Watch where you're going,you silly cow!
看着点儿路,你这头蠢母牛!
Jesus Christ.
上帝啊。
Welcome to London,Dr. Slaughter...
and to the Institute for Middle Eastern Strategic Studies.
欢迎来到伦敦...并且欢迎来到中东战略研究所,斯劳特博士。
Dr. Slaughter has a Ph. D. from Harvard...
and comes to us after 3 years fieldwork in China.
斯劳特博士是哈佛大学的博士...并且,她在中国,实地工作了3年后,
来到我们这里。
Now, I don't have to remind you...
现在,我不必提醒你们…
how important it is for our institute...to maintain its
special relationship...with the Arab world.
这对我们研究所有多重要…这可以维持与阿♥拉♥伯世界的特殊关系。
We're dependent upon its good will...and its generosity...
for the funding of all our research projects.
我们依赖于它的善意…它的慷慨…为我们所有的研究项目,提供资金。
So think of yourselves as ambassadors...
bridge builders...friends.
所以,你们要把自己想象成大使...架设桥梁者...以及阿♥拉♥伯人的朋友。
You owe me the money,Nigel, and I want it.
你还欠着我的钱呢,奈杰尔,我想要回来。
Ask me nicely, then.
那就客客气气地,跟我要。
Why should I? We bought the house together.
我为什么要这么?我们一起还买♥♥过房♥子呢。
Everything is in the lawyer's hands.
一切都在律师的掌握之中。
The divorce papers are going through.
离婚协议书正在办理中。
Nigel, I have to pay my rent.
奈杰尔,我得付房♥租了。
If you can't afford it,get something smaller.
如果你付不起,那就租小一点的。
Smaller? It's a bedsitter, Nigel.
小一点儿的?那时佣人间,奈杰尔。
It makes our place in Peking look like a palace.
它使我们在北♥京♥的房♥子,看起来像一座宫殿。
You used to say your surroundings...
didn't matter as long as I was around.
你以前说过你的环境…只要我在你身边,就无所谓了。
Did I? Well,I must have been in love.
我说过吗?那时,我一定还沉浸在爱情中。
Don't worry.It won't happen again.
别担心。这种事不会再发生了。
Julian, I know it's very un-British to ask this...
but how do you manage?
朱利安,我知道,这样问你,很不像英国人的方式…但你是怎么谋生的呢?
Manage?
谋生?
On?150 a week.
靠这每周150英镑。
You mean you're living on your Institute salary?
你是说,靠你在研究所的薪金谋生?
What are you living on?
那你是靠什么谋生的?
My father has a small merchant bank, actually.
实际上,我父亲有一家小型商业银行。
Well, bully for you.What about the rest of us?
好吧,你真棒。那我们其他人呢?
Grants, scholarships.
补助金,奖学金。
Lauren, it's considered to be a good job.
劳伦,这被认为是一份好工作。
Julian, where I come from...a good job is a job that pays well.
朱利安,在我的家乡,一份好工作就是一份...薪水优厚的工作。
Why don't you apply for the Kuwait field trip?
你为什么不申请去科威特实地考察呢?
What's that?
那是什么?
Well, every year the Kuwaitis select...
someone from the Institute to do field research for them.
每年,科威特方面都会从研究所,选择…找个人,来做实地调查。
First-class travel,limitless expenses...and a little extra money.
头等舱旅行,无限开销…还有一点额外的钱。
Sounds too good to be true.Why haven't you applied?
听起来,好得令人难以置信。你为什么不申请?
I have.
我已经申请了。
Last week's car bombing of yet another...
上周,又发生了一起汽车炸♥弹♥袭击…
Libyan exile in London, Halfif Hassan...
流亡伦敦的利比亚人哈费夫·哈桑遇害…
has underlined the dangerous mood...
of the unpredictable Arab leader.
这位难以捉摸的阿♥拉♥伯领导人的遇害...凸显了危险的气氛。
Because of the rising tide of terrorist violence...
由于恐♥怖♥主♥义♥暴♥力♥浪潮的上升…
Lord Bulbeck,Britain's leading expert...
on Middle Eastern affairs,has stepped up his contacts...
英国在中东事务方面权威专家布尔贝克勋爵,他已经加强了与…
among the moderate Arab states.
温和的阿♥拉♥伯国家中的联♥系♥。
Lord Bulbeck,the international lawyer...
has been asked by the Prime Minister...
作为国际事务律师的布尔贝克勋爵...应首相之邀请...
and several interested parties...
to come in as an impartial negotiator and observer.
还有几个利益相关方…作为一个公正的谈判者和观察员。
Lindsay!
林赛!
- Lindsay, come here! - What is it now?
-林赛,快来! -这又怎么了?
This place is really falling apart.
这破地方真的要崩溃了。
Calm down, Lauren. I'll fix it.
别叫了,劳伦。我会修好的。
Lindsay, that will only hold until my next shower.
林赛,这只能撑到下次洗澡。
You know, I do this twice a day.
你知道,我一天得洗两次。
Why don't you just call a goddamn plumber...
and really fix it?
你为什么不叫个该死的水管工来…然后,真正把它修好?
No money for a plumber,and you owe me two weeks rent.
没钱请水管工,你还欠我两周的房♥租。
You bloodsucker, Lindsay.
你这个吸血鬼,林赛。
You could hock that video.
