很久很久以前
Once upon a time.
很久很久以前
Once upon a time.
很久很久以前,男孩子们还没阵亡之前
Once upon a time, before the boys were killed.
我们曾有匹马
We had a horse.
一匹真正的马,一匹赛马
A real horse. A racehorse.
那是匹纯种马
A thoroughbred.
它被养在纽伯里附近的马厩
Stabled near Newbury.
它从未赢得任何比赛 但我们仍对它宠爱有加
It never won a damn thing but it was our... indulgence.
它承载着我们对南英格兰赛马场
Our hope for fame and for glory
名声和荣耀的希望
on the racecourses of Southern England.
凡丹戈
Fandango.
大多数时候,它都只是个名字 我们从未见过它
Most of the time, just a name, never seen,
一个需要昂贵食宿和训练费用的名字
an expensively quartered and trained name.
除了六月一个疯狂的早上
Except for one mad June morning.
按照约定,妈妈和爸爸拥有头和身体
The deal was that Ma and Pa owned the head and the body
迪克、弗雷迪和我每人拥有一条腿
and that Dick, Freddy, and I had a leg each.
那第四条腿呢?
What about the fourth leg?
第四条腿
Ah, the fourth leg.
这一直是个疑问,简
That was always the question, Jane.
(省亲♥日♥ 1924年3月30日)
今天天气很好,简
You've a gorgeous day for it, Jane.
是的,先生
Yes, sir.
天气确实很好
A truly gorgeous day.
你不觉得吗,亲爱的?
Don't you think so, my dear?
如果有人提前
You know, if someone had told us
告诉我们今天是这种好天气
it was going to be like this,
我们还不如装好野餐篮
we might as well have all packed hampers,
像以前那样
just like we used to,
在河边坐着
down by the river.
去野餐呢
Picnic.
你觉得呢,亲爱的?
Don't you think, my dear?
现在是三月,戈弗雷
It's March, Godfrey.
对啊,确实是
Well, yes, yes indeed.
我们要开车去亨利镇吃午饭 还有你,简
We shall drive to Henley for lunch,
你和米莉有一整天的时间…
and you, Jane, you and Milly shall have the whole day to, erm, well,
随意安排
do as you please.
谢谢你,先生
Thank you, sir.
想象一下,随意安排
Just imagine that. Do as you please.
霍布迪一家、谢林汉姆一家
And the Hobdays and the Sheringhams
还有我们尼文一家要集♥合♥
and we Nivens shall assemble down
去河边
by the water.
听起来不错,先生
Sounds lovely, sir.
你呢,简?你要做什么?
And you, Jane? What will you do?
早上好,比奇伍德府邸
Good morning, Beechwood House.
简
Jane?
是你吗?
Is that you?
是的,女士
Yes, madam.
谁打来的,简?
Who was that, Jane?
打错电♥话♥了,先生
Wrong number, sir.
真的吗?大周日的?
Really? On a Sunday?
真是的
It happens.
简…
Well, Jane,
你走之前
before you go...
给你
Here.
你人真好,先生
You're very kind, sir.
祝你度过愉快的一天,简
谢谢
- You have a lovely day, Jane. - Thank you.
米莉会骑第一辆自行车去车站吗?
Milly will take the first bicycle to the station presumably.
是的,然后去她妈妈那边
Yes. And then onto her mother's.
好的,对,没错
Oh, yes. Quite. Quite.
你呢?
And you?
如果可以的话,先生,我要闲逛一下
If I may so, I'll just take myself off.
我骑第二辆自行车 正如你所说,今天天气很好
That is on the second bicycle.As you say, it's such a lovely day.
天气很好,没错,很好
Lovely day, yes, quite.
对,我就想着你会这样,当然
Yes, I thought you might. Certainly.
当然,换我也这样,自己决定
Certainly, that's what I'd do. Left to my own devices.
(决定)
带本书吧,简,如果你愿意的话
Take a book, Jane, if you like.
多谢你,先生
You're very kind, sir.
今天属于你自己,简
It's your day, Jane.
想象一下
Imagine that,
整个郡都在你脚下
the whole county at your disposal.
