That is true.
好样的
Bravo.
这是值得的
This will be worthwhile.
离开米兰前 我烧掉了自己的衣服
I burnt my dresses before I left Milan.
可以问为什么吗?
May I ask why?
不 不可以
No, you may not.
那你上一次 在舞台上表演是什么时候?
Uh, then, when did you last perform on stage?
你真该坚持一下自己的问题
You really should be more persistent with your questions.
我烧掉我的歌♥剧服 是因为它们是过去的一部分
I burnt my theater dresses, because they were a part of the past.
回答你的另一个较无趣的问题
And to answer your... less interesting question,
我上一次表演是在四年半以前
I last performed four-and-a-half years ago.
因为在舞台上表演也是过去的一部分
Because performing on stage is also a part of the past.
你还会再表演吗?
You'll never perform again?
不会
No.
那就告诉我在舞台上的感觉吧
Then tell me how it felt to be on stage?
那是一种升华
An exaltation.
一种沉醉
An intoxication.
有时候 我觉得舞台就要燃烧起来了
Sometimes I thought the stage itself would burn.
那些不顺心的日子呢?
And on the bad days?
不顺心有两面性
Well, there are two sides.
一方面说要战斗
One side says to fight.
另一方面
And the other says, "You are awful, and you should be ashamed."
说你很糟糕 应该感到羞耻
我恐怕观众期待的是奇迹
I'm afraid audiences expect miracles.
我再也无法创造奇迹了
I can no longer perform miracles.
或许我们可以聊聊 你离开舞台后的生活
Perhaps we could speak a little of your life away from the stage.
离开舞台 就没有生活了
There is no life away from the stage.
舞台就在我的脑海里
The stage is in my mind.
我得走了
I have to go.
- 走? - 是的
- Go? - Yes.
不 我们说好三小时的
No, we were promised three hours.
那就跟我来吧
Then come with me.
跟你去哪里?
Come with you where?
歌♥剧女王说:“跟我来吧”
"Come with me," said the Diva,
你没必要问去往何处
and there was really no need to ask where.
好吧 无论你要去哪里 我都跟你去
Then I will come with you, wherever you're going.
陪我在巴黎走走吧
Walk with me across Paris.
我的管家说曼德拉克斯 是非常不可靠的伙伴 但是...
My butler says that Mandrax is a very unreliable companion, but
我想我们是完美的组合
I think we're a perfect combination.
♪ Vedi! Le fosche notturne spoglie ♪
♪ De' cieli sveste l'immensa volta... ♪
看到了吗?
You see?
当我跟你和你的摄像机在一起时 曼德拉克斯
When I am with you and your camera, Mandrax,
我并不需要表演 因为其他人都在表演
I don't have to perform, because everyone else is performing.
♪ All'opra! All'opra! ♪
♪ Dàgli, martella ♪
♪ Chi del gitano ♪
♪ I giorni abbella? ♪
♪ Chi del gitano ♪
♪ I giorni abbella? ♪
♪ Chi? ♪
♪ Chi i giorni abbella? ♪
♪ Chi del gitano ♪
♪ I giorni abbella? ♪
♪ La zingarella! ♪
我迟到了
I'm late.
你是玛丽亚·卡拉斯
You're Maria Callas.
你没有迟到 是其他人早到了
You're not late. Everyone else is early.
Hmm.
你在撒面包屑 引诱我这只画眉鸟唱歌♥
You're casting breadcrumbs as if I were a blackbird...
舞台就像是鸟食平台
...and the stage a bird table.
Hmm?
当然 这是行不通的
It won't work, of course.
不过今天早上 我为布鲁娜唱歌♥了
Although I sang for Bruna this morning,
她说她觉得我唱得无与伦比
and she said she thought I was magnificent.
布鲁娜是谁?
Who's Bruna?
布鲁娜是我的女佣
Bruna is my housekeeper.
她当时正在做煎蛋卷
She was making an omelet.
她做的煎蛋卷无与伦比
She makes magnificent... omelets.
她对歌♥剧知之甚少 她所知道的都是从我这里学的
She knows little about opera.
And what she knows, she learned from me.
她从我身上学到了
And what she has learned from me is to always be complimentary.
永远要赞美别人
所以我来这里 是听信了一个听话的女佣的话
So I am here on the word of an obedient housemaid.
要知道 有一首画眉鸟的歌♥
You know, blackbirds have a song.
如果购买♥♥唱片 标签上会写着
If you buy a recording, on the label it just says,
《画眉鸟之歌♥》
"Blackbird Song."
