Come to think on it,
你弟弟,败类,他也尝试了同样的事情
your brother, the scum sucker that he was, he tried the same thing.
我估计是祖传的
Runs in the family, I guess.
你就要坐牢了,把他绑起来
You're going to jail. Tie him up.
上帝
Oh, my. My, my my.
悲哀的事
This is a sad thing.
这不是很讽刺吗?
Ain't this ironic?
你想救一个黑鬼? 然后你就可以代替他了
You wanna save a nigger? Then you get to take his place.
我是美国法警
I am a US Marshal.
你会为这事进地狱的
You will catch hell for this.
我去过那里,没印象
Already been there. Wasn't impressed.
准备好了吗,孩子?
Ready, boy?
不够锋利吗?
Not sharp enough for you?
拜托,先生,这是个错误,他是无辜的
Please, sir, this is a mistake. He is innocent of these charges.
是吗?
Is he?
我不能肯定,夫人
I can't be certain of that, ma'am.
所有的女人都该被珍惜
All women are to be cherished.
我如果充许犯罪逍遥法外
What kind of a message would it send
对这个镇上敬畏上帝的人
to the God-fearing people of this town
算是什么样的信息?
were I to allow a crime to go unpunished?
更不用说镇上的流氓了
Not to mention the hooligans in this town.
我对这个念头不寒而栗
I shudder at the thought.
都是你干的好事
This is your doing.
你从来都不了解别人,是吗?
Yeah, well, you never really know someone, do you?
我想这些指控可能是假的
I suppose the accusations could be false,
当然,必须依从法官的决定
but, of course, that's for a judge to decide
同时
In the meantime,
我有义务保护这个镇上的女人
I am obligated to protect the women of this town,
当然
and, of course...
包括你,柯林斯小姐
that includes you, Miss Collins
不是吗,金妮?
Ain't that right, Ginny?
你知道的
You know,
我从来没有注意到
I never noticed before what a...
你是个身材颇佳的女人
remarkably fine figure of a woman you are.
你现在就停止
You stop this right now.
这个地区即将经历新的开始
This territory is about to experience a new beginning,
我则负责领导
and I'm gonna lead it.
我是个野心勃勃的人
I'm an ambitious man and,
如果有个聪明、坚强
well, it sure would be fine to have a smart, strong,
美丽的女人在我身边,则更好
beautiful woman at my side.
你的话是魔鬼的语调
Your words are of the devil's tongue
好吧,你别恭维我,柯林斯小姐
Well, don't you go flattering me, Miss Collins.
你知道本地的强♥奸♥犯会是什么下场
You know what happens to rapists in this territory.
吊死他们
We hang'em.
如果他的指控被判无罪
If he was to be cleared of these charges,
那他就可以继续任意妄为
well, he'd be free to just go on doing what he has been doing,
我得告诉你,这对我来说行不通
and I got to tell you, that just doesn't work for me
你不打算邀请我进去吗?
Aren't you gonna invite me in?
当然,宝贝
Of course, baby.
行了
There you go.
谢谢
Thank you.
你错过了演出
You know, you're missing the show.
你为什么不跟我一起回去?
Why don't you come on back out with me?
我先收拾一下
Let me just, uh, clean myself up for you
外面见,宝贝
and I'll meet you out there, baby.
求你了,我会做任何事,我会让他离开的
Please, I'll do anything. I'll make him leave
好吧,我想我可以撤销指控
Well, I guess I could drop the charges.
毕竟,不过是个妓♥女♥
After all, they were leveled by a whore.
令人作呕的职业
Revolting profession.
够了
That's enough!
把他放下来
Cut him down.
你
You, uh,
你走之前想要什么?
want something before you go?
你知道的
You know,
你真的会成为优秀的第♥一♥夫♥人♥
you really would make a fine first lady
你别想跑路
You don't fuckin' leave me.
- 利博,不
- Reb, no.- Yeah.
结束了,结束了
It's over. It's over.
- 不 - 让开,女士,起来
- No. - Out of our way, ma'am. Up, up, up.