你可以把那个录像机给典当了。
And you, Doctor,you could hock your ass.
而你,博士,你可以典当掉你的屁♥股♥。
Just call the plumber,Lindsay...
or you'll have another Notting Hill riot on your hands.
打电♥话♥给水管工吧,林赛…否则,你又会有一场诺丁山暴♥乱♥了。
A white one!
这次是白人挑事的!
(1976年8月,诺丁山地区举♥行♥文化狂欢节。加勒比移♥民♥
与当地居民,因文化背景不同,最终发生冲突。)
You didn't touch your quail.
你都没碰你盘子里的鹌鹑。
I don't eat dead animals.
我不吃死动物。
Do you eat them alive,Dr. Slaughter?
你是生吃它们吗?斯劳特博士?
I'm a vegetarian.
我是素食者。
I guessed as much.
我也猜到了。
I don't smoke, either.What do you do, Mr. Van Arkady?
我也不抽烟。你是做什么的,范·阿卡迪先生?
Oh, I'm one of these boring bankers.
哦,我就是那种无聊的银行家。
Anglo-Arab Investment Trust.
英国-阿♥拉♥伯投资信托基金。
All those boring petrodollars.
尽是些无聊的石油美元。
What do you do? Obviously, you're not a banker.
你是怎么做的?显然,你不是银行家。
Right now, I'm lobbying like hell...
现在,我正在拼命游说…
to get on a field trip to Kuwait-
care of the Middle Eastern Institute.
由中东事务研究所负责的,去科威特的实地考察。
- That's where I work. - I'm impressed.
-那是我工作的地方。 -我很佩服。
Don't be. We're only paid?150 a week.
先别。我们只得到每周150英镑的薪酬。
- That's not much. - No.
-那还真不多。 -是的。
If there's anything I can do- that's what bankers are for.
如果有什么我能做的,那就是银行家的职责所在。
China? Now,that really scares me.
中国?现在,这真让我很害怕。
Nine hundred million people breeding like rabbits.
他们有九亿人口,而且像兔子一样繁殖。
You're wrong, Lady Newhouse.
你错了,纽豪斯夫人。
What do you mean, I'm wrong?
你什么意思?我错哪儿了?
There are over a billion now.
现在,他们超过10亿人口了。
That's official.
这是官方公布的。
You're both wrong.
你们都错了。
There are only 2 people in China...and I know both of them.
在中国,只有两个人…他们俩我都认识。
2 people in China? I love it.
在中国,只有两个人?我喜欢这个观点。
OK. If there are 2 people in China...
how many are there in the world?
好吧。如果中国只有两个人…那全世界,有多少人?
There are 5,000 people in the world.
全世界也只不过有五千人。
That's it-5,000.
就是这些...5,000人而已。
And I suppose, Mr. Van Arkady,that you've met them all.
我想,范·阿卡迪先生,他们你都见过了吧。
Five thousand? That's all that counts?
五千人?就才这么多吗?
What about the starving millions?
那成百万的饥民怎么算?
A million isn't a number in any real sense.
一百万,并不是一个真正意义上的数字。
There's murder in nature.Millions are dying right now-
starved, bombed, in camps.
自然界中有谋杀。数以百万计的人正在饿死,被轰炸,在难民营中死去。
Nobody gives a damn.
没人在乎他们。
You may deplore it,but it's a fact.
你也许会谴责这个观点,但这是事实。
Those 5,000-who are they?
那这5000人...他们是谁?
How many of them are... British?
他们中有多少人…是英国人?
Forty-five.
45个。
- German? - Sixty.
-德国呢? -60个。
African?
非洲?
None, and more Arabs than you might think...
but they're all here in London.
没有,而且阿♥拉♥伯人比你想象的还要多…但他们都在伦敦。
I suppose the rest are American.
我想其余的,都是美国人。
And naturally, Mr. Van Arkady,you're one of the 5,000.
当然,范·阿卡迪先生,你也是那五千个人中的一员。
Bien entendu.
那是当然了。
Tell me, how many are women?
告诉我,有多少是女性?
- Interested, aren't we? - Very.
-我们要对此,感兴趣吗? -非常感兴趣。
Well, since we're on the subject of women...
shall we go and have our coffee?
既然我们谈到了女人…我们去喝咖啡好吗?
I'm going to miss you.
我会想你的。
I'm not going anywhere.
我哪儿也不会去的。
You don't understand.You're being summoned.
你不明白。你是被召唤的。
Ladies to the loo and baby talk...
whilst we men pass the port and smoke cigars.
女士们去洗手间和婴儿谈话…而我们这些男人,却在这里抽雪茄。
That sucks.
这太糟糕了
That's London, my dear.
这就是伦敦,我亲爱的。
Julian, have you heard anything from the Kuwait Embassy?
朱利安,你有科威特大使♥馆♥的消息吗?
They keep giving me the run-around.
他们总是回避我。
- About the field trip? - Yeah.
-关于实地考察的事儿? -是的。
It hasn't been decided yet.
还没有决定。
About that Kuwait trip...
shouldn't I write and confirm your travel dates?
关于科威特之行…我不应该写信,确认你的旅行日期吗?
I suppose, yes.I didn't know it was so soon.
我想是的。我不知道这么快就来了。
Well, just draft a letter,and I'll sign it.
那就写封信,我来签字。
Well...
那么...
电影精选列表