Why can't you just be happy for us ?
Because I'm afraid for you.
若他没有追求你 这一切都不会发生的
This whole thing never would have happened if he hadn't gone after--
等等,汤玛士 一个手掌打不响
Now, now, now, wait just a second, Tomas.
It takes two to... tango. She is just as guilty as he is.
-她的罪跟他一样大 -大家冷静下来好吗?
Let's just calm down, shall we ?
他们恋爱了,而爱是美好的事
They fell in love.
* Love is a beautiful thing
Ask yourself this question, Isabelita:
问你自己,你们要住哪里? 你们要在哪里养大孩子?
Where will you live ? How will you raise your child ?
我们还不知道
- We don't know yet. - You see ?
懂了吧?
从经济的观点看 他们会住在纽约
Let's just start with the economics.
They will live in New York... because that is where his job is.
-因为他的工作在那里 -而宗教会是东正教
And the religion will have to be Catholic.
谁说的?
Says who ? [ Tomas ] The mother is Catholic.
妈妈是东正教 妈妈是什么教,宝宝就是什么教
Whatever the mother is, the baby is.
-长老教派又有什么问题? -那不算是个宗教
And just what is the matter with Presbyterian ?
- Presbyterian is not a religion. - I beg your pardon.
-你说什么? -汤玛士,汤玛士...
Thomas, Tomas, whatever--
这个国家是由逃避宗教 迫♥害♥的人们创立的
This country was founded by people who were escaping religious persecution.
韦曼家的人正是其中之一
The Whitmans were one of them.
当墨西哥西部被偷走时...
Sir, when the West was stolen from Mexico,
...分特斯家的人就发誓
the Fuentes family made a vow...
即使他们佔有了我们的土地 也永不会取代我们的文化
that even though they took our land,
they'd never take our culture !
文化?你称这为文化?
Culture ? You call this "culture" ?
鳄梨沙拉酱及沙漠中♥央♥ 人口♥爆♥发的贫民窟?
Guacamole and a ghetto blaster in the middle of a desert ? Dad.
你在攻击艾米利亚的浇汁吗? 那有什么问题吗?
Now you're offending Amalia's guacamole ? Papa.
What's wrong with Amalia's guacamole ?
怕你们不知道 白人在这里都快熔化了
In case you haven't noticed, the white people are melting out here.
[ Groaning ]
* Heat up 'til you sizzle *
* What a lovely way to burn *
* What a lovely way to burn
* What a lovely way to burn *
那有112度 我都可以在头上煎个蛋了
Isabel, it was 112 degrees. I fried an egg on my head.
他不是指白色
And he didn't mean "white." He meant-- He m--
-他就是说白色,不是棕黄色 -别讲到那去
He meant "not tan." Don't go there.
你♥爸♥的东正教言论 也没有什么帮助
Your father wasn't too helpful with all that Catholic talk.
艾力克斯,当我刚知道 自己怀孕时...
Alex, the first time I realized I was pregnant,
...我被圣薇薇安娜前 的红灯给停住了
I got stopped at a stoplight right in front of St. Viviana's.
你知道那是什么意思吗? 那是一个徵兆
You know what it was ? It was a sign. Of what ?
-什么徵兆? -宝宝应该信东正教
That the baby would be Catholic.
-还好不是停在松饼店! -你觉得好笑吗?
Then it's a good thing you weren't stopped in front of an IHOP.
[ Feigning Laughter ] You think that's funny ?
宗教是大众的镇静剂,好吗?
Isabel, religion is the opiate of the masses.
乡村俱乐部充满了种族主义者
And country clubs are filled with racists. Yes. Right. I agree.
对,我同意 你以为十字架会保护你吗?
Do you really think hanging a crucifix on a wall is gonna protect you ?
我相信,因为我是有信仰的女人
As a matter of fact, I do.
I believe because I am a woman of faith.
我对十字架 和我们之间关系的信仰...
The faith I have in that crucifix,
and the faith I have in us,
...来自我内心同一个地方!
it all comes from the same place inside of me.
从另一方面看...
Now, you, on the other hand-- [ Squeals ]
你不是个很积极的长老教派信徒
You're not even an active Presbyterian.
那何不让我们的孩子 跟着我信仰呢?
So, why don't you want me...
to carry my faith and my belief to our child ?
-这样做很好 -这不是唯一的选择
It's a good way to be. It's a good thing to do. But--
It's not the only way to be. It's not the only thing to do.
你要去哪里?
Where are you going ?
-你现在不是我最喜欢的人了 -你也不是了
You're not my favorite person right now. Yeah, well, you either.
要我的建议吗?马上离开 我甚至会替你申请
Do you want my advice ?
Get out now. I'll even file it for you.
-谁说律师没心肝的? -你期望什么?
Ah, who said lawyers don't have hearts ? What did you expect ?
你们的关系建立在激♥情♥上
You have a relationship built on heat. It's like Vegas.
就像维加斯 他们为何不将它建立在太阳上
Why didn't they just build this city on the fuckin' sun ?
你不是可以谈这个的人
Maybe you're not the guy to talk to about this.
我正是最适合谈这的人 我知道你试着做什么
I'm the perfect guy 'cause I know what you're trying to do.
你拖得越久,事情越糟
You're tryin' to be decent, but the longer you put this off, the worse it'll be.