我们得把詹姆斯弄出监狱
We have to get James out of jail
他什么都没做
He didn't do anything.
你希望我做什么? 越狱?
What do you expect me to do? Break him out?
他们会杀了他的,爸爸
They're gonna kill him, Daddy.
我们将在老教堂见面
We're gonna meet by the old church
我会去的
I'll be there.
- 我需要你的帮助 - 没问题
- I'm gonna need your help. - You got it.
我们在老教堂集♥会♥
A group of us are meetin' by the old church.
谢谢
Thank you.
现在你们都认识我女儿梅丽莎
Now, y'all know my daughter Melissa,
希望你们听她说
and I'd like you to hear her out.
早上好
Good morning.
没有讲坛,没有教堂
There's no stage. There's no church
没有牧师
No minister.
剩下的就是火种和灰烬
All that remains is tinder and ash.
一个好男人曾经站在这里
A good man did stand here once,
就在我现在站的地方
right here where I stand now.
他就是托马斯·麦科德牧师
His name was Reverend Thomas McCord.
他不是在这里出生的
He wasn't born here.
他不欠我们什么
He owed us nothing.
他只梦想看到这个镇上的人
He only dreamed to see this town, to see the people in it
充分发挥其潜力
reach their full potential.
这就是他死的原因
That's why he died.
但你知道的
But you know that.
可恶的我们
Damn us.
是的,我说可恶的我们
Yes, I say damn us.
我们在哪里
Where were we
当他站出来反对我们压♥迫♥者的暴♥政♥?
when he stood up against the tyranny of our oppressors?
当他指着那些偷走我们家园的人时,我们在哪里
Where were we when he pointed his fingers at the men who steal our homes,
那些人从我们孩子的嘴里拿走食物的时候
take food from our children's mouths?
我们去哪了?
Where were we?
麦科德神父为我们献出了生命
Reverend McCord gave his life for us,
我们谁也没有勇气和他站在一起
and none of us had the backbone to stand with him.
我们让他失望了
We let him down.
我们让我们的孩子失望
We let our children down,
我很惭愧
and I'm ashamed of that.
皮尔斯镇长和他的前邦联士兵同事
Mayor Pierce and his former Confederate soldier colleagues
妄图宣称这领土是一个新的共和国
intend to claim this territory as a new republic
推♥翻♥我们的总统
and overthrow our president.
现在他正在收集武器库
Right now he is compiling an arsenal of weapons
他预计不久将有更多的人来到这里
and he expects more men to arrive here shortly
- 你怎么知道的? - 我们看到武器了
- How do you know this? - We've seen the weapons.
麦科德法警一直在和军队合作,以揭露他们的行动
And Marshal McCord has been working with the army to uncover their operation.
麦科德警长会把自己吊死的
Marshal McCord's gonna get himself strung up.
他得到了联邦军队的支持
He has the backing of federal troops,
他是唯一愿意拿下我们镇长的人
and he's the only man willing to take on our mayor.
也需要我们的帮助
He needs our help.
我们现在要足够坚强,去做正确的事
We are strong enough right now to do what needs doing.
但是当镇长的援军到来时,我们将寡不敌众
But when the mayor's reinforcements arrive, we will be outnumbered
如果军队介入
and if the army intervenes,
我们的城镇将成为战场
then our town will become a battlefield.
我不会再做奴隶了
I'm not gonna be a slave again.
我和我儿子搬到西部,开始自♥由♥人的新生活
moved out west with my boy to start a new life as free men.
这不是件容易的事,但肯定比过去好
It ain't been easy, but it's damn sure better than it was.
法警,他救了我的儿子亚伯拉罕免于鞭打
The marshal, he done save my boy Abraham from a lashing.
他也援助了我
He come to my aid too
当利博的马仔试图烧我的手,并干倒我
when Reb's boys was trying to burn my hand and shake me down.
愿他的兄弟,上帝安息他的灵魂
And his brother, God rest his soul,
也为我们所有的人,无论如何
has been there for all of us, one way or another.
算我一个
Count me in.
谢谢,本杰明
Thank you, Benjamin.
神父经常引用一些经♥文♥