车要比这快十倍
Daddy drives about ten times as fast,
你几乎都不眨眼睛
you barely bat an eyelid.
我是个好司机 -艾玛,我什么都没说
I'm an excellent driver. - Emma, I didn't say anything.
你不必说 -亲爱的
You didn't have to. - Sweetheart.
我能感受到你的偏见
I can feel your judgement.
眼睛看着路,亲爱的
Eyes on the road, darling.
闭嘴,爸爸
Shut up, Daddy.
迪克!准备好了!
Dick, Freddy!
等等!
Wait!
好了,快点,保罗
Come on, then, hurry up, fool!
我们小时候,一直都是去
When we were boys, we'd go to Henley
亨利镇野餐
all the time for picnics.
我们都去
All of us.
我不记得有人安排
I don't remember it ever being arranged,
当然,这是大人的事
though, of course, it was between the elderly tribes.
他们肯定都安排好了
Of course they had it all planned out.
打电♥话♥通知彼此
Got on the phone to one another,
有时候爸爸也会发手写的邀请函
or sometimes Pa would hand over a written invitation
邀请大家隔天去亨利镇的斯旺河边野餐
to picnic at Henley by The Swan that next day.
总之,不知怎的…
Anyway, somehow,
我们都会在合适的时间在那里见面
we'd all meet there at just the right time
感觉如同魔法一般
in a way that felt just like magic,
我们所有人…
and all of us,
我们三个、尼文家的俩人,还有艾玛
us three and the Niven two and Emma
…都会欣喜若狂
would all be so terribly delighted.
“你们也来了?你们怎么也来了?”
"You're here, how come you're here?"
父母们就眨眨眼、耸耸肩膀
And the parents would wink and shrug their shoulders
捏捏我们的脸颊、摸摸我们的头发
and squeeze our cheeks or ruffle our hair.
之后他们躺在岸边
And then they'd lie there on the banks
摆上餐篮 背对着我们
with their hampers, and their backs to us
我们就跳进河里游泳
and we'd climb into that river
潜水,在船上躺着
and swim and dive and loll about on boats,
尼文太太…
and Mrs Niven,
亲爱的尼文太太…
dear Mrs Niven,
她会同我们一起跳进水中
she'd wade into the water with us.
我父母就大喇喇地躺着
My lot'd be stretched out
喝香槟、吃龙虾
drinking champagne and eating lobster,
扯些生意上的事
gabbing on about business
或者家长里短
or the neighbours or the nanny.
她…
And she'd...
尼文太太就像牛津大学划船队队员一样 在水面上同我们赛船
Lady Niven'd be racing us across the water like an Oxford sculler,
像女神一样
like a goddess.
她每次都会赢
She beat us all, every time.
当然,其他人太大玩不了这游戏
Of course, the others got too big for it.
弗雷迪和迪克骑自行车去看菲利普
Freddy and Dick would bicycle over to see Philip
詹姆斯整天埋头苦学
and James had his head in books, in books...
当然,直到他注意到艾玛
Till he noticed Emma, of course.
而我…
And I just...
我只想让大家一直玩下去
I just wanted everyone to keep playing.
我要迟到了
I'll be late.
真不知道为什么你明明赛舟会赢了
他们却不给你女爵士 亲爱的
真可笑
什么叫你赢了赛舟会?
我没赢啊
我过了赛舟会的预赛 -预赛
I won a heat.
差不多是单枪匹马,我得说
More or less, singlehandedly, I must say.
谁都跟不上她
No-one could keep up with her.
你过了预赛?
You won a heat.
你自己吗… -太棒了
On your own? - It was magnificent.
对,我自己 -好样的
Yes, on my own actually.
我们家有个巨大的奖杯用以展示
We have an immense trophy.
艾玛,你的眼镜很可爱,非常有个性
Emma, those glasses are absolutely adorable, so racy.
一会就是晴天了
You know, it's going to brighten up.
我们应该把船弄出来
I think we should get the boat out.
我觉得也是
Yes, I think so, too.
重新比赛 -那边有些校队运动员
Have a re-run, don't you think?
噢,太棒了
-何乐而不为? -好的,午餐过后
你们看见那只鸬鹚了吗?
海鸟
是吗?鸬鹚?这么遥远的内陆?
-鸬鹚,我觉得是… -鸬鹚
对,一只黑色的大鸟
我该走了
I should go.
但是艾玛会迟到的
But Emma'll be late.
她一直都迟到
She's always late.
只有你们尼文家一直准时
Only your Nivens were ever on time.
他们喜欢找借口在午餐前喝几杯鸡尾酒
They love an excuse to sink a cocktail before lunch,
所以不用着急
so no bother really.
我弄疼你了吗? -是的
I hurt you.
Yes.
但是美好的那种疼
But a good pain.
很痛
Ache.
很痛,但很美好
Ache.
But a good one.
这是什么?
What's that?
防止我的种子靠近你
So my seed doesn't get anywhere near you.
你的种子?
Your seed?
没错,我的种子
Yes, absolutely, my seed.
用来播种的吗?
For planting.
为了确保完全不能播种
To ensure there is absolutely no planting.
要是我们把这个埋进地里呢?
What if we put it in the ground?
我的种子? -是的
My seed? - Yes.
如果我们播种,培养
If we planted it and we grew it
浇水、修剪它呢?
and we watered it and we pruned it.
绝对不能修剪那个地方…
There will be absolutely no pruning anywhere near my...
我们耕种田野
We plough the fields
把好种子 -把好种子
and scatter the good seed
撒在土地上 -撒在…
on the land
但这是靠神全能的手 -…全能的手
And it is fed and watered
By God's almighty hand
-喂饱和浇灌的 -喂饱和浇灌的
你的好种子
Your good seed.
不能接近你肥沃的…
Nowhere near your good,
土壤
good land.
我一直都想,为…
I always wonder.
为什么上面…
Why is there a, erm,
会有那个?
on the...
难道…难道不是都进去了吗?
Doesn't it all go in?
米莉
Milly!
有几种方法才会那样?
How many ways are there to make that happen?
我怎么知道?
Well, how am I supposed to know?
我只能想到三种
I can only think of three.
那可能就三种方法吧
Well, then maybe there are only three ways.
我们只亲过
We never had more than a kiss,
我男友和我
my lad and me.
弗雷迪·谢林汉姆
Freddy Sheringham.
迪克·谢林汉姆
Dick Sheringham.
保罗,
Now then, Paul,
你书读得如何了?
how's it all going with your studies?
不要问
Oh, don't ask.
别问了,他书读的好得很
Oh, stop it, he's doing wonderfully.
谢谢你,妈妈 -当然了
Thank you, Mother. - Of course he is.
女士们,你们太善良了
Ladies, you're too kind.
我爸爸觉得两种可能性是均等的 成为律师或成为…
My father thinks I've as much chance of becoming a lawyer as becoming a...
一名真正的律师
an actual bloody lawyer.
(律师)
读书很顺利,亲爱的尼文先生太太
It's going well, dear Nivens, well.
我非常享受学习的过程,当然
I'm enjoying my studies immensely, and of course,
虽然我非常想取得资格、得到工作
although I'm terribly excited about qualifying and working
在伦敦从事繁忙的律师行业
电影精选列表