She taught us how to sew, she taught us how to knit,
还有教我们怎么针织 刺绣 教了特别多东西
how to crochet, how to embroider, everything.
我们啥都学 就一边看她干活 一边学
We did everything. We watched her, and we learned.
不过这些针线活很难 我妈时不时要提供些“场外援助”
But it was tough. And she had to help out too.
我的表妹
So my mother - my sister lived with -
没和她妈住在一起 而是和我妈住在了一起
my mother, rather, lived with her mother.
Mm-hmm.
等会儿 走廊里有人 谁在走廊里
Wait a minute. In the hallway. Be careful. Who's in the hallway?
发生了啥 有人走上走下的
What's happening? - Somebody's going up and down.
谨慎点总没错
Just be careful.
你也不知道外面是啥货色对吧
No, you never know.
我老妈...我老妈以前和她老妈住在一起
So my mother - my mother used to live with her mother,
就在...
you know, after -
出于某些原因吧 她住在别人家里
or wherever it was. She lived in somebody's house anyway.
所以当她谈起
So she says that this -
意大利那些陈年往事时
talking about things that used to happen in Italy.
大多都是些奇闻异事 大家都喜欢这种怪谈
There were strange things. They used to tell us these stories.
反正你也爱信不信
If you want to believe it, you believe it.
不过我很相信 因为我妈不会骗我的
But, you know, the way it was, I'm sure my mother wouldn't lie to us.
她说有天晚上 她还在睡觉 结果小孩醒了
She said that this night, she was sleeping, and the baby woke up.
我妈就要起来照顾小孩啊
And of course, the women used to nurse the children.
那时候还没有奶瓶这种东西
There was no such thing with the bottle.
所以她就要亲自照顾喂奶
So she got up and started to nurse this child.
她当时就坐在床上
As she nursed this child, she's sitting up in the bed.
坐在床尾
Now, at the foot of the bed...
她看见了一个男人向她走来
She saw this man appear to her.
那个男人浑身银色
He was all in silver.
操着一口意大利语跟她说... 当然我现在用英语转述
And he says to her in Italian - I'll say it in english -
随便用啥打我一下 你就能立马发财
if you hit me with something, I'll make you rich.
我妈就很害怕
So she got scared.
她抱起了孩子 紧紧地抱在怀里
So she took the little baby and pressed it closer to her chest.
那个男人又重复了一遍
So the man repeated it:
随便用啥打我一下 你就能立马发财
If you hit me with something, I will make you rich.
我妈更害怕了 后来那个男的消失了
So with that, she got scared, and he disappeared.
我妈她们在卖♥♥掉房♥子后说了这事
Now, they claimed that after they sold the house,
当时他们在修缮房♥子 人们就开始往下挖
these people started to dig - they were fixing the house -
他们挖啊挖 结果令人♥大♥吃一惊
and they dug and dug and dug, and you'd be surprised,
地底下埋着巨多的银币
they found all these silver coins under the ground.
所以我不觉得我妈在说谎 她说的故事都是真的
Now, I'm sure my mother wasn't lying. These were stories that she said -
这些都发生在她独身一人的时候
and this happened when she was alone.
当时没有人在她身边 你♥爸♥那时候在哪
She was alone then. - And where was the father?
我爸那会儿在美国 所以我猜
My father was in America at the time. So then I guess -
我就这么说吧
well, you see, let me put it this way.
以前 他们都很会讲故事
Years ago, they all were great storytellers.
我说过嘛 毕竟以前没有电视 没有收音机 啥都没有
Because, as I said before, you had no television, no radio, nothing.
还有种人
You used to get, actually, people,
以前专门上门 给小孩讲讲故事
they used to come to the house and tell stories to kids and everybody,
讲上个把小时
and say stories for hours and hours,
真真假假 虚虚实实 全由自己定夺
real stories that you don't know whether you had to believe them or not.
他们说的故事都非常有意思
But they say stories that, uh -
你就听得全神贯注
屏气凝神 那些故事真的很精彩
either to keep us quiet or what it was, some fantastic stories.
真的精彩绝伦 真的特精彩-
Fantastic stories. - Some fantastic stories.
那她跟她丈夫讲了这事没 她怎么讲的...
Did she tell her husband that story? And what did she -
她没讲 她就跟... 等会儿 让我想想 她是没讲
oh, no. That she told - no. Wait a minute. That's right.
那会儿她就跟...
Then she told - when she -
就在早上吧 她跟一起住的人说了这事
in the morning, she told the people she was living with -
我记不清她有没有和她妈说 有个男的就对她说
I don't know if it was her mother - so the man says to her,
你也太蠢了 你...
"you stupid thing, you.
12"
你可以用尿布打那个男人啊 手上有什么就用什么
You could've hit him with a baby's diaper, anything you had in your hand.
你本来可以发财的啊
You would've became rich."
谁知道啊 就你懂啊 谁知道这么做的后果啊
Then who knows. You know. Who knows.
有一次 我们... 我们老了之后 我们...
So one time, we had - as we got older, we got more -
有些地方就邋遢起来了 你懂吧
not civilized. You know.
你把他们拉扯大 孩子们都长大了 都有了男朋友
The children got older, got boyfriends, you brought them up to the house.
我们想让公♥寓♥好看点
You wanted the apartment to look nice.
