就是个邻居 这不重要!
it was just a neighbor. It doesn't matter!
不要忘了这是怎么回事
Don't forget what's going on here.
一秒都不会
Not for a second.
我看到他看你的眼神
Now, I see the way he looks at you.
他的需要
What he wants.
那种鼓励,拍他的肩膀
That encouragement, pat on his shoulder.
我也希望给他
And I want it for him.
但不是这样的情况
But not for that.
我没法保证谁会出现在门口
I can't promise what's going to show up at the door.
我知道
I know.
那好吧
Okay, then.
桃子不错
It's a good peach.
都熟透了,吃不完肯定得坏
It's too bad they're all so ripe, you'll never get through them all.
应该在坏掉之前扔一部分
We should throw most of them away before they rot.
不用,我有个主意
No, I have another idea.
拿个桃子
Take a peach.
谢谢
Thank you.
内馅很容易,我要交代下派皮
Now, the filling is easy. What I want to talk about is crust.
要保持材料冷却
You've got to keep your ingredients cool.
这样的热天本身就够有挑战性了
Hot day like this is challenge enough.
做派皮的时候如果电♥话♥响了,不要管
The phone rings while you're making a crust, just let them call you back.
混匀
Mix it up.
派皮没什么讲究,诸位
Pie crust is a very forgiving thing. Forks.
你可以犯各种错,但不要忘记加盐
You can make all kinds of mistakes, but don't forget the salt.
都放进去? 对,趁还没太热
All of it? Yeah, before it gets too warm.
所有东西都要冷却
Keep everything cool.
然后混匀
Then mix it up.
拿着刀
Take that knife.
全靠直觉
It's all about instinct.
太在意食谱,会忘了如何去感受
Pay too much attention to recipes, you forget how to feel.
就像读关于园艺的书
It's like reading a book on gardening
其实要做的就是去园子里实践
when all you've got to do is get dirt underneath your fingernails.
好了,放到里面
All right. Put it in there.
就是这样
That's it.
不要太用力
Now, don't over-handle.
始终恰好要碎不碎
You want it right on the verge of crumbling at any moment.
就是这样
There you go.
现在抓住边缘
Now grab the outside.
用手掌后侧按压
Heel of the hand.
人们买♥♥各种花哨的工具
People buy all these fancy gadgets,
然而有时候最好的工具就是身体本身
but sometimes the best tool is attached right there to your own body.
好了
Okay.
撒一些木薯粉,就像在结冰的路上撒盐那样
Scatter a little tapioca, like salt over an icy road.
是解决派皮潮湿的办法
Cure for a soggy crust.
全倒进去
The whole thing.
堆成个小山
Make a little mountain out of it.
很好
Perfect.
好了,关键时刻到了
Okay, moment of truth.
不能太快
Can't go too fast.
不要犹豫
You can't hesitate.
我不知道我妈的手从什么时候开始抖的
I don't know when my mom's hands
started shaking exactly.
但最终她也控制不住了
But eventually, it was beyond her control.
帮我给这间房♥子加个屋顶
Help me put a roof on this house.
完美
Perfect.
我该走了
I should go.
他们几个小时内不会回来
They won't come back for a few hours.
这是最佳时机
This is as good a window as I'm gonna get.
也许明天
Maybe tomorrow,
等你的伤口再愈合一点
once your stitches have had a little more time.
他们不会停止搜索的,阿黛尔
They're not going to stop looking, Adele.
他们有警犬,能闻到你的血味
They have dogs that can smell your blood.
也许你该等伤口愈合
You should probably let your stitches heal.
你应该留下
You should stay.
谢谢,我好紧张
Thank you. I'm really nervous.
你得…
You have to...
我理解
I understand.
我们就在这躺一会
We'll just lay here a while.
我们还没留过谁在家这么久
We haven't had anybody in this house for such a long time.
我拿下我的…
Let me get my...
