She says, "you got an interpreter?" So he called my sister: "Come in."
那姑娘就跟我姐说 她说
So she says to my sister Mary, she says, um,
你♥爸♥是不是听不懂 也不会说英文 我姐回答道 是的
your father doesn't understand or speak english? She says, "no."
那工作人员又问 他来美国多长时间了
She says, "how long is he in America?"
我姐答道 呃 三十年了
She says, uh, "oh, 30 years."
工作人员说 怎么可能 这也太可怕了 他连一个英语单词也不会说吗
She says, "why, that's terrible. And he can't speak a word of english?
真的恐怖
I think that's terrible."
我爸跟... 我爸就跟我姐说
So he says to - - No, he said to Mary.
他跟我姐说 那姑娘说了啥
So he says to Mary, "what did she say?”
我姐说 那个姑娘说你也太...
So my sister Mary says, "she says that it's" -
(意大利语)
我爸说了声 啊哈
Oh, yeah? He says.
我们走
Go -
所以你♥爸♥有没有用英文 和那工作人员说话啊
he told her something in english?
我爸用英文骂了她一句脏话
So he told her something in english, a dirty word.
去你X的
Go and... yourself.
那个工作人员叫起来 真是粗鄙 来人啊 把他弄出去
So she says, "oh, that's terrible! Get him out of here!"
所以他没拿到美国户口?
So he never became a citizen?
不 他拿到了 他成了个美国公民
Oh, he was a citizen, yeah. He became a citizen.
那他去了办事局几次
How many times did he have to go?
我不知道规矩有没有变过啊
I don't know if they have to renew it then, you know?
老天
God.
情况就是非常搞笑 我爸告诉那个办事人员 要是老子知道怎么说英文 老子早说了
But that was funny. "I'll show you if I know how to talk english,” he told her.
哈哈 他还是知道怎么骂人的
He knew the right words.
毕竟他们总是会听到一些脏话
Bad words, they always learned.
他搬去staten岛是什么时候
When did he move to staten island?
他搬去staten岛的时候我们都还是小孩
My father moved to staten island, we were kids.
我印象中那会儿Andrew还只有两岁吧 他们还买♥♥了块地
I think Andrew was about two years old. - They bought lots.
我们是买♥♥了地 毕竟我们那时候房♥子都没啊
We bought the lots. Well, you know, we didn't have anything.
然后有个男人上门拜访 他是我爸的一个朋友
So this man came, and he was a friend of my father's.
他说 我在staten岛有很多地
He says, "I have a lot of lots out in staten island.
我可以以很低的价格卖♥♥给你们 你们也不用一次性付清
I'll give 'em to you real cheap. You don't have to pay me all at once.
你们有钱了 就还我一点
Whenever you have the money, you pay me."
他给了我们一块地 价值200刀
So he gave him one lot for $200.
当初可是价值不菲
That was something.
那块地上面还有个小平房♥
So of course, there was a little bungalow on it.
这个价钱我们还是付不起 但比如...
But really, we couldn't afford it. But just for the -
诸如自己炒菜之类的事 他就特别热衷
like cooking his own meal? Oh, he loved that.
他要自己调肉汁 番茄酱 配方还要固定
He had to have certain gravy. Certain tomato paste.
我妈在夏天做好的肉丸 都要贮藏起来
My mother had to make it in the summer, preserve it.
因为我爸根本不吃 他只想吃自己做的肉丸
Because he wouldn't want to eat this. He wanted his own.
他自己做的肉丸又都是些黑暗料理
And he would make, and it would come out so dark
干的要命 你知道吗
because it was really dry, you know?
但他就很喜欢吃 还用它来拌通心粉
And he loved it. And what would happen, he would make the macaroni,
还喊大家一起来吃
and he'd call everybody in to eat.
过来吃啊 都别客气
Come and taste it. Come and taste it.
我的好老爸 你这东西让我们食欲大减
How are we gonna eat if we taste yours, pop?
不行 你们必须尝一口 一定要吃
You had to taste it. - You had to taste it.
他还要剩一点留给我们
He used to save 'em for us. Save 'em.
儿子 我没骗你啊 这事儿就是这么神奇
That was the truth, boy. That was amazing.