拖什么?我只说我们吵了架
Put what off ? I just said we had a fight.
你说的不只这样,听着
You said a lot more than that, my friend.
我们来这里是要把工作完成 现在进度落后了
We're here to get a job done, and we're runnin' a little behind schedule.
墨西哥独♥立♥纪念日是星期二
Hey, can I help it if Cinco de Mayo fell on a Tuesday ?
-事情大条了 -为什么?怎么了?
Get your priorities straight before the shit really hits the fan.
Why ? What's up ? We had a little visit from OSHA.
职业安全与健康管理机构 来过了
跟工头说,我们快被停工了
Will you talk to the foreman ? We came this close to a red-tag shutdown.
[ Whispering ] Oh, Jesus.
天啊
[ Sighs ] Jesus.
-我会处理好吗? -很好
All right, I will handle this, okay ? Good.
[ Woman ] Mrs. Gonzales, please. [ Phone Ringing ]
Hi. Have a seat.
-能为你服务吗? -伊莎贝尔分特斯...韦曼
May I help you ? Isabel Fuentes, uh, Whitman.
- Isabel. - I thought you had to work.
-我以为你要工作 -是有,但我得跟你谈谈
I do, but I need to talk to you.
我也要跟你谈谈
I need to talk to you too.
对一切的发展,我感到很内疚
I feel really bad about the way things have been going.
哦,不,是我的错
Oh, no, no. It was my fault.
我没对你诚实
Look, I haven't been completely honest with you.
我正在想...
And I was thinking on the way over--
嗨,伊莎贝尔
Hello, Isabel. How are we today ?
-今天如何? -我们很好
We are fine.
-你是父亲吧,我是丽莎巴尼斯医生 -艾力克斯韦曼
Oh, you must be the father I've heard so much about.
I'm Lisa Barnes. Alex Whitman.
你正好赶上这场秀
You're just in time for the show.
想看吗?过来
You wanna watch ? Come over.
-那会痛吗? -不,只会有点痒
Uh, is that gonna hurt her ? Oh, no, it tickles.
[ Machine Beeping ]
那是什么?
[ Rapid Thumping ] Whoa. What is that ?
-那是你的宝宝的心跳 -好快
That's your baby's heartbeat. It's so fast.
很正常
It's normal. Neat, huh ?
很妙,对吗?
- Yeah. - Yeah.
那是头
There's the head.
那是腿
There's a leg.
等等
Wait a minute. Wait a minute.
这是他的...?
Is-- Is that his--
实际上,我想那是他的手臂
Actually I think that's an arm.
现在要判断性别还太早
It's a little too early to determine the baby's sex.
我们替你宝宝照第一张相吧
Okay, let's take the first picture of your baby.
我很抱歉
[ Whispers ] I'm sorry.
我也是
Me too.
我能听到他的心噗噗地跳
Jeff, I could hear his little heartbeat.
I mean, it was going ba-doom-boom, doom, ba-doom.
我跟纽约方面讲过话 你知道谁超前了3周的进度?
That's great. I spoke to New York yesterday.
Guess who is three weeks ahead of schedule ?
-查理彼得斯没有生活 -我正要这么说
Charlie Peters doesn't have a life, okay ? I'm just sayin'.
-我的起重哪里去了? -工头说明天早上
Hey, where the hell is my crane ?
Foreman says first thing tomorrow.
嗨!
Hello ! Hey-hey.
你在这里干什么?
Hey, Isabel. Wow, what are you doin' here ?
我来绑♥架♥你
I've come to kidnap you.
-今天真不是个好日子 -别逼我扁你,白佬
Alex, this is really not a good day.
Oh, don't make me hurt you, gringo.
今天是他生日,我不准你说不
It's his birthday, and I won't take "no" for an answer.
你会帮他掩饰一下吗?
Will you cover for me ? Please ?
-拜托? -玩得开心点
Have a good time.
-谢谢 -谢谢
Thank you, Jeff. Thank you, Jeff.
Bye-bye. [ Both ] Bye.
Bye-bye. Bye.
我们要去哪?
[ Alex ] So, where we goin' ?
是个惊喜,大大的惊喜
[ Isabel Chuckling ] It's a surprise. Big surprise.
我第一次来这里时...
[ Isabel ] The very first time I came here,
我爸告诉我住在那高原上的 松鼠家庭
my father told me this story about a family of squirrels...
that lived on the plateau. [ Alex ] Mm-hmm.
他说有一天峡谷裂开
He said that one day the canyon split.
一半的松鼠在北边...
Half of the squirrels ended up on the North Rim...
另一半在南边
and the other half on the South Rim.
随着时间过去,两边的家庭 变得不同
Over time, the two families became different,
各自为适应环境而改变
each one adjusting to their own environment.
北方的变得较黑 尾巴毛较浓密,有双大耳朵
The ones to the north are dark,
bushy-tailed and have bigger ears.
南方的较瘦且卑劣 但漂亮许多
The ones to the south are leaner,
meaner and much prettier.
虽然他们看来不同 行为也不同...
And even though they look different and they act different,
他们却是同一种松鼠
they are the exact same squirrel.
只是在不同边成长
They just grew up on different sides.
而他们之间的峡谷...
And this canyon between them ?
他们能跨越它吗?
Will they ever be able to cross it ?
电影精选列表