韵律
Rhythm.
这是我听着他们的深夜聊天静静消散
This was the word that burrowed into my brain
钻进我脑海的词
as I listened to their late night conversation quietly dissipate.
我想到那个词,“韵律”
I thought about that word, "rhythm,"
以及我妈是否觉得弗兰克有
and whether my mom thought Frank had it.
这些就是我夜里回味的画面
These were the images I returned to at night.
尤其现在夜晚不再安静
Particularly now that the evening was no longer silent.
第二天,弗兰克修了楼梯上松动的地板
The next day, Frank fixed the loose floorboard on the stairs.
让厨房♥的门不再吱吱作响
He got the squeak out of the kitchen door,
清理了水槽的杂物
then cleared the debris out of the gutters.
谢谢
Thank you.
我告诉你
I'll tell you this.
不要等以后再学修车
You don't want to wait to learn to fix it.
尤其当车坏了旁边还坐了位女士的时候
Especially if you got a lady in the seat beside you when it happens.
他们洗了衣服,他熨烫
They did laundry. He ironed.
作为回报,妈妈教他跳伦巴
And in return, my mom taught him to rumba.
二…三…四
Two... three... four.
重心转到这边
Shift your weight this way.
二…三…四
Two... three... four.
弗兰克觉得午餐应该烧烤
For lunch, Frank thought
it only right that we fire up the barbecue.
所以他派我去采购
So, he sent me to pick up groceries.
你知道,喝铝罐饮料会得痴呆症的
You know, drinking from aluminum gives you Alzheimer's.
真的吗?
Is that true?
这就是完美犯罪,因为你想不起来怎么得的
Uh-huh.
It's the perfect crime
'cause you can't remember how you got it.
在这个镇上能干嘛?
Is there anything to do in this town?
保龄球?
There's bowling?
保龄球
Bowling.
要我说,他躲在谁家里了
If you ask me, I think he's holing up in someone's house
等着事情平息
waiting for things to cool down.
我没法把他的脸从脑海里抹去
I just can't get his face out of my head.
最可怕的是他已一无所有
The worst part is knowing that a man like that has nothing to lose.
生命于他而言一钱不值
Life to a person like that is worth about 10 cents.
终究会抓到他的,一向如此
They'll get him eventually. They always do.
亨利,你妈妈怎么样? 她很好
Henry. How's your mother? She's doing great.
怎么没有罐头食品?
Where's all the canned goods?
你通常都像应对龙♥卷♥风♥似的买♥♥很多啊
You usually buy like you're planning for a tornado.
是啊,今天的食谱特别
Yeah. Special recipe.
亨利,这是男用剃刀
Henry. This is a man's razor.
你妈妈用的是7号♥过道那种粉色的
Your mom wants one of the pink ones on aisle 7.
不是给我妈妈买♥♥的
It's not for my mom.
我自己用的
It's for me.
你刮胡子?
You practicing?
好吧,记得把盖子盖上,好吗?
All right. Just do me a favor and keep the cap on, okay?
注意留心,好吗?
Keep an eye out, all right?
妈?
Mom?
那时候你还小
You were just a boy.
我已经21了
I was 21.
你并不知道自己做了什么
You didn't know what you were doing.
那只是掩过饰非
Doesn't make it right.
你为什么不辩解?
Why didn't you say something?
阿黛尔?
Adele?
亨利,你妈妈呢?
Hey, Henry, where's your mom?
我不知道!
I don't know!
我去找她,您在这儿等一下!
Um, let me go... Let me go get her. Stay here!
我需要你帮忙照看巴里!
I need you to watch Barry!
伊芙,你好!
Ev, hi!
她让我照看巴里
She asked me to watch Barry.
我真的没有办法了,真的需要你帮忙
Listen. I'm at my wits' end. I really need some help from you.
我必须去,我父亲在医院
I have to go. My dad's in the hospital.
电影精选列表