就重新粉刷了公♥寓♥
So we painted the apartment,
我爸他在墙上挂了幅巨大的画像
and he had this great, big picture of him hanging on the wall,
穿着制♥服♥ 英姿飒爽
in uniform, which was beautiful,
那画大概有这么大吧
and it was about, oh, this big.
很大的一幅画
A big picture.
所以我们要一边画一边量
So when we painted, we figured, you know,
孩子的男朋友们上门的时候 这种画就很尴尬
the boyfriends come up, you don't want those things hanging up there anymore.
人们都希望自己家看起来更整洁点嘛
You know, you want to better yourself.
我们就没挂上那幅画
So we didn't put the picture up.
还好他也没注意到
Well, anyway, he didn't notice it.
我猜他可能以为 房♥子才刚刚装♥修♥过
I guess for some reason - I imagine he figured the house was just painted.
还没空挂画
They didn't get a chance to put it up yet.
然后有一天 我们的邻居来串门
Well, one day, a neighbor of ours came up,
她说...
and she says -
呃 我爸其实叫Martin 但很多人叫他Philip
well, my father's name was Martin, but a lot of people called him Philip.
别问我 我不知道为啥
I don't know why. Don't ask me why.
他们就filippo filippo的叫
But they called him filippo.
她说 filippo先生 我想不明白
Mr. filippo. - I don't understand.
我也不知道为啥 真别来问我
I don't know why either. Don't ask me why.
我有个哥哥 叫Salvatore 然后别人叫他Charlie
I have a brother, his name is Salvatore. They call him Charlie.
我也一样 我叫Luciano
Same thing with me. My name: Luciano.
你♥爸♥他叫Luciano 但人们都叫他Charlie 想不通吧
His name is Luciano. They call him Charlie. Why?
好了好了... 我叫Catherine
Anyway - - My name was Catherine.
他们叫我Katy 我根本想不通啊
They called me "Katy." I don't know why.
好了好了 那后来发生了啥 那个女人进来之后发生了啥
Anyway, what happened? So this woman came in?
那个女人进来后 开始...
Anyway, so this woman came in, and she started to -
开始奚落我爸 说
she started to tease him, and she says,
filippo先生 我怎么没看见你的画啊
Mr. filippo, I don't see your picture hanging up anymore.
这句话直接让我爸破防
Well, that's all he had to hear.
我爸幡然醒悟 我的画咋没挂啊
He figured now for sure - "I don't see my picture up anymore."
他数落了我妈一顿 那晚他们大吵了一架
Well, he turned to my mother. There was an awful row that night.
那女的见情况不妙 补了一句
That woman was very embarrassed. She says,
要是我早点知道你不想挂 我就不说了
"if I knew you were gonna take it up like that, I would have never mentioned it.
2包1"
我爸就跟我妈说 我今晚就要看到那幅画 我要撕了它
He says to my mother, "I want that picture tonight, because I'm gonna break it."
我妈慌了... 你懂的 我妈他们就开始各种找借口
So she says - well, you know, they started to make excuses.
但我爸他正在气头上
But he was fit to be tied. He was furious.
那个女人就很后悔
And that woman felt very, very bad.
后来我爸火气歇了 也不说了 不过一直到今天
Till this day, may he rest in peace,
我们也没把画给他
we never gave him that picture.
我弟弟拿着那幅画
My brother has it.
还有件事... 那幅画真的很漂亮
And another thing - - That's a beautiful picture.
你们没把画给他? 没
You didn't give it to him? - No.
我们那会儿还画了另外几张画
How do you think we made the other pictures?
因为他会撕画是吧 他会撕个粉碎
Because he would have broken it. - He would've broke it to bits.
有趣的是 等她爸去世之后
And this is funny. After the man dies,
他们临摹了很多张画 每个人都拿到了一张
they had the picture made, and everyone got one apiece.
不不不
No, no, no.
你嘴巴又大了 接受吧 这是事实
No, don't say that. - Come on. That's the truth.
Charlie 别这么说 原来的大画还保持着原样呢
No, Charlie, don't say that. The big picture remained the way it was.
保存在我哥哥那 小画嘛 就人手一份
My brother has it. But the small pictures, we all wanted one each,
像家族必需品一样
because it is - you had one.
这张画把我爸画的很英俊 英姿飒爽
It is a beautiful picture of him. It really is beautiful.
那他啥时候有美国户口的
How long was it before he became a citizen, though?
我想知道那会儿人们在干什么
I want to get some idea of what these people were doing.
我不知道 但我姐姐Mary知道
I don't know. My sister Mary knows that, see?
那行吧 你就说说移♥民♥的事情
Anyway, what happened with the immigration thing?
呃 当我们要去... 你懂的 他想要上个美国公民身份
Well, when we went to - you know, he wanted to be a citizen -
他路上还带上了我的姐姐
he had to take my sister along with him
因为他要个人翻译英语
because she had to be the interpreter.
嗯 他不会说英文
Right. - Couldn't speak english.
是的 他不会说英文
No, he couldn't speak english.
他会说一点单词 但是连不成句子
He said a few words, but not in sentences. You know.
当他跟局里的姑娘说话时 那姑娘跟他说
So of course she went up to the girl there and she says to him,
你想要上美国户口? 他听不懂
you want to become a citizen? He didn't understand her.
那姑娘又说 你有翻译吗 我爸就把我姐姐叫了进来 你进来
电影精选列表