肯定有一首歌♥会叫
There must be a song just called "Human Song."
《人类之歌♥》
在停下来之前 我想唱完这首歌♥
I'd like to sing it before I stop.
停下来?
Stop?
玛丽亚
Maria...
你说你来这里 至少是为了弄清楚自己是否还能唱歌♥
You said you'd come here and at least find out if you still have a voice.
我不是歌♥剧老师 我不是来教你的
I'm not a répétiteur. I'm not here to teach you.
况且我也教不了你
I couldn't teach you anyway.
但如果我听到
But if I hear, I will know.
我会知道的
普契尼会知道的
Puccini will know.
普契尼已经死了
Puccini is dead, and he may be glad that he is.
他可能会很高兴自己已经死了
我们何不站在这里 眺望远方 就像那边就是未来呢?
Why don't we just stand here and look out as if it was the edge of the future?
你想唱什么?
What do you want to sing?
情歌♥
A love song.
- 你爱上谁了? - 你猜
- And who are you in love with? - Guess.
相貌丑陋且已去世
Ugly and dead.
还是欧纳西斯先生吗?
- Mr. Onassis still? - Mm.
他每晚都会来我床边
He comes to my bed every night.
不肯放过我 不过我喜欢把他赶走
He won't leave me alone. I... I love sending him away though.
你上次表演是什么时候?
When did you last perform?
很久以前了
A long time ago.
那次演出令我恶心
It made me sick.
我当时得了疝气 双腿发紫
I got a hernia and purple legs.
浑身胀大
Everything swelled, except my ego.
只有自尊没有膨胀
我当时在日本
I was in Japan,
所有日本医生都说: “这是什么东西?”
and all the Japanese doctors said, "What is this thing?"
我的人说: “这是神赐的嗓音 一代歌♥剧女王”
And my people said, "Well, this is La Divina, La Prima Donna."
他们说:“但为什么 她看起来像一只紫色的青蛙?”
And they said, "But then why does she look like a purple frog?"
于是我回到了巴黎
So I came back to Paris.
我坐在自己的公♥寓♥里 看看窗外
And I sit in my apartment, look out the window, and I say,
心想:“时间流逝 那畜生死了 我的歌♥喉不见了
"Ticktock, ticktock. The brute is dead."
"My voice has gone. What do I do now?"
我现在该怎么办呢?”
我有车
I have my car.
如果你愿意 我可以开车送你
I can drive you back to your prison cell
回乔治·曼德尔大道的牢房♥
on Avenue Georges-Mandel if that's what you want.
Mm.
布鲁娜是我的母亲 我的姐妹、我的女儿、我的女佣
Bruna is my mother, my sister,
my daughter, my housemaid.
费鲁乔是我的父亲 我的儿子、我的兄弟、我的管家
Ferruccio is my father, my son, my brother, my butler.
公♥寓♥里太拥挤了
It is a terribly crowded apartment.
我现在还不想走
I don't want to go just yet.
好吧 我有一个主意
Okay, so I have an idea.
显然你还在为某些事生气 或是害怕 或是怨恨 无论是什么
You're evidently mad about something, or scared,
or bitter, or whatever it is,
那就别唱出来
so don't sing.
要喊出来
Shout.
大声喊出来 声音大到连普契尼都能听到
Shout so loud even Puccini can hear.
声音大到
So loud, ugly, dead Onassis can hear.
丑陋和死去的欧纳西斯都能听到
♪ O mio babbino caro ♪
♪ Mi piace è bello, bello ♪
♪ Vo'andare in Porta Rossa ♪
♪ A comperar l'anello! ♪
♪ Sì, sì, ci voglio andare! ♪
♪ E se l'amassi indarno ♪
♪ Andrei sul Ponte Vecchio ♪
♪ Ma per buttar--♪
Ugh.
那是玛丽亚在唱歌♥
That was Maria singing.
我想听卡拉斯女士唱歌♥
I want to hear La Callas.
这不是一朝一夕能做成的事
It will not happen in one day.
普契尼和我明天还会来
Puccini and I will be here tomorrow, same time!
同一时间!
夫人
- Madam? - Mm?
我让医生等您了
I asked the doctor to wait for you.
枫丹白露医生
Dr. Fontainebleau,
这是玛丽亚·卡拉斯
Maria Callas.
我非常欣赏您的作品
I'm a huge admirer of your work.
Hmm.
电影精选列表