你是不是做得太过分了?
Typical Arab overkill.
典型阿♥拉♥伯式的“过犹不及”。
Well, I'm not complaining.What do you really do?
我不是在抱怨。你真正做的是什么?
I ran a magazine in Beirut once.
我曾经在贝鲁特,办过一本杂♥志♥。
And now?
现在呢?
Like Arkady said,I put people together.
就像阿卡迪说的,我把人们聚在一起。
Why, are they falling apart?
为什么,他们在分崩离析吗?
That's an old Marx Brothers joke.
这是马♥克♥思♥兄弟的老笑话。
(20世纪30年代,美国的喜剧团体)
Are you a film freak, too?
你也是电影迷吗?
I spend my life at the movies.
我一生都在看电影。
Well, you must have a lot of time on your hands.
嗯,你一定有很多时间。
I am an Arab playboy.
我是一个阿♥拉♥伯花♥花♥公♥子♥。
Don't I look like one?
我看起来不像吗?
Well, you're not a bit like the sheik...in John Huston's "Beat the Devil. "
你一点也不像,在电影《打败魔鬼》中约翰·休斯顿演的...那个酋长。
The one who tells Robert Morley,"No, one look is...Not enough. "
那个对罗伯特·莫利说:“不,再看一眼就…还是不够。”
Oh, I'd love to see that again.
哦,我很想再看一次。
Well, by a strange coincidence,I happen to have it on tape.
很巧的是,我正好有这部电影的录影带。
Am I supposed to say,"Your place or mine?"
我该说,“去你家,还是我家”吗?
No. These days you say,"Betamax or VHS?"
不。现在你会说,“它是"Betamax格式,还是VHS格式的录像带?”
No, one look is not enough.
不,只看一眼,是不够的。
If you think we're the enemies of your country...
the logical thing is to boot us out.
如果你认为,我们是你们国家的敌人…合乎逻辑的做法是,把我们赶出去。
How much did you find out about the girl, Haldane?
你对那女孩了解多少,霍尔丹?
Student activist,but a very independent lady.
学♥生♥运♥动♥的积极分子,但是个非常独♥立♥的女性。
Quarrelled with the faculty, the SDS.
曾与教职员起过争执,她是“学生争取民♥主♥社会运动”分子。
Married briefly to a British expert on China...who's pretty left-wing.
曾与一位英国左翼的“中国问题专家”...有过短暂的婚姻。
- Not on our "K" list, though.Never has been. - What does that mean?
-但不在我们的“K”名单上,从来没有上过。 -什么意思?
It means she's totally apolitical.
意思是,她完全不关心政♥治♥。
Did good fieldwork in China.
在中国做了很好的实地考察。
Got a Ph. D. at Harvard in post-Mao economics.
因研究毛时代经济体制,而获得了哈佛的博士学位。
Oh, yeah. She nearly got kicked out of China.
哦,还有。她差点儿被赶出中国。
Called the American ambassador there a sexist asshole.
她还称美国大使,是性别歧视的混♥蛋♥。
Why is she working at the Middle Eastern Institute...for?150 a week?
她为什么在中东研究所工作?每周才150英镑?
She's one of those kooky Yanks who likes living abroad.
她是那种,喜欢住在国外的,古怪的美♥国♥佬♥。
So she's not working for anyone.
所以,她没有为任何人工作。
That's right. As far as we're concerned, she's clean.
这是没错的。就我们所知,她是清白的。
Thank you, Haldane. Good-bye.
谢谢你,霍尔丹。再见。
Bye.
再见。
Come in.
请进。
You counting your money, Doc?
你在数钱吗,博士?
Yeah... so I can buy my ticket out of here.
是的…这样我就能买♥♥票,离开这里了。
Well, before you pack your bags...
how about spending some of it at the races?
好吧,在你收拾行李之前…把一部分钱,花在竞赛彩票上,怎么样?
Why not? I like horses.
为什么不呢?我喜欢赛马。
This is not horses.This is greyhounds.
这不是去赛马。这是去赌狗。
The order of finish for the second race...
第二场比赛的结束顺序……
What are these men doing?、
这些人在做什么?
They're indicating the odds.
他们在指示赔率。
How do they get their information?
他们是如何获取消息的?
I wish I knew.
我何尝不想知道。
It's like a ballet.
这就像跳芭蕾。
That's nothing.Wait till the show starts.
这还不算什么。等演出开始,你再看。
- Bill. - Yeah?
-比尔。 -什么?
Let's go down and see the action.
我们下去看看吧。
Great.
太好了。
You also want to size them up.
你还需要,对它们进行评估。
I just want to see them race.
我只想看它们比赛。
Bets first.
先押注。
Dr. Slaughter?
斯劳特博士?
Yes. This is indeed a pleasure.
是。这真是我的荣幸。
- Is it? - Yes.
-是吗? -是的。
I'd like you to meet an old friend of mine-Bill Rafferty.
我想让你见见我的老朋友,比尔·拉弗蒂。
- Hello. - Pleasure.
-你好。 -幸会。
This is my friend Lindsay.Lord Bulbeck.
这是我的朋友林赛。这位是布尔贝克勋爵。
- Hello. - Hello.