你外公他去世了 那地方又被推平了
And now that he's gone, they destroyed everything.
他们铺上了草坪 种上了树
They just made it plain grass and trees. That's all.
在哪? staten岛
Where? - In staten island.
但没人来打理这些东西 没有人
There's nobody to take care of it. - Nobody to take care of it.
没人修剪他们啊 只有我的小姨子 你♥妈♥的♥妹妹在打理
There's nobody to garden it. - Only my sister-in-law, her sister.
没人来打理 她只有一个人把这些东西搞干净
And nobody could take care of it. She had it all cleaned up.
打理这些还费了不少钱...
And of course the money to clean it up took -
原来那边还有些不错的东西 现在全没了
had some beautiful stuff there, and it's all gone.
我想说的是 她们的父母建好了这一切
Goes to show you, when they build it up - when the father and mother build it up,
到头来却没人想要打理
and then nobody else wants to take care of it.
好的 我知道了
Eh - - okay, that's good.
我记得有一次我们种了棵榕树
I remember one time we had a fig tree.
我以前很喜欢榕树 但我妈受不了
I used to love fig trees, and my mother couldn't stand them.
继续说
Yeah?
冬天的时候 你要把它们包的严严实实的
In the wintertime, you had to cover them very, very well.
不然它们就会冻死
Otherwise they froze.
有回冬天 我爸在给榕树包裹 因为年纪大的缘故
One winter, when he did climb up - he was getting old -
他从梯子上摔了下来 受了伤
he fell off the ladder, and he got hurt.
我妈很生气
And my mother was so angry.
她跟我爸说 真希望这些榕树立马死掉
She says to him, "I hope those fig trees die.
永远不能开花
I hope they never bloom again."
紧接着 我妈就生病了
And then, of course, my mother became ill,
第二个冬天 她就去世了
and the next winter she passed away,
那些榕树也再也没有开过花
and the trees never bloomed anymore.
就好像她带着...
It was just like she took -
她带着榕树一起离开了一样
she took them with her, and that was that.
Marty 今天就讲到这里了
Now, that's enough for today, Marty.
行吧 先这样
Okay, that's it.
很好
That's good.
我希望我姐妹别骂我
I hope my sisters don't get after me,
毕竟我有五个姐妹 她们要是知道会杀了我的
because I have five sisters, and they're gonna kill me.
她们会说 Katy...
Katy, they're gonna say -
今天就讲完了? 我问下 我能把桌椅放回去了吗
is that all for today? Now, listen, could I put my furniture back?
哪个 就是这里的
What furniture? - The things in here.
我能搬了吗 明天这些桌椅还要拿出来吗
Could I set up? These things are gonna be upset tomorrow again?
我是说 家里不能这样乱糟糟的
No, I mean, it can't stay this way.
我要拿吸尘器吸一下 把碗洗好
I have to vacuum the rug, wash my dishes.
等你走了再说 现在我先不搞 啥
Right? When you leave. Not now. - Huh?
你笑啥 你在笑你♥爸♥还是你外公
What are you laughing at? Are you thinking of pop or grandpa?
没啊 我又想起你外公跟那个女公务员说话的样子
Yeah. - Oh, but the way he told her.
他就站在那里 背着手 说 我去你X
And he stands there with his hands behind his back, and he says, "go -"
还要加重语气强调一下
you know, he emphasized it.
我姐姐Mary就说 我再也不会带他一起出门了
My sister Mary says, "I will never take him out with me anymore.
我被他尬到了
He embarrassed me."
就在失业部吧 在办公室里
That was at the, uh, unemployment - - In the office.
你♥爸♥说这事儿发生在失业部 我反正不记得了
He says it was at the unemployment. I don't remember.
当然 他还得随身带个翻译
Of course, you always had to take an interpreter,
毕竟他根本不会英语
because he didn't speak english.
我姐就说 反正我是不可能再带他出去了
Mary says, "as far as me, I'm not taking him anyplace anymore."
我就是感到很羞耻 才会说出这种话
And that's a shame, making me say things like that.
你♥爸♥他还拿着摄像机干嘛
Is he still taking this?
我杀了你 你活着走不出这间屋子
I'll murder you. You won't get out of this house alive.
电影精选列表