谢谢你,先生
Thank you, sir.
今天是完美的一天,完美的一天
Perfect day for it. Perfect day.
(它)
你自♥由♥了
Consider yourself free to go.
去我妈那边?用“自♥由♥”形容可不合适
To my mother's? Freedom is not the word.
今天天气很好,米莉
It's a beautiful day, Milly.
天啊,你真讨厌你这副乐观的样子
Jesus, I hate it when you're cheerful.
我整天都可以自己做决定
I'm being left to my own devices all day long.
决定?
"Devices"?
我甚至可以送送你
Mmm. I'll even set you off,
我可以和你一起骑第一段路程
I can cycle the first bit with you.
为什么?你要去哪里?
Why? Where are you off to?
快点,米莉!
Come on, Milly!
你觉得我在做什么?
What do you think I'm doing?
你的火车还有20分钟就开了!
We've only got 20 minutes till your train goes.
一整天都抱着一本书啃,米莉
A whole day with a book, Milly.
没有母亲的母亲节
Oh, to be motherless on Mothering Sunday.
她一定烤了一块很美味的牛肉
She'll have cooked a lovely side of beef,
还有她拿手的土豆
her famous potatoes.
天啊,这种天气吃烤牛肉?
Oh, God, roast beef in this heat?
她会手忙脚乱地给你做些难吃的东西
She'll fuss over you something rotten.
她不会的 -她会的
She will not. - She will.
她会不停地说我缺个丈夫
She'll not shut up about a lack of husband.
她会有无数关于一个好女孩
She'll have a million stories of a nice young girl
嫁给村里好小伙的故事
who married a nice young lad in the village.
无数个?
Million?
尽管一场讨厌的战争 扼杀了我唯一的机会
Despite a bloody war having killed off my only chance.
我觉得用这件事来当自己
I'd say that's a spectacularly
没丈夫的借口 简直绝妙至极
good excuse for being husbandless.
你跟她说啊
Try telling her that.
然后我提到他时,我的天啊
And then God forbid I mention him, God forbid,
知道吗?如果我谈到他
do you know if I talk about him,
如果我胆敢提起我男伴的名字…
if I dare mention my lad's name...
嘿,我们能停一下吗?
Here, can we stop a second?
是不是很美?
Doesn't it look pretty?
你觉得他们会和彼此说实话吗?
Do you suppose they tell one another the truth?
什么?谁?谁跟谁说实话?
What? Who? Who tells who the truth?
我只是在想他们所有人
I was just thinking about all of them
为今天必不可少的午餐赴宴的人
assembling for the necessary lunch today.
尼文家,谢林汉姆一家,霍布迪一家
The Nivens. The Sheringhams. The Hobdays.
他们现在到底在和彼此说些什么
What on earth they say to one another now?
估计是婚礼吧
Oh, well, the wedding, I suppose, hmm.
应该是
I suppose.
还剩几天来着?
How many days left again?
11天
Eleven.
应该吧
I think.
办婚礼是件好事
It's nice to have a wedding.
对啊 -有一点快乐也不错
Yes. It's nice to have a little joy.
你说得对,能有一点点快乐就相当好了
You're right. A little joy goes a long way.
你可以告诉你妈妈,至少有人要结婚了
You can tell your ma at least someone's getting married.
对啊,她听了一定会马上开心起来
Oh, yes, that will cheer her right up.
你见过我妈妈吗?
Have you met my mother?
有时候我觉得我见过,是的,米儿
Sometimes I feel as though I have, yes, Mill.
也许你会在火车上找到一位如意郎君
Well, maybe you'll acquire one on the train. Husband, I mean.
说不准,可能是个浪迹天涯的人
You never know. Some sort of rambler.
又高又黑,长得很英俊
Tall, dark, handsome.
有强壮的臂膀
Strong arms.
什么…你怎么了解强壮的臂膀的?
How do you know about strong arms?
为什么强壮的臂膀就那么吃香?
Why are strong arms so excellent?
等等我,如果要给我找丈夫…等等!
Wait for me, then. If it's my husband we're finding...
电影精选列表