-你好。 -你好。
So you're an American.Where are you from?
所以你是美国人。你是哪里人?
Originally,Evanston, Illinois...but now I live in Notting Hill Gate.
最初,伊利诺斯州埃文斯顿的…但现在,我住在诺丁山门。
Notting Hill Gate?
诺丁山门?
Isn't that where they had some riots a while back?
那不是前阵子,发生骚乱的地方吗?
That wasn't a riot, man.That was the carnival.
那不是骚乱,伙计。那就是狂欢节。
Sometimes it becomes a riot.
有时,它会变成一场骚乱。
Say, where can I place a bet around here?
谁能告诉我,在附近哪里可以下注?
Over here. Come.
在这儿,跟我来。
I want to put some money on number 4.
我打算下注在4号♥狗。
Not number 4, man. Number 5.
不要下注在4号♥,伙计。下在5号♥。
How's it going?
最近怎么样?
Things could be better.
情况应该好些。
I know. I read the papers.
我知道。我看了报纸。
So that's "the"William Rafferty, eh?
那就是“那个”威廉·拉弗蒂,对吧?
Yes.
是的。
I was showing him the real London of my youth.
我是在向他展示我年轻时,真正的伦敦。
My father owned part of a greyhound once.
我父亲曾经拥有一只赛犬的一部分产权。
A lot of doctors did.
许多博士们也都这么做的。
I remember coming here when I was 8.
我记得我8岁的时候,来过这里。
"Let us go then, you and I... "
“那我们走吧,你和我…”
"When the evening is spread out against the sky. "
“当黄昏在天空中展开。”
(摘自T.S.艾略特的诗《J·阿尔弗雷德·普鲁弗洛克的情歌♥》)
What about the others?
其他的人呢?
What others?
管什么其他人?
Him.
他。
Harry.
哈利。
You'll make your own way home, sir?
您是要自己回家吗?先生。
Yes. Good night.
是的。祝你晚安。
It's a sensational scheme, Sam,but it's risky as hell.
这是一个很好的计划,萨姆,但也很冒险。
The Arabs trust Sam...
because he's delivered the goods in the past,
阿♥拉♥伯人信任萨姆…因为在过去,他一直在履行诺言,
and he's always dealt fairly with the Israelis.
而且,他总是公平地对待以色列人。
It's still asking a lot to expect both sides...
to accept a permanent peace settlement.
让双方接受永久和平解决方案...这对双方的期望仍然很高。
The timing's right.Everyone's sick of
the Beirut mess...and wants a breather.
时机正好。每个人都受够了贝鲁特的混乱…都想喘口气。
No calls, Dutch.
没你事了,荷兰仔。
So a peace treaty's on the cards for the very first time.
所以,这是第一次,有可能签下和平条约的机会。
You pull this one off,they're going to have...
to give you the Nobel Prize.
你成功了,他们会授予你…诺贝尔奖的。
HMG, don't think you can do it on your own.
It's too dangerous.
别以为女王陛下的政♥府♥会让你一个人去干的,这很危险。
The vested interests lined up against you...
are pretty formidable, Sam.
既得利益集团联合起来反对你…他们都很厉害,萨姆。
And you're making it easy for them.
对他们来说,你让这事儿变得容易了。
Rafferty told me about the dog races-
dismissing the bodyguard,trailing around with that woman.
拉弗蒂给我讲了赛狗的事...你打发掉了保镖,跟着那个女人去鬼混。
I call that irresponsible behavior.
我管这叫:不负责任的行为。
Don't forget,it's because I'm on my own...that I stand a chance.
别忘了,那是因为,我要靠自己…我还有机会。
If my friends feel that I'm just a front...
for you chaps,you can forget the whole thing.
如果我的朋友觉得我只是个幌子…对于你们这些家伙来说,
你们可以忘记这一切。
OK. Tell us what you need.
好吧。告诉我们,你需要什么。
I want you to lay on a safe house...
but I want the Arabs to sweep it for bugs themselves.
我要你安排一个安全屋…但我想让阿♥拉♥伯人自己去排查隐患。
That's highly irregular.
这是非常不规则的。
That's how it's going to be.
事情就得这样进行。
When's all this supposed to happen?
这一切,你要什么时候进行?
September the 5th.That's my birthday.
九月五日。那是我的生日。
Well, then we'll have two reasons to celebrate.
那我们就有两个理由庆祝了。
Hopefully.
希望如此。
Hello.
你好。
Good evening.
晚上好。
Hello, Bulbeck.You remember Alan?
你好,布尔贝克。你还记得艾伦吗?
Yeah. Hello, Alan.
是的。你好,艾伦。
Aren't you concerned about your public image?
你不关心你的公众形象吗?
You mean, going out with escort girls?
你是说和伴♥游♥应♥召♥女郎约会吗?
I couldn't care less.
我才不在乎呢。
Besides, we're not living in the fifties.
再说了,我们又不是生活在五十年代。
So there's no such thing as... sexual blackmail?
所以,就没有所谓的…性勒索了?
No. That went out with the Cold War.
没有了。冷战已经结束了。
Are you sure?
电影精选列表